The Mushroom Kingdom

Clair

Ball meets ramp? *shot*

Anyways, I can probably provide the DKC selection. It really isn't work, since I love VGM sooo much. ^^

I'll explain it in a future post if I remember. I doubt any of you guys will be any help, but eh.

DKC is cool beans. I'll be looking through your Mother series stuff this weekend, along with a few other games I have.

DArk, pretty much EVERYWHERE except New Jersey gives them Permits at 14.5/15 and licences at 16, so it's ACTUALLY Fail for Jersey.

I don't live in New Jersey; I live in Massachusetts.

Also, you're right, I was unintentionally lying. I actually have my provisional license, which really isn't an actual license. I can't drive out-of-state, I can't drive past midnight and before six am, and I think those are the only limitations. I haven't drove in weeks, but then again, where would I drive? Don't have my own car, pretty much everything I care about is within a three mile radius (which is walking distance for me, I can go to a restaurant three miles away, eat, and be back in less than two hours), and I get lost easily. I like GPS stuffs. =)

I'll post my physics lab in a spoiler, I'll edit this post later.

[spoiler=Physics Lab]

The goal is to get a marble from a desk 12'' off the ground into a normal plastic cup taped upright to the floor.

You only have one sheet of 16'' x 8'' x 0.5'' plywood to work with, and scissors, cutting tools, sandpaper, et cetera.

The apparatus must be secured to the desk and/or to the floor. It cannot be moved during the testing period.

The cup is secured to the floor in one location. It cannot be moved during the testing period.

LIMITATIONS ON YOUR APPARATUS:

The marble may not be restricted in its area of travel. As such, funnels are not allowed.

No visible curves may be made on or inside of your apparatus. Anything that looks like a circle or curve will not be allowed. If you would like to make a polygon to alleviate this problem, make sure that your cuts are obvious enough to not look like a curve.

During testing, the marble may be dropped from any location you wish, but it must be dropped from the top of your apparatus.

EXTRA CREDIT:

You must drop the marble from ten different locations, each twice. As this will greatly decrease your experiment grade, this extra credit is worth 20 points.

GRADING:

You will get twenty drops of the marble. For each time it lands in the cup, you receive five points. For example, 17 rolls into the cup acheives 85 points for the experiment portion of the grade.

LAB:

I'll skip the basic procedures and analysis questions, I don't want to bore you.

RECORD THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:

Accuracy of non-experiment testing (50 tests minimum; write as a percentage):

Maximum speed achieved by the marble:

Average speed achieved by the marble:

Total distance traveled by the marble:

Average time for the marble to roll into the cup:

Total volume of the apparatus:

I'll write one analysis question just because it's so damn interesting.

7a.) Imagine that a circular hole (diameter 3 inches) was punched in a random place in your apparatus. Estimate the chance that this hole would interfere with the path of your marble. Write out all work and calculations.

7b.) What are some ways that you can minimize the chance explained in the previous question?

I don't believe I am forgetting anything...

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll explain it in a future post if I remember. I doubt any of you guys will be any help, but eh.

DKC is cool beans. I'll be looking through your Mother series stuff this weekend, along with a few other games I have.

Good plans are good.

Donkey Kong Country - Voices of the Temple

also consider...

Donkey Kong Country 2 - Forest Interlude

raregasm. <3

Already have Aquatic Ambience.

The Monkey Rap is kick-ass, but I never owned DK64 so I really can't appreciate it as much. THEY SAID HELL IN A NINTENDO GAME.

So now I have to look through your Mother/Mother3/Earthbound stuff, your Donkey Kong stuff, and Lily's BlazBlue stuff.

TOMORROW, THOUGH. PROCRASTINATION IS FUN.

Anyone wanna comment on my physics lab? It's cool and stuff. ._.

[spoiler=Physics Lab]

The goal is to get a marble from a desk 12'' off the ground into a normal plastic cup taped upright to the floor.

You only have one sheet of 16'' x 8'' x 0.5'' plywood to work with, and scissors, cutting tools, sandpaper, et cetera.

