[AoS] Signature Archetype - Mysterious Magicians [40/40]

Anbu-of-Sand

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

really?

Yeah, I don't want to be posting a new card like everyday and have only 1 person see it. Just wish I should've done what Jay said in the first place, on posting a few cards little by little, which I actually did, but still ended up failing for some absurd reason. Just wish more different people would post >.> it's pretty much just you. The first 2 pages had a lot of different people (like, 4 xD) but now they stopped posting in here :(

It also pisses me off when there are a shiz load of people skimming through the threads, and yet they don't post in them. I mean seriously, this has 700+ views and only 50 comments, about 1/5 of them being mine. I was hoping for at least 100 comments by this many views...

post: your set is awesome........and i forgot to rep you for this, oh wait, i already did

Lol thank you.

ignore this post

Why? You mean for the every 5 post? If so, will do xD Mainly because I want 5 different people to post.

Also, +rep for you for sticking with this thread for quite awhile xP

I would give u a positive rep 4 making such a awsome set but I can't, I got 2 wait until 2morrow, rep'd 2 many people 2day.

Anyway ur set is flawless didn't spot much OCG error all ur monsters hav unique and inovative effects that r balanced and useful.

10/10

I would give u a positive rep 4 making such a awsome set but I can't, I got 2 wait until 2morrow, rep'd 2 many people 2day.

Anyway ur set is flawless didn't spot much OCG error all ur monsters hav unique and inovative effects that r balanced and useful.

10/10

Thank you for your CnC on my set :) It's really appreciated. Take note I'll still be adding a few more Spells and Traps, but this set will probably end when it reaches 40 cards. Also, I need 4 more people that either haven't posted in this thread before or haven't posted in this thread in quite some time to give some CnC before I add a new card.

Whoa. Yes.

Great cards, all with amazing effects and Counter Support. My fav is "Mysterious Magician of Queen Quickening"

But yes, you kinda cursed yourself with the "tl;dr" curse D:

Yeah I kinda did didn't I D: But thank you for the CnC on the archetype :) Note that there still a few Spell and Trap support to come. A new one will be coming as soon as 2 more new(-ish) people post.

Also hope that all of you who just recently found the thread / archetype will keep on giving CnC on it until it finally comes to an end.

Well, i've looked at this Set off and on, and it's too much for me to personally rate and critique each single card, so i'll give you just a total sum of my thoughts.

Spellcasters are my favorite type, and your Mysterious Magicians are prime examples of sweet Spellcasters. They all have appropriate pictures, and i've always been a fan of using alliteration in my card names (yours of which are also appropraite, i.e. good). The effects are long, yes, but the only real reason for that is the whole Spell Counter explanation in the beginning; and long effects don't hinder my ratings. And while i'm on the effects, they all seem balanced enough for my tastes, and they're efficient... especially with "Magical Citadel of Endymion", as well as their own Field Spell. Also, I don't think too much Spell/Trap support is necessary, seeing as there's already plenty to aid Spellcasters.

All in all, i'd run the Mysterious Magician archtype. They're solid. 10/10.

Well, i've looked at this Set off and on, and it's too much for me to personally rate and critique each single card, so i'll give you just a total sum of my thoughts.

Spellcasters are my favorite type, and your Mysterious Magicians are prime examples of sweet Spellcasters. They all have appropriate pictures, and i've always been a fan of using alliteration in my card names (yours of which are also appropraite, i.e. good). The effects are long, yes, but the only real reason for that is the whole Spell Counter explanation in the beginning; and long effects don't hinder my ratings. And while i'm on the effects, they all seem balanced enough for my tastes, and they're efficient... especially with "Magical Citadel of Endymion", as well as their own Field Spell. Also, I don't think too much Spell/Trap support is necessary, seeing as there's already plenty to aid Spellcasters.

All in all, i'd run the Mysterious Magician archtype. They're solid. 10/10.

