The Official WWE/TNA Discussion Thread

OmegaWave

I LOVED WRESTLEMANIA! When the rock came out his promo was priceless!
Plus Pee Wee Herman showed up to make even more epic!
The edge vs Del Riop match was amazing Los Conquistadors are BACK YES! I have been waiing for edge and christian to get back together!
The Triple H vs Undertaker match was brilliant good fighting throughout the whole match feel bad for Undertaker though...
The john Cena vs Miz match was good its good to see some no dq once in awhile...
The 6 man tag was hilarious but Dolph really did good in that match he is getting better everyday...
The other 6 man tag was a quick and amazing match too bad Vladmir kozlov wasnt in it...
I loved the Rey Mysterio vs Cody Rhodes match it was so full of emotion...
The Michael Cole vs Jerry Lawler match was pretty amazing I never knew Michael Cole could wrestle as good as he did he tries so hard to cement that gimmick and I think its paying off...

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='AsterikcAde' timestamp='1302131239' post='5119064']
I have to say, Wrestlemania BOMBED...(in a bad way)

The Corre Vs. Big Show, Kane, Kofi, and Santino match should be the opening match since it only lasted 1 minute

Christian not being in that match to make it a Triple Threat is just....*shivers in disgust*....WHY WASN'T HE IN THE GOD DAMN MATCH!?)

I just don't get why the gimmick intergender's match came after the Taker and Triple H match, it's just a punch to the gut to the real wrestling fans right there.

Hopefully next year's Wrestlemania is better, did you guys heard the news? The main event for next year's Wrestlemania is The Rock vs. John Cena[/quote]

I thought it was very hit and miss.

Why open with a match that lasts a minute? Doesn't get you off to a good start. Disappointed it only last 5 minutes.

I keep repeating myself here... Del Rio wins the biggest rumble ever. Edge retains at Elimination Chamber. There is no possible justification anyone could give to put Christian in that match. Think it was good as was, ended well.

I asked my mates about that, apparently its to give the ground breathing time (or time to go for a beer/piss) between main events so the atmosphere doesn't burn out.

Just seen, should be awesome.

[quote name='Halubaris Maphotika' timestamp='1302135452' post='5119299']
Plus Pee Wee Herman showed up to make even more epic!

The 6 man tag was hilarious but Dolph really did good in that match he is getting better everyday...

I loved the Rey Mysterio vs Cody Rhodes match it was so full of emotion...

The Michael Cole vs Jerry Lawler match was pretty amazing I never knew Michael Cole could wrestle as good as he did he tries so hard to cement that gimmick and I think its paying off...
[/quote]

Pee Wee is silly but entertaining.

What match was that? Dolph didn't do anything. Literally, anything. Neither did Morrison.

Cody v Rey was one of the matches of the night.

Cole doesn't need to try, being a tool just comes natural to him.

PS: Note on the Hall of Fame. Kane in a tux. :lol:

[quote name='King of the Moutain' timestamp='1302228046' post='5121972']
lol, I love how every year people predict Christian's gonna turn on Edge, but then it never happens. At some point, people are just gonna give up on hoping for a Christian heel turn, then that's when its gonna happen.
[/quote]I don't want Christian to turn heel, I was hoping for Christian to be added to the Edge and Del Rio match for him to win the title and have a feud with Edge as a Face Vs. Face competitive feud, faces in pro wrestling can feud with each other, it happened before just look at the Batista/Cena Feud in the summer of 2008. But, it is not up to the fans is it? It is all up to Vince and his mediocre writers...I wish the WWE has something on their corporate website like a Storyline Suggestion Section or something...

[quote name='AsterikcAde' timestamp='1302230013' post='5122051']
I don't want Christian to turn heel, I was hoping for Christian to be added to the Edge and Del Rio match for him to win the title and have a feud with Edge as a Face Vs. Face competitive feud, faces in pro wrestling can feud with each other, it happened before just look at the Batista/Cena Feud in the summer of 2008. But, it is not up to the fans is it? It is all up to Vince and his mediocre writers...I wish the WWE has something on their corporate website like a Storyline Suggestion Section or something...
[/quote]
I want them to form a tag team again

Well, that Edge v Christian match we were all hoping for, now will never happen...

