Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters: NagareBoshi [PG-13]: Chapters 42 + 43 added!

BlackSkullCortez

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
As you should.
I think there was one part you meant to italicize, but you bolded it instead >.>
Guess this was a chapter focusing a lot on Kai and Zugai, good one.
Though the knights were bigger push-overs than I thought..
Do the magical snowflakes mean anything next chapter, or are they restricting the kids somehow?

• 2 weeks later...
It finally appeared.

"CONTENT_TOO_LONG" >.>

I'll just post everything here from now on. >.>

Triple update, for whoever read it, btw.
And thus begins a break, in which I will make bios for everybody because my #1 customer has been nagging me about them.

[spoiler=Chapter 22]
Chapter 22: Void of Emotions

Shura warped again, back to her original location behind her monsters. Zugai, intimidated and scared for his life, said, “I set 1 card and re-Set Stealth Bird with its effect. Your move.”

Shura said, “My turn. I activate Spatial Distortion. This will destroy every card in the same Zone Column as this one. That will destroy Stealth Bird and your Set Card.” A black hole appeared on Zugai’s field, consuming his two Set cards. Shura continued, “Next, I Summon Spatial Infiltrator in Attack Mode. (1000/200)”

Zugai sighed, “Godammit. Two of them?” Before he knew it, the two monsters vanished, two blades stabbed him in the back. Although he did not physically bleed, he could feel his soul and energy flowing out of his body. (Zugai 7000→5000) He fell to the ground again, but managed to slowly stand up, with his legs shaking in fatigue.

Shura said, “Your move.”

Zugai gasped, “I activate the effect of the Neutralization Ray from my Graveyard. By discarding 1 card and removing Neutralization Ray from play, it negates the effects of all monsters you control. I discard Petit Dragon. Now, I switch Lava Dragon to defense mode. And by Tributing it, I can Special Summon Level 3 or lower 2 Dragon-Type monsters: one from my hand and one from my Graveyard. I Special Summon Level 2 Petit Dragon and my Level 3 Astral Dragon!” Lava Dragon cracked open and shattered, hatching both Petit Dragon and Astral Dragon. (600/700) (1300/800)

Shura did not change her expression.

Zugai continued, “I Tune my Level 3 Astral Dragon to my Level 2 Petit Dragon! Synchro Summon: Ally of Justice, Catastor! (2200/1200) Next, I activate the effect of the Astral Dragon in my Graveyard. If I control only 1 monster, then I can remove from play Astral Dragon to allow that monster to attack all monsters you control. Catastor, obliterate everything!” Catastor released a storm of lightning, which burned grass, pavement, and even shattered glass in the surrounding. The storm disintegrated both Spatial Infiltrators, and two bolts of lightning struck Shura in her feet. (Shura 8000→5600)

Zugai smiled, “Your move.”

Shura drew her card, and began, “I Summon Temporal Jester in Attack Mode. (1500/700)”

Zugai asked, “Temporal? Great, another new archetype.”

Shura continued, “I activate Temporal Jester’s effect. Once per turn, I can select 1 Phase and skip it to draw 1 card. I select the Battle Phase.” Shura drew and said, “I activate the Field Spell: Dimension Eins.” Hundreds of parallel blue lines stretched across the ground where Zugai and Shura were Dueling. The scenery and everything they stood on turned black. They were left in a grid that represented the x-axis on a coordinate grid.

Shura continued, “While this card is on the field, if my Battle Phase is skipped, I can inflict damage to my opponent equal to my monster’s ATK during.”

Zugai sighed, “F*ck.” A knife cut through the line that was below Zugai, making his soul seep out between his eyes. (Zugai 5000→3500)

Shura proceeded, “Next, I activate the Continuous Spell: Dimension Zwei.” More blue lines emerged from the original lines, forming a y-axis to their fields. “I set 1 card and end my turn.”

Zugai started, “My turn. I activate Soul Exchange. This will allow me to use 1 monster you control for a Tribute Summon. I Tribute Catastor and Spatial Jester to Tribute Summon Red-Eyes!” Both monsters transformed into rainbow bubbles and fused to make one giant glowing sphere. It burst open, and colors spread across the black void, revealing a distorted version of New York City. Red-Eyes was the only normal thing to Zugai besides himself. (2400/2000)

Zugai yelled, “What is this trick, Shura!?”

Shura replied, “By summoning your monster, you have shown us this dimension.” Shura was standing sideways on an upside-down and twisted Empire State Building. “We’re in the Second Dimension. Nobody else can see this Duel. Nobody will hear your screams of agony.”

§

Oujo and Kai still stood face-to-face on the top of the Empire State Building. Oujo said, “My turn. I activate the Field Spell: Barrier of Reflecting Ice!” An extremely thick mist covered everything in a 5-mile radius from the Empire State Building. Kai tried to peer through the mist to find Oujo, but there was almost no visibility within the mist. Kai yelled, “What is this, Oujo!?”

Oujo answered through the mist, “You’ll find out soon enough.” The mist vanished, and Kai almost vomited in confusion. He was in a cave of what seemed to be mirrors, and hundreds of them were facing Kai. Oujo called from behind him, “Disoriented from a simple thing like this? Pathetic.”

Kai turned around to see a flat mirror. However, instead of his reflections, he only saw a flat screen with Oujo in it. Oujo continued, “I Summon Blizzed, Defender of the Ice Barrier, set 2 cards and end my turn.” (300/500)

Kai smiled, “My turn. I Summon Neo Elemental Hero Inferno Sword. (1200/800)” When Kai Summoned his monster, he saw nothing. He looked behind him and saw the parts scattered across the mirrors. When he looked back, he saw an identical copy on Oujo’s field. Kai yelled, “Why do you have my monster?”

Oujo answered, “It isn’t. It’s the reflected image of your monster.”

Kai continued, “Inferno Sword, attack Blizzed!” Inferno Sword charged at the mirror and cut into it. Kai did not see anything happen, but he suspected that it would be different to Oujo.

Oujo countered, “Since Blizzed was destroyed, I can draw 1 card.”

Kai finished, “I end my turn.”

Oujo sighed, “Enough of the farce.” The mirrors suddenly changed shape, and the field became more normal, but instead they stood on what seemed to be a giant mirror. “Draw. I activate Medallion of the Ice Barrier. This allows me to add 1 Ice Barrier monster from my Deck to my hand. Next, I activate Magic Triangle of the Ice Barrier. By revealing 3 Ice Barrier Monsters, I can destroy a monster you control and Special Summon and Ice Barrier monster from my hand. I reveal Dewdark, Cryomancer, and Dai-sojo fo the Ice Barrier to destroy Inferno Sword.”

Dewdark, Cryomancer, and Dai-Sojo surrounded Inferno Sword. A triangular shape connected the three monsters. A whirlwind of snow and ice surrounded the three monsters. When it calmed, Inferno Sword became covered with ice and shattered against the floor. Kai muttered, “Dammit.”

Oujo continued, “Next, I Special Summon Cryomancer of the Ice Barrier. (1300/0) Also, I Normal Summon Dewdark of the Ice Barrier. (1200/800) Along with that, I activate Half Soul. By reducing the Level of a monster I control to half the Level of all monsters I control, I can Normal Summon it. I Summon Dai-sojo of the Ice Barrier in Defense Mode, and it becomes a Level 2 monster. (1600/2200) Dewdark and Cryomancer, attack him directly.” Cryomancer and Dewdark dashed past Kai, but managed to cut through his body. Kai began to shiver and almost collapsed. (Kai 8000→5500)

Kai began to ask, “What…”

Oujo explained, “The average temperature of a human body is 98.6 degrees. If your Life decreases, so does that temperature. When you lose, the blood in your veins freeze.”

Kai sighed, “Great.”

Oujo also explained proudly, “While I control another Ice Barrier monster, monsters Level 4 and higher cannot declare an attack. Also, Dewdark can attack you directly if I control only Level 2 and lower monsters. And Ice Barrier monsters cannot be destroyed by card effects while I control Dai-sojo.”

Kai sighed again, “Lame. I’m getting frozen to death by Level 2 monsters. Lame.”

Oujo finished, “I end my turn.”

Kai said, “My turn. I activate Monster Reborn to bring back Inferno Sword. Next, by sending Inferno Sword, Thunder Breaker, and Necro Archer to the Graveyard, I can Fusion Summon Storm Phantom! (3300/2300) Next, I activate De-Fusion.” Storm Phantom broke into three different rays of light, and they transformed into Inferno Sword, Thunder Breaker, (1600/1400), and Necro Archer. (1400/1600)

Oujo commented, “Interesting way of matching my formation.”