Thank you for your CnC on the archetype as a whole. Hopefully you will stay with this archetype and keep on giving CnC on it until it finally comes to an end :)

And to be honest, I'm not going to give it too much support. Most likely 11 more cards being either Spells and / or Traps for the archetype and that'll be it. Yes 11 seems like a lot, but I want to end this with an even, somewhat whopping 40 cards. But technically, that all depends on images.

Also, only 1 more new-ish person needs to give some CnC before a new card! Another thing, what do you all think about me sending PM's to all of you each time a new card is made?

I've already did it once to I think 2 of you, but I just need some opinions. I'm probably am going to do this every time I post a new card to a few of you, but if you would not like me to PM you every time, you can just tell me, right here, right now. :)

"Confusing Staff Of Magicians" the pic is hilarious! The effect matches it's name which is great, and you made it balanced ex: only a "Mysterious Magician" with 2 spell counters can equip the card. Destroy this card if the Equipped monster has less than 2 Spell Counters on it.

Overall 9.4/10

"Frozen Emblem Of The Magicians"

I like this card tributing 3 "Mysterious Magicians" to negate the effects of all your opponent's monster's effect until your 3rd Standby Phase, and to make up for the tributed monsters, you can select 3 "mysterious magicians" from your graveyard and add it back to your deck also an added bonus effect of this card you can place 3 spell counters on 1 card on the field, nice!

Overall 9.8/10

frozen emblem

can be op or up, bad choice to play this if your opponent has high atk monsters out, and you might lose a considerable amount of counters when you tribute the 3 magicians. for the 3 free monsters effect, i guess its nice, you can get back some really important magicians that way, but drawing them might be a problem. and last but not least, you get 3 free counters. overall its a good card

I like your new spell card. It could be a little cheap. Continue making these cards cause they are awesome. 10/10 for this whole set. Continue my friend, and achieve your path of victory.

Yeah there are simple parts where the card can be cheap, but hopefully it got balanced out :) Thank you for the CnC and the motivation! And no worries with the double post, YCM can do that sometimes.

Hey Anbu, cool new Spell card. ^^

Thank you :)

"Confusing Staff Of Magicians" the pic is hilarious! The effect matches it's name which is great, and you made it balanced ex: only a "Mysterious Magician" with 2 spell counters can equip the card. Destroy this card if the Equipped monster has less than 2 Spell Counters on it.

Overall 9.4/10

The pic is hilarious xD But some people -cough- Galadrien -cough- thought it should've been changed xD I wonder why...

"Frozen Emblem Of The Magicians"

I like this card tributing 3 "Mysterious Magicians" to negate the effects of all your opponent's monster's effect until your 3rd Standby Phase, and to make up for the tributed monsters, you can select 3 "mysterious magicians" from your graveyard and add it back to your deck also an added bonus effect of this card you can place 3 spell counters on 1 card on the field, nice!

Overall 9.8/10

Yup, pisses of your opponent (like most of the cards in the archetype), recycles monsters, and puts Spell Counters on the field. And not just on 1 card, you can place the 3 Counters on any cards on the field.

frozen emblem

can be op or up, bad choice to play this if your opponent has high atk monsters out, and you might lose a considerable amount of counters when you tribute the 3 magicians. for the 3 free monsters effect, i guess its nice, you can get back some really important magicians that way, but drawing them might be a problem. and last but not least, you get 3 free counters. overall its a good card

True how it still puts use for your opponents monsters, but most of the time, monsters with decent stats also have great effects, which will be 1 thing your opponent want have for a certain amount of time. I also felt like the archetype needed another way to recycle cards, besides Mixed Manipulations, so I gave it a little PoA touch to it, along with another beneficial effect for any Spell Counters you could've lost when you Tribute these 3 monsters.

Thank you to all of you for giving your CnC on the archetype. Only 10 more cards to go and this will come to an end. I'm aiming for this thread to get at least 10 pages by the time I finish it, or 100 post. Whichever comes first. By the way, what's all of your opinions on the Spell / Trap ratio for the rest of the 10 remaining cards? I'm thinking 6 Spells and 4 Traps.