The apparatus must be secured to the desk and/or to the floor. It cannot be moved during the testing period.

The cup is secured to the floor in one location. It cannot be moved during the testing period.

LIMITATIONS ON YOUR APPARATUS:

The marble may not be restricted in its area of travel. As such, funnels are not allowed.

No visible curves may be made on or inside of your apparatus. Anything that looks like a circle or curve will not be allowed. If you would like to make a polygon to alleviate this problem, make sure that your cuts are obvious enough to not look like a curve.

During testing, the marble may be dropped from any location you wish, but it must be dropped from the top of your apparatus.

EXTRA CREDIT:

You must drop the marble from ten different locations, each twice. As this will greatly decrease your experiment grade, this extra credit is worth 20 points.

GRADING:

You will get twenty drops of the marble. For each time it lands in the cup, you receive five points. For example, 17 rolls into the cup acheives 85 points for the experiment portion of the grade.

LAB:

I'll skip the basic procedures and analysis questions, I don't want to bore you.

RECORD THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:

Accuracy of non-experiment testing (50 tests minimum; write as a percentage):

Maximum speed achieved by the marble:

Average speed achieved by the marble:

Total distance traveled by the marble:

Average time for the marble to roll into the cup:

Total volume of the apparatus:

I'll write one analysis question just because it's so damn interesting.

7a.) Imagine that a circular hole (diameter 3 inches) was punched in a random place in your apparatus. Estimate the chance that this hole would interfere with the path of your marble. Write out all work and calculations.

7b.) What are some ways that you can minimize the chance explained in the previous question?

I don't believe I am forgetting anything...

so i herd that you're probably in a more advanced physic class than me.

I hope I don't have to do that. D:

so i herd that you're probably in a more advanced physic class than me.

I hope I don't have to do that. D:

Yeah, AP Physics is a beyotch.

But the lab isn't that bad, the only hard part is coming up with an idea (which I have, but it may or may not work) and some of the analysis questions (namely number seven). Later in the year they get a lot tougher, so sadface.

Yeah, AP Physics is a beyotch.

But the lab isn't that bad, the only hard part is coming up with an idea (which I have, but it may or may not work) and some of the analysis questions (namely number seven). Later in the year they get a lot tougher, so sadface.

Huh. I'm only in Honors.

I hate writing up labs. ><

Irony. My team lost 7-8 today.

Stupid sister let them pass her. >_>

I'm not lolcompetitive, but that was a retarded dick move.

... You and your sister are on the same team? o:

For some reason, I feel like playing Wario World again, even thoug it is very easy.

Piledriver was <3

NO. LET'S DROWN HIM.

OR Thunder him.

NO HE IS A MIGHTYENA DARK-TYPE

CLOSE COMBAT, I SAY

*Pulls out a knife, wile wearing a Black Mage outfit*

For that, Loki must bleed!

/reference=+rep

Final Fantasy?

*shot*

Meh, Fusion's here, so why not?

Username: Dark Link 401

Favorite Mario Game: Mario Party 5

Favorite Mario Character: Boo

Why you want to join: Fusion's here, Mario games are pretty cool

Impress me with your Mario knowledge here: Mario is named Mario because of an actual person named Mario who worked there. He is called Mario Mario, Luigi is Luigi Mario, and all because of that guy >> Mario first appeared in a DK game.

It IS Final Fantasy ;D Just a knockoff fan comic that mocks all the people in it, slowly.

... Link? ;D

Meh, Fusion's here, so why not?

Username: Dark Link 401

Favorite Mario Game: Mario Party 5

Favorite Mario Character: Boo

Why you want to join: Fusion's here, Mario games are pretty cool

Impress me with your Mario knowledge here: Mario is named Mario because of an actual person named Mario who worked there. He is called Mario Mario, Luigi is Luigi Mario, and all because of that guy >> Mario first appeared in a DK game.

yarrr

you be accept0red

Mario Party 5 was when the Party series started going downhill, imo.

Archived