Kai continued, “Next, I activate Inferno Sword’s effect. It gains 200 ATK for every other Neo Elemental Hero I control.” Flames poured out of Thunder Breaker and Necro Archer and surrounded Inferno Sword. (1200→1600/800) “Also, you take 200 damage for each Neo Elemental Hero I control. I have 3, so you take 600 damage.” The flames launched again, except out of Inferno Sword’s hand, passed through Oujo’s barricade of monsters, and burned Oujo. (Oujo 8000→7400) “Next, I send my 3 monsters to the Graveyard to Summon Storm Phantom. When its Summoned, I can remove from play 1 monster in my Graveyard to inflict 700 damage to your Life Points. I remove from play Thunder Breaker. Also, I activate the Quick-Play Spell Card: Reverse Exile. This allows me to remove from play a monster you control to double the damage. I remove from play-”

Oujo interrupted, “I activate the Quick-Play Spell Card: Mirror of the Ice Barrier. When a monster I control is removed from play, I can remove from play 2 cards you control. Also, I activate Dimension Return. This negates Damage, and allows me to Special Summon a removed from play monster. No matter what you could have done, it won’t work on this formation.” A mirror appeared in front of Oujo’s field, and Storm Phantom vanished into the mirror.

Kai growled, “Come on! I end my turn.”

Oujo continued, “My turn. I Tribute Dewdark to Summon General Raiho of the Ice Barrier. (2100/2300) Now, my two monsters will attack you directly.” Raiho and Dewdark both dashed at Kai and attacked his flanks, and he fell to the ground in cold. (Kai 5500→2200)

Oujo sighed, “I end my turn. Is that all you can actually do?”

Kai sighed, “My turn. I activate the Spell Card: Hero Retire. This will allow me to send 2 Neo Elemental Hero monster in my Extra Deck to the Graveyard to draw 3 cards. Next, I remove from play the two Fusion Monsters in my Graveyard to Special Summon Neo Elemental Hero Constellation Striker! (2600/2500)”

Oujo admitted, “Impressive monster.”

Kai smiled, “That’s not all. It gains 300 ATK for each Neo Elemental Hero in my Graveyard. There are 2, so it gains 600 ATK! (2600→3200/2500)”

Oujo scolded, “Fool. Cryomacner’s effect is still valid.”

Kai continued, “With Hero Retire’s effect, the attacks of my monsters cannot be negated, and all monsters I control can declare an attack. Constellation Striker, attack Raiho!” Constellation Striker charged at Raiho, surrounded by flame. He passed directly through Raiho, who exploded a few seconds later. (Oujo 8000→4800)

Oujo interrogated, “What trick is this!?”

Kai smiled, “When Constellation Striker destroys a monster by battle, it inflicts damage to the opponent equal to its ATK. I end my turn.”

Oujo growled, “Mutiny. You dare rebel against a king? Draw! I Summon Secret Guards of the Ice Barrier! (200/1600) Next, I Tune my 3 monsters together to Synchro Summon Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier!” The entire field began freezing on the floor, and a blue tiger leapt onto Oujo’s side, breaking the mirror on the ground and scattering shards of ice. (2000/1400)

Oujo continued, “Next, I set 3 cards. With Dewloren’s effect, I can return all cards I control to my hand to increase its ATK by the number of returned cards x 500. I return all 4 cards I control, and it gains 2000 ATK!” Dewloren roared, and the mirror began shattering. The entire field cleared, and they returned to on top of the Empire State Building in the mist. Dewloren was glowing with a strange blue aura. (2000→4000/1400)

Kai muttered, “You’re kidding me.”

Oujo proceeded, “Dewloren, attack Constellation Striker!” Dewloren leapt at Constellation Striker and bit into its throat. Blood pored down from its neck, and the blood soon froze. Constellation Striker was covered with ice and fell from the Empire State Building. (Kai 2200→1400) “I end my turn.”

Kai shivered, “s***. How am I going to beat this guy? I only got one attack in, and he just started going all out. Draw.” Kai looked at the card he drew in awe. He never remembered seeing this card before, but it was obvious what it was. Star Card. He quickly glanced over its effect and smiled, “Oujo, you’ll soon see how awesome I am.”

§

Zugai continued, “Sorry to disappoint you, but I like to avoid screaming. I set 1 card and end my turn.”

Shura began, “My turn. I activate Temporal Jester’s effect.”

Zugai smiled, “Draw all you want, but I’m taking no damage. I activate my Trap: Fairy Wind! This will destroy every Spell and Trap Card on the field and inflict 300 damage to both players. You currently have 3, so they’re destroyed and we take 900 damage!” A heavy gust of wind with a trace of sparkling glitter blew through the whole field. Zugai shut his eyes in preparation for his soul being drawn out. However, he felt absolutely nothing by the time the wind was gone. When he opened his eyes, he was back in the regular New York City in the same place, except with heavy mist covering central New York. Zugai asked, “Why hasn’t anything happened?”

Shura leapt into the air and answered, “I activated my Set Card: Dimension Drei. By destroying all 3 Dimensions I control, I can Special Summon a monster from my hand.”

Zugai asked, “Which monster?”

Shura answered, “Look above you.”

Zugai did, and saw a large portal opening up from the sky. A large white and gold suit of armor descended from the sky. It had two long cannons on its shoulders and blades on its arms. Shura continued, “This is Spatial Gladiator. (2600/2300) Once per turn, I can remove from play 1 monster I control to inflict Damage to my opponent equal to its ATK. However, I cannot declare an attack the turn I use this effect.” Temporal Jester vanished into thin air, and Spatial Gladiator launched two small meteors at Zugai they hit him directly in the stomach and launched him back at least 10 yards. (Zugai 3500→2000)

Shura continued, “Next, I Tribute my Spatial Gladiator.” Spatial Gladiator was beginning to glow a gold color, adding to her ominous face.

Zugai’s eyes widened, [i]Crud. Is she summoning it?[/i]

Shura recited, “[b]Father of divinity, wield time itself, and show creation the entity of fear itself! Appear, Lord of Time – Kronos![/b]” Dark fog began crawling on the ground, and Spatial Gladiator shattered. A colossal, muscular being, most likely a titan, with red eyes and blonde hair, stood from its container. A long scythe that held the power to split skyscrapers and cities formed in its hand, and time itself seemed to shiver in its presence. (3500/2300)

Zugai’s shivered, “Lord of Titans… the one who even castrated Space itself…”

Shura continued, “When Kronos is Special Summoned, I can remove from play 1 monster in my Graveyard, and it will increase its ATK by the ATK of that monster. However, we’ll both have to skip our Main Phase 1s to activate this effect. I remove from play Spatial Gladiator. (3500→6100/2300)”

Ayra finally spoke, “6100…? What kind of Duelist is this?”

Shura declared, “Kronos, eliminate the powerless human. Reap his soul.” Kronos swung his scythe at Red-Eyes with blinding speed. When the scythe hit Red-Eyes, Red-Eyes seemed to completely block the scythe. However, the shockwave managed to break every single piece of glass in a 10-mile radius. Zugai convulsed in pain and fell to the ground. (Zugai 2000→0)

Shura commented, “Now, I might as well collect what I’m looking for.” However, Red-Eyes still blocked the path to Zugai.

Zugai managed to rise to his knees, “Your cursed blade won’t touch me. You won’t drain my soul.”

Shura’s did not move. She only asked, “How are you standing? Your Life reached 0. Your soul-”

Zugai smiled, “Your monsters need to touch me to cut out my soul. That’s why you’ve been using direct hits and burn damage which involved [i]blades[/i]. However, I discarded Innocent Dark Dragon to negate Red-Eyes destruction. The scythe couldn’t break through it. I may be at the verge of falling unconscious, but my soul is still here.” With those words, the entire Dueling field vanished.

Hiru thought, [i]Wow. His bullsh*t ideas actually were right for once.[/i]

§

Kai smiled, “By returning two removed from play Neo Elemental Heroes to my Graveyard. I can Summon Neo Elemental Hero - Stargate!” Kai held up his Star Card, which was glowing white. A glowing suit of armor, which seemed to be made out of diamond, gold, and blue, short beams of light. The armor covered him head to foot, and two crystal wings formed from the back. The armor covered his face, and Kai smiled, “This armor is much cooler than the monarchy armor you wore earlier.” He jumped, and Stargate glided in the air above Empire State. (2500/2000)

Oujo narrowed his eyes and growled, “You mock me!?”

