Official Pokemon Black and White thread. (loads of new info with lots of spoilers)

Machoke

How many 5th gen pokemon do you think there is going to be?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. How many 5th gen pokemon do you think there is going to be?

• under 50
    • over 50
    • under 100
    • over 100
    • more than 150

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been playing B/W and have already made it to the Second Gym. Well done Nintendo for making every Pokemon New :) Most of the designs are rather cute this Gen. I have a personal soft spot for Pidove. I always imagined a Pigeon as a Pokemon and Nintendo have pulled it off really well.

Not a huge fan of the C-Gear though. Takes up the whole bottom screen and feels like it is forced on you lol

Vanilluxe tastes delicious :3

TBH I thought many of the new pokemon were cute and cuddly.

Also, what is wrong with basing a pokemon after an inanimate object? It's no better or worse than anthropomorphism. Many animals are quite intelligent, but not in the same ways that humans are intelligent. Its as simple as that.

Wow J-Max, you are the first person not to complain about how the Pokemon are either ugly or based off of inanimate objects. +1

Cheers for the +1 :D Also Inanimate objects? Every Pokemon I have run into so far has been a Anima of some description. Heck they even have a Terrier Pokemon called Lillipup (another cute Pokemon) also the 3 "Pan" Pokemon.

EDIT: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/547.shtml

My cutenes Meter just exploded :P

There are always a few bad Pokemon designs in every generation of pokemon. People only complain about this gen's designs because they know they want to make an excuse to not have to admit that this Pokemon game is the best since Red and Blue.

Cheers for the +1 :D Also Inanimate objects? Every Pokemon I have run into so far has been a Anima of some description. Heck they even have a Terrier Pokemon called Lillipup (another cute Pokemon) also the 3 "Pan" Pokemon.

EDIT: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/547.shtml

My cutenes Meter just exploded :P

Well, a lot of people have been ranting about the Ice Cream, the Candle and the Trashbag.

I for one love almost all the new Pokemon.

Did a little research into Whimsicott and came accross this :P*Blushes*

O______O

I'm Eving a Blitzle and I'm worried its Defenses are too low, should I add some (Sp.) DEF Ev's, and if so how many, or should I stick with my 252 ATK and 252 Speed?

I would say go with 252 speed. Blitzle's niche is in speed anyways.

I am ATK EVing my Luxio which has Ice Fang. Should I also EV another stat?

Luxray, always 252 Atk and 252 Spd if you're raising a physical one.

For me, I can't access Dream World. I get on but when it gets to the first loading screen, it's stuck at 0%. I don't know whether it's my Flash (which I assume is really quite recent) or something else. Anyone?

Luxray, always 252 Atk and 252 Spd if you're raising a physical one.

For me, I can't access Dream World. I get on but when it gets to the first loading screen, it's stuck at 0%. I don't know whether it's my Flash (which I assume is really quite recent) or something else. Anyone?

Ok thanks. I do happen to be raising a Physical one. I am first raising it's Atk then it's Spd.

Liligant

Modest

Chlorophyll

252 Sp. ATK / 252 Speed

Competitive

Quiver Dance

Sleep Powder

Sunny Day

Solarbeam / Energy Ball

Casual

Quiver Dance

Sleep Powder

Dream Eater

Petal Dance

Does that look ok at least?

To be honest, your Casual set is more competitive. Own Tempo Petal Dancing Quiver Dance Lilligant can easily OHKO anything with normal resistance. Although it's suited to sun teams, it's often just used for it's pure sweeping power. If you use a Sun Lilligant, either wait for Drought Dream World Vulpix or don't use Lilligant as the sun inducer.

Here, I would suggest either changing the set to SubSeed or a support Serperior. Since you've already committed EVs, I'll show you the SubSeed set. Adjust as liked.

SubSeed

252 Sp. Atk / 244 Spd / 4 Sp. Def / 4 HP / 4 Def

- Substitute

- Leech Seed

- Dragon Tail

- Giga Drain / Energy Ball

I need opinions from people on whether my Hydreigon is good or not.

Idoun/Hydreigon, lv. 87

Relaxed nature (Very finicky)

Ability: Levitate

Item: Exp. Share

Attack: 238

Defense: 202

Sp. Atk: 252

Sp. Def: 177

Speed: 190

Moveset:

Crunch

Outrage

Dragon Pulse

Flamethrower

Opinions? If you have any suggestions on what I can do, I'd appreciate it.

Archived