The Official YCM Created Card of the Day Reviews

JerryFreelance

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allllllllll righty then. Here’s the next installment!

February 9th, 2008 [bONUS!]

ChaosSoulClash.jpg

Chaos Soul Clash [~Darkthorne~]

The first thing you notice about this card is the “Chaos” in it… Thorne really does love them Chaos Beasts of his, huh? xD

Anyways, the artwork is kinda neat too… But now the effect.

It’s a spell card, so the card is gonna be fragile. It needs to be pretty darn balanced to be a good card. But enough with putting pressure on the card, let’s get down to it.

Well first off, you have to remove 5 monsters in your Grave from play. So unless you’re running a deck that uses a lot of monsters that uses a lot of cards like Nimble Momonga or a bunch of milling, you’re probably not gonna get to use this card until the mid-game or so. That already kills a couple options you may get… It’s probably gonna be a dead draw if you get it early, and if your opponent is running macro monarchs, you’re screwed.

So basically, the activation conditions could already make this card something you don’t want to run. But let’s see the effect before we decide whether it’s usable or not, shall we?

Select two effect monsters on the field and switch their effects.

Note that this cannot give Blue Eyes White Dragon the effect of “this card can attack your opponent directly”.

Now that we’ve brought that up, all you need to do is run this in a beatdown deck with a bunch of Jinzo #7’s and the like, and you will own your opponents. OWN THEM.

But the originality of this effect is really nice. The only problem is that it can take a 300 ATK monster that should be attacking directly, and switching it with some hugely beast monster…

That kills it…

The other thing that it does though, is it resets the effects. Allow me to explain.

A card that lets you do something like… Eh I dunno…

How about you switch the following effects:

“Tribute 1 monster to draw 1 card. This effect can only be used once during the duel”

“Discard a card and kill a monster. Once per duel effect.”

It resets. Now you can use the effects again because the cards have switched.

So as nice as it seems, the card is pretty darn broken.

There are so many cards that you can use this with and totally own your opponent. Broken…

Oh, and the OCG errors. 2, not “two”…

Because of the way you can kill your opponent, this card would be banned.

[align=center]Art – 8.5/10 [Neat art!]

Name – 9.2/10 [Yes… It is a very nice name ;)]

Effect – 9.1/10 [Very highly original, but broken…]

Balance of Level:Stats:Effect – 7.1/10 [Yeah… Not really balanced because of the BEWDirectly type combos.]

.85 * 20 = 17.0

.92 * 15 = 13.8

.91 * 35 = 31.85

.71 * 30 = 21.3

Overall – 8.395/10

Grade – B

Verdict – Unfortunately, you missed the cut Thorne…

As original as the effect is… It can turn two average monsters into one killer beast.[/align]

I think I'm being too easy on the reviews right now because I want these spots to fill up quick...

What to do?

Hm.. I know' date=' stop trying to fill'em up fast because when my turn arrives there'll be none left. :P

Nah, (half) kidding. I think you should review cards the same way you always did, that's the only way we'll know if our cards are really up to it. Too bad if we don't make it, but at least we get [i']good [/i]reviews instead of friendly ones. Right? ;)

Logmon: I don't tjhink you made the cut... Sorrry

Omegawave: Nice card; I will prolly do it in a little while

C_C: Oh come on... It can't be that bad ;)

Six: I look for 'em, or you can submit them to me... But right now, I'm not doing reviews of either of those tyeps... The best way is to enter my big contest [link in my sig; it's the spoiler] and from there, I may review your card.

barsam: Because I'm busy with other cards right now...

I rate them here' date=' that's correct... I'm not so sure I understand your question though =/

[/quote']

sorry, i was rambling with that a bit ^^; I was asking if u wanted the cards for your contest posted either here or on the other thread. I was confused about where they went since i saw them being rated here, but you answered my question for me. Thanks! ^^ Can't wait to see how my card fairs.

Archived