Confusion Staff of the Magicians:

First off, i'm tempted to tell you to make it equippable for all Spellcaster-Type monsters, since there are plenty other monsters out there who use Spell Counters. It doesn't have to necessarily be support specific to ONLY Mysterious Magicians. But anyways, the effect seems nice, and balances itself out, because if you want to remove Spell Counters from the equipped monster, you have to make the choice between keeping this Equip Card on, or activating the equipped monster's effect. It gives you the chance the not only protect your own monster, but to possibly have your opponent destroy one of their own. 9/10.

Frozen Emblem of the Magicians:

Unlike the Equip Card, this Spell Card seems fine as only Mysterious Magician support. It's just a nice card overall. My favorite feature is the distributing Spell Counters at the end. 9.5/10.

Confusion Staff of the Magicians:

First off, i'm tempted to tell you to make it equippable for all Spellcaster-Type monsters, since there are plenty other monsters out there who use Spell Counters. It doesn't have to necessarily be support specific to ONLY Mysterious Magicians. But anyways, the effect seems nice, and balances itself out, because if you want to remove Spell Counters from the equipped monster, you have to make the choice between keeping this Equip Card on, or activating the equipped monster's effect. It gives you the chance the not only protect your own monster, but to possibly have your opponent destroy one of their own. 9/10.

Yeah, I was thinking about that. But then again, most of the time, archetype support that can support other things as well, well don't. But yes, everything else you stated is correct.

Frozen Emblem of the Magicians:

Unlike the Equip Card, this Spell Card seems fine as only Mysterious Magician support. It's just a nice card overall. My favorite feature is the distributing Spell Counters at the end. 9.5/10.

Yup. I thought the Spell Counter distribution would make up for the cost of 3 Magicians.

Thank you for the CnC on the cards :)

OK lemme see. *I can't give numeric rate because I'm so bad at it*

BTW I cant rate everything coz I can't see the Stats of some cards...Page is not uploading correctly.

Zane Zilios:

OK Summoning condition is a little hard to accomplish this is ok...contrasted with the Stats...good start.

Supreme Spell Counter are interesting in concept but ever since regular spell counters can be counted as them as well...and the fact that this card can gain an enormous amount of Spell Counters back when entering the field...pretty much makes its Summoning costless...the balance of the card starts to decline to the overpwerness here.

Finally...athought all the 3 effect options are meant to hurt both players, the fact that you chose which effect activate at the time gives you the mayor decision on how the game will be lead from this. IMO this card need a little more balance. Go with Smaller but more consistent effects instead of pushing this to much. Overall...interesting concept but kinda overpowered.

Xand Xilas:

Another Seminomi...this one has Higher Stats that average for its Level. Thought Summoning Conditions may balance it...let's keep seeing what else we have. Pretty much we encounter Supreme Counter again...

First Effect can make a suicidal amount of 5000 Damage per player MAX...OUCH..

Second is more Oped...when used in Simochi Coz of 5000 Max of gaining for you and 5000 Damage to opponent.

Third can Leave opponent with barely 1000 Damage in a single turn..well both players..but

Is interesting but the effects once again are way to complicated to make this card usable...

When making cards IMO simplier is Better...

Armed Assasination:

Well more than OK stats for a Level 4. Effect..Well It can hold up to 3 Spell counters..Nice...Then..only 1 Spell counter to remove any of your opponent cards...that will later give him bad draws...mmmm i'm not sure here...Maybe taking the part that puts it on the top of the deck this card can be seemingly more balanced.

Card Control:

Another Spell counter Spellcaster. THis one has a combination of Card destruction + Card Drawing that in any good Spell Counter Deck will abuse So much of this card...actually I would run this instead of wasting card Space in 3 Breakers, 3 Say Rykos and 3 Magical Royal Library...since this card alone can do their Job way Better and it has 2200 DEF to stands pretty much on its own...A REAL THREAT...

