Jappio's Sprites, Splices and Fakemon

Jappio

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well here are the newest ones. I should explain the bottom right. Well I was just thinking about how anything with Metaknight's mask can look awesome, well I figured it could do the same to Bellossom. So I made the pieces and thats the product. After making that though I realized by making a few more pieces and changes I could just make Metaknight himsels, so hence that one sprite I just recently posted.

Splice_Sheet_27_by_Jappio01.png

Well in the hopes to get better at shading, I did some revamps as was suggested to me. I think I did a good job. I used some Pokemon Gold sprites and made my own colors. I also left the colors used the right of them. Feel free to comment.

Revamps_by_Jappio01.png

Wow' date=' its weird posting this stuff in different places. I have three main places. Here, I get rediculous scores and praises. I get scores of like 1000000/10. On one other place, i get praises, a lot of positive. Real nice place, does critisize when apropriate. Then the other place. Sure I get fans, but I also get what I call art snobs. These art snobs complain that I'm not splicing, but instead fusing. Also complain that they look too copy and paste'ish. Now I don't really mind it too much, but they complain about silly things like that. Just felt like ranting, don't mind the things I said.

Now before I get to the stuff I'm about to show, I have to address requests. I'm going to have to suggest you all don't give me tripple requests. I'm cool with this many, I'm warning you though, I probably won't be getting to these all in my next sheet, it might be two sheets till I get to them. So next time, so you don't take away someone else's spot in the next sheet, post one request at a time, if though after posting one you don't see anyone else requesting, you can add more. Just if there is a lot of requests, maybe hold yours back, I can't promise I'll remember it, and then I'll forget.

daxinator, I am sorry, but I'll have to decline your offer. I am sort of getting sick of partner projects. I join clubs and shops, they eventually die or move to slow. I actually started these fakemon for someone else's region, problem is I couldn't make more until I got more info on the region. So I'm going to have to decline, I'm happy working by myself. Also good luck on the massive splice.

One last bit, OCG, you request a splice with 5 things, I don't do that many pokemon in one splice. Just a note to all, the splice will not turn out as well the more things that are in it. The more there are, the harder it gets to get it even and fitting. Also when suggesting things, remember if you choose a combination like Cleffa, Sharpedo, Nosepass, and Venusaur, that isn't just hard because of number, but also because the shapes and sizes of the pokemon used in them. If you request too different of things it will also not turn out as well. I will still do the splice, but I can't promise it will be good.

Well that was a lot of text, but don't expect this to be short. Here today I am presenting the Captace region. As mentioned before, these Fakemon I make were designed for someone elses region, so since he lost interest, I decided I'd start working on my own. I will now give some maps and descriptions of the region.

[img']http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs25/f/2008/089/d/9/Captace_Region_Map_by_Jappio01.png[/img]

Well anything in *'s are subject to change once I come up with more detailed ideas.

*Captace Region* is obviously a mountainess region. There is also a large river running through it. I have provided three maps. Two that are in the normal pokemon style. One is to a smaller more familiar size, the other has longer routes, both are pretty much the same. The third map shows features like forests and mountains better. The third also has the towns numbered, here is a description of each and some plot descriptions.

1. *Home Town* To the south is *Serenity Meadow*

2. *Town 2* Usual town where a parcel or whatever must be delivered. I might not do the delivery, but hey, it is classic so I might (I try not to be too stereo typical with everything, but some things I think are more so tradition).

3. *Town 3* First gym, a normal gym, you receive the Regular Badge upon victory.

4. *Peak Town* Home of the fifth gym, a wind gym, get Cyclone Badge. Various reasons as to why you can't do this gym yet. Also a planned town for a *Team Rocket* attack.

5. *Requiem Town* Home of the 2nd gym, a psychic gym, get Mind's Eye Badge. League route blocked by guy who needs to check for badges.

6. *Town 6* A nothing planned Town. The bike route to the south of it is only accessible by bike, so you must travel through the swamp.

7. *Swamp Town* 3rd Gym, poison gym, get Toxic Badge. Town sits on top of board walks, like the one town in R/S, but instead of over water, they are over a toxic swamp.

