The Official YCM Created Card of the Day Reviews

JerryFreelance

This thread will be the site of the official [Gadgetron™] Card of the Day, presented to you by me. Each day, I will be reviewing a card [or more] that you, the people have created. In my review, I will be including all of the following things:

-A picture of the card and the creator of the card

-The sets and/or promos the card is from [if possible]

-The rarity of the card in each of the sets

-List and briefly describe any common and/or powerful combos using the card

-List any support cards the card has (can be vague, eg. Jinzo and Limiter Removal, or specific, eg. Jinzo and Amplifier)

-List any decks the card could have great potential being used in, and briefly explain how it would be utilized in the deck

-Indicate any major errata changes I would make

-The card's strengths and weaknesses (eg. If I was reviewing Jinzo, I would say it is strong against decks that revolve around traps, like Macro, Return and Burn, plus against CC traps like Sak, Mirror, Ring, BTH, TT etc. But it is weak against Book, Snatch, Double Snare, Smashing and Brain Control)

-Lastly, give any other intelligent comments about the card that will assist readers in the use of the card

-A personal rating of the card

-My take on whether the card would be unlimited, semi-limited, limited, or banned

-A final verdict of the card

I will keep an archive of each one I make because I'm sure that this one post will overflow evenutally.

Grading Scale

0.0-5.99 - F, Your card is no good [2]

6.0-6.3 - D-, Your card is pretty bad

6.31-6.69 - D, Card is not bad [1]

6.7-6.99 - D+, The card is above average

7.0-7.3 - C-, Your card is good [4]

7.31-7.69 - C, Very good card [3]

7.7-7.99 - C+, Great card [8]

8.0-8.3 - B-, This is a very very very good card [4]

8.31-8.69 - B, Fantastic card [9]

8.7-8.99 - B+, Amazing. Simply amazing. [2]

9.0-9.3 - A-, Beautiful [2]

9.31-9.69 - A, Konami-worthy [1]

9.7-10.0 - A+, Drop-dead gorgeous [1]

If you get a C, you're doing a great job. I rarely give scores higher than that, so don't feel bad to get a 7. You're doing a great job.

Unlimited [20]

Semi-Limited [4]

Limited [13]

Banned [2]

Archive of Reviews

1. Fantasy Hero Wolf Axeor [~Omegawave~]

2. Paladin of the Dark Memory [~rahim the card maker~]

3. Obera Minera, the Trapping Plant [~uzumakinaruto93~]

4. Warrior Princess - Tina [~GXDuelist~]

5. Dungeon Dice Monsters [~God Kaze~]

6. Leavia Dragon - Okenuth [~Yankeefan07~]

7. Mech Frenzy Scouter [~rahim the card maker~]

8. Maija, the Hoverboard Destructor [~FFX-FREAK~]

9. Chainsaw Maniac [~Shinigami_Ichigo~]

10. Minus Warrior - Glisten Wing [~Star*Trainer~]

11. Soul Of Chaos [~Darkthorne~]

12. Nanesais - Corrupter of Fate [~KoLoBoS~]

13. Skilled Demonic Samurai - Velkasker [~theninetailedfox~]

14. The Destructor's Apprentice [~HMNISGwahahaha~]

15. Ghama, Slayer of Darkness [~tuffguy1992~]

16. Angelic Squad Soldier [~Shinigami_Ichigo~]

17. Chaos Beast - Devious Draco [~Darkthorne~]

18. Flare Knight [~instinctmeister~]

19. Chaos Realm [~Darkthorne~]

20. United Dragon - Twilight [~Star*Trainer~]

21. Chaos Beast - Nietroth Wargh [~Darkthorne~]

22. Imperial Dragon - Infernal Twilight [~Star*Trainer~]

23. Raze, Terrorizing Hound of Dark World [~bhim~]

24. Spirit Soaring [~instinctmeister~]

25. Warrior of Searing Flames [~Star*Trainer~]

26. Chaos Beast - Aggravated Acheo [~Darkthorne~]

27. Ryszard VI [~Frunk~]

28. Revival Mole [~Star*Trainer~]

29. Das Verandern [~Yankeefan07~]

30. Hero Behind Bars [~sabre~]

31. Dimensional Guardian - Tyaro [~Star*Trainer~]

32. Roboreaper [~Deity Mitsu~]

33. Phineas, the Phoenix Being [~arpeejajo~]

34. Surprise Attack Lotus [~Organization_XIII~]

35. Lukai the Tao Blitzer [~Dj-Osiris~]

36. Chaos Soul Clash [~Darkthorne~]

37. Alice the Doll of Silence [~Cyber_Commander~]

38. Tiamat Dragon [~Yankeefan07~]

39. Arcane Sycoph - Wicked Wenyr [~bhim~]

December 20th, 2007

Here's the first one! A card made by Omegawave!

