The Official YCM Created Card of the Day Reviews

JerryFreelance

Here's today's first one!

December 28th, 2007

UnitedDragon-Twilight.jpg

-United Dragon - Twilight [~Gladiator Beast Twilight~]

-This is the second United Dragon card that Star has made and is a Secret Rare card!

-First of all, to get this beast out, you need Normal monsters. That already kinda makes me feel bad about this card. However, because it requires normal monsters, it works well with Darkthorne's Soul of Chaos and Chaos Beasts, so just two sentences into the effect, we already have a possible decktype it could fit in! Next, we get Raigeki-in-a-card. I suppose this is meant to balance out the fact that you're running normal monsters. But wait! There's more!! Your opponent gets to draw cards for this, which once again balances out the -whatever they have, and they go to a +0. Which is fine. But then, this dragon gets 2000 bonus ATK points, putting it up to a whopping 6000! So now you get 6000 ATK and an open field. If you Heavy Storm and NORMAL summon something with 2000 ATK, it's over. Broken? Quite possibly. This is something we'll look at in a bit.

-Sok, we decided that this works well in a Chaos Beasts deck, but it's kind of like a Hamon in a CB deck. It doesn't run quite well enough... You have to build a deck completely around this card to reap the full benefits of this card.

-The errata and all that is perfectly okay... No fixes :]

-This card is not broken. The fact that you need to run frickin' normal monsters in order to get this thing out just totally balances out the 6000 ATK strength you get with it. The effect is very well balanced, and Star did a good job with this. This card is unlimited until people go all Demise on it and it becomes so overused.

[align=center]Art - 9.7/10 [AMAZING ART. Nuff sed.]

Name - 8.4/10 [it's pretty cool, united dragon... Twilight... Nice :)]

Effect - 7.5/10 [The fact that you need to run Normal monsters overrule the balance of it]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 7.1/10 [6000 ATK is too much for my taste]

Overall - 8.175/10 [32.7/40]

Grade - B-

Verdict - Sacred Beasts get a new friend, but it's unusable and not worthy of tournament play...[/align]

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the next one, Darkthorne's Nietroth!!

December 28th, 2007 [bONUS!]

ChaosBeast-NietrothWargh.jpg

-Chaos Beast - Nietroth Wargh [~Darkthorne~]

-This is one of Darkthorne's Chaos Beasts, and it's an ultra rare and the 27th one!

-So first of all, to get this out, you need Chaos Fusion. So you don't use polymerization, which is a good thing. 'Cause that card is damn annoying, especially when you're in God Kaze's fan-fic, where they banned Poly. With nearly 3000 ATK points, reaping the benefits of the latter effects are very easy. Your opponent will constantly be losing 500 extra life points and 2 extra cards. You can easily use this card to help your opponent deck-out. So there ya go, two decktypes already. Deck-out, and Chaos Beasts. However, this card belongs in a Chaos Beast deck, because you need Chaos Fusion... This is where you want Polymerization back... But that's okay

-No errata changes, this card is fine

-Its main strength is its ATK strength. You can so easily get what you want in the last two effects... It's a monarch killer, but a Raiza or Zaborg owns it, which isn't that good. Run this card with Pulling the Rugs aplenty

-This card would be unlimited, but I mean... I dunno, it's not that bad to get stuck on the list...

[align=center]Art - 8.6/10 [it's cool artwork, and it works with its fusion material monsters]

Name - 8.4/10 [Nietroth is a cool name, I like it.]

Effect - 7.2/10 [CoChaos Fusion only kinda does it in

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 6.9/10 [stats to effect - 2950 and 2650 should be level 9]

Overall - 7.775/10 [31.1/40]

Grade - C+

Verdict - BEAST CARD. High stats... The only thing that takes away from it really, is the fact that Poly and Metamorphosis doesn't work for it =/[/align]

Sorry I didn't do these =/

I know I'm behind, but I told Star I'd review his last card.

New Years Eve Special

ImperialDragon-InfernalTwilight.jpg

If you can't see the effect, here it is:

While this card is on the field or in your hand, you can choose if it is a Monster, Spell, or Trap Card. Depending on the type you choose, this card gains the following effect:

-Monster: Discard 1 Spell Card from your hand with the same name as this card. Increase the ATK of this card by 100 points.