Kai responded, “With Stargate’s effect, I can remove from play these 3 Level 7 and higher monsters with different Attributes. Stargate gains 500 ATK for each one. I remove from play Constellation Striker, Storm Phantom, and Cumulonimbus. (2500→4000/2000) Stargate, attack Dewloren!” Kai pointed his wrist at Dewloren, and a long beam of light shot through Dewloren’s head, and came out of the tip of its tail. Dewloren convulsed for two seconds, turned into crystal, and shattered. (Oujo 4800→2800)

Kai smiled, “I end my turn. During the End Phase, I have to send a removed from play card or a card in my Graveyard to my hand. I pick Constellation Striker. (4000→2500/2000)”

Oujo yelled, “You fool! You dare attack a king directly not only once, but twice!? You’re a fool for thinking you have the power to challenge me!”

Kai asked, “What are you talking about?”

Oujo continued screaming, “Draw! I activate King’s Constellation! This allows me to remove from play appropriate Synchro Material Monsters from my Graveyard to Synchro Summon a monster! I remove from play Level 2 Dewdark, Level 1 Blizzed and Level 6 Dewloren! [b]Weapon of true kings, show the world your cold heart and rid yourself of excess emotions! Synchro Summon! Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier![/b]” Trishula spread its wings, releasing a storm of ice through the mist. (2700/2000)

Kai noticed the familiar patterns of snow, and said, “Of course, the king of the Ice Barrier is creating these new Barrier Systems.”

Oujo narrowed his eyes, “Even if you figured that out now, its two late. After you lose, a barrier system will cover up all of New York.”

Kai smiled, “Except even if you destroy it by battle, Stargate can be Special Summoned with its effect from the Graveyard.”

Oujo laughed, “Do you think I haven’t thought of that. When Trishula is Synchro Summoned, it can remove from play 1 card in your hand, one on the field, and one in your Graveyard.”

Kai’s eyes widened, “What!?”

Oujo narrowed his eyes, “False, arrogant soul of a king. Begone! [b]Absolute Zero[/b]!” Trishula’s 3 heads fired in three different directions. The first one to hit knocked a card out of Zugai’s hand, and Constellation Striker disappeared in the mist. The second one froze Kai’s access to the Graveyard. The third one aimed at Stargate, and completely froze it. The armor warped as it would if it was removed from play, but Kai was warped with it.

Oujo roared in frustration, but started laughing, “Why am I angry? He ran from me. His Deck is under my curse.”

§

The mist around Central New York began spreading. Shura looked behind and said, “Kronos, get us away from there.”

Kronos swung his scythe at the ground. Every single person in New York City, except for Oujo, was flung far into the outskirts of it. The mist covered all of New York, and satellites detected it was another barrier system.

Ayra asked, “So… one in New York, too?”

Zugai weakly smiled, “Great, less tourists.”

Hiru sighed, “Is that all that really matters to you?”

Zugai answered, “Well, considering my soul is still in my body, I feel fine.”

“You’re still talking?”

Zugai looked up, and Shura began walking out of the mist. She swung her scythe and threatened, “We’re not leaving without the Star Card.”

Oujo began to step out of the mist. Senith yelled, “Where’s Kai?”

Oujo narrowed his eyes and said, “We have him where we need him.”

Shura swung her scythe, and as if she cut through the fabrics of reality herself, a dimensional rift appeared where the scythe’s blade cut. Kai fell out of the rift, shivering and panting.

Oujo said, “He’s the first one that could actually get away from me. I’ll make sure he receives special punishment.”

§

Nearby New York, a small girl walked along the George Washington Bridge, witnessing the mist spreading along New York. She was 19, had long, straight black hair, but was still quite small for her age. She was wearing a black shirt and jeans. Looking over the edge of the bridge she squinted to try to see a familiar figure. She was interrupted when a voice said, “Fiona?”

Fiona turned around to see a tall black teenager wearing a red “GL Highlanders” cap backwards. He was wearing a red shirt with a Spider-Man mask on it and black pants. Fiona smiled, “Hey, Ron. Long time no see.”

Ron smiled, “I know. Are you walking here because they closed the subways and trains?”

Fiona smiled, “Yeah. Had to go into the city for something, but then the Barrier System came over.” At that moment, the rift appeared, and no doubt about it, Fiona noticed her little brother falling out of nowhere, right in front of a cloaked figure holding a giant scythe. She rolled her eyes, “Just a moment. I have to go save my little brother and Zugai from a Vindictus addict.”

Ron asked, “What’s Vindictus?”

Fiona paused. “Don’t ask.”

§

Zugai tried to reach for his Duel Disk, but his palm burned as soon as he touched it. Dammit. Guess I can’t Duel again for a while after I duel Shura. Cursed blade, I guess.

Shura hissed, “That last effort you put up there was in vain. Now give them to us.”

Fiona walked down from the bridge and sighed, “What are you guys doing to my little brother?”

Shura swung her scythe, “None of your concern. Leave now, or this boy will die.”

Zugai explained, “Kadoguchi. Group of evil people that you can only fight by Dueling.”

Fiona sighed, “Really? Dang. Can one of you guys do it?”

Zugai smirked, “Well, you’re still a Dueling Queen, and I lost. Your go.”

Ron also stepped up, “Should I take care of shorty over here.”

Oujo narrowed his eyes and activated his Ice Duel Disk, “You mock me!?”

Ron laughed, “I’ll take that as a ‘yes’.”

Shura narrowed her eyes, “Naïve. Two children are trying to fight us. I wonder how this would go.”

Zugai held in his laughter, [i]Not well on your part. Don’t underestimate hidden prodigies.[/i][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Chapter 23]
Chapter 23: Awakening of Justice

Fiona glanced at Zugai, and Zugai knew her well enough to know what she was asking.

Zugai explained, “Short one’s Deck is an Ice Barrier Deck. The one with the scythe uses a Deck that involves lining up cards in zones. One of her monsters, Spatial Infiltrator, can attack directly and not be attacked if it isn’t lined up with zones. Otherwise, it just skips phases and removes stuff from play.”

Fiona glanced at Ron, “You take him, I’ll take her.”

Ron nodded, “Gotcha.”

Shura glared, “Foolish children. You’ll soon learn what true pain is.” She suddenly vanished with Fiona, and all that Zugai and his friends could see was Oujo dueling Ron.

Kai took the opportunity to join up with Zugai. “Never got a chance to see Ron duel. Is he good.”

Zugai smiled, “He’s definitely a gifted Duelist. Not sure if even Hiru can beat him.”

Hiru asked, “Seriously? He doesn’t even Duel!”

Zugai smiled, “You just haven’t seen him Duel. That’ll change soon enough.”

§

Fiona looked around her. She was in a world of pure darkness, nothing except for her and Shura. There was no light, yet they were still visible. Shura began, “My turn. I Summon Spatial Infiltrator. (1000/200) I end my turn.”

Fiona said, “My turn.” [i]Why do I have to do this? I barely even Duel. I mean, I'm good at it, but I don't find it entertaining.[/i] “I Summon Armageddon Knight. (1400/1200) When this card is Summoned, I can send a DARK monster from my Deck to the Graveyard. I send Ally Salvo to the Graveyard. Armageddon Knight, attack Spatial Infiltrator.” Armageddon Knight charged at Spatial Infiltrator. It swung its hilt against its head, stabbing it, and decapitated Spatial Infiltrator with one last slice. (Shura 8000→7600) Fiona finished, “I set 3 cards and end my turn.”

Shura narrowed her eyes, [i]She knows my Deck already? Dammit, shouldn’t have…[/i] “My turn. I Summon Temporal Soldier. (1600/1000) Now, attack Armageddon Knight.”

Fiona countered, “I activate my Trap: Mirror Force.” Temporal Soldier tried attacking Armageddon Knight, but it was stopped by a rainbow field. Temporal Soldier glowed yellow, and then shattered.

Shura scowled, “Due to its effect, I can skip my Main Phase 2 to Set 1 monster in Defense Mode from my Deck. I end my turn.”

Fiona said, “My turn. I activate my Trap: Call of the Haunted. This allows me to bring back Ally Salvo. (400/300) Next, I Normal Summon Ally of Justice Cycle Reader. (1000/1000) I Tune my Level 3 Cycle Reader to my Level 4 Armageddon Knight and my Level 2 Ally Salvo to Synchro Summon Ally of Justice Field Marshall! (2900/2600) Now, attack the Set monster.” Field Marshall held out one arm and launched a beam of blue energy. It exploded on impact against the Set monster and destroyed it. “When Field Marshal destroys a Set monster, I can draw 1 card.”