FantasyHeroWolfAxeor.jpg

-Fantasy Hero Wolf Axeor [~Omegawave~]

-This card will be featured in Omegawave's Fantasy Hero set, and is the first card in the set.

-This card is an ultra rare and [obviously] and ultimate rare

-The secondary type of this card is "Reinforcement", which I expect means that it is a card for use when you need a reinforcement, so it doesn't have super-huge combo abilities

-The best deck I think this would be used in is a Fantasy Hero deck, but it can definitely be utilized in other decks as well due to its effect

-I'd take out the "Reinforcemnt" dual-type. Errata changes are not necessary, really... The "OCG" is fine the way it is

-The fact that you can Special Summon a 2000 attacker with no drawbacks just because your monster dies [which it will anyways] is always nice. So you get two monsters for free, one of them level 5. That right there is amazing as it is. And then, you have great hand control potential with the card's secondary effect. I love it, don't you? And the balance of the attack with the effect is great, so it's not too powerful.

-This card can be used in any deck, honestly. I would love to use this card if it were real

-If I were to restrict/ban this card, I'd make it semi-limited due to it's amazing potential in any deck

[align=center]Art - 7.8/10 [Great picture, should be a real card]

Name - 6.3/10 [Axeor I don't like so much]

Effect - 7.9/10 [A great effect in itself]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 8.6/10 [it's pretty damn good]

Overall - 7.65/10 [30.6/40]

Grade - C[/align]

Overall great job Omegawave! I can't wait to see some new cards from you!!

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well here are 2 of my cards I will like to show

5-2.jpg?t=1197829460

I think they both have good effects and Failure is searchable by sangan and mystic tomato and is a fiend one of the monst backed uo types in the game and the paladin is their to protect it from being destroyed by the effect of a spell and they could work with each other so the spell is destroyed and the owner still gains 500 lp and the other thing is failure also works with gravity bind,

plz rate ?

Actually Rahim, Paladin of the Dark Memory was one of the cards I was going to rate, but I chose Wolf instead.

I'll do a review on that as soon as I get another post in between to avoid doubling.

AS A PRIOR NOTIFICATION, PLEASE DON'T ASK ME TO REVIEW YOUR CARDS. IT MAKES ME FEEL BAD AS I'M PICKING THE CARDS TO REVIEW MYSELF AND I'M AFRAID YOU MAY FEEL BAD BECAUSE OF THIS

December 20th, 2007 [bONUS!]

The second one is from rahim!

cheer-2.jpg?t=1198193641

-Paladin of the Dark Memory [~rahim the card maker~]

-This card comes straight out of rahim's Cheerful Memory set, and is the fifteenth card in that set

-The rarity of this card is common

-It is near impossible to get this monster out, as you need less than 2000 life points AND 3 DARK monsters in the grave. By the time that you have less than 2000 life points though, you should probably have at least 3 DARK monsters in your graveyard. This card is very useful with smaller monsters that might get hurt by targetting cards that kill, as it stops your opponents' spells and traps, or cards like soul exchange for those pesky monarchs. This secondary effect can be extremely useful in some cases, as you can see

-Its only real support cards are DARK monsters, as you need them to get this puppy out. Also, Dark Necrofear would benefit from this as it can remove the three DARKs from play after you special summon Paladin

-Errata changes I would make:

First, I would make it a six star monster to balance the level:stat margin.

Effect Errata: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned when there are 3 DARK monsters in your Graveyard and you have less than 2000 Life Points. Twice per turn, you can negate the effect of Spell/Trap Cards that specifically target a face-up DARK monster you control and destroy the Spell/Trap cards.

-Once again, the strengths of this card is that it can take out the Spell and Trap abilities of your opponents' cards and keep your monsters alive. This card can seriously turn the tide of the duel if you're down and have less than 2000 life points

-If you run a DARK deck, this card is an awesome staple. Use it!

-I would semi-limit this card

[align=center]Art - 7.1/10 [Great picture, I really like it, but it looks more like an archfiend than a paladin]

Name - 5.7/10 [Meh, it's nothing special]

Effect - 7.0/10 [The effect is great, but the summoning conditions aren't so happy]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 6.9/10 [5 stars with 2500 ATK points and a fantastic effect]

Overall - 6.675/10 [26.7/40]

Grade - D[/align]

December 20th' date=' 2007 [bONUS!']

