Recycling your Spells.

Discuss cards that let you get Spells back from the Graveyard. How good does it need to be to be of any use? When is it concidered bad?

How would an acceptable Spell recycling effect be like granted that we don't have one yet?

Actually, just discuss about anything that comes to mind about these cards and others I might have forgoten (and other more general effects like Feather of the Phoenix).

[spoiler=Cards:]

2uf6emb.png9blmwg.pngaf8xo3.jpg33y146q.jpgx5nkhw.jpg15db8js.jpg28mkcqh.jpg199q4n.jpg

goddamn i love dark magician of chaos...

do you mean things specific to spells or anything that could get a card from the grave?

here's a general card: A Feather of a Phoenix

I mean, just spells.

How good does a card effect that revives spells needs to be?

I see Dark Magician of Chaos (everyone's favorite) banned with all its overpoweredness. On the other hand, I see cards that no1 uses, like Spell Reclamation.

Also, I find it surpricing that a -2 like Magical Stone Excavation is actually semi'd

its a -2 anything.

e.g.

i have 2 gardnas in hand. MSE sounds alot sexier all of a sudden

with Spell Repro, you have ditch other Spells.... like a 2 4 1 kinda thing..not really worth it.

MSE is 2 4 1 but with anything. useful for when you need to dump dead cards from your hand.

also Serial Spell doesnt really retrieve a spell, just copy one.

DMOC wins this hands down... MoF comes second.

That's a good use for it but... is taking advantage of the cost so bad that it needed the semi?

Well I guess it lets you discard more than other costs while gives you a Spell back as a reward, but still...

Serial Spell doesn't get back... I ditched that detail lol sorry xD

Spell Reprodution is unilaterally inferior to Magical Stone Excavation' date=' so there's no sense even mentioning it.

[/quote']

I actually saw a friend put 3 Spell Reproductions in his Deck. It was funny. It can work for an extra (and desperate) Magical Stone Excavation in a fun Deck when 2/3 is not enough.

That Deck depended on Morphing Jar and had x2 Magical Stone Excavations, x3 of all flipping-related Books (moon, eclipse, taiyou), 3 Dark Piercing Lights x3 Shadow Graves. It was a Deck out Deck that actually worked more than half the time in 1 turn. Morphing Jar doesn't care about hand advantage after flipping.

Although you are right, other than that situation I'm saying, Magical Stone Excavation is generally better

shallow grave, not shadow.

and you're describing my deck, thank you vary much.

also, mse is still better than spell reproduction. you dont need 3 of those in that deck, and odds are you'll kill yourself trying to use one. hand advantage only doesnt matter if you can actually use the morphing jar again. if you dont have the books to, then you need to worry about hand advantage.

also, mof needs to be unbanned.

Serial Spell is pretty lulzy when you have no other cards in your hand.

Double Spell would have ben good, in the last format, but the fact how you have to discard a Spell card is rather meh.

And Spell Reclamation.... I need to keep testing it/find ways to abuse it(Traditional Format doesnt count)

spell reclamation is just odd, that way it's worded makes you think you get to keep bringing it back, but it doesn't do that at all.

of course, if it did, they would have banned it.

spell recovery is a very useful effect, being able to recycle one of the limited cards makes it basicly just as broken as the cards it brings back.

which of course goes into the 0-3 argument.

but lets try to focus on these for now please, we can get into that later.

endymion is a beast with that spell card addition for 6 counters on top of him being summoned.

spell reclamation is just odd' date=' that way it's worded makes you think you get to keep bringing it back, but it doesn't do that at all.

of course, if it did, they would have banned it.[/quote']

Spell Reclamation isnt limited to Normal Spells... You know that, right?

spell reclamation is just odd' date=' that way it's worded makes you think you get to keep bringing it back, but it doesn't do that at all.

of course, if it did, they would have banned it.[/quote']

Spell Reclamation isnt limited to Normal Spells... You know that, right?

I know, and that has nothing to do with what I said.

Archived