Shura smiled, “I activate the effect of Spatial Distorter. When it’s destroyed by battle, I can destroy the monster that battled it by removing it from play.” Field Marshal was absorbed by a spatial rift and shattered into hundreds of pieces. “Also, you get to Special Summon a monster from your Graveyard.”

Fiona said, “I Special Summon Armageddon Knight in Defense mode. (1400/1200) With its effect, I can send the DARK Ally of Justice Searcher to the Graveyard. I end my turn.”

Shura continued, “My turn. I activate Dimension Eins and Dimension Zwei. I Set 1 card and activate Dimension Break. If I control 2 monsters and 2 Dimensions, I can destroy 1 monster you control.” The crossing lines appeared again and cut through Armageddon Knight, stabbing and destroying it. “Next, I Summon Temporal Jester. (1500/700) Due to its effect, I can skip my Battle Phase to draw 1 card. Due to the effect of Dimension Eins, if I skip my Battle Phase, you take damage equal to Temporal Jester’s ATK..”

Fiona interrupted, “I discard Ally of Justice Thousand Arms to activate Darkness Break. If I would take effect damage, I can negate that damage by discarding a monster with higher ATK. Then, you take damage equal to that monster’s ATK.” A dark ray pierced through Shura’s stomach, but once again, she did not react. (Shura 7600→5900)

Shura finished, “I end my turn.”

Fiona continued, “My turn.”[i] Just one more, and… [/i]“I Summon Ally of Justice Core Destroyer in Attack Mode. (1200/200) Your move.”

Shura narrowed her eyes, [i]Did she notice my monsters were mostly LIGHT?[/i] She said, “I activate my Trap: Dimension Drei. I can send a Dimension Ein and Dimension Zwei to the Graveyard to Special Summon Temporal Monarch from my hand. (2400/1000) When this card is Summoned, I can skip my Main Phase to destroy 1 monster you control. I destroy Core Destroyer.” Temporal Monarch held up its hands. A clock appeared in the air and began spinning. Core Destroyer began rusting and disintegrated.

Fiona smiled, “I activate my trap: Reverse Gravity! If I have 7 or more DARK monsters in my Graveyard, I can Special Summon a Rainbow Dark Dragon from my hand, ignoring the Summoning Conditions!” A rainbow shrouded with darkness appeared from behind Shura. She held up a card that started glowing with a rainbow color. “[b]Darkness. Taint the colors that reside in the world to reveal its true nature. Appear now, Rainbow Dark Dragon![/b]” A long, black dragon started flying up the rainbow. As the rainbow faded, Rainbow Dark Dragon slightly coiled itself and roared over the field. (4000/0) The black parts of the field began shattering, revealing the colors of the real world.

Shura looked around her field, [i]This is bad. I can’t let this go back to the real world.[/i] “I activate a Quick-Play Spell Card: Magic Balance! It allows me to select one Spell Card in my Deck, and activate it. I select the Continuous Spell Card: Spatial Refraction. This card only stays on the field for two turns. However, while it’s on the field, it will return a monster Special Summoned by my opponent to the owner’s hand, and decrease its Level by 1. However, if it becomes a Level 4 or lower monster while in the hand it’s Special Summoned, ignoring the Summoning conditions.”

Fiona sighed, and returned Rainbow Dark Dragon to her hand. Rainbow Dark Dragon began fading, but a mirage of it was still there. [i]I guess it’s just temporarily stuck somewhere.[/i]

Shura continued, “But, due to the effect of Magic Balance, you can activate a Spell Card from your Deck.”

Fiona smiled, “In that case, I activate Star Blast. By paying Life Points in intervals of 500, I can reduce the Level of a monster in my hand by 1 for every interval of 500 Life Points I paid. I pay 2500 Life Points to reduce Rainbow Dark Dragon’s Level by 5. (Fiona 8000→5500) Since it became a Level 4 monster, I can Special Summon it.” Rainbow Dark Dragon’s mirage began glowing all the colors of the rainbow, and the colors dispersed around the dark universe. Color returned to it, and in a rainbow light, Fiona and Shura returned to their world.

§

Ron’s Duel with Oujo was at a stalemate. Ron controlled Genex Ally Reliever in Attack Mode, (2200/1000) Genex Ally Remote in Defense, (500/1800) and Genex Ally Duradark in Attack mode. (1800/200) He had three cards in his hand, a Set card, and 6800 Life Points. Oujo, on the other hand, had Dewdark of the Ice Barrier, (1200/800) a Set card, four cards in his hand, and 8000 Life Points remaining. Ron yelled, “Reliever, attack Dewdark of the Ice Barrier! ” Genex Ally Reliever rocketed toward Dewdark and slammed it against the ground.

Oujo yelled, “I activate Ice Wall! It equips to 1 WATER monster I control. That monster can’t be destroyed by battle, and its Level increases by 1!”

Ron smiled, “You still take Battle Damage.” (Oujo 8000→7000) “Duradark, attack Dewdark of the Ice Barrier!” Duradark leapt into the air and pointed its palm at Dewdark. Waves of rainbow light launched out of its palm and crashed into Dewdark, creating explosions on the ground. (Oujo 7000→6400)

Oujo narrowed his eyes, [i]I never thought a normal person would be this strong. [/i]

Ron finished, “I set 1 card and end my turn.”

Oujo yelled, “Draw! I Summon Dance Princess of the Ice Barrier! (1700/900) [i]Lucky for him, I have no Ice Barrier Monsters in my hand…[/i] “Next, I Tune my Level 3 Dewdark to my Level 4 Dance Princess!” Dewdark transformed into three green rings. They circled around Dance Princess, and she began to glow in a green color. She turned into white energy and became four stars. They gathered together, and the rings faded. Suddenly, a blizzard began emerging from the star, and it encircled Oujo’s field. The snow began gathering in certain areas, forming a sculpture of a dragon-shaped creature. Oujo yelled, “Synchro Summon! Gungir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier!” Gungir’s eyes, mouth, and some of its body began glowing red. It shed the ice, and began roaring over the field. (2500/1700)

Oujo continued, “Once per turn, I can discard 2 cards to destroy up to 2 cards on the field with Gungir’s effect.” [i]Duradark’s effect can be a problem with that Deck, and I can’t let him Synchro Summon a high Level monster…[/i] “I discard 2 cards to destroy Duradark and Remote!” Gungir breathed out two balls of ice, one flying at Duradark and the other flying at Remote. Duradark was hit by the first attack, and the second one started flying at Genex Ally Remote.

Ron intercepted, “I activate my Trap: Tuner’s Barrier! Once per turn, a Tuner Monster I control can’t be destroyed by Battle or Card Effects.” A shield surrounded Remote, reflecting the chunk of ice, and it hit the ground behind Ron instead, leaving a small crater.

Oujo growled, “I end my turn.”

Ron started, “My turn. I Tune my Level 3 Genex Ally Remote to my Level 5 Genex Ally Reliever.” Remote transformed into three green rings, and Reliever flew threw all three of the rings and vanished. Ron smiled, “Synchro Summon! Genex Ally Axel!” What seemed to be Reliever descended at blinding speed and crashed into the ground in front of Ron. However, as the figure stood up, it appeared to be a larger, Genex Ally Axel. (2600/2000)

Oujo narrowed his eyes, “2600 ATK? Seems I underestimated you, but it still won’t beat me that easily.”

Ron continued, “Once per turn, I can discard one card, and Axel can Special Summon a Level 4 or lower Machine from my Graveyard, and double its ATK. But that monster can’t attack directly. I revive Duradark. (1800→3600/200) Also, I activate Limiter Removal. This will double the ATK of each Machine-Type monster on the field. (3600→7200/200) (2600→5200/2000)”

Oujo’s eyes widened. He softly stuttered, “What? Is this…” Before he finished his sentence, a burst of rainbow appeared on the field next to him. Rainbow Dark Dragon soared over the ground next to him, and Shura was struggling in her fight with Fiona.

