The Official YCM Created Card of the Day Reviews

JerryFreelance

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to double post...but this Thread is' date=' like, dying. Hopefully we can save it. :3

[/quote']

I don't think it's the topic. It's YCM it'self. Think about it. Over 40000 members and a very small percentage of that 40000 post or even log in. We should do something to boost YCM's popularity.

Eh' date=' I [i']am[/i] a little twitchy now that you mention it-but this goes deeper, we really should try to boost YCM's popularity and advertising...somehow. =/

If you really care about it, post it in either General Section or the Questions and Comments Section. This thread is for reviews.

Wait a sec, MAJOR thing I just noticed. If my card was graded with the new grading system, and I did my math right, and fires are made of potatoes, then my score would be 9.13! Aww man, that would have been an A-. Oh well.

After seemingly forever, Cyber_Commander’s turn is here!

February 13th, 2008

Alice.png

Alice the Doll of Silence [~Cyber_Commander~]

So, this card’s effect is a bit blurry… Meh, it’s very good though because C_C made it on a spell card [which allows for a longer effect to be legible…] and switched to the monster card, but thankfully C_C provided the effect, which means the errata can be done first!

When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, your opponent can Special Summon the destroyed monster to his/her side of the field in Attack Position. Any monster(s) Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field by this effect cannot declare an attack or change their Battle Positions. Any monster(s) Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field by this effect cannot be used as Tribute(s) for a Tribute Summon (or Set).

Not many mistakes, but the biggest one is the thing that everyone forgets.

“By” is the new “as a result of”…

But that’s okay!

Now let’s look at the effect.

It only has 1600 ATK, but that’s enough to get rid of searchers, which is bad news bears for this card, as it killing a searcher gets your opponent a new monster AND their searcher back! So if they fissure you the next turn, they can damage you for a ton of damage! So basically, don’t attack searchers with this card unless you have back-ups.

If you run this in a six-samurai deck or in a side deck to a six sammie deck, what you can do is have this card on the field with another six samurai, the grandmaster, and maybe even the shogun! So basically, you kill your opponent’s searcher with this card, which brings to their field one new monster and the searcher again. So now, you take the six samurai and kill the searcher again, so it gets replaced. Now you attack with the other two monsters! It involves a lot of kills, but it’s the only real way to run this card against a searcher…

So in short, this card is not a tomatokiller…

But that’s okay; it has other uses too! The biggest of which is killing Treeborn Frog and the like. Monarch decks LIVE off of Tributes, and if you take it away from them, they can’t do anything. Of course, your opponent can opt not to take the destroyed monster back, but you know what? That just means an extra summon for them! Even though killing the monster normally would be the same, your opponent is getting the option to special summon their monster back to the field, but when they choose not to, they feel bad that they passed up such an awesome chance, and are thus likely to make more mistakes.

So this card makes monarch users cry, huh? Sounds good enough for me!

But you know, I don’t think that’s the reason this card was created…

It can bring a monster back, right? But that comes at a price. That card cannot declare an attack or change to defense position… So what can it do? Essentially… Nothing. It just sits there and takes the attack that your other monsters have left, essentially making one monster two…

But that makes this card bad, right? Because it keeps a monster there when you could be direct-attacking! But it can be good in a few ways as well… How?

Monsters that cannot attack directly against something like Labyrinth Wall. That has 0 ATK, so you’re essentially attacking directly, and thereby getting around the effect ;)

Also, your opponent can’t do anything with it except tribute it for a card effect… That means you can just kill it and kill it and kill it… And kill it…

It’s a lot of fun to do that! Plus, it takes up an extra space in your opponent’s field, so less summons if they like swarming, and also it keeps a card out of the grave, so they can’t use effects that require monsters in the grave.

Now, the thing I killed from the effect kills the entire card. Basically, YOU are supposed to decide whether or not the card comes back. What does this mean? Simple. No treeborn frog for you!

