[AoS] Signature Archetype - Mysterious Magicians [40/40]

Anbu-of-Sand

NIce story. I only picked up spelling mistakes in that lol but guess were not here to have our stories fixed :)

Nice card all ups. i thought some looked a wee bit powerful (MMoAA& Citadel is the only one that comes to mind atm), but then again, with the other explanations of speed and their effects only been used 1 per turn then maybe they seem more balanced. Im not to up with how well or bad theyll compare to the TCG. just thought it might be all too easy to use the more powerful effects straight off seeing how all theyd need is a spell card played to get their spell counter to be able to use effect.

Fav Cards I like:

Synchro/Tuner:MMoHH&MMoPP. Works well together. Like the milling effect. Looks most capable of pulling of its Sychro. Synchro is just a Beast too with its effect damage, and you just had me at Hammerheads, and the name stuck.

Best Pic/Name: Best Pic is ZZtSMM. Name Suits. Pic looks ruthless and fittiing as one of the Stronger Monsters

Best Effect:MMoQQ handds down. Nothing competes with originality.

Best S/T: Think Citadels a tad OP so going with GBotM

Extra: Like the Name Alphabetical connection. Makes the card names more interesting and catchy.

If I was to rate out of 10. Ill give a solid 9.8/10

my 2 cents worth: Be cool (and prob OP'd/unneeded) to see some cards that could treat the other card types (Monster/Trap) as Spell Cards OR a card that untaps the max limit of Spell Counters/turn limit for say 1 turn.

OH AND RE_EDIT: 1st PAGE POST FTW... LETS SEE SOME TRAPS :D

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NIce story. I only picked up spelling mistakes in that lol but guess were not here to have our stories fixed :)

THERES SPELLING MISTAKES!?!?!? D:

Nice card all ups. i thought some looked a wee bit powerful (MMoAA& Citadel is the only one that comes to mind atm), but then again, with the other explanations of speed and their effects only been used 1 per turn then maybe they seem more balanced.

That key part is what I wanted them to be balanced. Having their effects only being activated once per turn are one of those big differences

Im not to up with how well or bad theyll compare to the TCG.

Spellcasters shall be top tier in the TCG. Especially these bad boys/girls right here.

just thought it might be all too easy to use the more powerful effects straight off seeing how all theyd need is a spell card played to get their spell counter to be able to use effect.

Yup.

Fav Cards I like:

Synchro/Tuner:MMoHH&MMoPP. Works well together. Like the milling effect. Looks most capable of pulling of its Sychro. Synchro is just a Beast too with its effect damage, and you just had me at Hammerheads, and the name stuck.

Milling is one of the many concepts you can make a Deck out of with this archetype.

Best Pic/Name: Best Pic is ZZtSMM. Name Suits. Pic looks ruthless and fittiing as one of the Stronger Monsters

Those are both good to hear. Espcially ZZ, seeing his picture is one of my favorites.

Best Effect:MMoQQ handds down. Nothing competes with originality.

True, true. EXPECT SUPER AWESOME MEGA GAWD BOSSES BLAAARGH!!!

Jk jk, but yeah, originality is win :)

Best S/T: Think Citadels a tad OP so going with GBotM

Kinda meant Citadel to become a tad OP'd to be honest. I'll most likely change it's effect on Monday, seeing I have no school that day.

Extra: Like the Name Alphabetical connection. Makes the card names more interesting and catchy.

One of the little Trivial things I wanted to give. You know, how most archetypes have 1 certain thing about them? Like Lightsworns have that sweet background, Gladiator Beast are are your average beast with armor, etc.

If I was to rate out of 10. Ill give a solid 9.8/10

Thank you for the great review and rate!

my 2 cents worth: Be cool (and prob OP'd/unneeded) to see some cards that could treat the other card types (Monster/Trap) as Spell Cards OR a card that untaps the max limit of Spell Counters/turn limit for say 1 turn.

One card does treat Trap Cards as Spell Cards. Mysterious Magician of Ill Illusions to be exact. That other effect seems interesting, I had the idea, but when I made the card, I ended up deleting it because it become OP'd.

OH AND RE_EDIT: 1st PAGE POST FTW... LETS SEE SOME TRAPS :D

HELL YEAH! Well, a Spell and a Trap to be exact. Will most likely add 2 new cards either tomorrow, Monday, or perhaps somewhere later on today if I can find the time to make them.