§

Back in Fiona’s Duel, Shura ended her turn as the world shattered. Fiona smiled, “My turn. I activate Rainbow Dark Dragon’s effect. I can remove from play all DARK monsters in my Graveyard to increase its ATK by 500 for each one. I remove from play all 7 Ally of Justice monsters to increase the ATK of Rainbow Dark Dragon by 3500. (4000→7500/0) Now, destroy Temporal Jester.” Rainbow Dark Dragon launched a beam of rainbow energy, coated with a dark veil. It blasted right through Temporal Jester, and continued and engulfed Shura. (Shura 5500→0) Shura thought, [i]Tch. She beat me?[/i]

Shura’s monsters faded along with Rainbow Dark Dragon, and she took a step back, looked at Oujo’s battle. [i]Looks like we picked a battle with the wrong people.[/i]

§

Ron yelled, “Duradark, destroy Gungir!” Duradark ran towards Gungir. Gugnir countered by blasting several blasts of ice, but Duradark leapt and ran by every one. He leapt at the last second and placed his palm on Gungir’s head. A ray of rainbow light passed from Gungir’s head to the foot. Duradark leapt away, and Gungir exploded. (Oujo 6400→1700) “Axel, attack him directly.”

Oujo just stood stunned, as if he couldn’t believe his loss. Axel dashed right in front of him an kicked him in the stomach, sending him flying into the Barrier System behind him. (Oujo 1700→0)

Shura looked back in disgust, “He’ll never be able to comprehend his losses. What a weakling.” Shura began walking towards the Barrier System, and disappeared within the blizzard.

Zugai stared at his two friends with awe. After a long moment of total silence, Senith asked, “Um… exactly why do you to not like Dueling?”

Zugai answered, “Well, they only started dueling because their schools forced them to do so.”

Senith said, “Touché, Zugai. Touché.”

Fiona and Ron walked back. Fiona asked, “What haven’t you guys been telling us?”

Ron also questioned, “And who exactly are those people.”

A familiar voice answered, “I think I should be the one to explain.”

The whole group of people looked back to see Fugushi standing there, with a creepy expression on his face.

Zugai asked, “Remind me why I looked up to you as a kid? You’re such a pedo-stalker.”

§

An hour later, Zugai, Hiru, Senith, Kai, Kea, Ayra, Fiona, and Ron were sitting at a table in

“You’ve heard the story of the Greek’s legend of the Twelve Titans and the Twelve Olympians, right?”

Zugai said, “I know it. I can just translate it to them later, if you want me to.”

Senith objected, “Hey, I know it, too!”

Ayra muttered, “Shut up, Senith.”

Fugushi continued, “So you know how the Titans fought the Olympians and lost, and were sealed in Tartarus, and the Olympians created Mount Olympus.”

Ayra said, “That place doesn’t exist. There’s no physical way that it-”

Fiona interrupted, “Let me guess: mistranslation?”

Fugushi answered, “Of course. The Greeks thought of it as a mountain, but the smaller groups that shared the same gods looked at it as more of a gate in the heavens: a door, really.”

Zugai took out Red-Eyes Stellar Dragon and observed it. “Six keys, given to us by Prometheus, and they’ll unlock that gate to Olympus, right?”

Kea, confused at what Zugai said, asked, “Wait, what?”

Fugushi explained, “You six witnessed two Titans trying to purge the powers of those cards. The Gods locked Olympus with Six Keys, each one representing one of their qualities, and created six keys to Tartarus as well. This created two gates: The Gate of Olympus and the Gate of Tartarus. And what you all hold are the Gates of Olympus.”

Kea asked, “I’m still confused. Why so suddenly? I mean, it’s just coming at us so quickly.”

Kai muttered under his breath, “That’s what she said.”

Zugai said, “It’s like somebody’s rushing on a fanfic and is trying to get in all the information. Either that, or he had a hot date the first time and didn’t want to miss it.”

Fugushi slightly blushed, “You know me well.”

Zugai narrowed his eyes, and they glowed red. “You’re past is clear to me, Michael Jackson the Second.”

Fugushi could and continued, “Anyway, the six cards that you were given are the keys that unlock the Gate to Olympus.”

Zugai said, “That doesn’t answer our original question. Who exactly is Kadoguchi? A group arrogant enough to face against the gods?”

Fugushi continued, “Wait. I’m getting there.”

Ron covered his head in boredom, “This is gonna take a while?”

Hiru asked, “He spoke to GL, too?”

Kea answered, “Sadly. I always thought missing classes was good, but I would take extra homework rather than that speech.”

Zugai said to the three of them, “You know we can hear you, right?”

The three of them looked stunned and straight at Fugushi. Ron muttered, “Sh*t.”

Fugushi continued, “Anyway, once the Gate of Olympus opens, the divine power of the gods shall spread through the universe as a wave, expanding as it goes along. It will be most concentrated and most powerful exactly as it opens. Whoever contacts that will be given the abilities of a God.”

Zugai muttered, “You could have told us that earlier.”

Hiru asked, “But why would they want to defeat Olympians? They’ll be outnumbered!”

Fugushi continued, “The Titans were locked in the Gate of Tartarus. So Kadoguchi was formed by the people who originally discovered this: exiled Romans.”

Zugai said, “So Typhoeous was one of the original people?”

Fugushi nodded, “Yes. Over hundreds of years, they managed to acquire six individuals that were willing to and emotionally able to match the titans. As in, they were able to absorb them and hold their full powers. Not only that, surpass them. This rank of Kadoguchi, the six leaders: Shura, Typhoeous, Tenba, Oujo, Tsuchi, and Heki, make the six Celestials: those that observe the sky with the Gates above them. You hold the keys to the Gate of Olympus, and the Celestials observe you, the Interstellars. The keys always take different forms based on the world they’re on: whatever makes them blend in most. And when they found you all, they changed their form and became part of your Decks. You, Zugai, hold the Key of Darkness, which allows you to see in both light and darkness, and allows you to see into the into people’s hearts, showing you their whole life. This is the Eye of Truth”

Zugai sighed, “The Eye of Truth is supposed to be my symbol? Lame. Nobody uses that card.”

Fugushi continued, “You, Hiru, hold the Key of Material. It gives you control over matter to a limit: you can create temporary white and black holes, and you can remove fragments of Earth for a given, but not much else. This is the Hand of Divinity.”

Hiru sighed, “That’s what I need. A hand that could move matter. Hello, Epic Mickey.”

Fugushi said to Senith, “Senith, you should have the Key of Purge. You can burn the evil within people and inflict real Battle Damage. This is the Card of Cleansing.”

Senith sighed, “Great. More fire puns. Now I know where Zugai got it.”

Fugushi turned to Kai, “You, Kai, have the Key of Hunters. While using it, your opponent will not be able to use special abilities. This is the Dead Eye.”

Kai sighed, “Now I’m thinking he’s just trying to appeal to us. I should have known about this while facing Oujo, otherwise New York wouldn’t freeze over.”

Fugushi turned to Kea and said, “Kea, you have the Key of Arms. You can call upon it to create different weapons of many kinds. This is the Hidden Armory.”

Fiona thought, [i]Can she still Normal Summon?[/i]

Kea sighed, “As if I always wanted to use weapons to kill people.”

Fugushi said, “Finally, you, Ayra, have the Key of Protection.”

Ron thought, [i]That sounds… wrong.[/i]

Fugushi continued, “It will defend you from death outside of battle. This is the Shield of Light.”

Ayra sighed, “Outside of battle? Useful. When I could possible get hit by a drunk driver on a slim chance and not get harmed, I can’t protect my body from getting eaten. Nice.”

Fugushi asked, “Why are you all sighing?”

Everybody answered, “We hate your speeches.”

Fiona asked, “Wait, you said they had access to Titans. Didn’t you say that they were locked by the Gate of Tartarus?”

Fugushi explained, “The group holding the keys to Tartarus are a group of people called the Terrestrials, since Tartarus is within the Earth. Terrestrials have the power to move the Titans in and out of the Gate. The Terrestrials used to be the six current pros, and those are the ones that still hold the true keys. Now, they’re Team Creation and Armageddon, and they’ve been twisted enough to walk into the arms of Kadoguchi.”

Kea sighed, “Kosoru… I thought that prick had something to do with them.”

Senith asked, “Hang on, how did you know about all this from the start.”

Zugai slammed his head against the table, “Senith… don’t make him talk more…”

§

Shura rushed into Kadoguchi’s Cambodia headquarters. “Typhoeous, is he ready?”

A shadow began swirling in front of Shura, and it eventually turned into Typhoeous’s shadow. “He is… but you do know that the first thing he’s going to do is fight Zugai, ri-” He observed the expression on her face, and Typhoeous released Gouzen’s body. His body was limp, but began glowing. Gouzen began convulsing on the ground, and two black wings ripped out of his body. He began laughing maliciously and disappeared in a flash of light.

Shura narrowed her eyes, “Gouzen… will he manage without the power of Hyperion?”

Typhoeous smiled, “He’s no longer bound to light, since he doesn’t have that Titan. Right now, he’s a darkened image of light. He’s the angel of death.”