8. *Town 8* Bike is received here. Probably also a department store. Suppose to be the place to go when you come to this region.

9. *Town 9* 4th Gym, dragon gym, get *Draco Badge*. Originally a bridge/boat gets you across the river. Events though prevent you to get back, you obtain fly though and go back to to Town 4.

10. *Town 10* No real purpose as of now. Something prevents heading west (Future HM required or something).

11. *Town 11* 6th Gym Fire/Ice gym. Two leaders, double battle. Get the Burning Cold badge.

12. *Town 12* Another not really sure what I'm going to do with it town.

13. Crater Canyon. 7th Gym, Dark gym, get the Void Badge. Possibly legendary event goes down here or is explained.

14. *Town 14* Hard to reach secret town. 8th gym, Lightning gym, Bolt Badge. Sea connection, probably for S.S. activities. Also the town is surrounded in constant storms.

15. *Town 15* Not even sure if it will be town. Place where E4 is.

Planned things:

-Things like the breeding center and gambling hall could go anywhere Probably gambling hall goes in town 8, and breeder in town 6.

-Town 10 or 12 might get a "Pseudo Gym" Something like the fighting dojo in Blue/Red, special prize for winning.

-Extra Caves and Routes might exist and be added or not shown.

-A bridge exists between Town 5 and Town 6

-Routes will be given numbers. They are yet to be depicted, but more likely than not they will go 500, 501, 502, etc... It should be pretty much every piece of land between towns is one route.

Now another update I have is the additions of some new shinies, and Pokedex Entries for the Fakemon I've made so far. Here they are.

Fakemon_Starters_by_Jappio01.png

Fakemon_Sheet_1_by_Jappio01.png

The following is the Pokedex of my region. Some things are subject to change. This gives types, stats, and little Pokedex explanations for things I have stories on. For the stats, I usually don't tell about the earlier forms since they don't differ too much usually. I also go off of a "Good, Average, or Bad" scale. Also at the ends if anything special has to be mentioned it will be done in parentheses. (Please forgive my random capitulation and shortening of some terms like Special Attack, I get sort of inconsistent, but I'm sure it shouldn't be an issue.

Dex # - Pokemon Name: Basic Description. "Pokedex Explanation" (Extra info)

501 - Boty: Grass Starter. Pure grass. "This pokemon is covered in two large leaves. It's leaves act as a way to supply energy to itself through photosynthesis."

502 - Botablitz: Evolves from Boty at level 16. Is a grass/electric pokemon. Is good with physical Attack and Defense. Ok Special attack and defense. Has bad speed. "The leaves of Boty have grown up onto its back. This pokemon's Photosynthesis system is so strong that it converts all the excess energy to actually produce electricity. It discharges it out of its tail when can't hold anymore.

503 - Botamizer: Evolves from Botablitz at level 34. Is a grass/electric pokemon. Is good with physical Attack and Defense. Ok Special attack and defense. Has bad speed. "The leaves break out into smaller more razor sharp plates. It's tail also becomes a much stronger weapon. Botamizers aren't aggressive, but watch out, they will fight if threatened.

504 - Matwhisip: Fire/ghost starter. "This match is lit by vengeful and evil souls. At this stage though is merely a small flame. Although being a combination of evil souls, it can be a very friendly pokemon, but be sure to never get on its bad side."

505 - Torch'O: Evolves from Matwhisp at level 14. Strong special attack. Speed and Special defence are average. Bad physical defense and physical attack. "The flames gather and the match becomes too little of a place for the flames to sit. So they envelope a torch. The flames grow bigger and bigger."

506 - Flamewill: Evolves from Torch'O at level 36. Strong special attack. Speed and Special defense are average. Bad physical defense and physical attack. "Eventually all the flames and sorrow enveloped the torch. Now Flamewill wanders the world, a living body of vengeful flame."

507 - Hermunch: Water type starter. "This small creature resided in a boxing glove. Hermunch tend to be shy and not very outgoing.

508 - Merboxer: Evolves from Hermunch at level 18. Strong Physical attack. Average speed, physical defence, special attack. Bad special defense. "Merboxer takes a turn in attitude than it did in its previous form. They are very outgoing, and love to fight."

