I feel like discussing a hypothetical set of rules.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure there are ways to get +6 in junk advantage on your first turn fairly consistently.

Please, give examples and the ones that are really consistent would end up banned.

Assuming cards that were problematic enough that FTKs were not viable, can we discuss how play in this format would be?

Guest PikaPerson01
Please, give examples and the ones that are really consistent would end up banned.

Charge of the Light Brigade. Hopefully Mill Wulf, Possibly Mill a a Random Zombie and Mezuki. Maybe Vayu and a Blackwing. Solar Recharge to draw into more pieces and open up more of a chance to randomly +1 more. Continue with the self mill, using cards in the grave to summon up more monsters. Pot of Avarice.

Banned:

Heart of the Underdog

Tethys

Ultimate Offering

Scapegoat

Ojamagic

Semi-limited:

Thunder Dragon

Volcanic Shell

... I assume this is in conjuncture with the current banlist, otherwise there starts to be some real problems...

#3 For each threshold of 2000* damage you take, you discard 1 random card**.

What happens if you have no hand?

Please' date=' give examples and the ones that are really consistent would end up banned.[/quote']

Charge of the Light Brigade. Hopefully Mill Wulf, Possibly Mill a a Random Zombie and Mezuki. Maybe Vayu and a Blackwing. Solar Recharge to draw into more pieces and open up more of a chance to randomly +1 more. Continue with the self mill, using cards in the grave to summon up more monsters. Pot of Avarice.

Vayu, Wulf and Mezuki would all be banned/limited to stop "victory by dump" I imagine.

Banned:

Heart of the Underdog

Tethys

Ultimate Offering

Scapegoat

Ojamagic

Semi-limited:

Thunder Dragon

Volcanic Shell

... I assume this is in conjuncture with the current banlist, otherwise there starts to be some real problems...

No, naturally I want triple Pot of Greed Yes, with the current banlist.

#3 For each threshold of 2000* damage you take, you discard 1 random card**.

What happens if you have no hand?

No discard, but you aren't saving yourself from much in an advantage-based game by having no hand.

Guest PikaPerson01

No' date=' naturally I want triple Pot of Greed Yes, with the current banlist.[/quote']

A bunch of banned, limited, semi-ed cards wouldn't deserve to be banned or limited or semi-ed.

Less picky single cards' date=' more discussing general gameplay plox?[/quote']

The general rules seem fine, it's just single cards that lead to problems.

On a completely unrelated note, Foolish Burial + Phantom of Chaos + Final Countdown = a pretty consistent 20TK. As is F.I.N.A.L, if only for the S/T adding.

On a related note, I have 4 cards in hand/field. My opponent has one monster on the field. Draw. Mark of the Rose. GG.

Morphing Jar becomes even more fun.

Here is the first 4 Card FTK that doesn't run any card that is really broken in this format:

Double Summon + Protector of the Sanctuary + Morphing jar + Book of the Sun

Your Hand + Field = 7

Oppenents Hand + Field = 0 (Except if they Run Dark Worlds)

Anyway I think you would need to ban to much cards and the deck being run would compleetly change. Cheap Advantages that normally would be worthless could be game breaking, while other reasonable balanced/slightly overpowered cards could become worthless. So I don't really like the idea.

Guest PikaPerson01

Morphing Jar becomes even more fun.

Here is the first 4 Card FTK that doesn't run any card that is really broken in this format:

Double Summon + Protector of the Sanctuary + Morphing jar + Book of the Sun

Orly?

On an unrelated note, Dark World + Card Destruction becomes quite broken. Loose Card Destruction, lose 5 cards. Gain 5 cards. Gain one (or more) beatsticks on the field or random effect that hurt opponent.

Sky Scourge Norleas would be limitable and so would Ocean Dragon Lord - Neo Daedalus as they both totally reset all advantage but give you 1 card to play with.

i wouldnt mind playing this kind of game' date=' would be funny to say the least.

[/quote']

norleas actually should be banned as well, since it becomes costless.

Sky Scourge Norleas would be limitable and so would Ocean Dragon Lord - Neo Daedalus as they both totally reset all advantage but give you 1 card to play with.

i wouldnt mind playing this kind of game' date=' would be funny to say the least.

[/quote']

[/quote']

Archived