The second one is from rahim!

cheer-2.jpg?t=1198193641

-Paladin of the Dark Memory [~rahim the card maker~]

-This card comes straight out of rahim's Cheerful Memory set, and is the fifteenth card in that set

-The rarity of this card is common

-It is near impossible to get this monster out, as you need less than 2000 life points AND 3 DARK monsters in the grave. By the time that you have less than 2000 life points though, you should probably have at least 3 DARK monsters in your graveyard. This card is very useful with smaller monsters that might get hurt by targetting cards that kill, as it stops your opponents' spells and traps, or cards like soul exchange for those pesky monarchs. This secondary effect can be extremely useful in some cases, as you can see

-Its only real support cards are DARK monsters, as you need them to get this puppy out. Also, Dark Necrofear would benefit from this as it can remove the three DARKs from play after you special summon Paladin

-Errata changes I would make:

First, I would make it a six star monster to balance the level:stat margin.

Effect Errata: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned when there are 3 DARK monsters in your Graveyard and you have less than 2000 Life Points. Twice per turn, you can negate the effect of Spell/Trap Cards that specifically target a face-up DARK monster you control and destroy the Spell/Trap cards.

-Once again, the strengths of this card is that it can take out the Spell and Trap abilities of your opponents' cards and keep your monsters alive. This card can seriously turn the tide of the duel if you're down and have less than 2000 life points

-If you run a DARK deck, this card is an awesome staple. Use it!

-I would semi-limit this card

[align=center]Art - 7.1/10 [Great picture, I really like it, but it looks more like an archfiend than a paladin]

Name - 5.7/10 [Meh, it's nothing special]

Effect - 7.0/10 [The effect is great, but the summoning conditions aren't so happy]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 6.9/10 [5 stars with 2500 ATK points and a fantastic effect]

Overall - 6.675/10 [26.7/40]

Grade - D[/align]

ooo harsh =/ lol, i hope if i get picked i would do better lol no offense rahim!!!! =)

Numbahhhh 3 :], by uzumakinaruto93!

trapplant-1.jpg

-Obera Minera, the Trapping Plant [~uzumakinaruto93~]

-It is currently not in any sets, although the card says "AWSOM"

-This card is a secret rare, and for good reason. It's effect is BEASTLY!

-The best combo with this card is re-using something like Mirror Force, it's just so amazingly beastly. Honestly, if this card was made, every trap card in the game would be banned.

-This card can be used in ANY deck, no joke.

-No errata changes, the wording is fine as it is

-Its strengths are pretty self explanatory, it's a frickin' trap recycler for Frunksakes

-Due to its trap recyclability, this card would be banned in a minute. Nay, a second.

[align=center]Art - 4.1/10 [Don't like it, it doesn't really look like a card. But then again, it's hard to find a plant picture...]

Name - 7.9/10 [i really like the name, but the whole trapping plant part kinda takes away from it]

Effect - 1.2/10 [There are cards more broken, but this is pretty damn hard to beat]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 4.2/10 [Level to stats is great, but the effect takes it way down]

Overall - 4.35/10 [17.4/40]

Grade - F[/align]

Numbahhhh 3 :]' date=' by uzumakinaruto93!

[b']December 20th, 2007 [bONUS!][/b]

trapplant-1.jpg

-Obera Minera, the Trapping Plant [~uzumakinaruto93~]

-It is currently not in any sets, although the card says "AWSOM"

-This card is a secret rare, and for good reason. It's effect is BEASTLY!

-The best combo with this card is re-using something like Mirror Force, it's just so amazingly beastly. Honestly, if this card was made, every trap card in the game would be banned.

-This card can be used in ANY deck, no joke.

-No errata changes, the wording is fine as it is

-Its strengths are pretty self explanatory, it's a frickin' trap recycler for Frunksakes

-Due to its trap recyclability, this card would be banned in a minute. Nay, a second.

[align=center]Art - 4.1/10 [Don't like it, it doesn't really look like a card. But then again, it's hard to find a plant picture...]

Name - 7.9/10 [i really like the name, but the whole trapping plant part kinda takes away from it]

Effect - 1.2/10 [There are cards more broken, but this is pretty damn hard to beat]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 4.2/10 [Level to stats is great, but the effect takes it way down]

Overall - 4.35/10 [17.4/40]

Grade - F[/align]

are you purposley looking for bad cards? lol

lol no, I just pick the first cards I see.

Omega had a cool name, so I thought maybe I should review it...

Problem with it was that it was broken...

Usually I look at what people have said about the card before I read it and just pick it based on what I see...

