Jappio's Sprites, Splices and Fakemon

Jappio

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is that Chimera you asked for before Bastiongirl. Sorry it wasn't in the other sheet. When I started that sheet, I made a manticore instead, forgetting you actually requested a chimera. Well here is my latest splices. After finishing up the 4 dragons, I thought I was done with the cliche. That is the funny thing about taking suggestions and requests, you never know what people will ask for.

Splice_Sheet_17_by_Jappio01.png

Well here are the latest splices. I have now though picked up the art of cosplay making. It's similar to splicing, but it's at the same time different. I didn't do phenomenal with the cosplays, but I'm happy with them, and soon I hope to enhance my skill with them. Of course I'm not taking request or suggestions for cosplayers yet, and I'm sure no one would want a request done for a skill that hasn't been enhanced better yet anyways.

Splice_Sheet_18_by_Jappio01.png

Well the reason for the delay on my latest splice sheet is do to this new project I'm working on. I have been making Fakemon. Someone was wondering if I had the capability of making them. Now I've never made a fakemon, but with all the splicing skills I have, and the spriting skills I have too, I decided to try it. I figured it would only work as nice practice. So this guy was making an RP, and needed first route Pokemon first, so here they are. Oh and we have not come up with any names for these, we are going to work on that soon probably, I'll be sure to share there names later.

The first three are basically the Pidgey type. The first one is a simple normal/flying, nothing special. The next two though are Elec/Fly types. We chose that since it would be nice to have a flying electric that isn't a legendary, also was a nice twist.

Next I did the rattatta of the route, this time round a normal type wolf. The twist with this though is it evolves into a ground/normal, so taking a similar twist like Bibarel.

The last one was the bug family of the game. We settled for not bothering with a metapod type thing in the middle. It start as a basic normal bug, but then evolves into a Fire/bug and then into another fire/bug (hehe, flamethrowers).

I'd have to say the one I'm least happy with is the larvae form. I am still happy with all of them though, and would love to hear what you think. I will be taking a quick break from fakemon so I can work on splices and cosplays again. I will go back to fakemon, but I of course won't be taking request one them, at least not any time soon, they are a lot of work.

Fakemon_Sheet_1_by_Jappio01.png

That would be cool and all, but I have too many things as it is. As far as Fakemon go, I don't know how much longer I'll keep making them, they take awhile. I might lose interest randomly. I also have splices and cosplays I'm working on, and just normal non Pokemon sprites. Maybe some day I might do such a club, but I'm happy the way I have things working now.

Here is the latest. To explain a few, I have a whole bunch of the third, that I didn't complete, but I liked the colors that I kept them. Two Mew+Shaymins since I didn't know which color I liked. The hydra is just a whole bunch of things thrown together to make it, I didn't feel like listing what. The soccer Kangaskhan was just something I felt like doing, and the baby Kangaskhan was a request from a friend.

Splice_Sheet_19_by_Jappio01.png

Another one, finally got done. Hope everyone likes them. There is a surprisingly high level of turtle related things in this one, which is cool since turtles are awesome, but this merely happened by coincidence. Also I just realized the top half is also coincidently has a lot of green too. Next batch I make will either have splices or fakemon, depending which I feel like doing more in, or which is more needed to be done.

Splice_Sheet_20_by_Jappio01.png

Ok, all added to front page, and as far as teaching I can't teach splicing, its something I was naturally able to do, and I have no teachable way of doing, I could demonstrate, but you aren't sitting next to me, so yeah... Also a 10 splice is a little much, I'm not quite doing that kind of thing, maybe one day, but for now 4 is enough. Also I don't give free requests, go to the shop in my sig to make a request.

Archived