The Official YCM Created Card of the Day Reviews

JerryFreelance

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In honor of his 100th card, I'll be posting a review of a great friend of mine: Yankeefan07!!

December 20th, 2007 [bONUS!]

73eqrr8.jpg

-Leavia Dragon - Okenuth [~Yankeefan07~]

-This card is from Yankee's Leavia Dragon Cards Set, and is the 100th card in the set!

-The card is Secret Rare, and as it should be for having such a special number as 100

-The best combos with this card are to use them with Leavia Dragons that you have in your hand.

-This monster does best in a Leavia Dragon deck, as that's the only place where you can fully abuse it

-With its increasing attack strength, I might make it start with a lower base attack, maybe 2000... But the decreasing attack part at the beginning levels that out. The second part though, is pretty crazy. I'd probably make the card not able to attack directly, because otherwise it's over half their life points in one shot

-It's very strong against anything but monarchs, but then again, what is? It's a pretty darn good card

-I would probably start out by semi-limiting this card, but I would definitely keep my eye on it to limit or even ban it because of its last effect.

[align=center]Art - 8.0/10 [i love this artwork]

Name - 6.8/10 [Leavia Dragon is set in stone, but Okenuth is kinda... Out there-ish; I just know I'm gonna screw it up when writing it]

Effect - 7.4/10 [i like the balance in the first two parts, and the second is pretty good, but as I said before, I don't think it should be able to attack directly...]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 7.0/10 [it should have a lower starting ATK in my opinion, but it's good that it's such a high level. Two tributes is good for this puppy.]

Overall - 7.3/10 [29.2/40]

Grade - C-

Verdict: Great artwork. Though we've seen it before, it's still great, and this is probably the best use of it as far as I've seen. It's got a really nice effect, overall A-Rod is cought in a pickle between second and third base for the Yankees, but just barely slides into third.[/align]

December 20th' date=' 2007[/b']

Here's the first one! A card made by Omegawave!

FantasyHeroWolfAxeor.jpg

-Fantasy Hero Wolf Axeor [~Omegawave~]

-This card will be featured in Omegawave's Fantasy Hero set, and is the first card in the set.

-This card is an ultra rare and [obviously] and ultimate rare

-The secondary type of this card is "Reinforcement", which I expect means that it is a card for use when you need a reinforcement, so it doesn't have super-huge combo abilities

-The best deck I think this would be used in is a Fantasy Hero deck, but it can definitely be utilized in other decks as well due to its effect

-I'd take out the "Reinforcemnt" dual-type. Errata changes are not necessary, really... The "OCG" is fine the way it is

-The fact that you can Special Summon a 2000 attacker with no drawbacks just because your monster dies [which it will anyways] is always nice. So you get two monsters for free, one of them level 5. That right there is amazing as it is. And then, you have great hand control potential with the card's secondary effect. I love it, don't you? And the balance of the attack with the effect is great, so it's not too powerful.

-This card can be used in any deck, honestly. I would love to use this card if it were real

-If I were to restrict/ban this card, I'd make it semi-limited due to it's amazing potential in any deck

[align=center]Art - 7.8/10 [Great picture, should be a real card]

Name - 6.3/10 [Axeor I don't like so much]

Effect - 7.9/10 [A great effect in itself]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 8.6/10 [it's pretty damn good]

Overall - 7.65/10 [30.6/40]

Grade - C[/align]

Overall great job Omegawave! I can't wait to see some new cards from you!!

Sweet ^_^ First review of the thread and a good one ^_^. Thank you. I'll be making plenty more cards.

In honor of his 100th card' date=' I'll be posting a review of a great friend of mine: Yankeefan07!!

[b']December 20th, 2007 [bONUS!][/b]

73eqrr8.jpg

-Leavia Dragon - Okenuth [~Yankeefan07~]

-This card is from Yankee's Leavia Dragon Cards Set, and is the 100th card in the set!

-The card is Secret Rare, and as it should be for having such a special number as 100

-The best combos with this card are to use them with Leavia Dragons that you have in your hand.