+REP FOR YOU!!! :D

The Magicians Inner Warrior

Activate when a "Mysterious Magician" monster you control is selected as an attack target. Change the target to a face-up "Mysterious Magician" Tuner Monster you control, and decrease the ATK of the attacking monster by 200 for every Spell Counter on the new face-up target.

the decrease ATK is not really useful, since all of your tuners can only have 1 spell counter on them, and the most it would do is stall your opponent for another turn, i feel that d prison, or even sak. armor is more useful. and why is it a counter trap??!! anyways 7.5/10

The Magicians Cloaking Shield

Epic win. Awesome card. you could use it to get rid of an annoying card at the cost of letting your opponent draw 1 card, or change the target to a card you don't need. 10/10

Cool new Traps, Anbu ^^

Thank you :)

The Magicians Inner Warrior

Activate when a "Mysterious Magician" monster you control is selected as an attack target. Change the target to a face-up "Mysterious Magician" Tuner Monster you control, and decrease the ATK of the attacking monster by 200 for every Spell Counter on the new face-up target.

the decrease ATK is not really useful, since all of your tuners can only have 1 spell counter on them, and the most it would do is stall your opponent for another turn, i feel that d prison, or even sak. armor is more useful. and why is it a counter trap??!! anyways 7.5/10

I really just thought it'd be lulzy for it to be a counter trap xD So you think I should just remove the Tuner part?

The Magicians Cloaking Shield

Epic win. Awesome card. you could use it to get rid of an annoying card at the cost of letting your opponent draw 1 card, or change the target to a card you don't need. 10/10[/color]

Yup. That was the main idea :)

Wow... They have long effects...

I basically understand they use Spell Counters and they're field spell to get more abillities...

Pros:

Good Images,

Varied Effects,

Support Effects,

Original,

Alliterative Names!

Lots of Cards!

Cons:

Long effects, make my brain hurt...

Too Good :P

Wow... They have long effects...

I basically understand they use Spell Counters and they're field spell to get more abillities...

Pros:

Good Images,

Varied Effects,

Support Effects,

Original,

Alliterative Names!

Lots of Cards!

Cons:

Long effects, make my brain hurt...

Too Good :P

To be honest, the one main reason for the long effects is the main sentence. "Each time a Spell Card is activated, place _ Spell Counter(s) on this card" or something like that. That one sentence takes a big chunk on the card's text. But otherwise, thanks for the CnC. +Rep for you!

To be honest, the one main reason for the long effects is the main sentence. "Each time a Spell Card is activated, place _ Spell Counter(s) on this card" or something like that. That one sentence takes a big chunk on the card's text. But otherwise, thanks for the CnC. +Rep for you!

I have nothing against the long effects they just make the cards a lot longer to read!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not one for reading through all the cards of a set, for I am too lazy, but I read some of the majors (like Synchros, Tuners, Spells and Traps), and I really like the concept of this set. I personally like Warriors, but my younger brother is a fan of Spellcasters of the DARK Attribute. I have a certain liking for Counters. They make the game more... "interesting" for me. Well done, and excellent effort. I don't normally give out reps, but since you asked so politely, I'll give you one (and also of course because this set deserves one).

That is some extensive work right there, man. Haven't gone through the whole set yet, but if everything is like what I've seen this is a definite 10/10. Konami needs to pick this up.

Why thank you for the kind compliment :) +Rep for you!

I'm not one for reading through all the cards of a set, for I am too lazy, but I read some of the majors (like Synchros, Tuners, Spells and Traps), and I really like the concept of this set.

That's good to hear.

I personally like Warriors, but my younger brother is a fan of Spellcasters of the DARK Attribute.

Why so am I!

I have a certain liking for Counters. They make the game more... "interesting" for me.

Same. I've always been fond of Decks that use Counters. Especially Spell Counter based Decks.

Well done, and excellent effort. I don't normally give out reps, but since you asked so politely, I'll give you one (and also of course because this set deserves one).

And since you gave me some great CnC, here's one for you as well :)

3 More Post than Page 7 will occur! And that also means 2 new cards! Most likely 2 Trap Cards to be exact. The final 5 cards will all be of the Spell Card.

great set 9/10 but one card is a picture of a character off of super paper mario

Thank you. And yes I know one character is from Paper Mario. I honestly didn't know it was until someone later on had pointed it out. +Rep for you! And...

WOOT!!!! JUST ONE MORE POST!

I will most likely post the cards tomorrow though xP I might as well start making them now.

Great Traps, Anbu. And cool support. ^^

Why thank you.

Btw, "tokens" should be Tokens in your "Mysterious Magician's Hidden Reinforcements" Trap. Just saying if you wanna correct it. "Mysterious Magician's Jack in the Box" is great too. It suprizes your opponent so they'll never know what move to make to counter it. :)

Ah thanks for the OCG fix. I wanted Jack in the Box's effect to be as close to what a Jack in a Box do, surprise you and well, bounce xD

Your Rep will be given as soon as I finish giving out the Reps from my contest.

New Traps are cool. Awesome pics, and versatile, helpful effects. Not too OP, or UP. I could see Magician's Jack in the Box in many Spellcaster Decks, since it's so... "surprising". I really like this set. Magicians are really something aren't they?

Why yes they are. I have loved Spellcasters since they had came out, and DARK has been my number one favorite archetype, which inspired me to make this Archetype. Your rep will be given ASAP.

Archived