[AoS] Signature Archetype - Mysterious Magicians [40/40]

Anbu-of-Sand

Ok here we go three cards at a time

450356.jpg

Mysterious Magician of Pure Paper" + 1 or more non-Tuner Spellcaster-Type monsters

When this card is Summoned, place 2 Spell Counters on it. Once per turn, you can remove 2 Spell Counters from this card and declare 1 Card Type (Monster, Spell or Trap). Then, send cards from the top of your opponents Deck to the Graveyard until a card that has the same Card Type as the one you declared is sent. If "Levitating Citadel of the Magicians" is in play the turn you activate this effect, inflict 200 damage to your opponent for every card in their Graveyard. Your opponent then adds 2 cards from their Graveyard to their hand.

Wow this card rocks, the last part of the effect is really good maybe too good try( If "Levitating Citadel of the Magicians" is in play the turn you activate this effect, inflict 200 damage to your opponent for every card in their Graveyard of the same type. Your opponent then adds 2 cards from their Graveyard to their hand.) Maybe to make it a little less powerful cause as is this is the most powerful late game burn card ever.

450356m.jpg

"Mysterious Magician of Loved Levels" + 1 or more non-Tuner Spellcaster-Type monsters

When this card is Summoned, place 2 Spell Counters on it. Once per turn, you can remove 2 Spell Counters from this card and select 2 monsters your opponent controls. Decrease the Level of the selected monsters by 2. When this card destroys a monster by battle with a Level difference of 2 or more, gain Life Points equal to the Level of the destroyed monster x200. If "Levitating Citadel of the Magicians" is in play the turn you activate this effect, select 2 cards in your opponents hand and remove them from play. Your opponent then draws 2 cards and 1 additional card for every Spell Card removed from play by this effect.

Nice Card im not sure on the OCG of this part "When this card destroys a monster by battle with a Level difference of 2 or more, gain Life Points equal to the Level of the destroyed monster x200. " it maybe right but it seems worded wrong. The card effect is very effective and original i like these card ideas.

450356t.jpg

"Mysterious Magician of Winged Waves" + 1 or more non-Tuner Spellcaster-Type monsters

When this card is Summoned, place 2 Spell Counters on it. Once per turn, you can remove 2 Spell Counters from this card to return 2 cards your opponent controls to the bottom of their Deck. Your opponent then gains 1000 Life Points. If "Levitating Citadel of the Magicians" is in play the turn you activate this effect, draw 2 cards then select 2 other cards in your hand and remove them from play. If you cannot remove 2 other cards, take 2000 damage and end your turn.

Here we go this card is fair and very different never seen anything like this, i really like the last part of the effect because i like cards that add speed to my decks.

Overview: This seems to be a very well developed archetype the story (and yes a actually read it was rather good i think i saw one spelling error in it "concur Conquer" I see the uniformity of the cards and they fit the story very well look forward to reviewing more cards.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok here we go three cards at a time

450356.jpg

Mysterious Magician of Pure Paper" + 1 or more non-Tuner Spellcaster-Type monsters

When this card is Summoned, place 2 Spell Counters on it. Once per turn, you can remove 2 Spell Counters from this card and declare 1 Card Type (Monster, Spell or Trap). Then, send cards from the top of your opponents Deck to the Graveyard until a card that has the same Card Type as the one you declared is sent. If "Levitating Citadel of the Magicians" is in play the turn you activate this effect, inflict 200 damage to your opponent for every card in their Graveyard. Your opponent then adds 2 cards from their Graveyard to their hand.

Wow this card rocks, the last part of the effect is really good maybe too good try( If "Levitating Citadel of the Magicians" is in play the turn you activate this effect, inflict 200 damage to your opponent for every card in their Graveyard of the same type. Your opponent then adds 2 cards from their Graveyard to their hand.) Maybe to make it a little less powerful cause as is this is the most powerful late game burn card ever.

I actually like that much much better then the current burn effect. It adds a bit of unique-ness to it. Thank you for the suggestion.

450356m.jpg

"Mysterious Magician of Loved Levels" + 1 or more non-Tuner Spellcaster-Type monsters

When this card is Summoned, place 2 Spell Counters on it. Once per turn, you can remove 2 Spell Counters from this card and select 2 monsters your opponent controls. Decrease the Level of the selected monsters by 2. When this card destroys a monster by battle with a Level difference of 2 or more, gain Life Points equal to the Level of the destroyed monster x200. If "Levitating Citadel of the Magicians" is in play the turn you activate this effect, select 2 cards in your opponents hand and remove them from play. Your opponent then draws 2 cards and 1 additional card for every Spell Card removed from play by this effect.

Nice Card im not sure on the OCG of this part "When this card destroys a monster by battle with a Level difference of 2 or more, gain Life Points equal to the Level of the destroyed monster x200. " it maybe right but it seems worded wrong. The card effect is very effective and original i like these card ideas.

