Official Pokemon Black and White thread. (loads of new info with lots of spoilers)

Machoke

How many 5th gen pokemon do you think there is going to be?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. How many 5th gen pokemon do you think there is going to be?

• under 50
    • over 50
    • under 100
    • over 100
    • more than 150

I am sick and tired of the GTS. I used a AR Code (Booooooooo!) to unlock the Pokedex for all Pokemon to be visable in the GTS and some of these Trade Demands are just pathetic! I am on a desperate hunt for a Ditto at the moment and keep seeing (LV100 "Insert Legendary Pokemon here")

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sick and tired of the GTS. I used a AR Code (Booooooooo!) to unlock the Pokedex for all Pokemon to be visable in the GTS and some of these Trade Demands are just pathetic! I am on a desperate hunt for a Ditto at the moment and keep seeing (LV100 "Insert Legendary Pokemon here")

The GTS is gay. Just go to a Pokemon forum like Serebii and trade there. Not only can you trade for anything without cheating, but there's a much higher chance of the Poke being legit.

Btw, YCM'rs, what is your opinion on using Dream World pokemon that have not been officially released yet? Because I want to use a Lightningrod Zapdos and a Water Absorb Suicune, any thoughts on whether I should or shouldn't?

I assume you mean in Pokemon Online, as there is no way to actually get those Pokemon yet. If so, I don't see why not. You'll be put in the Dream World Tier though.

An ATK that just surpassed 300 is very low for an Escavalier, seeing as how it can go up to 405...

Next time perhaps you should try looking for Pokemon with better natures + EVs.

Where I live, my Escavalier is feared among my Pokemon friends. They laugh at its speed, but then they see its Attack and then they say that an attack that high is ridiculous. Oh well, I guess it depends on location.

What nature would you consider the best for an Escavalier?

Where I live, my Escavalier is feared among my Pokemon friends. They laugh at its speed, but then they see its Attack and then they say that an attack that high is ridiculous. Oh well, I guess it depends on location.

What nature would you consider the best for an Escavalier?

Sorry, force of habit - I sometimes forget that not everything is about competitive battling, so for in-game, your Escavalier is fine.

However, if you are looking to take it one step ahead, something along the lines of Adamant, Brave, or Sassy would be better.

Anyways, I hate how my Gen IV Rest Talk Milotic that I transferred over to Black (which now has the moveset of Scald, Dragon Tail, Rest, Sleep Talk) isn't able to compete in Random matchup, sinc in Gen V, Milotic with Sleep Talk is technically deemed "illegal" -_-

Hydreigon Lv. 64

Modest

27/26/31/31/16/31

Dragon Pulse

Dark Pulse

Surf

????

Move Idea? And I'm wondering if I should give up Dragon Pulse for Draco Meteor.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get a Hydreigon with Dark Pulse? The only way I've found so far is to migrate an Arbok with Dark Pulse from 4th Gen.

After much laboring, I have finally raised my Escavalier to lv. 100!

It's now my second lv. 100 Pokemon in my party, the first being Zekrom xD

Final stats:

HP: 295

Attack: 309

Defense: 270

Sp. Atk: 166

Sp. Def: 228

Speed: 98

Moveset: X-Scissor, Giga Impact, Iron Head, Poison Jab

He's not that all bad, imo. I know I could've gotten a better nature, but hey, he turned out great imo. My Pokemon friends fear him already, so I'm proud of how far he's gone. 86 levels is quite a lot xD

And now to get my lv. 97 Hydreigon up 3 more levels...

Congrats.

All my Pokemon are Level 75, so 25 Levels each to go. Nothing battling the Elite Four, Cheren, Bianca, and Morimoto can't fix.

Plan on training some more Ghost Pokemon after. Most likely going to migrate a Misdreavus and Female Snorunt to start off.

Don't forget Big Stadium and Small Court ;D

Don't forget Big Stadium and Small Court ;D

Hawt Damn almost forgot about that.

Anywho, what's a better tactic for Leveling up Pokemon? I normally just focus on one pokemon, and use that for all Big Stadium / Small Court Trainers. I was just wondering though if battling the 'actual' way, where you switch Pokemon to get the advantage is a better way / faster way of Leveling up your Pokemon. I found the tactic I do now much more faster, only because I haven't tried the second one that much.

Hawt Damn almost forgot about that.

Anywho, what's a better tactic for Leveling up Pokemon? I normally just focus on one pokemon, and use that for all Big Stadium / Small Court Trainers. I was just wondering though if battling the 'actual' way, where you switch Pokemon to get the advantage is a better way / faster way of Leveling up your Pokemon. I found the tactic I do now much more faster, only because I haven't tried the second one that much.

Usually what I do for leveling up is give a Pokemon an Exp. Share, and when their experience reaches a certain number (such as 17,000 or less), I switch them to the first position while they still have the Exp. Share and have them battle. It's pretty much a combination of both of your methods, since it means on focusing one Pokemon on a majority of trainers while they still can get the type advantage.

Flame Body

Hex

Will-o-wisp

Flamethrower

???

And you could try Lucky Egg + Audino

Shadow Ball? Seems kinda obvious.

Audino's can become a pain in the ass to find though D:

Usually what I do for leveling up is give a Pokemon an Exp. Share, and when their experience reaches a certain number (such as 17,000 or less), I switch them to the first position while they still have the Exp. Share and have them battle. It's pretty much a combination of both of your methods, since it means on focusing one Pokemon on a majority of trainers while they still can get the type advantage.

I'm somewhat for some reason, now iffy on Exp. Share. I will consider though.

I'm going to repost this question:

Flame Body or Flash Fire for Chandelure?

Flash Fire, no question. Flash Fire gives you an extra immunity tacked on to Normal and Fighting. Flame Body gives you, what, a 30% burn chance? On physical moves you may not even survive?

Archived