-This monster does best in a Leavia Dragon deck, as that's the only place where you can fully abuse it

-With its increasing attack strength, I might make it start with a lower base attack, maybe 2000... But the decreasing attack part at the beginning levels that out. The second part though, is pretty crazy. I'd probably make the card not able to attack directly, because otherwise it's over half their life points in one shot

-It's very strong against anything but monarchs, but then again, what is? It's a pretty darn good card

-I would probably start out by semi-limiting this card, but I would definitely keep my eye on it to limit or even ban it because of its last effect.

[align=center]Art - 8.0/10 [i love this artwork]

Name - 6.8/10 [Leavia Dragon is set in stone, but Okenuth is kinda... Out there-ish; I just know I'm gonna screw it up when writing it]

Effect - 7.4/10 [i like the balance in the first two parts, and the second is pretty good, but as I said before, I don't think it should be able to attack directly...]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 7.0/10 [it should have a lower starting ATK in my opinion, but it's good that it's such a high level. Two tributes is good for this puppy.]

Grade - C-

Verdict: Great artwork. Though we've seen it before, it's still great, and this is probably the best use of it as far as I've seen. It's got a really nice effect, overall A-Rod is cought in a pickle between second and third base for the Yankees, but just barely slides into third.[/align]

Aww, thanks, you didn't have to review it ^_^. Dude, while I don't really like c-, this is a good 1. Thanks alot. Nice Yankee thing there with A-Rod ^^ Just, well, thanks alot man!

Hey Omegawave, Congradulations! It is a great set ^_^

Okay' date=' once you do that, put it back here, and I'll make edits to the review

[/quote']

lol ok, so you rated the dice card, with c +, lol, still, and besides, just to be fair on my part, i havent seen that card before, and still, when i just saw it, it seems, to um, done before lol =/

This next one was also made by rahim the card maker. This marks his second card to make its appearance in my reviews. Congrats rahim!

December 21st, 2007

untitled-10.jpg?t=1198252044

-Mech Frenzy Scouter [~rahim the card maker~]

-This card is from rahim's Yu-Gi-Oh! Cheerful Times card set, and is an ultra rare and the second card in the set

-This card works really well against almost ANY deck, except for against fairy decks. Book of moon a monarch, and then take it out with this puppy, but it's only usable in machine decks because of its effect, which is beautiful, by the way

-It's best support card is a high level machine monster who can serve as a beatstick once MFS has cleared out a monster. Jinzo works well here too, as traps can't do anything now, and the 2400 ATK helps destroy most monsters that people use.

-Errata changes I would make are only in the effect:

Effect: Once per turn, by discarding 1 Machine-type monster from your hand to the graveyard, you can check 1 face-down monster on your opponent's side of the field. If the monster is a non-LIGHT monster, destroy it.

-Its stats are pretty low, as it is 3 star, but it's strength comes in its special ability. Maybe it can't attack you to death, but it can destroy one of your monsters with its effect, then attack and take out 1/8 of your life points. And also, if used with something like premature burial, you can discard Jinzo from your hand, then bring it back with Premie, and now you have two monsters and your opponent just lost one! You can potentially do 3700 damage on this trick alone, or throw in a Limiter Removal and almost kill your opponent! Of course, this requires a GODLY hand, but it's definitely possible

-This thing can also get under Level Limit and Gravity Bind, which is great!

-If I were on the ban list committee, I wouldn't touch this card. It's fine where its at, and its only usable in a machine deck. Unlimited.

[align=center]Art - 6.7/10 [i've used this picture myself, so it's not super great =/]

Name - 7.0/10 [That's a pretty cool name, and kinda catchy too]

Effect - 7.1/10 [The effect is pretty cool, I like it!]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 8.4/10 [Great balance, and it gets under level limit and GBind]

Grade - C-

Verdict - A great Card made by rahim. It's pretty darn good, and I'd definitely choose this card in at least twos for a machine deck![/align]

Archived