Evil Effect:

This is actually really balanced and useful...since not many card targets this days I can see this being able to make it as a real card...pretty good.

Jank Jestering:

Odd ATK/DEF for the lulz

The effect however is more than interesting...locking your opponent's effect at least for a turn at the cost of not producing Spell Counters...NICE...Excelent card.

Urged Utlizations:

Its effect is similar to that of Crusader of Endymmion but backwards...its low ATK/DEF may be quite a backdraw....but the ATK busting seems more that OK for quick rampages to your Opponent's LP.

OK lemme see. *I can't give numeric rate because I'm so bad at it*

BTW I cant rate everything coz I can't see the Stats of some cards...Page is not uploading correctly.

Zane Zilios:

OK Summoning condition is a little hard to accomplish this is ok...contrasted with the Stats...good start.

Supreme Spell Counter are interesting in concept but ever since regular spell counters can be counted as them as well...and the fact that this card can gain an enormous amount of Spell Counters back when entering the field...pretty much makes its Summoning costless...the balance of the card starts to decline to the overpwerness here.

Finally...athought all the 3 effect options are meant to hurt both players, the fact that you chose which effect activate at the time gives you the mayor decision on how the game will be lead from this. IMO this card need a little more balance. Go with Smaller but more consistent effects instead of pushing this to much. Overall...interesting concept but kinda overpowered.

Xand Xilas:

Another Seminomi...this one has Higher Stats that average for its Level. Thought Summoning Conditions may balance it...let's keep seeing what else we have. Pretty much we encounter Supreme Counter again...

First Effect can make a suicidal amount of 5000 Damage per player MAX...OUCH..

Second is more Oped...when used in Simochi Coz of 5000 Max of gaining for you and 5000 Damage to opponent.

Third can Leave opponent with barely 1000 Damage in a single turn..well both players..but

Is interesting but the effects once again are way to complicated to make this card usable...

When making cards IMO simplier is Better...

To be honest, I really like your suggestions above these 2, but I think I'll keep these the way they are. I most likely think they would be Limited at the most, but maybe, just maybe, banned.

Armed Assasination:

Well more than OK stats for a Level 4. Effect..Well It can hold up to 3 Spell counters..Nice...Then..only 1 Spell counter to remove any of your opponent cards...that will later give him bad draws...mmmm i'm not sure here...Maybe taking the part that puts it on the top of the deck this card can be seemingly more balanced.

This card is most likely for beatdown and for stalling your opponent, making them draw cards they will most likely not need.

Card Control:

Another Spell counter Spellcaster. THis one has a combination of Card destruction + Card Drawing that in any good Spell Counter Deck will abuse So much of this card...actually I would run this instead of wasting card Space in 3 Breakers, 3 Say Rykos and 3 Magical Royal Library...since this card alone can do their Job way Better and it has 2200 DEF to stands pretty much on its own...A REAL THREAT...

Yup. Instead of wasting 9 card spaces, just run this and you'll have an extra 6 card spaces left over. Truly one of my favorites in the archetype.

Evil Effect:

This is actually really balanced and useful...since not many card targets this days I can see this being able to make it as a real card...pretty good.

Thank you :) It's suppose to protect the Magicians from simple things.

Jank Jestering:

Odd ATK/DEF for the lulz

The effect however is more than interesting...locking your opponent's effect at least for a turn at the cost of not producing Spell Counters...NICE...Excelent card.

Making all your opponents monsters vanillas for the turn is always nice.

Urged Utlizations:

Its effect is similar to that of Crusader of Endymmion but backwards...its low ATK/DEF may be quite a backdraw....but the ATK busting seems more that OK for quick rampages to your Opponent's LP.

The low stats IMO where the only way to balance it out, but the stat boosts it can give may be worth it.

Remind me to +rep you, used all my reps for today xP Thank you for the CnC on some of the cards :)

Archived