The Official YCM Created Card of the Day Reviews

JerryFreelance

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next one is the third place entrant in the contest by theninetailedfox!

Christmas Eve 2007

lol.jpg

-Skilled Demonic Samurai - Velkasker [~theninetailedfox~]

-This card was created for the sole purpose of the contest, and is a super rare card

-The problem with this card is that the latter part of the effect doesn't make sense. Do you destroy all tokens that are on the field three turns after you summoned Velkasker? Or only the two that you created? It's too unclear...

-Apart from making the effect make sense, I would change the effect still:

Effect: Once per turn you can pay 200 life points to roll a six sided die. If the result is 4 or more special summon 2 "Vel Tokens" {LEVEL 3, DARK, Fiend, ATK-1000, DEF-500}. After 3 turns destroy the tokens and special summon a monster from your hand or deck whose level is equal to or less than the number of tokens destroyed.

-The best part of this card is that it takes tokens and transforms them... Into monsters! That you can then sac and summon. A slow monarch deck would thrive with this.

-Pending the effect, I'd probably limit this... I mean... 200 LP is nothing for 2 tokens... BEASTLY

[align=center]Art - 8.4/10 [i love the art, and I'd give it more if it actually looked like a samurai...]

Name - 8.2/10 [Pretty original, 'cept it ain't a samurai...]

Effect - 5.0/10 [Not making sense]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 7.0/10 [it's all good, except for the effect not making sense]

Overall - 7.15/10 [28.6/40]

Grade - C-

Verdict - If the effect made sense, it'd probably get much higher.[/align]

This next one is yet another contest winner! HMNISGwahahaha's card this time

Christmas Eve 2007 [bONUS]

6sk362h.jpg

-The Destructor's Apprentice [~HMNISGwahahaha~]

-I haven't the slightest clue what set this one is from, but it's the first card in that set, and it is rare

-The first parts of its effect are all standard. The real reason I chose this card to be reviewed is the last sentence in the effect - the part that makes the destroyed card come back to your hand. That is something really neat and original in an effect

-Support cards for the Apprentice are anything that jacks up your life points. This is great that it's a Fairy, because it can be used in a fairy deck and you can keep getting life points back

-The only errata change I would make in this card would be to put the secondary attribute sentence after the summoning conditions

-Along with its high ATK, its strength is bringing a card to your hand, and a card that's not even in your deck [most likely]!

-I'd keep this card unlimited because 2000 LP is kind of a lot...

[align=center]Art - 5.9/10 [i've seen it before... I believe it's one of Kaze's Archangels?]

Name - 6.8/10 [it's okay, but it doesn't match the picture so well...]

Effect - 8.3/10 [The last part of the effect is uber-neat, but the rest is pretty standard]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 8.2/10 [Great balance]

Overall - 7.3/10 [29.2/40]

Grade - C-

Verdict - The last sentence separates this card from any old chaos monster. It's an awesome bonus effect... I like it. A lot.[/align]

The next one is from tuffguy1992, who took second place in my contest!

Christmas Eve 2007 [bONUS!]

6uh4di9.jpg

-Ghama, Slayer of Darkness [~tuffguy1992~]

-I haven't the slightest clue what set this is from, but it's the first in that set and is a common

-This card is all about luck. Even if you know what cards are in your opponent's hand [unless they're all monsters or all s/t's], you might still screw up. The summoning conditions are really neat with this card, and I love the gamble associated with it

-Since it's so gambly, there's no specific deck for this card

-My only issue is the last sentence... To what is the effect referring when it states "that monster"? This should be explained... That's the only major change I'd make. Aside from that, the errors aren't that important to change

-I'd keep this unlimited, because there really isn't anything that can "break" it.

[align=center]Art - 0.0/10 [it's an actual card... Vanity Fiend =/]

Name - 7.0/10 [i think that slayer of darkness is a cool name, but if it is slaying darkness, why is the attribute DARK?]

Effect - 7.9/10 [The summoning condition is neat, but the end of the effect doesn't make sense]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 8.2/10 [Level:Stats don't matter because it can't be normal'd]

Overall - 5.775/10 [23.1/40]

Grade - F

Verdict - The art killed it. Don't use real card art =/[/align]

Because he has yet to rate our cards.

Zyzzyx says:

I'm taking a day off for reviews

Zyzzyx says:

I'ma watch a movie haha

Darkthorne says:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

Darkthorne says:

YOU HAVE TO WRITE THE ANGEL AND DRACO

Zyzzyx says:

lol

Zyzzyx says:

tmrw

Zyzzyx says:

My parents are making me watch it

lol thats funny, my parents made me watch santa cluase 3 =/ :lol: alright then.

Oh my gosh I'm so behind...

Here's Shinigami's Angelic Squad Soldier!

December 26th, 2007

createcardphp-7.jpg

-Angelic Squad Soldier [~Shinigami_Ichigo~]

-Once again, I haven't the slightest clue what set this is from, but it's the first card in whichever set and is a rare

-This one is kind of like a Grand Mole, except you don't get a choice; it just automatically happens. It's secondary effect is crazy though, as it gets a card back to the hand. Creature Swap is no match for this soldier. The best part of this card though, is its awesome balance. First, it can be used in any deck which makes it crazy. Secondly, if you own your opponent's field and they don't play anything during their next turn and you draw this, you're screwed. Of course, they are too, but you may have to waste a summon. And getting out of a battle is always nice, even if you get attacked by a Thousand-Eyes Idol...

-No major errata changes, the card is fine

-I'd probably limit this card due to its dual effect, although it could probably get by with a semi-limit.