§

Zugai sighed, “Are you done, Fugushi?”

Fugushi nodded, “Yes. But I have a gift for you.” He planted down six huge chests, filled with hundreds of Trading Cards. “I have gathered all of the cards made in Duel Mosnters: three copies of each. Each case will have the cards that you need, not every card. Build your Decks wisely, and be sure to train your physical body: the body is linked to the mind. Fighting Kadoguchi is not just a battle of minds, but a battle of vessels. You’ll understand shortly.” Each person took a case, and Kai looked skeptical. Zugai knew exactly what was needed with him. [i]I’ll give him the Christmas gift early.[/i]

Fugushi continued, “Battle City has been moved to Geneva for the finals on August 18th.”

Zugai sighed, “Great. I have school.” He jolted his head up, “But seniors are getting a field trip there. Sweet!”

Fugushi walked out of the restaurant, “Be sure to be ready. The battles won’t be as easy as you think.” He walked into the Men’s restroom.

Kai widened his eyes, “Creepy exit.”

Zugai said, “Oh yeah, Kai, I know that Oujo cursed your Deck, but I found this flying in the air.” Zugai passed Kai Constellation Striker. “You must have dropped it. That means it isn’t affected by Oujo. And here you go.” He passed a Deck to Kai. “You’ll like that. Trust me. It’s three of your total Decks in one.” Zugai stood up and began walking out. Hiru quickly followed him, and the rest of the crew followed.

Suddenly, thunder boomed across the sky without lightning. The sky did get brighter in the clouds above Zugai and Hiru. A pillar of light fell from the sky, covering Zugai and Hiru. Kai’s eyes widened, “The only person that can do this is…”

Zugai was able to see perfectly fine without his Eye of Truth. [i]I’ll just call it Astral Eyes… it sounds less cliché, even though it still is cliché. [/i]Zugai heard a familiar voice laugh, “Well, well, if it isn’t my best friend.”

Zugai didn’t even have to look up to recognize that voice. “You don’t die, do you, Gouzen?”

Gouzen descended from the sky, and his black wings clashed with the light, as if he represented two things. He laughed, “Now, Zugai Shutaru, prepare to feel the taste of death by my hand!”

Hiru took out his Duel Disk, “If you do, then try taking both of us!”

Gouzen laughed, “Will this make a difference? You’ll still lose to me either way. Not even the combined powers of light and darkness can stop the angel of Death!” Gouzen’s left wing shed its feathers, and they gathered around his arm to make a black Duel Disk. His original left wing became a demon’s wing. He laughed insanely, “Let’s kill each other for victory again!”[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Chapter 24]
Chapter 24: The True Face of the Angel

Gouzen smiled, “We’ll do it this way. You two share Life Points, but keep separate fields. However, during my Draw Phases, I can draw 2 cards, and the hand limit for all of us becomes 8. My turn. I Summon Fabled Ashenveil. (1600/1200) Due to the Battle Royale Rules, I can’t attack this turn. I Set 3 cards and end my turn.”

Hiru said, “My turn! First, I activate Future Fusion. This allows me to send 3 Blue-Eyes White Dragons from my Deck to my Graveyard. In 2 turns, I can Special Summon Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon. Next, I activate Monster Reborn, which allows me to revive Blue-Eyes. (3000/2500) I set 1 card and end my turn.”

Zugai smiled, “My turn. I Summon Red-Eyes Wyvern (1800/1600), Set 2 cards and end my turn.”

Gouzen laughed, “My turn. I activate my continuous Trap: Forced Requisition. When I have to discard a card, my opponent has to as well! Next, I discard 1 card to activate Cost Down! Now I can Normal Summon Fabled Soulkius without Tribute! (2200/2100)”

Zugai narrowed his eyes, “Great. Twins.”

Gouzen continued, “Also, since I discarded a card, you, Hiru, also has to discard a card. Also, I activate the continuous Trap: Sins of Glory! When my opponent discards a card, they take 500 damage! Now, Hiru, discard a card.”

Zugai’s eyes widened, “Can you cut the shared Life Points thing? It’s kinda cheep.”

Gouzen continued, “Now, Hiru, discard your card, and take punishment for it!” Hiru reluctantly discarded his card and sent it to the Graveyard. Two bolts of lightning emerged from Sins of Glory, striking both Zugai and Hiru. (Zugai & Hiru 8000→7500) “Also, Fabled Ashenveil, attack Red-Eyes Wyvern! [b]Blue Repent![/b]”

Hiru interrupted, “But Red-Eyes Wyvern has higher ATK!”

Gouzen laughed, “During damage calculation, I can discard 1 card to increase its ATK by 500! This thing’s effect is to DIE for! (1600→2200/1200)” Fabled Ashenveil dove at Red-Eyes Wyvern and tried crushing it.

Zugai smiled, “I activate my Trap: Reverse Trap. It negates all increases and decreases in ATK and reverses them.”

Gouzen narrowed his eyes, “Do you have to ruin my fun? I discard Fabled Marauder from my hand. This negates the effect of Reverse Trap. And since I discarded another card, well, you know the drill. And don’t forget my other one!” (Zugai & Hiru 7500→6500) Gouzen continued, “Now, show me his pain!” Ashenveil crushed Red-Eyes Wyvern beneath its feet. (Zugai & Hiru 6500→6100)

Gouzen laughed, “I’m not done! Soulkius, attack him directly! [b]Scarlet Rage![/b]”

Zugai smiled, “I activate my Trap: Magic Cylinder! This negates the attack and inflicts damage equal to the ATK of that monster.”

Hiru also said, “I chain that with my Trap: Legendary Roar! When a LIGHT monster’s attack is negated, my opponent takes damage equal to the ATK of the attacking monster. You’ll take 4400 damage!”

Gouzen narrowed his eyes for a moment, but began laughing hysterically. “You expect me to lose with efforts like that? I thought you were better! I activate my Trap: Chain Reverse! If this card is activated as a chain of 2 or more, I can re-set all the activated cards and negate their effects. They cannot be activated until the next Standby Phase.”

Zugai’s eyes widened, “What!? Just like that? Cheap.”

Gouzen smiled maliciously, “Suffer.” Soulkius picked Zugai up by his collar and lifted him into the air. He then dove down at blinding speed and smashed Zugai against the ground, creating a small crater in the sidewalk. (Zugai & Hiru 6100→3900) “I Set 1 card and end my turn.”

Hiru said, “My turn. I activate Burst Stream of Destruction! This will destroy all of my opponent’s monsters!”

Gouzen narrowed his eyes, “I activate my trap: Karma Cut! By discarding 1 card, I can remove from play 1 monster you control. I remove Blue-Eyes from play.” A portal appeared, and an arm extended from that portal, pulling Blue-Eyes into it. “Also, it removes from play all cards in your Graveyard with the same name.”

Hiru’s eyes widened, “What!?” As he uttered that word, one of his cards dissolved from his card, and lightning bolts struck him and Zugai again. (Zugai & Hiru 3900→3400) “I end my turn.”

Zugai said, “My turn! I Set 1 monster and end my turn.” [i]Come on, Hiru. We’ve just lost because you did nothing![/i]

Gouzen smiled, “It’s over! My turn! Fallen Angels, attack Hiru directly!” The two angels crashed into Hiru, knocking him into the ground. (Zugai & Hiru 3400→0) “This wasn’t worth it. I don’t need to Duel wastes of time.” The light faded, and Gouzen disappeared in a flash of light.

Hiru stared in awe, “Well, he showed us.”

Zugai retorted, “More like he flashed us, but whatever.” Hiru leaned back and groaned at the image that Zugai planted in his mind.

§

“Nope, none of them are being registered except for those two. Sorry, Kai.” Fiona sighed as she placed the final card in Kai’s old Deck. “Strange, though. Nothing seems wrong with them…”

Kai said, “Zugai said the spirits are gone, but it doesn’t make much sense why Oujo would do that.”

Fiona pointed out, “Maybe Oujo wanted to use it against you guys. Who knows? Have you looked at the Deck Zugai gave you yet?”

Kai thought for a second, pointed at her and nodded, “I just thought of doing that.”

Fiona smiled in a mocking way, “Sure you did.”

§

Zugai sat on his basement floor, computer to the left of him and cards everywhere. He sighed, “Why does Fugushi have so many cards? I don’t think Kurai has access to this stuff!” As he uttered those words, his phone rang. He sprinted up his narrow stairway and onto his ground floor, not even bothering to look at the beautiful daylight. He hesitated a second to read the number, and picked it up. “Hello?”