509 - Pummelid: Evolves from Merbox at level 32. Strong Physical attack. Average speed, physical defense, special attack. Bad special defense. "Watch out for its many fists. Pummelid is a powerful squid with more fists than you can keep up with. If that thing gets near, watch out for a vortex of punches."

510 - Muttle: A normal type. Think basic Rattata type pokemon. "This small dog is very common in the Captace region. It can be found out in fields and plains, but even in city alleys and forests. Even though it is a mut, it has a powerful sense of pride."

511 - Mutdirt: A normal/ground type. Evolves from Muttle at level 15. Has good physical attack and speed. Everything else is average or bad. "Mutdirts live in dirty areas and develope a dirt cloud to follow them at there feet. Mutdirt can turn a clean room to dirty in a matter of seconds."

512 - Larvo: A bug type. Only knows harden. "This small larvae isn't really ready for battle. Being curious though they wander from there colonies oftenly."

513 - Solentoid: Evolves from Larvo at level 10. Bug/Fire type. Good Special Attack. Average Physical attack and speed. Bad defenses. "This ant is very hostile. It will do all it will to defend its colony. Watch out, they can spew flames too."

514 - Solenflare: Evolves from Solentoid at level 22. Bug/Fire type. Good Special Attack. Average Physical attack and speed. Bad defenses. "These nasty bugs you should watch out. The most powerful of the colony, Solenflares shoot flames from the canon on their top arms. This species is especially good at defending against rival bug pokemon."

515 - Plategon: A steel type. "This Pokemon uses protective plates to defend itself. It's said that it can find many different types of plates." (This pokemon has a new poke effect. Basically it works like Arceus. Depending on the plate on it, it gains something like 10-50% resistance that is the same as the plate attached to it. This effect carries over to all its forms.)

516 - Platido: Evolves from Plategon at level 18. Good defenses. Average P. Attack. Bad Speed and S. Attack. "This Pokemon uses its strong plates on its arms as shields. Very little can penetrate them."

517 - Platurai: Evolves from Platido at Level 40. Good defenses. Average P. Attack. Bad Speed and S. Attack. "This Pokemon is said to be able to defend any attack. Clad in it's plate armor, it definitely is a hard foe to take down.

518 - Cherrius: Grass type. "Some call them the cousin of the Voltorb family. Cherrius explode when agitated. They grow in bunches in trees and bushes, making it hard for scientists to classify it well. (Explosion will be a definite attack it can learn.)

519 - Bloomboom: Grass type. Evolves from Cherrius at level 22. Good special attack. Average speed, physical defense, and physical attack. Bad Special defense. "This pokemon also has a short temper like its previous form. Watch out though, it doesn't just explode, it has been known to launch things it has stored up inside.

520 - Stalagmite (no name yet): Rock/Ground type. "Found in caves, this pokemon can be pretty tough. It tries most of the time to climb to the ceiling of caves, but being top heavy and having very little grip, it can't seem to get up there."

521 - Stalagmite (no name yet): Rock/Ground type. Evolves from Stalagmite at level 20. Good attack and speed. Average P. Defense. Bad S. attack and defense. "With legs and arms now, it is able to jump and climb. Sadly due to the fact it doesn't have fingers it can't really cling to the ceiling and is still doomed to fall, make sure it isn't on you though."

513 - Bird (no name yet): Flying/normal type. "A small bird. It's bright colors make it very noticeable and is actually a pretty easy to catch pokemon for beginners."

514 - Bird (no name yet): Evolves from 513 at level 16. Flying/electric type. Good S. and P. attacks. Average speed. Bad defenses. "Upon evolution, it become a whole new type of bird. The colors now let other animals know that this bird shouldn't be messed with. In the sky this Pokemon is avoided by other bird, due to the fact this pokemon can fight them off easily."

515 - Bird (no name yet): Evolves from 514 at level 34. Flying/electric type. Good S. and P. attacks. Average speed. Bad defenses. "Some have mistaken this bird as a legendary or god like being. Some have even said that it can make it thunder storm. Truly a bird of storms."