Injury forces Edge to retire

By: Greg Adkins April 11, 2011

Less than a week after his successful title defense against Alberto Del Rio at WrestleMania XXVII, World Heavyweight Champion Edge has been forced to retire from in-ring competition due to injury. The unexpected news brings to an end a storied WWE career spanning 13 years and consisting of 11 World Title reigns. (CAREER PHOTOS)

The Rated-R Superstar had been suffering numbness and uncontrollable trembling in his arms and hands. This is not the first time Edge has experienced these symptoms of nueropraxia. An MRI administered at Atlanta Midtown Diagnostic Imaging last Monday was sent to Dr. Joseph Maroon, a renowned neurosurgeon and professor of neurosurgery at The Pittsburgh School of Medicine. After careful examination of the MRI, it was determined that Edge would never be cleared to compete again, and thus, he is forced to retire.

In 2003, Edge underwent a two level spinal fusion of the discs between his C5, C6 and C7 vertebrae. After being cleared to compete, The Rated-R Superstar returned to the ring, resulting in stenosis of the spine, or a narrowing of the spinal column, above and below the fused discs. This narrowing resulted in less and less of the vital fluid needed to protect the spinal cord. Medical professionals cannot clear Edge to compete ever again in WWE since doing so could result in paralysis or even death.

Thank you Edge. There will only ever be one...

[size="7"]RATED R SUPERSTAR!!![/size]

[quote name='Bahamut ZERO' timestamp='1302578840' post='5132506']
Well, that Edge v Christian match we were all hoping for, now will never happen...

Injury forces Edge to retire

By: Greg Adkins April 11, 2011

Less than a week after his successful title defense against Alberto Del Rio at WrestleMania XXVII, World Heavyweight Champion Edge has been forced to retire from in-ring competition due to injury. The unexpected news brings to an end a storied WWE career spanning 13 years and consisting of 11 World Title reigns. (CAREER PHOTOS)

The Rated-R Superstar had been suffering numbness and uncontrollable trembling in his arms and hands. This is not the first time Edge has experienced these symptoms of nueropraxia. An MRI administered at Atlanta Midtown Diagnostic Imaging last Monday was sent to Dr. Joseph Maroon, a renowned neurosurgeon and professor of neurosurgery at The Pittsburgh School of Medicine. After careful examination of the MRI, it was determined that Edge would never be cleared to compete again, and thus, he is forced to retire.

In 2003, Edge underwent a two level spinal fusion of the discs between his C5, C6 and C7 vertebrae. After being cleared to compete, The Rated-R Superstar returned to the ring, resulting in stenosis of the spine, or a narrowing of the spinal column, above and below the fused discs. This narrowing resulted in less and less of the vital fluid needed to protect the spinal cord. Medical professionals cannot clear Edge to compete ever again in WWE since doing so could result in paralysis or even death.

Thank you Edge. There will only ever be one...

[size="7"]RATED R SUPERSTAR!!![/size]
[/quote] Even though pro wrestling is predetermined and choreographed, taking bumps for 365 days a year can put a lot of wear and tear on the performer's body, I mean they get no rest, everyday they have to go out there give out their all, WWE is like a circus to put it bluntly. I think the WWE should suggest a Off-Season for the health and welfare for the performers but no, to Vince its all about the money and in the WWE accidents do happen and can cause career trending injuries like in Edge's case, what he said on RAW that he couldn't feel his arms is a very serious thing, so it is best for him and his overall health to retire now then sooner or later. I'm going to miss Edge as an in-ring competitor, but I got a feeling that he's not going to be gone from the WWE yet, I think he's either going to play a backstage role like a Road Agent or a Color Commentator for RAW or Smackdown, or he might have a corporate job for the WWE, maybe Director of Creative Writing or something? I don't know, it is up to the WWE to decide his tenure with them. It's been a fun time with Edge, I actually consider him one of my favorite heels of all time in the WWE, I just couldn't see him doing the role as a Face, as a Heel it fits him better. The WWE giving him an 11th World Title Reign and him retiring with it as champion is the best way to retire from a career that he loved.

