The Official YCM Created Card of the Day Reviews

JerryFreelance

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next! The first place taker in the [G]COTDContest: FFX-FREAK's Maija!

December 21st, 2007 [bONUS!]

80mzcyv.jpg

-Maija, the Hoverboard Destructor [~FFX-FREAK~]

-The card is a rare card in its set, HOV, which I expect means Hoverboard

-This card is fantastic! Deck control? MST? Can't get killed? AWESOME! This card is so good, it's not even funny. There's not really any support for it, but man is it a WOW card. It's mostly self-explanatory, the effects are great. You think it's broken? It might just be, but I think it's great, and you'd have to keep it under review for a ban list or two, and then see how much it's being abused.

-This card is such a staple card, you can use it in almost ANY deck you want. I'm sure monarchs would marry Maija in a minute, and any other deck would love to have this ally

-No major changes in the errata, it's got good grammar and fair OCG

-Its major strength is the effect that makes it so that Maija can't be killed in battle, as you can just remove it from play whenever you want. But aside from that, an extra MST is always nice

-I would limit this card, but I would definitely keep my eye on it for a ban

[align=center]Art - 9.3/10 [i LOVE THIS PICTURE. It's super fantastic!]

Name - 7.0/10 [Meh, it's not so great, but it ain't a bad name either]

Effect - 7.8/10 [Pretty sweet effect, although it is borderline broken]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 8.4/10 [Great balance, a one tribute with only 1900 is fine because of its awesome effect]

Overall - 8.125/10 [32.5/40]

Grade - B-

Verdict - A fantastic card that reminds me of Card Trooper in its amazingness. The art on this card is so sick, it's not even funny. Great balance and lovely effect. I would definitely use it.[/align]

Next! The first place taker in the [G]COTDContest: FFX-FREAK's Maija!

80mzcyv.jpg

-Maija' date=' the Hoverboard Destructor [~FFX-FREAK~']

-The card is a rare card in its set, HOV, which I expect means Hoverboard

-This card is fantastic! Deck control? MST? Can't get killed? AWESOME! This card is so good, it's not even funny. There's not really any support for it, but man is it a WOW card. It's mostly self-explanatory, the effects are great. You think it's broken? It might just be, but I think it's great, and you'd have to keep it under review for a ban list or two, and then see how much it's being abused.

-This card is such a staple card, you can use it in almost ANY deck you want. I'm sure monarchs would marry Maija in a minute, and any other deck would love to have this ally

-No major changes in the errata, it's got good grammar and fair OCG

-Its major strength is the effect that makes it so that Maija can't be killed in battle, as you can just remove it from play whenever you want. But aside from that, an extra MST is always nice

-I would limit this card, but I would definitely keep my eye on it for a ban

[align=center]Art - 9.3/10 [i LOVE THIS PICTURE. It's super fantastic!]

Name - 7.0/10 [Meh, it's not so great, but it ain't a bad name either]

Effect - 7.8/10 [Pretty sweet effect, although it is borderline broken]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 8.4/10 [Great balance, a one tribute with only 1900 is fine because of its awesome effect]

Overall - 8.125/10 [32.5/40]

Grade - B-

Verdict - A fantastic card that reminds me of Card Trooper in its amazingness. The art on this card is so sick, it's not even funny. Great balance and lovely effect. I would definitely use it.[/align]

OMG!!! THE FIRST B-!!!! lol wow =) :lol:

awww thanxies brother ^_^ hehe fine if you need any more cards for contests i will lend you them, but i will make sure they are a damn sight crappyier then my entry ^_^

and Bloodrun, FFX-freak is my younger brother lol i introduced him to this site, and The hoverboarder is infact my card, my creation, i just let Ben enter it ^_^

anyway..

Yes HOV stand for hover, i got the image from deviantart while searching i think, the word futureristic.

I instantly wanted to use it as i am a big fan of the hoverboard scenes in the film 'back to the future'.

its effect was based around my original contest entry card 'esu', i changed it slightly to give it a more specialness ^_^

i made it a level 5 as a lv4 would be far to powerful with its effect, and i didnt think it was worth a lv6.

and of course thr grammar and OCG is good, i made it lol

awww thanxies brother ^_^ hehe fine if you need any more cards for contests i will lend you them' date=' but i will make sure they are a damn sight crappyier then my entry ^_^

and Bloodrun, FFX-freak is my younger brother lol i introduced him to this site, and The hoverboarder is infact my card, my creation, i just let Ben enter it ^_^

[/quote']

Dude your not supposed to let other people use your cards anyway. But if you insist then do what you do.

awww thanxies brother ^_^ hehe fine if you need any more cards for contests i will lend you them' date=' but i will make sure they are a damn sight crappyier then my entry ^_^

[/quote']

lol oh ok, i thought you were just rambling on there lol hehe :lol: =)

The next one is the second place card made by Shinigami_Ichigo in the contest

December 21st, 2007 [bONUS!]

ChainsawManiac.jpg

-The card is not from any set, and seems to be a rare card

-The only limitation to this card is that your hand can only hold 4 cards. This could be helpful, but also a hindrance, as if you have to set cards so that you don't lose 'em, and then you get Heavy Storm'd, and then :(

-It's awesome in that you kill a card in their hand, and you can also get a card into your own. FANTASTIC EFFECT! Using it with some recyclable card would be bombastic, as you can totally own your opponent and get a card in your hand! You can use this with Felgrand Dragon to get a big hitter to go along with your Chainsaw

-It can seriously be used in any deck - how sweet is that?

-The thing is a frickin' level 5 2550 beatstick. A bit overpowered, yes, but man can it own you... And it gets you more cards into your hand, and it can take away from your opponent's.

-I would limit this card, simply because of how strong it is, in terms of stts, and because of its AMAZING hand control abilities.

[align=center]Art - 7.8/10 [Pretty cool, but looks more like a zombie than a fiend]

Name - 8.0/10 [Pretty cool name, I like it]

Effect - 8.7/10 [sO FRICKING BEASTLY]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 6.9/10 [Five stars with 2550ATK and a bombastic effect? I dunno...]

Overall - 7.85/10 [31.4/40]

Grade - C+

Verdict - Though the effect is simply amazing, Chainsaw Maniac lacks in balance, five stars and 2550ATK is nothing at all to sneeze at, and can beat up even level 8 monsters, and takes out Summoned Skull too. I wish this puppy was a Zombie, as it looks like one, but Fiends can use the support too. I'd run it in any kind of deck, it's awesome![/align]

Archived