Official Pokemon Black and White thread. (loads of new info with lots of spoilers)

Machoke

How many 5th gen pokemon do you think there is going to be?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. How many 5th gen pokemon do you think there is going to be?

• under 50
    • over 50
    • under 100
    • over 100
    • more than 150

I need opinions from people on whether my Hydreigon is good or not.

Idoun/Hydreigon, lv. 87

Relaxed nature (Very finicky)

Ability: Levitate

Item: Exp. Share

Attack: 238

Defense: 202

Sp. Atk: 252

Sp. Def: 177

Speed: 190

Moveset:

Crunch

Outrage

Dragon Pulse

Flamethrower

Opinions? If you have any suggestions on what I can do, I'd appreciate it.

Well the nature is not the best for Hydreigon; Relaxed cuts Speed, which is crucial for Hydreigon...

It seems like what you're going for here is a mixed attacker, which isn't necessarily a "bad" idea, but it makes Hydreigon a bit more inconsistent than just sticking with its Special Attack...

It would've been better to breed a Deino that knew Dark Pulse, but since that's not the case, it doesn't seem like your moveset is off. Perhaps replace Outrage with Surf, since Surf:

a.) allows for more type coverage

b.) is a Special Attack, which corresponds to how Hydreigon is Special-Attack based

In addition, you already have a Dragon-Type Attack, so there's no need for two.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expected better from you, man. I thought you were smarter than I expected... D:

It's not just Chandelure - any Pokemon that gets Shadow Tag is going to become Uber...

Anyways, I just finished EV Training my Dream World Nidoqueen:

Modest Nature l Life Orb l 252 EVs SpAtk l 252 EVs Spd l 4 EVs SpD l Sheer Force

• Thunderbolt

• Ice Beam

• Flamethrower

• Sludge Wave

You won't be able to go to the Island of Dreams if you have more than 50 pictures on the Friend Board.

So you can only transfer 50 pokemon? Or does it mean, you cannot visit while there are 50 pokemon on the "Pokemon to Take" side of the board?

If it's the first, that's a real bummer. And I'm pretty sure it's the first too.

Help on an aggressive Cofagrigus? I have this as of now:

- Shadow Ball

- Ominous Wind

- Payback

- Confuse Ray

It actually looks fine to me imo.

Payback is good since Cofagrigus is relatively slow, allowing the damage to be doubled most of the time since it'll most likely be used after your opponent.

Confuse Ray sounds more of an annoyer move imo. I would change it to a stat boost move or an attack imo.

So I took Zextra's advice and taught my Idoun (Hydreigon) to use Surf.

Here's its updated info now:

Lv. 89

Relaxed nature (Very finicky)

Ability: Levitate

HP: 283

Attack: 243

Defense: 206

Sp. Atk: 257

Sp. Def: 181

Speed: 194

Moveset: Crunch, Surf, Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower

Any more suggestions/tips would be appreciated.

Also, I might breed a Deino soon, so what nature should I get? I'm planning on evolving one into a Hydreigon with better Speed without a major cut in some other stats.

Also, can I get any ideas on what I should do with my Escavalier move-wise or other (can't do much of other, since it's lv. 93...)?

Here's its info:

Seth/Escavalier

Lv. 93

Bold nature (Likes to thrash about)

Ability: Shell Armor

HP: 275

Attack: 288

Defense: 251

Sp. Atk: 154

Sp. Def: 212

Speed: 91

Moveset: X-Scissor, Giga Impact, Iron Head, Poison Jab

It's so darn slow >.>

why 2 ghost moves?

One for the One Stage Boost on all it's stats, one for just aggressiveness / STAB.

It actually looks fine to me imo.

Payback is good since Cofagrigus is relatively slow, allowing the damage to be doubled most of the time since it'll most likely be used after your opponent.

Confuse Ray sounds more of an annoyer move imo. I would change it to a stat boost move or an attack imo.

I want to give it a touch of annoyance due to it's (Special) Defensive Stats being able to take a couple blows. I was thinking this, Disable, Flash, or Calm Mind. After thinking about it though, I kinda want to change it to Shadow Ball, Ominous Wind, Payback, then perhaps Calm Mind or Flash though. Not entirely sure. Suggestion / Opinion?

Any more suggestions/tips would be appreciated.

Also, I might breed a Deino soon, so what nature should I get? I'm planning on evolving one into a Hydreigon with better Speed without a major cut in some other stats.

Also, can I get any ideas on what I should do with my Escavalier move-wise or other (can't do much of other, since it's lv. 93...)?

Here's its info:

Seth/Escavalier

Lv. 93

Bold nature (Likes to thrash about)

Ability: Shell Armor

HP: 275

Attack: 288

Defense: 251

Sp. Atk: 154

Sp. Def: 212

Speed: 91

Moveset: X-Scissor, Giga Impact, Iron Head, Poison Jab

I suggest something other then Giga Impact. Kinda risky. Maybe a stat boosting move like Swords Dance or Double Team?

The problem I have with stat boosting moves is that by the time I would be able to use a move with boosted power, it'll be either status inflicted, flinched, or fainted.

Are you talking about Cofagrigus or Escavlier still? If Escavlier, I see, if Cofagrigus, care to answer my last question about it's offensive Move Set?

Devastatingly true with Escavalier since it's horrendously slow and it has a 4x weakness to Fire (which is its only weakness, btw)

Shame it can't learn like, Water or Ground Moves.

Actually both.