Why thank you. Cards with original effects always have odd OCG, which is why the name is stated Odd Offenses

450356t.jpg

"Mysterious Magician of Winged Waves" + 1 or more non-Tuner Spellcaster-Type monsters

When this card is Summoned, place 2 Spell Counters on it. Once per turn, you can remove 2 Spell Counters from this card to return 2 cards your opponent controls to the bottom of their Deck. Your opponent then gains 1000 Life Points. If "Levitating Citadel of the Magicians" is in play the turn you activate this effect, draw 2 cards then select 2 other cards in your hand and remove them from play. If you cannot remove 2 other cards, take 2000 damage and end your turn.

Here we go this card is fair and very different never seen anything like this, i really like the last part of the effect because i like cards that add speed to my decks.

The archetype felt like it needed more draw power. So thank you on your comment.

Overview: This seems to be a very well developed archetype the story (and yes a actually read it was rather good i think i saw one spelling error in it "concur Conquer" I see the uniformity of the cards and they fit the story very well look forward to reviewing more cards.

Why thank you once again :) Hardly anyone reads the stories and go straight for the cards

+Rep for you!

!!! These card are unrealistically realistic! There just perfect as far as I can see! :D

Why thank you :)

Sry, I'm sort of new^^ How do you add those "--Click hereto view--" things in topics? ^^

Simple.

[spoiler=Heading Here]Insert Stuff Here[/spoiler]

At the end, it should look like this.

[spoiler=Heading Here]Insert Stuff Here

190750.jpg

Lore:

"Mysterious Magician of Twin Telepathy" + 1 or more non-Tuner Spellcaster-Type monsters

When this card is Summoned, place 2 Spell Counters on it. Once per turn, you can remove 2 Spell Counters from this card to remove from play 2 monsters your opponent controls, OR to have this card attack twice during the same Battle Phase of this turn. If "Levitating Citadel of the Magicians" is in play the turn you activate this effect, select and reveal 2 cards in your opponents hand. Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent for each monster card revealed by this effect. If none of the revealed cards were monster cards, send 2 monsters in your hand to the Graveyard.

Yellow text: is this effect worthy of such a low level monster??

Red text: I dont think this is needed because the effect can only be used once anyway until it gets more counters on it

Lore:

"Mysterious Magician of Twin Telepathy" + 1 or more non-Tuner Spellcaster-Type monsters

When this card is Summoned, place 2 Spell Counters on it. Once per turn, you can remove 2 Spell Counters from this card to remove from play 2 monsters your opponent controls, OR to have this card attack twice during the same Battle Phase of this turn. If "Levitating Citadel of the Magicians" is in play the turn you activate this effect, select and reveal 2 cards in your opponents hand. Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent for each monster card revealed by this effect. If none of the revealed cards were monster cards, send 2 monsters in your hand to the Graveyard.

Yellow text: is this effect worthy of such a low level monster??

To be honest, I think the harder Synchro Monsters to get out, such as Level 5- and Level 9+ should have more powerful effects.

Red text: I dont think this is needed because the effect can only be used once anyway until it gets more counters on it

The card even though runs on Spell Counters (like the whole archetype), the archetype has many ways to regenerate Spell Counters. Even a decent chunk of the current Spell Counter-involving cards in the TCG can generate Spell Counters, such as the card Spell Power Grasp.

+Rep for you! Any chance your going to review the other cards? Or if that might be too much, just your opinion / review on the archetype as a whole would be just as good :)

idk dude that one stuck out cuz im brother used the same pic for one of his cards

Ah I see. Well, thanks for the opinion on the card anyways :) Any help on the archetype that is given to me is always appreciated.

2 new card will be added!! Just 1 more posts until the new page then 2 new cards!! Just in case you didn't read it the first time.

Thank you :) +Rep for you!! I will post the last card when the final 10th page is reached. Then I can (finally) start my next Archetype!!

For now, I'll just give you guys the name of the final last card, it's not the best name I can think of, but it's good enough for me :)

Banned Spell of the Magicians

What type of card is it going to be? Monster, Spell or Trap?

Ah, well if you haven't noticed, all the Monsters, Spells and Traps have some sort of name wording to tell what it is.

The Trap Cards name goes something like The Magicians....

The Spell Cards name goes something like ....of the Magicians

The Monster Cards name goes something like Mysterious Magician of....

But if you still can't tell, it's going to be a Spell Card.

190750k.jpg

Lore:

Tribute 1 "Mysterious Magician" monster you control. Remove from play all other monsters with a Level equal to or higher then the Tribute monster. Any monsters removed from play by this effect are returned during the End Phase of the turn this card was activated

this dosent make any sense cuz it doesn't say wat monsters to remove field? deck? graveyard?

My OCG is bad but

Tribute 1 "Mysterious Magician" monster you control. Remove from play all other monsters with a Level equal to or higher then the Tribute monster(removed from where). Any monsters removed from play by this effect are returned (where) during the End Phase of the turn this card was activated

Thank you for pointing this out. It's a rather simple, but really important manner. The other monsters get removed from play from the field, and they return back form the removed from play zone back onto the field at the end Phase the turn this card was activated. +Rep for you! Any opinions on the other Spell Card?

Heyho!

Alright then, let's see...