[align=center]Art - 7.9/10 [Pretty cool art, and it fits too]

Name - 7.8/10 [Nice name... Kinda catchy too]

Effect - 8.3/10 [Great balance, I like it]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 8.7/10 [Great work on this]

Overall - 7.675/10 [30.7/40]

Grade - C

Verdict - I'd use this card. Great job.[/align]

Holy crap I have a truckload of reviews to make up [hopefully] tonight...

No dillly-dallying, let's do this.

December 27th, 2007

ChaosBeast-DeviousDraco.jpg

-Chaos Beast - Devious Draco [~Darkthorne~]

-This card comes out of Thorne's Chaos Beasts set, and is the 19th card in the set, boasting a secret rare uhh... rarity

-This card is really cool and has a really neat effect! First, it has 1800 ATK and is level four - I love that - which makes it an awesome beatstick. On top of that, it removes stuff from play! Imagine if you're dueling someone with a Fiend deck, and they summon Summoned Skull. Then, you Book of Moon it, kill it with Draco, and then use its effect to switch it out with Summoned Skull! Now you have a monarch killer, even though no one runs monarchs in a fiend deck... Whatever :] Awesome card

-A cool combo that I could see possibly working would be to use this puppy's effect to return something to the field, then Raiza it to the top of your deck. It wouldn't be able to go RFG. Since you return Draco to the field before the card goes back to RFG, you'd get Draco back, a Raiza, AND the card that went to the top of your deck!

-Obviously, this belongs in a Chaos Beasts deck, although it could definitely be used elsewhere, which makes it easily stapleable

-Errata changes? You misspelled "in" xD

-This beast can take your monsters, kill 'em, and then turn into 'em. It's almost as if it can't be destroyed!

-How crazy this card is, I do not know. But what I do know is that it's trodding a damn thin wire between the restricted and forbidden list. I'd limit it for now, and maybe ban it later.

[align=center]Art - 8.4/10 [i like Draco's facial expression]

Name - 8.8/10 [it's a cool name - devious is a nice touch... And surprisingly, it doesn't remind me of Harry Potter]

Effect - 9.0/10 [Really nice effect, but getting close to broken]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 8.0/10 [it's all good]

Overall - 8.55/10 [34.2/40]

Grade - B

Verdict - Great card, but it could get banned maybe the ban list after it comes out. I'd use it in any deck, but Chaos Beasts work well too. [/align]

Here's the next one - I'm on a roll

December 27th, 2007 [bONUS!]

FlareKnight-1-1.jpg

-Flare Knight [~instinctmeister~]

-This card is not in any sets, but it is an ultra rare card

-First, it's an 1800 LV4 beatstick, which is always nice. The only problem is... It can't attack if you have less than 3 cards in your hand, which means it doesn't work in a Dark World deck right off the bat. The second sentence is a cost, so even more Dark World dissage, but it also allows for 3600 damage in one turn from a level 4 monster. Imagine that on your first or second turn! But wait, there's more! Its ATK can increase to 2100! The only downside with this is attacking into anything with more than 1500 ATK points. If you nail all three tails, both monsters die at 1500, or Flare Knight could even get itself killed! So just beware of that when attacking with this guy.

-This card works in any deck; it's not specific at all. It's just a beatstick and is a great way to open up a fight.

-I really don't have any issues with OCG or errata - it's a well done card.

-I wouldn't touch this card on the ban list. Yup, unlimited; there's really no reason to.

[align=center]Art - 6.8/10 [it's good, but it reminds me too much of that Avatar Airbending show...]

Name - 6.1/10 [Nothing special at all.]

Effect - 8.6/10 [Excellent effect, and I love the balance boostablilty]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 8.5/10 [Very well done]

Overall - 7.7/10 [30.8/40]

Grade - C+

Verdict - A great beatstick card and even better to open up a duel with. I love it.[/align]

Next!

December 27th, 2007 [bONUS!]

ChaosRealm.jpg

-Chaos Realm [~Darkthorne~]

-This card is in Thorne's Chaos Beasts set, and is the 24th card in that set, being an Ultra Rare!

-This card is a field spell, so naturally it's gonna give the Chaos Beasts some support. Support here takes the form of a 500 ATK and DEF boost, which really helps some beasts, like Devious Draco raise the bar even higher and become nearly impossible to get rid of. Chaos Realm also gives you a Gladiator Beast-type effect; you can get rid of your Chaos Beasts to get more. You could go from level 4 to level 7 in just a couple Chaos Beasts.

-One combination that makes this card EXTREMELY broken is the combo that can occur with exodia. Load up your deck with the following:

3 Chaos Realm

5 Pieces of Exodia

3 Terraforming

29 Level 4 Chaos Beasts [Pref. 3 of whom can search for field spells as well]

I know it sounds crazy, no traps, and only 6 spells, but you have nine ways to get out Chaos Realm. Once you have Chaos Realm out, just keep reusing its effect to get rid of your LV4 Chaos Beasts, until you only have a couple spells and your Exodia pieces in your deck. SHABAM. Since you may have to wait for a little bit to get Exodia, you can put some stall cards in there as well

-The OCG is fine; no errata changes

-Although you can get such a powerful deck with this card, you can't touch it if you're on the banlist squad. This card would stay unlimited, but they might ban Exodia if this card were to be created...

[align=center]Art - 7.7/10 [it's pretty cool art, but it doesn't completely look like a field]

Name - 8.3/10 [i like Realm :)]

Effect - 8.5/10 [it's great, but the abusability with Exodia is tough]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 8.2/10 [it all works pretty well]

Overall - 8.175/10 [32.7/40]

Grade - B-

Verdict - Makes Exodia playable... Sweet![/align]

Archived