Cyber noted this at the bottom of the post, but I missed that =/

So basically, I have to write a WHOLE nother review… xD

So now, the effect should be:

When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, you can make your opponent Special Summon the destroyed monster to his/her side of the field in Attack Position. Any monster(s) Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field by this effect cannot declare an attack or change their Battle Positions. Any monster(s) Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field by this effect cannot be used as Tribute(s) for a Tribute Summon (or Set).

Now, that REALLY gets rid of the stupid little froggy… Yay!

In short, this card is a monarch rapist.

And it really controls the game, but at the same time, can be killed.

1600 ATK and destroys a certain deck type… Remind you of a certain “Des” monster?

This card would for sure by unlimited… Why? Those bastards at Konami won’t limit the monarchs, and Des Wombat serves the same purpose… People will think twice about running monarchs with this running rampant! Throw it in a Six Samurai deck or the like, and let the good times roll!

[align=center]Art – 8.6/10 [The holo’ing is very nice, but other than that, I like the cleaver xD]

Name – 8.7/10 [The cleaver = silence xP]

Effect – 9.8/10 [Honestly one of my favorite effects ever. Shuts down monarchs, and I love that…]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect – 9.9/10 [Think Des Lacooda, with a lot of stuff put in mind. Excellent work. This is what all card makers should strive for.]

.86 * 20 = 17.2

.87 * 15 = 13.05

.98 * 35 = 34.3

.99 * 30 = 29.7

Overall – 9.425/10

Grade – A

Verdict – Holy hell… I love this card! MONARCHS DIE DIE DIE!

Cyber_Commander, welcome to the club![/align]

And next, Yankeefan07’s card for this contest!!!!!

February 13th, 2008 [bONUS!]

2mbfc0.jpg

Tiamat Dragon [~Yankeefan07~]

So, let’s start with the effect… I already edited the effect for OCG/Grammar issues before he posted it, so as far as I am concerned, it’s right.

Actually, wait…

“owner’s”, not “owners’”…

So first off, it puts your deck in your graveyard, and your graveyard in your deck…

Get that?

Then, the ATK is equal to 100x the cards in your deck, which means your NEW deck, which is actually your graveyard.

So basically, if you have 25 cards in your graveyard and then you summon this, your graveyard becomes your deck and now its ATK is 2500!

A cool thing about this is that your graveyard goes back to your deck, so if you have any limited cards in your deck, you can re-use them. That also could make this a bit overpowered, but that is overruled by the fact that this card is a tribute summon card, which means that unless you get a bunch of cards in your grave, it’s not worth it, really… On top of that, your deck has only a limited number of cards in it now, which means you only have a limited number of turns to win. So if you only have 8 cards in your grave and you summon this, you only have 8 turns to win the duel. I think that balances it ;)

Now, once per turn, you can take a card from your graveyard, which essentially means drawing a card from your deck. The only difference is, since it’s in your Graveyard, it has to be flipped face-up, so your opponent will know at least one card in your hand. So if you’re top decking, you’re screwed… I’d advise not to play this card in a Dark World deck because you rarely have a hand, and DD Designator/Mind Crush/etc. can own you that way…

Now, this effect could also be overpowered, but then, this card cannot attack. That doesn’t seem like much, but it could for sure mean an extra turn for your opponent, and that brings you one turn closer to running out of your limited deck.

Now, the last part of this is that when it kills a monster, it gets shuffled face-up in the owner’s deck. That means that this card could be used well in my [unfinished] set, Arcane Shadow, as that utilizes face-up monsters as well.

On top of that, if your opponent took control of one or your monsters, you can kill it and get an extra card in your super small deck!

Now, the only question this card leaves you with is: What happens when it dies?

Well, from what it says, I would guess that your deck and grave stay EXACTLY where they are. Good luck with the rest of the duel =/

This is very neat, and borderline overpowered a lot, so I’d have to limit this card…

[align=center]Art – 8.1/10 [A really awesome picture, but it’s a tad overused…]

Name – 8.0/10 [Meh… It’s okay, but Tiamat is kinda weird =/]

Effect – 8.7/10 [it’s quite original actually, and I kinda like the deck-grave switch]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect – 9.2/10 [The balance of the effect itself is very good. This is what limited cards are made of.]