Tribute 1 "Mysterious Magician" monster you control. Increase the ATK of all other "Mysterious Magician" monsters you control by 200 for every Spell Counter on that was on the the monster. Level 4 or lower "Mysterious Magician" monsters you control can attack directly this turn. Any battle damage inflicted to your opponent this turn is halved.

Please correct that, it hurts my eyes :P

Sacrificial Tribute: Has some nice potential usage, and the picture matches perfectly. Can set up a lot of plays, should be balanced as far as I can say that, requires some tactic... pretty original actually, I like it... but it doesn't use Spell Counters :blink: Blasphem...ical Theory!

Power Upgrade: Wanted to use that image in my Fortune Lady Set because of the colors *Pleasegolookatitandleaveacomment* But again, it matches perfectly (I suppose you get your inspiration from the pics and not the other way round?), and can be your match winner if used correctly.

What I have to say though, since we're leaning towards the end of this Archetype (a pity if you ask me), is that I still wished you'd have concentrated a little more on a common theme other than Spell Counters... it's just too much all over the place. But oh well, they're not made to be used all in one deck anyway, so yeah, in the end, they're just fine :P

Heyho!

Alright then, let's see...

Please correct that, it hurts my eyes :P

I have no idea what had happened there. Will fix.

Sacrificial Tribute: Has some nice potential usage, and the picture matches perfectly. Can set up a lot of plays, should be balanced as far as I can say that, requires some tactic... pretty original actually, I like it... but it doesn't use Spell Counters :blink: Blasphem...ical Theory!

Even though it doesn't use Spell Counters, it does use Mysterious Magicians. Oh and just thought of some funny combo with this.

1. Use this card

2. Activate a Set Return from the Different Dimension

3. ????

4. Profit

Power Upgrade: Wanted to use that image in my Fortune Lady Set because of the colors *Pleasegolookatitandleaveacomment* But again, it matches perfectly (I suppose you get your inspiration from the pics and not the other way round?), and can be your match winner if used correctly.

I will find the time to give some reviews on your Set. Seeing I was quite a fan of Fortune Ladies as well. And yes, I do get my inspiration from the pictures rather than the other way around. Although sometimes it is the other way around. This wasn't suppose to be the match winner to be honest. The final card was suppose to be a close, and I mean close match winner.

What I have to say though, since we're leaning towards the end of this Archetype (a pity if you ask me), is that I still wished you'd have concentrated a little more on a common theme other than Spell Counters... it's just too much all over the place. But oh well, they're not made to be used all in one deck anyway, so yeah, in the end, they're just fine :P

I must agree that it is all over the place, but that was what I somewhat wanted this Archetype to be like. Although the monster effects are random, a decent amount of them can either Burn, Beatdown, Mill and a variety of types of Control (Whether it's Field or Hand). The main reason why I did this with the monsters is I wanted this archetype to be have many different Deck varieties and much more usable in Decks outside of the Archetype as well. And no worries of this Archetype coming to an end, I already have an idea for my next Archetype that will be posted ASAP, and as soon as this Archetype ends that is.

I'm out of comment juice, so i'll post a short review

Tribute:

pretty interesting card, allows you to set up plays/combos. no ocg errors that i can see 9/10

Power Upgrade:

allows you to easily deal up to 2000+ damage, could be used as a finishing move, bypasses stall cards like marshmallon or spirit reaper, and raises your monsters' atk to run over powerful monsters. 10/10 + rep

I'm out of comment juice, so i'll post a short review

Tribute:

pretty interesting card, allows you to set up plays/combos. no ocg errors that i can see 9/10

Why thank you.

Power Upgrade:

allows you to easily deal up to 2000+ damage, could be used as a finishing move, bypasses stall cards like marshmallon or spirit reaper, and raises your monsters' atk to run over powerful monsters. 10/10 + rep

Thank you again. This wasn't meant to be the win condition, the final card was, but now I'm feeling people are going to be disappointed seeing the final card after have seeing this card though D: +Rep to you as well.

9 more posts until the final page!!

Sacrificial Tribute of the Magicians

Name: Good

Pic: IDK why but i find it quite amusing :lol:

Effect: Very intresting....

Overall 9.5/10

Power Upgrade of the Magicians

Name: Okay

Pic: Pretty good

Effect: Mabey a bit OPed... but otherwise its fine

Overall 8.5/10

Sorry another short bland post =_= I dunno im loosing my touch when it comes to multiple cards :(

Sacrificial Tribute of the Magicians

Name: Good

Pic: IDK why but i find it quite amusing :lol:

Effect: Very intresting....

Overall 9.5/10

I also found the picture quite amusing, mainly because of the face of the person being the Tribute for the destruction.

Power Upgrade of the Magicians

Name: Okay

Pic: Pretty good

Effect: Mabey a bit OPed... but otherwise its fine

Overall 8.5/10

Overpowered? I though that as well, which is why I hoped the halving of the Battle Damage each monster would deal directly would hopefully balance the whole card out.

Sorry another short bland post =_= I dunno im loosing my touch when it comes to multiple cards :(

No worries. To be honest, I'm somewhat losing my touch as well.

+Rep for you!

Archived