Loads of text, I know, but hey, you don't have to read it, just look at the pretty pictures.

I was wondering if you can make me a region map I'll give you 2 reps if you finish it take your time plz. its for my region "Rolia"

Sorry, I don't do anything but splices for requests. Also the offer of points and reps don't really mean anything to me, I find that virtual points don't mean much of anything and are pointless. Specially the ones here since I'm exclusive to like two topics on this entire site.

Well I decided to do the badges for my new region. In case no one read or remembers them:

Regular Badge: A normal gym.

Mind's Eye Badge: A psychic gym.

Toxic Badge: A poison gym.

Draco Badge: A dragon gym.

Cyclone Badge: A wind gym.

Burning Cold Badge: A fire/ice double battle gym.

Void Badge: A dark gym.

Smiting Badge: A lightning gym.

I know, most are sort of uncreative in name, but I like them.

Captace_Region_Badges_by_Jappio01.png

Nice badge names, but I have a few of my own. Yeah, some of them are kinda stupid, but I want your opinion on them

Normal- Normality Badge

Psychic- Mentality Badge

Poison- Venom Badge

Dragon- Fang Badge

Flying- Nimbus Badge

Fire/Ice Badge- ???(never got that far)

Dark- Dusk Badge

Electric- Megawatt Badge

Nice names, bastionsgirl, I would use some of yours, but I still prefer mine a little better. Ferrboy I don't know what you are exactly referring to. If you mean all I've made, that would be about 4 months since I started posting. If you mean a single splice sheet, than anywhere from 30-60 minutes. A single Fakemon can take from 20-50 min. The badges only took me about an hour I think.

Well I decided to just finish off all the requests I got. I just have to say I am not happy with Giratina + Arceus. I know I did a pretty junky job.

Splice_Sheet_28_by_Jappio01.png

Nice names' date=' bastionsgirl, I would use some of yours, but I still prefer mine a little better. Ferrboy I don't know what you are exactly referring to. If you mean all I've made, that would be about 4 months since I started posting. If you mean a single splice sheet, than anywhere from 30-60 minutes. A single Fakemon can take from 20-50 min. The badges only took me about an hour I think.

Well I decided to just finish off all the requests I got. I just have to say I am not happy with Giratina + Arceus. I know I did a pretty junky job.

[img']http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs30/f/2008/096/4/0/Splice_Sheet_28_by_Jappio01.png[/img]

Staraptor one wins.

The new ones look fantastic, as always. Oh, and if you wanna, you can use some of my names for the badges. Don't mind if you choose some of yours over mine. Like I said, they just popped in my head.

kay, back to requests

how 'bout...

Altaria+Cresselia

Pikachu+Totodile

Ludicolo+Aggron

Salamence+Wigglytuff

Blastoise+Stantler+Dusclops

Sorry' date=' I don't do anything but splices for requests. Also the offer of points and reps don't really mean anything to me, I find that virtual points don't mean much of anything and are pointless. Specially the ones here since I'm exclusive to like two topics on this entire site.

Well I decided to do the badges for my new region. In case no one read or remembers them:

Regular Badge: A normal gym.

Mind's Eye Badge: A psychic gym.

Toxic Badge: A poison gym.

Draco Badge: A dragon gym.

Cyclone Badge: A wind gym.

Burning Cold Badge: A fire/ice double battle gym.

Void Badge: A dark gym.

Smiting Badge: A lightning gym.

I know, most are sort of uncreative in name, but I like them.

[img']http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs25/f/2008/093/8/f/Captace_Region_Badges_by_Jappio01.png[/img]

Normal : Plain Badge

Psychic : Gravity Badge

Poison : Venom Badge

Dragon : Dragon's heart badge

Wind : Wildstorm Badge

Fire/Ice : Collapse Badge

Dark : Ethaerel Badge

Lightning : Monsoon Badge

Maybe these will work for you i like them i would not have the Collapse one coz that's just confusing and Ethaerel Badge maybe for ghost instead of dark but yeah how bout a Metal Gym. Good Night

Archived