Hiru scolded, “When are you going to get a cell?”

Zugai smiled and leaned against his kitchen counter, “In two years, maybe.”

Hiru continued, “Anyway, I’ve got nothing to do really. Have you made a new Deck?”

Zugai figured out what Hiru was getting at. “Ten minutes will be enough for me to finish it. It’s hard going through almost every useful card to us in existence.”

Hiru smiled, “Gotcha. Leaving now.”

Zugai said, “Don’t get overconfident on me and crash, now.”

§

Oujo sat in his throne, trembling in rage. [i]There’s no way that I could…[/i]

Oujos five remaining knights and Furui marched before him and kneeled before his throne. Oujo, still shaking, muttered to them, “You succeeded your mission, but you have shown me another thing, you all possess weak hearts. If you are told not to win, you cannot push your opponent at all. You stood no chance against your targets, which means…” Oujo stood up, and shouted, “I have no use for you!!!” He horizontally swung his right arm, and a blue light quickly crossed the floor of Oujo’s palace. Every living being the light passed froze. Oujo panted in his pure rage and turned around, but he heard quick movements behind him.

Oujo quickly turned, and he saw Furui still standing, covered in ice. He drew his sword and leapt at Oujo. “My king,” he yelled, “Your tyranny has no place in this world!” He swung his sword using his left arm. Oujo smiled maliciously and grabbed Furui’s arm with his right hand. He then grabbed Furui’s body with his left hand and pulled. Furui roared in pain as he realized nothing was swinging; his arm was ripped off his body. Before he could utter another word, he felt a cold blade pierce through his head, and everything went black.

§

Kea and Ayra stood on the top of a hill quite far away from Berkeley Heights, feeling a light breeze cross over them. The sisters leaned on a fence over the, mesmerized by the field swaying in the light, summer breeze. The two of them were completely silent, as if they were listening to the stories the wind of the field told them.

Kea finally nudged her sister and asked, “So, when?”

Ayra blushed and muttered, “Shut up.”

Kea laughed and wrapped her arms around her older sister, “It’s okay, he’s much better than Parson.”

Ayra rubbed Kea’s head fiercely, “That idiot couldn’t even make you feel better. Zugai could do it to any one of his friends.”

Kea laughed, “It’s kind of amusing, actually, the way he supports people. All he can do is make bad jokes.”

Ayra pushed Kea away lightly, and mischievously smiled, “You seem to be all over that kid. I haven’t seen you stick to a guy for so long ever since-”

Kea blushed and turned her head away, not saying another word. Ayra just smiled and hugged her sister.

§

Zugai smiled as he saw a red car pull into his driveway. He quickly observed the side of it to make sure it was Hiru’s. [i]Yup, the dent. That means he’s here.[/i] Zugai opened the door, closed it, and rushed outside of his house. Hiru stepped out of his car and said, “Yo, brah!”

Zugai smiled, “Hey, let’s just get this over with. We’ve already had too many conversations in the past few weeks!”

Hiru said, “I know. But let’s see how well I can do compared to you.” He pulled out his silver Duel Disk with blue edges. He activated it. A rainbow light ran through it, and his medallion began glowing blue. His Duel Disk’s blade moved forward, and the last two Monster Card zones slid out, glowing with a strange blue light.

Zugai smiled, “Oh, we’re getting real, huh?” Zugai activated his Duel Disk, and a rainbow light ran through it. His shark tooth necklace glowed red, and his Duel Disk’s blade move forward, mimicking the same motion as Hiru’s, glowing with an ominous red light instead of a blue light. Zugai smiled, “So, are we going to do the traditional thing?”

Hiru pulled a coin from his pocket, and flipped it. Zugai heard the ringing from the coin from the moment Hiru tossed it to the moment it hit the ground. Hiru picked it up and declared, “Tails.”

Zugai, without waiting for anything, said, “My turn. I Set 1 monster. Next, I activate Gold Sarcophagus. It allows me to remove from play one card in my Deck, and in 2 turns, it adds it to my hand. I pick Dark Armed Dragon. I set 2 cards and end my turn.”

Hiru said, “My turn.” [i]His Set monster is probably going to be Stealth Bird.[/i] “I activate Ancient Rules! This allows me to Special Summon Blue-Eyes from my hand! (3000/2500) Since I have not Normal Summoned yet, I Summon Legendary Beast – Chimera in Attack mode. (1500/300) Next, I activate Burst Stream of Destruction! This will destroy all monsters my opponent controls!” Blue-Eyes shot a blue sphere of lightning at Zugai’s field, and it began to enlarge as it moved.

Zugai smiled, “I activate my Trap: Shield to the Concealment! Set monsters I control cannot be destroyed by card effects!”

Hiru thought, [i]Then it’s probably an important monster he needs for a Synchro Summon, not Stealth Bird.[/i] “Chimera, attack his Set monster!” Chimera breathed out a column of fire that headed straight towards Zugai. Suddenly, a red dragon blocked the flame, but was not shattered by it.

Zugai smiled, “You just destroyed Rift Dragon. (1400/200) When it’s destroyed by battle, I can remove it from play to destroy 1 monster you control. I destroy Blue-Eyes.” Rift Dragon disappeared in a spatial rift, which also began to absorb Blue-Eyes. However, Chimera was not affected by it.

Hiru growled, “I set 2 cards and end my turn.”

Zugai smiled, “My turn. I activate Astral Gate. By discarding 2 cards in my hand, I can add 2 removed from play cards to my hand. I add Rift Dragon and Dark Armed Dragon to my hand. Next, I activate Tribute to the Doomed. I discard Metalmorph to destroy Chimera.”

Hiru smiled, “When Chimera is destroyed, both players can send up to 3 cards from their Deck to the Graveyard. I send Hellhound, Hydra, and Pegasus to the Graveyard.”

Zugai shrugged, “I send Komouri Dragon, Red-Eyes Black Dragon, and Summoned Skull to the Graveyard. Dark Armed Dragon cannot be Normal Summoned, but if I have exactly 3 DARK monsters in my Graveyard, I can Special Summon it. Come forth! Dark Armed Dragon!” A ray of darkness descended from the sky and onto the field behind Zugai. Dark Armed Dragon slowly descended down the ray, and lightly hit the street. (2800/1000)

Hiru smiled, [i]Good luck with that. My first Set Card is Call of the Haunted to bring back Blue-Eyes. Also, I have Rainbow Life set, which will allow me to regain Life Points. Not only that, but if I discard Nessie, I can…[/i]

Zugai continued, “Dark Armed Dragon’s effect. When it’s on the field, I can remove from play DARK monsters in my Graveyard to destroy an equal number of cards on the field. I remove from play Komouri Dragon and Summoned Skull to destroy your 2 Set cards.” Dark Armed Dragon roared, creating visible sonic waves from its mouth. It crossed over Hiru’s field, and quickly wore away his two Set cards.

Hiru sighed, “I forgot about that…”

Zugai grinned, “Next, I Summon Rift Dragon. (1400/200) By removing it from play…”

Hiru groaned, “No… not that thing again!”

Zugai laughed a bit, “I can Special Summon Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon! (2800/2400) Also, I activate its effect, to bring back Red-Eyes! (2400/2000) Now, all three of my monsters, attack him directly!” Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon launched a sphere of red energy, exploding on contact as it hit Hiru. Red-Eyes Black Dragon opened its mouth and released a beam of red energy, also exploding as it hit Hiru. In the middle of the smoke, Dark Armed Dragon raised its claw and pounded Hiru’s point on the ground, causing the smoke to clear in the shockwave. (Hiru 8000→0)

Hiru narrowed his eyes and muttered, “Do you end you turn?”

Zugai smiled, “Dude, you just lost.”

Hiru’s eyes widened in confusion. He argued, “No! I-”

Zugai interrupted, “Dark Armed Dragon’s and Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon’s attacks inflicted 5600 damage, leaving you with 2400 Life Points, which is equal to the ATK of Red-Eyes, who also attacked you.”

Hiru did not utter a word, but eventually groaned, “I had Rainbow Life Set on the field. I could have survived another turn!”

Zugai shrugged, “Happens about every time.”

Hiru narrowed his eyes and shook his head, “Shut up, Zugai.”

§

A figure in a white cloak walked through a long chamber. He finally stepped into a room that had the illusion of being space, with stars, meteoroids, and dust everywhere. The figure growled, “Enough of this. Just speak with me so we can get this over with!”