-Spell: Discard 1 monster with the same name as this card from your hand. Draw 2 cards.

-Trap: Tribute 1 Monster with the same name as this card. Destroy all Spell and Trap Cards on your opponent's side of the field.

-Imperial Dragon - Infernal Twilight [~GBT~]

-Tis a sad day when such an awesome card maker retires from the game. But thank goodness Star quit his cardmaking after making such an amazing card. It's the last card he ever made, and it's Ultra Rare

-Now that we're done with the whole sob-story bull, let's get on to the card. First off, I LOVE that it's a 4 star 1800 ATK monster. If you ever want to win my heart over, make a level 4 monster with 1800 ATK. I love level 4s in general though

-Okay, so basically, the first thing you notice about this card is the fantastic artwork. But that's not all this thing has going for itself. It also has a really unique effect. Like, awesomely unique. It can be a monster, a spell, or even a trap! First off, when it's a monster, its effect is kinda lame. 1900 ATK is fine and all, but it pales in comparison to the other two effects. The best part of the monster effect is that it's not just for one turn. It sticks. So if you discard two, it becomes 2000 ATK forever [Reminds me of a little Shakira song xD].

-Its second effect is pretty darn cool. You discard this card while it's a monster in your hand and draw two cards. Personally, I think that's a pretty handy effect when your only cards in your hand are two of these. There's only one problem with this effect, but it's not like, glaringly huge... It doesn't even change the card that much... My opinion is that the card you discard should have been IDIT while it's a trap card, so as to not disrupt the balance of:

Monster - Spell

Spell - Trap

Trap - Monster

If you don't get that, I'm saying that when it's a monster, you discard a spell... When it's a spell, you discard a monster [i'm saying it should be trap, 'cause it gets no love], and then trap tributes a monster. But no big deal.

-Lastly, when it's a trap, you get a Harpie's Feather Duster type effect. This is where it starts to get a bit broken... First of all, it should have been a Heavy Stormer effect. Your S/Ts should die too. Now, I know that this effect can only be used once - twice at the most [if you're running three, you can use two to HFD, then premie one to the field and use your remaining one again], but HFD is banned for a reason. It's all good and fine, because you need two, but still...

-Errata is fine - no changes at all.

-Great card. Can be run in any old thing. Star, I salute you.

-If you run this card, run effects two or three. The first one isn't worth it most of the time.

-This card is crazy. It starts on limited, but would probably move to the banlist in like, a week for overuse...

[align=center]Art - 9.5/10 [The background looks even cooler when you highlight the whole post ^_^]

Name - 8.0/10 [Definition of Imperial - of, like, or pertaining to an emperor or empress.

Definition of Infernal - hellish; fiendish; diabolical: an infernal plot.

An emperor who is hellish is contradictory. Other than that, it's a real cool name.]

Effect - 8.9/10 [The first effect could do with some extra thought, but it's great.]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 9.8/10 [4 stars dawgggg. 1800 dawgggg. I'm. Too sexy for my shirt. THIS CARD SCREAMS THAT.]

Overall - 9.05/10 [36.2/40]

Grade - A-

Verdict - For his last card, he did very well. The only problem is the name contradiction. GREAT JOB STAR.[/align]

All right

I know I'm behind... But I promised I'd review this one, and I don't break promises.

January 3rd, 2008

razeterrorizinghoundofdzx1.png

-Raze, Terrorizing Hound of Dark World [~bhim~]

-This card comes out of my Spectacular Invasion set, and will be an Ultra Rare when it is complete, though for now it is Super

-First off, this card is clearly a Dark World monster, so obviously it's gotta support them. The interesting thing about Raze though, is that you get your Dark World buddies when they come off the deck. Of course, this comes at a price of 500 LP, which I think is a good barrier for swarming when it's not coming off your hand.

-Obviously, this can work in a dark world deck, but there's a different combo I see with this card that makes a previously useless deck type a bit better. Exodia.

-Combine this card with some of instinctmeister's Flare Knights, and watch the magic! Flare Knight flips and ups attack, and Raze drops cards into your graveyard. Just make sure you draw Exodia's head, and you're good.

