the pokemon splicer club

michael91

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok rosuke your in.

elloto:i really like the splice but you could've gotten something better for the first one i mean all your doing to the seconed splice is add magmortar's arm

Daxtor:i like the splice but i think it would've turned out better if you had the seconed splice as the base.

and wexfordlad1:nice splice but i do think you could have gotten a better selection.

WINNER......Elloto

YOU WIN 2 reps and your pokemon splice in the great splicer spoiler

(sorry bout the prize i just randomly picked one)

Ok wexfordlad, I could offer you a few pointers about some things I noticed on your splices that might help if your interested.

Oh and michael91, its' done and in the shop, I'm not gonna lie, I could have done more, but I have made 50+ splices in the past week, so I'm kinda lazy at the moment:/

Ok wexfordlad' date=' I could offer you a few pointers about some things I noticed on your splices that might help if your interested.

Oh and michael91, its' done and in the shop, I'm not gonna lie, I could have done more, but I have made 50+ splices in the past week, so I'm kinda lazy at the moment:/

[/quote']

I would love some pointers, I want to get as good as I can

ok well the first thing I noticed, is you tried picking splices that were the same general shape (both are kinda round) and thats good. But the problem, is they are facing opposite directions, so one simple thing you could have done, is flip 1 of them so the 2 original splices were around the same general direction, which would have made a huge difference. Also I noticed, correct me if Im wrong, but all it seems like you did was take the body of splice 1 and add everything from the other to it and then recolored it. Now that isn't a bad thing, but I think it might have made it a little complicated looking mainly because of the fact they are facing opposite directions. But yeah there aren't many pointers to give on this because it is a splice of a splice. But if I saw just a regular splice, I might be able to help. Now all of this is stricktly opinion cause I'm not that good of a splicer either. Hope it helps.

ok well the first thing I noticed' date=' is you tried picking splices that were the same general shape (both are kinda round) and thats good. But the problem, is they are facing opposite directions, so one simple thing you could have done, is flip 1 of them so the 2 original splices were around the same general direction, which would have made a huge difference. Also I noticed, correct me if Im wrong, but all it seems like you did was take the body of splice 1 and add everything from the other to it and then recolored it. Now that isn't a bad thing, but I think it might have made it a little complicated looking mainly because of the fact they are facing opposite directions. But yeah there aren't many pointers to give on this because it is a splice of a splice. But if I saw just a regular splice, I might be able to help. Now all of this is stricktly opinion cause I'm not that good of a splicer either. Hope it helps.

[/quote']

Thanks it did help. =)

ok well the first thing I noticed' date=' is you tried picking splices that were the same general shape (both are kinda round) and thats good. But the problem, is they are facing opposite directions, so one simple thing you could have done, [b']is flip 1 of them so the 2 original splices were around the same general direction, which would have made a huge difference.[/b] Also I noticed, correct me if Im wrong, but all it seems like you did was take the body of splice 1 and add everything from the other to it and then recolored it. Now that isn't a bad thing, but I think it might have made it a little complicated looking mainly because of the fact they are facing opposite directions. But yeah there aren't many pointers to give on this because it is a splice of a splice. But if I saw just a regular splice, I might be able to help. Now all of this is stricktly opinion cause I'm not that good of a splicer either. Hope it helps.

This is horrid advice. Flipping something distorts the shading that it holds so the shading is from a different light source, therefore making the splice worse than before.

ok well the first thing I noticed' date=' is you tried picking splices that were the same general shape (both are kinda round) and thats good. But the problem, is they are facing opposite directions, so one simple thing you could have done, [b']is flip 1 of them so the 2 original splices were around the same general direction, which would have made a huge difference.[/b] Also I noticed, correct me if Im wrong, but all it seems like you did was take the body of splice 1 and add everything from the other to it and then recolored it. Now that isn't a bad thing, but I think it might have made it a little complicated looking mainly because of the fact they are facing opposite directions. But yeah there aren't many pointers to give on this because it is a splice of a splice. But if I saw just a regular splice, I might be able to help. Now all of this is stricktly opinion cause I'm not that good of a splicer either. Hope it helps.

This is horrid advice. Flipping something distorts the shading that it holds so the shading is from a different light source, therefore making the splice worse than before.

yeah but Im not getting into shading this second, I'm talking about how to make the pieces fit better, SHADING on the other hand, is something that you would have to go in and fix by yourself. As I said, it's not perfect advise, it's just something to make the pieces fit better. But thatnk you for saying I give horrible advise when I'm trying to help someone.:]

yeah but Im not getting into shading this second, I'm talking about how to make the pieces fit better, SHADING on the other hand, is something that you would have to go in and fix by yourself. As I said, it's not perfect advise, it's just something to make the pieces fit better. But thatnk you for saying I give horrible advise when I'm trying to help someone.:]

I only meant the bolded part >_>" Besides, I have to at least commemorate you on trying to help someone when they have asked, unlike 90% of YCM. I would of posted some advice if could, but I'm exceedingly rusty at splicing...

Archived