Escavalier is built for attack and defense, and it suffers in speed. That's why I take advantage of the "now"; its attack is usually enough to take down most opponents in either 1 or 2 hits.

Cofagrigus is built for its defenses however, but you can use either one of Calm Mind or Flash to your advantage. Calm Mind if you want to increase the stats which it was built for, which would result in it possibly remaining after a tough hit, or Flash to cut the accuracy (Using Flash twice reduces accuracy to 50%).

It's a matter of preference for what you want to go for; do you want to raise its defensive stats or leave the opponent with poor accuracy?

(Flash seems more of annoyer move, tbqh)

Cofagrigus is built for its defenses however, but you can use either one of Calm Mind or Flash to your advantage. Calm Mind if you want to increase the stats which it was built for, which would result in it possibly remaining after a tough hit, or Flash to cut the accuracy (Using Flash twice reduces accuracy to 50%).

It's a matter of preference for what you want to go for; do you want to raise its defensive stats or leave the opponent with poor accuracy?

(Flash seems more of annoyer move, tbqh)

I probably will go for Calm Mind since it helps 3/4 of it's moves. Flash although will be pretty good, I can live without.

So I have a Haxorus I'm gonna train, but I want it to have a decent moveset before I give it some serious training.

Haxorus

Lv. 57

Bashful nature (Alert to sounds)

Ability: Rivalry

Item: None

HP: 166

Attack: 206

Defense: 132

Sp. Atk: 93

Sp. Def: 89

Speed: 146

Moveset: Dragon Tail, Slash, Shadow Claw, Dragon Claw

So, any suggestions?

So I have a Haxorus I'm gonna train, but I want it to have a decent moveset before I give it some serious training.

Haxorus

Lv. 57

Bashful nature (Alert to sounds)

Ability: Rivalry

Item: None

HP: 166

Attack: 206

Defense: 132

Sp. Atk: 93

Sp. Def: 89

Speed: 146

Moveset: Dragon Tail, Slash, Shadow Claw, Dragon Claw

So, any suggestions?

Mold Breaker would have been a much better ability to have, but oh well.

Replace Slash with Earthquake, and replace Dragon Tail/Shadow Claw with Brick Break or Rock Slide.

Mold Breaker would have been a much better ability to have, but oh well.

Replace Slash with Earthquake, and replace Dragon Tail/Shadow Claw with Brick Break or Rock Slide.

But Earthquake is a Special Attack. Haxorus is physically Attack based.

I may go for Brick Break to replace Dragon Tail, but then that'd mean that I'd lose the STAB.

But Earthquake is a Special Attack. Haxorus is physically Attack based.

I may go for Brick Break to replace Dragon Tail, but then that'd mean that I'd lose the STAB.

Earthquake is a physical attack. Who or what made you think it was a special attack? ._.

And your Haxorus still has Dragon Claw, so it still has a STAB move.

OMG OMG OMG GUESS WHAT!

I got a Kangaskhan on the Dream World YAY! xD

Wait... Am I srsly getting excited over a Kangaskhan? Wow I must be desperate xD

Too desperate.

My Escavalier's being stupid. He's lv. 97 right now, and his attack is 299 right now. It could've been 300...

Oh well, looks like I'll have to break the 300 mark at around 302 or 303 when it reaches lv. 98 xD

Speaking of the 300 mark, my Hydreigon's HP is about to go past 300 :D

Too desperate.

My Escavalier's being stupid. He's lv. 97 right now, and his attack is 299 right now. It could've been 300...

Oh well, looks like I'll have to break the 300 mark at around 302 or 303 when it reaches lv. 98 xD

I know xD. I also have a Hydreigon but damn. LV. 97! Mine is like Lv75.

Btw do you know when will the Victini that can learn V-Generate Event be released?

Too desperate.

An ATK that just surpassed 300 is very low for an Escavalier, seeing as how it can go up to 405...

Next time perhaps you should try looking for Pokemon with better natures + EVs.

On another note, my Milotic has pissed off several people on Random Matchup so far, prompting them to turn their games off (though they weren't really losing in the first place).

Milotic

Bold Nature

Leftovers

Marvel Scale

• Scald

• Ice Beam

• Recover

• Dragon Tail

On another note, my Milotic has pissed off several people on Random Matchup so far, prompting them to turn their games off (though they weren't really losing in the first place).

Milotic

Bold Nature

Leftovers

Marvel Scale

• Scald

• Ice Beam

• Recover

• Dragon Tail

Quite annoying indeed. I find a Misdreavus however with something like the following to be more annoying:

Mismagius

Timid

Levitate

Spell Tag / Quick Claw (?)

• Hex

• Thunder Wave

• Toxic

• Will-o-Wisp

It looks good on Paper, but I plan on actually trying it out sooner or later.

/rants

Stupid how some Pokemon like this can learn Dream Eater but not Hypnosis.

Quite annoying indeed. I find a Misdreavus however with something like the following to be more annoying:

Mismagius

Timid

Levitate

Spell Tag / Quick Claw (?)

• Hex

• Thunder Wave

• Toxic

• Will-o-Wisp

It looks good on Paper, but I plan on actually trying it out sooner or later.

/rants

Stupid how some Pokemon like this can learn Dream Eater but not Hypnosis.

It does looks extremely fun, doesn't it?

Unfortunately, the main issue with that set will undoubtedly be Mismagius' crippling Defense. Of course, it wouldn't be much of a problem if it's speedy enough with its 105 Base Speed to Will-o-Wisp the physical beasts.

Archived