A different figure, this one dressed in black, appeared behind the other cloaked figure and whacked him on the head. “You’re forgetting how long this will take anyway, Kisune.”

Kisune scowled, “I don’t need your guidance, Black.”

Shura stepped from a completely different part of the room, completely shrouded in a black cloak. She drew her scythe and plainly said, “I don’t care if you need guidance or not. Do you want to keep the deal?”

Kisune’s face was covered with an emotion of objection, but he turned it away and frowned.

Shura continued, “Then continue with the plan. I don’t care about whether you want to do this your way or not. Just do it.” She turned to Black, “And for you, don’t divert him from doing it his way. You two are separate agents. You two do things differently.” She swung her scythe, and the two vanished into thin air.

Typhoeous appeared in the room in his form of a shadow. “Is this an okay time, Shura?”

Shura sighed, “Go ahead. What do you want?”

Typhoeous explained, “I’ve checked the inscriptions. It’s bound to appear in exactly 2 days.”

Shura narrowed her eyes, “That makes the third one. The other two are going to appear in the finals of Battle City.”

Typhoeous asked, “I know that Kisune has united the three Destructors, but what about the Creator? Is he…?”

Shura answered, “Gave it to Black. It’s a sealed version, but he’s quite convinced that it’s a messenger of God.”

Typhoeous smiled, “Then everything’s working perfectly. Then we’ll only need a Star Card…”

Shura turned to Typhoeous, “I’ll leave you to get that. It’ll be easiest for you to show your true powers. Also, you know who your target is.”

Typhoeous smiled, “We all do. He can fight well, but I still have to see how he fares against my true powers.” With those words, his shadow vanished into space.

Shura looked into deep space, stared, and muttered to herself, “The Interstellars don’t know what they’re up against. Until they can view the whole universe, they’ll never stop us.” Shura continued talking, “Kisune and Black have fallen right into our plan. Although those two represent Yin and Yang, they’ll be able to accomplish things for us. These figures are falling exactly where we want them to.”

§

Oujo felt cold blood trickling down his arm. He could see that it was freezing in small places, since it was gleaming unusually. A blade entirely made out of ice was extending from his right wrist and piercing through Furui’s head. He muttered, “Furui, you were my strongest warrior until I tried to give you a titan.” He dug his blade deeper into Furui’s head. “Ever since you lost it, your powers have diminished to a pulp. Even Gouzen was able to move through that. However, your body is able to handle cool temperatures.”

Oujo pulled his blade out of Furui’s head, and his body collapsed to the ground. Another pulse ran through the ground, and Furui’s corpse became perfectly preserved in the ice. Oujo looked around the kingdom and found three empty suits of armor: one pure gold, one scarlet, and one jet green. Oujo smiled maliciously as he kept the blade intact and walked towards those suits.

“Furui, you have been a useful knight in your days before. Now, you shall forget about your past and become three new knights. From this day, I shall call you;” Oujo let one drop of blood onto the crimson suit of armor. It shriveled, and came to life like it had a human inside it. “Percival: Knight of Pure Strength.” He let another drop of Furui’s blood onto the green knight. “Lamorak: Knight of Blinding Speed.” He dropped his final drop onto the golden knight, “And Arthur: Knight of the Round.” He stepped back as all three suits of armor began shaking, and eventually came to life.

§

“Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon, attack him directly!” Hiru and Zugai were on their third match, Zugai won 3, Hiru won 1. At this stage, Zugai had no monsters, two Set cards, 500 Life Points, and three cards in his hand. Hiru, on the other hand, had no Set cards, Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon, (4800/2500) 1400 Life Points, and 1 card in his hand.

Zugai interrupted, “I remove from play the Necro Gardna in my Graveyard! This negates your attack!” Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon’s giant laser was deflected by a small field of darkness, which soon became visible as Necro Gardna. Zugai’s Life Points remained untouched.

Hiru growled, “So close… I end my turn.”

Zugai smiled, “I activate my Trap: Birthright! It allows me to bring back a Normal Monster in my Graveyard and Summon it in Attack Mode, and equip it to this card! I revive Red-Eyes Black Dragon!” (2400/2000)

Hiru shook his head, “Zugai, there’s still no way that you can beat me with Red-Eyes at this-”

Zugai activated Inferno Fire Blast while Hiru was talking. An image of the card appeared in the air. Hiru looked and stopped laughing. “Seriously?”

Red-Eyes exhaled a large red beam of fire that passed underneath Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon and exploded as it hit Hiru. (Hiru 1400→0)

Hiru sighed, “That’s bullsh*t.”

Zugai smiled, “That’s how I roll, broski.”

Hiru looked at the sky and said, “It’s getting dark. I think I should head out, bro.”

Zugai looked up and said, “I thought you were going to stay for more than an hour, but I guess not. Do you just want to stop losing?”

Hiru sighed, “Shut up.”

Zugai smiled, “Hey, we could go play Brawl. We’re on more even grounds there.”

Hiru agreed, “Sure. Just as long as I get to pick second.”

Zugai said, “You know, I only pick after you for characters that might have an even match.”

Hiru paused, and said, “No you don’t.”

Zugai said, “Then explain why I don’t spam Lucas.”

Hiru repeated, “Shut up.”

Zugai smiled, “Is Ayra rubbing off on you a bit much?”

Hiru muttered, “Shut up.”

§

Off in deep space, far away from where Kadoguchi can reach, millions of presences seemed to shift and squirm. However, it was undetected by the rest of the universe, as if it was a basic part of it. The squirming eventually stopped, and the whole universe seemed to shake.
[/spoiler]

[quote name='BlackSkullCortez' timestamp='1293545526' post='4889596']
Zugai narrowed his eyes, and they glowed red. “You’re past is clear to me, Michael Jackson the Second.”
[/quote]

I [i]actually[/i] loled.
I didn't get when everyone got bored of Fugushi's speeches, but I liked that banter xP
And damn, Hiru needs to get back in the game...
But wait, we have duel disks with holograms now >.>
Or is that just us manifesting them into real form again?
And it should be interesting seeing Ron and Fiona dueling...considering they're the strongest duelists right now .__.
Lulzy cliffhanger, we have funny banter sometimes.
A nice helping here bro.

• 2 weeks later...
Bios are great bro, looking forward to when you put the links in for stuff >.>
Just noticed a few...weird things though.
[spoiler=Lolwut?]
I entered a dueling tournament before the one I won? I thought that one was my first cuz of the press agent .-.

Sennith-"Another thing that developed it was the fact that there were shootings at his playground, so many things are easy for him."
?

Kea-"Ayra became the sole reason Kea began using the surname Keisei" but why? What would she do to make her suddenly like her last name >.>[/spoiler]

And here's a possible candidate for Ayra's theme, complete with a KH AMV for viewing pleasure xP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EEaCF_PZfM

... I might change those once I get the new Duel started. Thanks for making me rush them...
And yeah, that could possibly work. Even though I definitely heard that melody in a different song. >.>
And yes, you lost the first tournament.
But here's what happened:
The first one you entered was a smaller one.
The second one was at the peak of Duel Monsters, so you needed sponsors.

...should I be scared .-.

Yo bro, mind if I add alterations to Hiru? Wanted to differentiate him from his DEF counterpart >.> (yes I made sure everything's canon)
Even included the links for the themes xP
[spoiler=Hiru]
Height: 6’2
Dislikes: Homework, mean people, disrespect
Personality: Happy, proud, goofy, gullible
Deck: Legendary Beast Deck
Focuses around Blue-Eyes White Dragon and removing from play different monsters for different effects. Also includes fusing without Polymerization. Mostly mythical creatures based on Greek creatures.
Key Card: Blue Eyes White Dragon
Favorite Monster: Needle Burrower
Technical Ace: Chaos Sorcerer
Bio: Hiru lived practically a normal life without too many interesting things happening. He met Zugai while he was in New Jersey and they quickly became close friends. While Hiru was going to university, he witnessed Kurai Majutsu verbally abusing a young kid with a Legendary Beast Deck asking Kurai to sign it. Hiru stopped Kurai and challenged him to a duel with the kid’s Deck. He won, and the kid, not liking his Deck, let Hiru have it. Hiru was then taught by Fugushi just as Zugai had, and inherited some of his cards after Fugushi retired, just as Zugai had. He later entered a dueling tournament as soon as he became of age, lost miserably, but is trying again at the same tournament a year later.
Theme: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGcsIdGOuZY"]Hero[/url]
Theme Song: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V7aUT13qtM"]Row Row Fight the Power[/url]
Symbol: A fist with a lightning bolt on the back of it.[/spoiler]

Archived