And oh yeah, the main event match on RAW last night was pretty awesome! Finally the WWE is pushing one of their Black Superstars, R-Truth really showed some resiliency during that 5-Man Gauntlet Match, I just hope the WWE at least give him the World Title one day, not right now but one day.

With Edge gone from WWE not only are we missing a great performer, but Smackdown's lost a tonne of credibility in terms of it's world title and the current feuds. Sure they're finally pushing Christian to cover what they lost with Edge, but it's a really majorly damaging thing, now the draft is going to need to move a face over to Smackdown and that means we'll probably have to deal with more of Cena and Orton holding titles because there won't be alternatives, really.

On another note though, I'm glad to see Edge go if it means he'll stay out of a wheel chair, and I'm grateful as hell to the man for what he did to his body really just to entertain us. I mean sure it was his dream, but really that's all it is is entertaining us. Thank you Edge.

[quote name='Skarlet' timestamp='1302920454' post='5141869']
... now the draft is going to need to move a face over to Smackdown and that means we'll probably have to deal with more of Cena and Orton holding titles because there won't be alternatives, really.[/quote]

Didn't you know, Cena is turning heel.

The draft last year saw Raw very top heavy with 'big name superstars' such as Jericho who couldn't get near the championship, whereas as Smackdown got all the young guys like Swagger, Kofi, et all. Wasn't too bad to be honest.

T.T I feel really bad about Edge. It was the Friday before his retirement announcement that I was like, "OH YEAH EDGE IS AWESOME I HOPE HE NEVER RETIRES." Then Monday night I was like, "OMG NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

At least we know one person who will be in the Hall of Fame 2012.

Cena turning heel? ROFLMAO. Yeah like that would ever happen. (It could.)

Orton Orton! Whoooo. =D

[quote name='Kitty' timestamp='1303067812' post='5146203']
T.T I feel really bad about Edge. It was the Friday before his retirement announcement that I was like, "OH YEAH EDGE IS AWESOME I HOPE HE NEVER RETIRES." Then Monday night I was like, "OMG NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

At least we know one person who will be in the Hall of Fame 2012.

Cena turning heel? ROFLMAO. Yeah like that would ever happen. (It could.)

Orton Orton! Whoooo. =D
[/quote]

Kitty's back again. Whoooo.

Can't see Edge inducted one year after leaving. More likely class of 2015/16. Was expecting Rocky to be the big name hall of famer next year, as Miami is apparently his homecity, but as he is actually competing... maybe maybe not.

Hope so, since I hoping to be there.

The WWE is in the Uk at present, Raw at the O2 Dome in london tomorrow and I... would have been going except the lady who has offered my friend a free box (his company has a lifetime box for doing all O2's cpu's) hasn't responded to his e-mails. Although someone is talking about making a Zack Ryder sign, so maybe it's still on. I dunno.

Lol at the fact two of the first three matches confirmed for extreme rules... aren't extreme in any way (although Lawler and Ross vs Cole and Swagger could be extremely painful to watch, guffaw). Come on WWE, I love this ppv!

[quote name='Identity Unknown' timestamp='1302921165' post='5141903']
Edge we will miss you so very much... Thank you... I swear if I ever make it into the WWE the first match I win Im dedicating to edge...

So I guess the list has been changed...
List of Attitude era wrestlers still wrestling in the WWE:
Triple H
Kan
The Undertaker
Christian
[/quote]

You forgot Mark Henry, Goldust & William Regal.

Anyway, Brie is only Diva's champ so Kong has someone "easy" to destroy, nothing more.

TWIN MAGIC DON'T WORK ON MONSTERS!

[quote name='Yu-gi-oh Dude' timestamp='1303072866' post='5146422']
www.justin.tv is good.

Who would have seen it coming? Brie Bella as the WWE Divas Champ? WTF?!
[/quote]

*Starts punching palm furiously... but if this means the gorgeous Eve avoids what's coming below...

[quote name='Darnez FC' timestamp='1303114627' post='5147955']
You forgot Mark Henry, Goldust & William Regal.

Anyway, Brie is only Diva's champ so Kong has someone "easy" to destroy, nothing more.

