[AoS] Signature Archetype - Mysterious Magicians [40/40]

Anbu-of-Sand

Anbu, to make a successful set, you make 1 card, and then slowly add 1 card at a time. People are more likely to comment on 1 card you made. In addition, starting out strong (having a lot of people comment on that one card) will give you an advantage. Nearly every person who has already commented on the first card will comment on the 2nd card, and more people will come to see whats all the commotion. Soon, you will have 5-10 members following the Set and commenting on each new card, making your thread a successful post. I usually make a Set then quit cause I'm too lazy to make more cards. I like sticking with 1 card. In addition, if you see any of my threads, I have never bumped once, but they all turn out successful. I'm truly a genius at that ^^

Not many members, not even the infamous Liam has that capability. Well, I'm going to sleep now. Later!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mysterious Magician of Book Bionics

rather hard to rate, its effect really depends on the situation of the duel, you would need at least 5 counters to break even, and probably at least 7 or 8 to make it somewhat beneficial. it has the potential to deal up to possibly 3k, but i can't really see that happening with the high reliance on spell counters. but you know more than me, so i'll just leave it at that ;).

Anbu, to make a successful set, you make 1 card, and then slowly add 1 card at a time. People are more likely to comment on 1 card you made. In addition, starting out strong (having a lot of people comment on that one card) will give you an advantage. Nearly every person who has already commented on the first card will comment on the 2nd card, and more people will come to see whats all the commotion. Soon, you will have 5-10 members following the Set and commenting on each new card, making your thread a successful post. I usually make a Set then quit cause I'm too lazy to make more cards. I like sticking with 1 card. In addition, if you see any of my threads, I have never bumped once, but they all turn out successful. I'm truly a genius at that ^^Not many members, not even the infamous Liam has that capability. Well, I'm going to sleep now. Later!

That was really helpful. I started this archetype (as you can see in the front post) posting a new topic for a card I would release for this archetype 1 by 1, then decided to make this thread after showing a preview about 3-5 cards, but next time I make an archetype I'll think about what you said. Thank you very much for that piece of info :) +Rep to you!

Mysterious Magician of Book Bionics rather hard to rate, its effect really depends on the situation of the duel, you would need at least 5 counters to break even, and probably at least 7 or 8 to make it somewhat beneficial. it has the potential to deal up to possibly 3k, but i can't really see that happening with the high reliance on spell counters. but you know more than me, so i'll just leave it at that ;).

Book Bionics is purely if you think you have enough counters to dish out a nice chunk of damage to your opponent, and it puts use to Spell Counters you can't use until your next turn. It's also great for stopping cards like Heavy Storm, Mystical Space Typhoon, and such. I pretty much wanted to make this nice and flexible during the duel. It also works a nice combo with Ill Illusions, with it's new updated effect and all. Maybe you can critique Ill Illusions new effect as well? :)

1st The pics are epic

2nd i must admit that i forgot about 10 effects..by reading more and more..and i really read through all those lores..

The whole system works quite well i'd say..but only if you have enough goodworking spell cards...that might cause that you cant use many trap cards..If your opponent is able to stop you from activating Spell Cards ..youre about to lose..i would add some monsters without the Spell Counter..maybe a different counter?..

This way I would not use this deck.. (well..im not a big spellcaster fan anyways xD)

3rd The OCG is flawless as far as i can see

Overall the Set is well done, the effects all are thoughtful,...useful, the story makes it even more interesting to read through the whole Set. Looking forward to new cards..

i give you a 9/10 (by now..i guess it will be more if you add more cards .. as good as these)

And i'll add this Set to Best Sets of YCM

_________________________-

I have a similair problem..my sets always get way to big..(my TEAR set has 47 cards - and nobody cares about the quality..since those are to many cards..and im not even finished ^^)

You should make more Spell and Traps. But so far, they look awesomely.

Thanks :) I'm almost done the monsters, like 3 to go, 1 being the boss. Spells and Traps are all relying on pictures I can find. I found pictures though for a decent 2-4 more Spells or Traps, I'm sure they'll be more Spells but Traps, I don't know, probably just 1-2 of them.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a very realistic archetype i must say. Amazing I cannot imagine how long it took you to do all of this. 10/10. Completely Wonderful. I hope Konami see's this. The effects are amazing. Gosh I think i gave you + 5-7 rep.... Please continue working on this set. I'll love to see more.

Supreme Magician

the first effect is cheap -.- if you only had like 1 card in your hand while your opponent had 5 then its well, cheap.

the other effects are well, i guess balanced, can really help or hurt you depending on your luck.

Magicianess

the first effect could be an insta-win if you just happened to have more lp and enough spell counters

second effect would be great if you just needed some extra lp to survive an extra turn or two

third effect is... lets see, if your opponent had 2000 lp/2, 1000 would make it easier to make it 0 in this turn.

both are great cards, and worthy of being called the bosses, then again i'm pretty sure i forgot something.....

This is a very realistic archetype i must say. Amazing I cannot imagine how long it took you to do all of this. 10/10. Completely Wonderful. I hope Konami see's this. The effects are amazing. Gosh I think i gave you + 5-7 rep.... Please continue working on this set. I'll love to see more.

Just counted, 4 reps to be exact. Funny thing is, you repped me 4 times, and none of those reps were given on the original post xD But thank you for all the reps and CnC on my set :) I'm done all the monsters for now, so all I have left are around 2-8 Spells and / or Traps.

Supreme Magician

the first effect is cheap -.- if you only had like 1 card in your hand while your opponent had 5 then its well, cheap.

That's what I intended it to be :3 As one of the main bosses, it was suppose to turn the game around in certain ways. But, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to activate that effect if my opponent couldn't remove a number of cards in my hand equal to the number of Supreme Spell Counters removed, and vice-versa.

the other effects are well, i guess balanced, can really help or hurt you depending on your luck.

Well that's good to hear.

Magicianess

the first effect could be an insta-win if you just happened to have more lp and enough spell counters

Exactly. Can dish out up to 5000 to each player, which also can easily give the user the win or turn the game around.

second effect would be great if you just needed some extra lp to survive an extra turn or two

Yup, purely for stall and whatnot.

third effect is... lets see, if your opponent had 2000 lp/2, 1000 would make it easier to make it 0 in this turn.

Yes. But remember, it halves both players Life Points, which can be a huge risk taker.

both are great cards, and worthy of being called the bosses, then again i'm pretty sure i forgot something.....

Why thank you and thank you. And now I'm wondering what did you forget xD

Replies to certain shiz are in bold.

my eyes went *boom*, then i died of blood loss......plz change the pic for confusing staff

But I can't find any better picture that would fit the name / effect D:

would probably keep this limited or semi-limited....

Really? I didn't even think it would get touched by the ban list. Okay, maybe Semi-Limited but Limited? Explain.

Archived