-I would recommend this card in a Dark World deck, though. The Exodia win condition is too hard to pull off, especially if you send Exodia to the grave. This with Flare Knights in a DW deck can run fairly well.

-The errata on this card is fine, no changes I can see

-This is a pretty good card, and can make two previously bad decktypes potentially better.

-I would keep this unlimited, as DW needs all the help it can get. And this ain't broke.

[align=center]Art - 8.3/10 [Once again, wolf amazes us]

Name - 8.0/10 [No color pun, but it's nice anyway.]

Effect - 8.8/10 [Helps two different decktypes]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 8.5/10 [it's a good balance there. 1000 LV3 is definitely killable]

Overall - 8.4/10 [33.6/40]

Grade - B

Verdict - A great card that helps two deck types, and I'm not tooting my own horn.[/align]

All right

I know I'm behind... But I promised I'd review this one' date=' and I don't break promises.

[b']January 3rd, 2008[/b]

razeterrorizinghoundofdzx1.png

-Raze, Terrorizing Hound of Dark World [~bhim~]

-This card comes out of my Spectacular Invasion set, and will be an Ultra Rare when it is complete, though for now it is Super

-First off, this card is clearly a Dark World monster, so obviously it's gotta support them. The interesting thing about Raze though, is that you get your Dark World buddies when they come off the deck. Of course, this comes at a price of 500 LP, which I think is a good barrier for swarming when it's not coming off your hand.

-Obviously, this can work in a dark world deck, but there's a different combo I see with this card that makes a previously useless deck type a bit better. Exodia.

-Combine this card with some of instinctmeister's Flare Knights, and watch the magic! Flare Knight flips and ups attack, and Raze drops cards into your graveyard. Just make sure you draw Exodia's head, and you're good.

-I would recommend this card in a Dark World deck, though. The Exodia win condition is too hard to pull off, especially if you send Exodia to the grave. This with Flare Knights in a DW deck can run fairly well.

-This is a pretty good card, and can make two previously bad decktypes potentially better.

-I would keep this unlimited, as DW needs all the help it can get. And this ain't broke.

[align=center]Art - 8.3/10 [Once again, wolf amazes us]

Name - 8.0/10 [No color pun, but it's nice anyway.]

Effect - 8.8/10 [Helps two different decktypes]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 8.5/10 [it's a good balance there. 1000 LV3 is definitely killable]

Overall - 7.4/10 [33.6/40]

Grade - B

Verdict - A great card that helps two deck types, and I'm not tooting my own horn.[/align]

lol running out of cards to rate?

lol, dude, is my card review thing taking cards away? sorry man, um, I was gonna bump this becuase I love your reviews, an I don't want this thread to die, it's alot of pressure from what you said to be the only card reviewer. I don't like pressure ^_^

lol thanks bro

I always know who to count on :]

But I got this one. Here's the next one!

January 3rd, 2008 [bONUS!]

SpiritSoaring.jpg

-Spirit Soaring [~instinctmeister~]

-This card is not from any set, and is a common card

-I really think this is a neat effect that instinct gave it. You send five cards away, and pull two back. You can even take the two from the five you just sent to the grave! This is a great card all around.

-A combo I see this card with is the Exodia/Raze combo, remember that? Add this into the mix to superpower that! Now when you send Exodia's head to the grave because of Raze's effect, you can use Spirit Soaring to replace it on the top of your deck! Now you can draw that puppy to your hand and win the duel!

-There are no errata changes I would make - the card is great as is.

-I would keep this card unlimited, it's great and not broken.

[align=center]Art - 8.6/10 [For some reason it just really appeals to me]

Name - 8.4/10 [spirit, Stallion of the Cimmaron. That's what this reminds me of. And the soaring part is a nice touch]

Effect - 8.0/10 [Great effect! Highly original and really neat]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect - 8.0/10 [Good balance, but 5:2 might be a bit much]

Overall - 8.25/10 [33/40]

Grade - B-

Verdict - An awesome card that opens up even more Exodia opportunities! I love it :][/align]

Unfortunately, I don't.

The way I decide my reviews is by seeing cards on the forum.

However, if you PM'd me or posted on this thread [preferred, as to not have a billion messages a day] there is a better chance I will see your card first and thus review it.

Today might be your lucky day if you're first, I might review your card :]

Archived