TWIN MAGIC DON'T WORK ON MONSTERS!
[/quote]

So Awesome Kong is coming to the WWE?

I assumed it was her from the frankly great promo. Bit unusual for a Diva to get such a promotion.

You suggest she will be Diva's champion on debut? Not something I'd usually like, but may work in her case.

[quote name='Bahamut ZERO' timestamp='1303118664' post='5147993']
So Awesome Kong is coming to the WWE?

I assumed it was her from the frankly great promo. Bit unusual for a Diva to get such a promotion.

You suggest she will be Diva's champion on debut? Not something I'd usually like, but may work in her case.
[/quote]

I wouldn't say on Debut necessarily. She'll probably destroy a couple of jobbers, then a "big name" (Eve, Maryse etc.), then Nikki, before getting Brie at whatever the upcoming PPV happens to be.

Merely speculation, but it would seem to be the most likely route that WWE will take.

Or she'll debut and win at Extreme Rules, either or.

I can't believe they took R-Truth out of the Main Event at Extreme Rules and replaced him with Morrison, I mean why did they write R-Truth to win the No 1 Contender Gauntlet Match and then they pencil in for him to lose the following Monday? I thought Vince and creative has changed but I am wrong, there is too much politics and underlying racism in Pro Wrestling, they really need to push their Non-White pro wrestlers...its like the Pro Wrestling Business in America is Nazism.

[quote name='AsterikcAde' timestamp='1303630326' post='5163654']
I can't believe they took R-Truth out of the Main Event at Extreme Rules and replaced him with Morrison, I mean why did they write R-Truth to win the No 1 Contender Gauntlet Match and then they pencil in for him to lose the following Monday? I thought Vince and creative has changed but I am wrong, there is too much politics and underlying racism in Pro Wrestling, they really need to push their Non-White pro wrestlers...its like the Pro Wrestling Business in America is Nazism.
[/quote]

I just saw that one.. And I must say that was kinda BS how R-Truth was just done for with one simple move while R-Truth was just beating the crap out of John Morrison before he got countered off the rope. It was complete s***

The Sin Cara and John Cena kinda stunned me, and I must say Sin Cara is a really good wrestler. Not just because he's really acrobatic but also because he grabs the attention of the audience.

Also I keep seeing Troll Faces in the Audience, WTF is up with that?

@AsterikcAde, They push him in a different angle and now his a heel and he will probably cost Jo Mo during Extreme Rules anyway and then continue to feud with him. After a long/short feud with Jo Mo, he'll be back on the title hunt maybe for the wwe or the united states or even the tag teams considering his rookie wont nxt season 4. Plus it's kinda cool how they turned him.

[quote name='AsterikcAde' timestamp='1303630326' post='5163654']
[/quote]

Maybe them wanting to turn him heel, because he is annoying, or simply becuase Morrison is a better wrestler would explain it?

Yes, R Truth is turning heel, with a water bottle gimmick, OMG :rolleyes:

[quote name='NEXUSgrave' timestamp='1303649296' post='5164026']
@AsterikcAde, They push him in a different angle and now his a heel and he will probably cost Jo Mo during Extreme Rules anyway and then continue to feud with him. After a long/short feud with Jo Mo, he'll be back on the title hunt maybe for the wwe or the united states or even the tag teams considering his rookie wont nxt season 4. Plus it's kinda cool how they turned him.
[/quote]

Steel Cage Match.

Wow is Johnny Curtis still around?

I severly hope not, he was a total dufus on NXT. Good luck getting the tag titles from Kane and Big Show.

[quote name='Bahamut ZERO' timestamp='1303071254' post='5146354']
Can't see Edge inducted one year after leaving.
[/quote]
[font="Tahoma"][b]Shawn Michaels was inducted this year after leaving last year so why not Edge?

And I'm shocked they made R-Truth a heel and dropped him out of the title match, I was hoping he'd win the match and become the new champion. Oh well I'm sure that hopefully this time JoMo wins the title but I can easily predict that R-Truth will be a distraction in the match for Morrison and set up a Morrison/Truth rivalry. [/b][/font]

Archived