.81 * 20 = 16.2

.8 * 15 = 12

.87 * 35 = 30.45

.92 * 30 = 27.2

Overall – 8.625/10

Grade – B

Verdict – Just barely is still making it. You’re in as long as you don’t leave after 5000 posts![/align]

Annnndddddd the final review for the day! This is my entry to the contest, and so I’m bumping up the grade 1 point at the end [JK :lol:]

February 13th, 2008 [bONUS!]

arcanesycophwickedwenyrkb3.png

Arcane Sycoph – Wicked Wenyr [~bhim~]

Hmm… So my card, huh?

Well, I’m not going to be biased. I will grade this as if someone else made it.

First off, it’s a 1900 ATK 4 star monster. These types of monsters are EXTREMELY tricky to pull off, so I hope I was able to.

The OCG/Grammar/errata to my knowledge is completely correct, so yeah…

So let’s see if I pulled the card off!

Okay, so the card starts off with it not being able to be removed from play except by its own effect… So what happens when it gets killed by a macro-monarch deck? I believe that would cause an endless loop that would result in the card going to the deck by the second part of the effect.

So the card goes face-up into your deck, eh? Parasite Paracide anyone? But that card was useless! Well, this card is from my Arcane Shadow set, which revolves around face-up cards in your deck, which means that it’s all good and runnable!

So now, we see the next part. When you draw it, you remove it from play! Aww well, you just killed my draw you jerk! I hate this card!

Unless it has a cool effect when it’s removed… And guess what. It does.

When it gets removed from the game, you get to pick a monster on the field. As long as this is in the grave, you can negate the effect of that monster! How effing cool is that?!

Think of the possibilities. First off, this card can be a skill drain and kill the effects of monsters like Chainsaw Insect to have gigantic beatsticks on your hands! Or, you can go with the more obvious choice, and negate the effect of an opponent’s monster! But then, a lot of cards are ignition effects… Well, that’s okay; you can’t get ‘em all, can you? But at least this can take out most effects, and especially those pesky effects that just totally win the game… You know what I’m talking about, right?

Anyways, when the card is destroyed, this card goes back to your deck, but face-down!

So now you can draw it and summon it and it’s an infinite loop of life for Wicked Wenyr! VERY VERY COOL!

So basically, this card is for use in an Arcane Sycoph-type deck, so we’ll have to wait and see what it can really do. But for now, it’s looking pretty cool!

This card would probably be limited, as the infinite loop is crazy strong, and 1900 ATK with that effect-killing effect is monstrous!

[align=center]Art – 9.7/10 [i can’t even express with words how cool this artwork is!]

Name – 9.5/10 [sycoph is short for “sycophant”, which means parasite… This card is like Parasite Paracide, so that works fine. Arcane is just a really cool word, and Wicked Wenyr is a neat little creation of Darkthorne’s.]

Effect – 9.9/10 [Extremely cool. It’s an infinite loop of life, and then on top of that, it negates an opponent’s effect. Highly original, and extremely useful.]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect – 9.6/10 [The 1900, 4 star, effect-killer actually works, but it might have been better if it was 1800?]

.97 * 20 = 19.4

.95 * 15 = 14.25

.99 * 35 = 34.65

.96 * 30 = 28.8

Overall – 9.71/10

Grade – A+

Verdict – Holy… Crap… No, I did not just give myself an A+ because I love myself… Seriously. I didn’t.

This card is actually really cool, and the infinite loop is very useful. You may disagree, but in my mind, this card is extremely cool, and I can’t wait to see what I can cook up with Arcane Shadow, so watch that for updates [or don’t xD]![/align]

Yeah okay...

Initially it was a 4.56, but I decided that I love myself, so I bumped it up a couple notches...

xD

Well, no one has to believe that that card actually did get a 9.71... But w/e

xD

The point is, I made it haha

Just because I gave it a 9.71 does not mean to underestimate the power of the bhim...

Or maybe it does...

xD

Believe what you want...

I know the real truth though ;)

Archived