The Official YCM Created Card of the Day Reviews

JerryFreelance

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the last one from the contest, one of Star's Minus monsters!

MinusWarrior-GlistenWingUpdated.jpg

-This is Gladiator Beast Twilight's Minus Warrior - Glisten Wing, a card from his new breed of monsters, the Minus monsters!

-This super rare hails from the Minus set, and is the sixth card in this brand new set with an awesome original type of monster

-This baby gets you a card whenever you activate a spell, and on top of this, when you special summon him [no tributes :)], you get a 2800 ATK beatstick! And, you can get this puppy out with Shining Angel, as its original ATK is under 1500. Can it get any better than that?

-This card can be utilized really well in any deck that you use Shining Angel for, or in a minus deck. It works very well either way. This is a great idea and an overall fantastic card!

-The errata and OCG on this are great. The only thing it could use to make it look more like a real card would be to add a space in between "Warrior" and the "-" and a space between the "-" and "Glisten"

-I'd keep this card Unlimited, but it could probably get to a semi-limit or even maybe a limit depending on the levels of abuse with this beast.

[align=center]Art - 9.3/10 [i LOVE THE ART IT'S FRICKING AMAZING]

Name - 8.4/10 [Pretty sweet name, I like it]

Effect - 8.6/10 [Great effect, it's beautiful]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 8.6/10 [it's got negative stats to start out with for bub's sakes, but it can get up to 2800, and 7 stars is fine for that]

Overall - 8.725/10 [34.9/40]

Grade - B+

Verdict - This card reminds me so much of McDonalds... I'm lovin' it. A LOT. The art is simply fantastic, and it's got a pretty cool effect and balance. Amazing card.[/align]

And the last one from the contest' date=' one of Star's Minus monsters!

[img']http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff244/InvertRemix/MinusWarrior-GlistenWingUpdated.jpg[/img]

-This is Gladiator Beast Twilight's Minus Warrior - Glisten Wing, a card from his new breed of monsters, the Minus monsters!

-This super rare hails from the Minus set, and is the sixth card in this brand new set with an awesome original type of monster

-This baby gets you a card whenever you activate a spell, and on top of this, when you special summon him [no tributes :)], you get a 2800 ATK beatstick! And, you can get this puppy out with Shining Angel, as its original ATK is under 1500. Can it get any better than that?

-This card can be utilized really well in any deck that you use Shining Angel for, or in a minus deck. It works very well either way. This is a great idea and an overall fantastic card!

-The errata and OCG on this are great. The only thing it could use to make it look more like a real card would be to add a space in between "Warrior" and the "-" and a space between the "-" and "Glisten"

-I'd keep this card Unlimited, but it could probably get to a semi-limit or even maybe a limit depending on the levels of abuse with this beast.

[align=center]Art - 9.3/10 [i LOVE THE ART IT'S FRICKING AMAZING]

Name - 8.4/10 [Pretty sweet name, I like it]

Effect - 8.6/10 [Great effect, it's beautiful]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 8.6/10 [it's got negative stats to start out with for bub's sakes, but it can get up to 2800, and 7 stars is fine for that]

Overall - 8.725/10 [34.9/40]

Grade - B+

Verdict - This card reminds me so much of McDonalds... I'm lovin' it. A LOT. The art is simply fantastic, and it's got a pretty cool effect and balance. Amazing card.[/align]

OMG A B+!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about yesterday, here's the first of today's cards, by Darkthorne, the winner of the second days' comp!

December 23rd, 2007

SoulOfChaos.jpg

-Soul Of Chaos [~Darkthorne~]

-I must assume that this card is from Darkthorne's Chaos Beasts set, although I am unsure... Nevertheless, whatever set it is in, it is a super rare and the fifteenth card in that set

-I must say, I love the hell out of this card. It gives normal monsters a use! This is actually one reason to run a normal monster in your deck. No joke. You just take something like the four star Demon Kid beatstick, pump it up with the effect of Dangerous Doppelganger after discarding it for Ferocious Fairy's effect! And then, when Demon Kid dies, you can bring out Demonic Draco and Provocative Priest, and use Devious Draco's AMAZING effect to keep on pumping out the glory!

-Its only use is in a Chaos Beast deck, as anywhere else it is just useless... But in a chaos beast deck, it is simply AMAZING.

-No errata changes - none.

-Its most important strength is that it can take cardboard, and turn it into a card. Magically.

-I see no reason at all to limit this card, so it would stay unlimited in my book

[align=center]Art - 7.6/10 [it has some cool stuff, like that purple vortex, making the angel not so much the center of attention, which is kinda neat]

Name - 7.2/10 [Doesn't really make all that much sense when looking at the card, but the fairy angel in the middle makes it work]

Effect - 9.1/10 [Like I said, cardboard to card]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 7.5/10 [No level, normal spell is fine, and the effect works]

Overall - 7.85/10 [31.4/40]

Grade - C+

Verdict - Cardboard to card. Nuff sed.[/align]

Coming in second place of my contest was Nanesais - Corrupter of Fate by KoLoBoS

December 23rd, 2007 [bONUS!]

SPELLCorrupterOfFate.jpg

-Nanesais - Corrupter of Fate [~KoLoBoS~]

-I haven't the slightest clue which set this card comes from, but I do know that it is the 37th card in whatever set it is, and that it is a common card

-This is a pretty neat card, and doesn't exactly combo too well with anything... Basically, you don't want a 1 or a 2, unless you're trying to get rid of this thing... Which can still work fine with a 3 or 4

-It can work in any deck, really, so it's not super selective when you're choosing this card for a deck.

-There are no major errata changes I would make to tihs card - it's done well.

-Its strength is its effect when you roll a 5 or 6, and even possible 3 or 4... But roll a 1 or 2, and you're screwed. I love the balance.

-I'd keep this thing Unlimited, as the balance is great.

[align=center]Art - 7.2/10 [it ain't half bad, looks like an actual card, and it does kind of have the spell thing going for it]

Name - 7.0/10 [sounds more like a monster than a spell =/]

Effect - 7.7/10 [it's cool, and the balance is nice. The effect isn't enough to be a banned card, but it's nice anyway]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 8.8/10 [i like the balance of the effect enough to give this a B+]

Overall - 7.675/10 [30.7/40]

Grade - C

Verdict - Really neat card and I have a feeling that it would be great fun to use. Great job KLBS![/align]

Archived