Omega had a couple 9s I think, so yeah...

Maybe I should read the cards before I pick 'em xD

Man, I'm so into this thing... Number 4! GXDuelist gets credit :]

WP-T-2.jpg

-Warrior Princess - Tina [~GXDuelist~]

-Set is RAND, which I expect is just something he put in as a filler

-The card is ultra rare, but the art is so bright as it is, I think it would look better as a common or rare card

-There aren't any real combos that come with this card, but you do need a warrior type monster to tribute

-Best deck to be used in is a warrior deck, and it works best against a warrior deck, due to its secondary ability

-The errata is fine, no major changes, simply minor. Not enough to get changed.

-It's strong against stronger warrior monsters and anything that's weaker than it. The most important part of its effect is the fact that it can't be destroyed by a card effect, which is really nice because you can use it against cards with amazing stopping power, like Mirror Force

-I'd keep this unlimited, it's good balance.

[align=center]Art - 7.6/10 [i like it, but it's a bit too bright for my taste]

Name - 5.8/10 [Meh, Warrior Princess reminds me of that old show, Xena... Not special]

Effect - 7.5/10 [i like the effect caneller, the rest is just, meh, but nice creativity]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 8.2/10 [it all fits pretty well]

Overall - 7.275/10 [29.1/40]

Grade - C-[/align]

Man' date=' I'm so into this thing... Number 4! GXDuelist gets credit :']

WP-T-2.jpg

-Warrior Princess - Tina [~GXDuelist~]

-Set is RAND, which I expect is just something he put in as a filler

-The card is ultra rare, but the art is so bright as it is, I think it would look better as a common or rare card

-There aren't any real combos that come with this card, but you do need a warrior type monster to tribute

-Best deck to be used in is a warrior deck, and it works best against a warrior deck, due to its secondary ability

-The errata is fine, no major changes, simply minor. Not enough to get changed.

-It's strong against stronger warrior monsters and anything that's weaker than it. The most important part of its effect is the fact that it can't be destroyed by a card effect, which is really nice because you can use it against cards with amazing stopping power, like Mirror Force

-I'd keep this unlimited, it's good balance.

[align=center]Art - 7.6/10 [i like it, but it's a bit too bright for my taste]

Name - 5.8/10 [Meh, Warrior Princess reminds me of that old show, Xena... Not special]

Effect - 7.5/10 [i like the effect caneller, the rest is just, meh, but nice creativity]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 8.2/10 [it all fits pretty well]

Overall - 7.275/10 [29.1/40]

Grade - C-[/align]

lol again, with the lower grades =/ :lol:

Awwright, for the fifth one, I'ma review the website's favorite card: Dungeon Dice Monsters by God Kaze!

DungeonDiceMonsters2.jpg

-Dungeon Dice Monsters [~God Kaze~]

-This is an ultra rare in God Kaze's set Dungeon Dice Monsters, and is the first card in the set!

-This card has an extremely original effect, and it's best use is in something like a beatdown deck, where you can stomp on your opponentsonce you've played this card. It's also extremely useful in swarm decks, where you can take the field by storm and win in a single turn

-Errata Changes I would make are only in the effect.

Effect: When you activate this card, the Life Points of both you and your opponent become 3. Negate all changes in Life Points and all damage to players except damage by this card. Players cannot activate cards or card effects that require paying Life Points as a cost. Each time a monster attacks a player directly, inflict 1 point of damage to that player. When this card is removed from the field, the Life Points of both players return to what their Life Points were before the activation of this card.

Not very huge, I know. But he wrote out the text in the thread, so I thought I'd take it upon myself to do something...

-This card is fantastic to use in some sort of stall deck, as long as you can keep something on the field. Stall/Burn will allow this to flourish. But it's best use is in a Swarm or Beatdown deck for a quick kill, but it will fail against something like Spell Canceller

-If I were to restrict/ban this, I would limit it to one copy per deck

[align=center]Art - 6.3/10 [Not very good art... I mean, I know it's hard to find something for it, but there are a lot of things that you could find that are better, even if it does take an hour...]

Name - 7.1/10 [Not so hot, but it does fit the whole thing I suppose]

Effect - 9.6/10 [superb ingenuity and originality, extremely difficult to top]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 8.2/10 [No level; but the field is a nice touch. I like that it can be destroyed if you play another field, good call Kaze.]

Overall - 7.8/10 [30.7/40]

Grade - C+

Verdict - Though the card has exceptional originality, the part Kaze failed to execute at such a supreme level was the art and name. Probably one of the most [if not the most] original cards I've ever seen. Amazing card though.[/align]

Archived