The Official WWE/TNA Discussion Thread

OmegaWave

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Missed watching the draft due to work, but caught the main moves.

Given I only watch Raw and rarely ever Smackdown, this draft has severly annoyed me.

From Raw to Smackdown

John Cena - Surprised to see him go, but welcome departure
Randy Orton - Dammit, one of the main reasons I watch Raw
Mark Henry - Could have an Indian Summer to career with heel turn
Sin Cara - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, the other reason I watch Raw!!!

From Smackdown to Raw

Rey Mysterio - We want Sin Cara! Not really that bigger Rey fan.
Big Show - I had called this, but find it weird Kane hasn't gone with.
Alberto del Rio - Could go either way on star studded Raw roster. Better champion material than the other two.
John Cena - ....... <_<

The John Cena switch from RAW to SMACKDOWN to RAW was really, really, stupid and redundant, I mean really, I know that Vince is the current Head of Creative but come on Vince! What were you and your group of chimps trying to prove with that stupid angle? Geez, seriously WWE should have like a Storyline Suggestion section in their Corporate Website or something I mean the angles, kayfabe, and storylines are failing for me for the WWE. I mean how come the black guys are turning heel all of the sudden? First R-Truth now Mark Henry? Come on Vince, stop being a political kracker of a businessman!

[quote name='Identity Unknown' timestamp='1303847915' post='5170028']
Just did and I am hearing its Triple H...
[/quote]What? I read somewhere on a Pro Wrestling news website that Vince is head of creative...I guess Vince gave his favored "Son-in-law" the position to control the business, basically the person that is the head of creative controls everything that is going on in the entertainment side of the business...

[quote name='AsterikcAde' timestamp='1303848104' post='5170036']
What? I read somewhere on a Pro Wrestling news website that Vince is head of creative...I guess Vince gave his favored "Son-in-law" the position to control the business, basically the person that is the head of creative controls everything that is going on in the entertainment side of the business...
[/quote]
inb4theklique

Okay are they just changed everyone over? Too many drafts. 28 in total so far (that's not including Cena going there and back).

To RAW

Rey Mysterio
Big Show
Alberto del Rio
Kofi Kingston
Jack Swagger
Tyler Reks
Kelly Kelly
Curt Hawkins
Drew McIntyre
Chris Masters
Beth Phoenix
JTG

To Smackdown

Randy Orton
Mark Henry
Sin Cara
Daniel Bryan
William Regal
Yoshi Tatsu
Tyson Kidd
The Great Khali
Jimmy and Jey Uso
Tamina
Natalya
Alicia Fox
Ted Dibiase
Alex Riley
Sheamus

Also isn't the WWE due for a spring clean releases soon?

Cuz I had Hawkins down to go in that, along with Tarver, David Hart Smith, etc

[quote name='Identity Unknown' timestamp='1303849512' post='5170071']
TYLER REKS IS AWSOME! I cant wait to see him on RAW!
[/quote]

I like Reks as well.

Sheamus has just gone to Smackdown, meaning they have both IC and US Champions... so is Barrett going back to Raw or Sheamus to lose the belt?

28 drafts in total so far, out of a roster of about 70.

I'm sure someone will roll out a 'biggest draft ever on Smackdown'. Yeah, many drafts doesn't necessarily mean best...

[quote name='Yu-gi-oh Dude' timestamp='1304349076' post='5183886']
Kharma is scary. JC is where he belongs.
[/quote]

I agree with half of this.

Missed the PPV (reception training) but read reports/saw photos.

Michelle is gone, good. Kharma is not scary, she is absolutely TERRIFYING!!! With a capital EVERYTHING!!!

Christian is champion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I wanted Jomo and Miz to fued for the belt, Cena as champion is just going to be boring same old stuff, then he'll lose it in no time, then win it back.

Cena does not have the talent/ability to back up 10 world titles, just appeals to some major markets that others don't.

Going to mates for Raw tonight, we're all taking cakes for the Rock. So many upset stomachs in the next few hours...

Might as well add post-Raw thoughts to this.

Very disappointing show, thankfully rest of night made up.

Rocks birthday just took over completely. In two hour show, only two proper, completed matches!? Really? REALLY?

However, Michael Cole did get Rock Bottomed/People's Elbowed. That was good.

OMIGAWD OMIGAWD RANDY IS THE NEW WORLD HEAVY WEIGHT CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!! *screams*

About time too. Poor Christian, I think he deserves a rematch at the next ppv.

Also on a side note, WTF is up with Randy's new beard? D= I mean it does make him look manly, but I dun think it's his think.

[quote name='Kitty' timestamp='1304776158' post='5193142']
OMIGAWD OMIGAWD RANDY IS THE NEW WORLD HEAVY WEIGHT CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!! *screams*

About time too. Poor Christian, I think he deserves a rematch at the next ppv.

Also on a side note, WTF is up with Randy's new beard? D= I mean it does make him look manly, but I dun think it's his think.
[/quote]

I'm gonna get a slap here, but I'm devastated that the WWE only kept Christian as champion for such a short time.

Now they are turning him heel (apparently, in the same way they turned Truth heel, blaming the peeps for him accepting the match).

Haven't seen Smackdown yet but not looking forward to it, would have liked (face) Christian as Champion Charisma for a while.

Kitty: Beards like mine and Randys are great, make us look more rugged and smexy.

Well, its not a surprise that they kept Daniel Bryan and Sheamus together...they've been feuding for that US belt for a while now and its not surprising that the WWE would want to keep those two together for a while longer. The thing that's gonna scare me is the fact that Jack Swagger is on RAW and will NO DOUBT try and do something on Monday nights w/ Michael Cole....also I noticed there are a LOT more faces on RAW and heels on SmackDown...

[quote name='CREagle34' timestamp='1304779093' post='5193250']
Well, its not a surprise that they kept Daniel Bryan and Sheamus together...they've been feuding for that US belt for a while now and its not surprising that the WWE would want to keep those two together for a while longer. The thing that's gonna scare me is the fact that Jack Swagger is on RAW and will NO DOUBT try and do something on Monday nights w/ Michael Cole....also I noticed there are a LOT more faces on RAW and heels on SmackDown...
[/quote]

The whole point of the draft is split up stale rivalrys and start new ones. They split up Orton/Punk and Rhodes/Mysterio and that was about it. Bit of an overdraft.

It'll balance out in the end with turns like Mark Henry, R Truth, etc

[quote name='Bahamut ZERO' timestamp='1304777172' post='5193167']
I'm gonna get a slap here, but I'm devastated that the WWE only kept Christian as champion for such a short time.

Now they are turning him heel (apparently, in the same way they turned Truth heel, blaming the peeps for him accepting the match).

Haven't seen Smackdown yet but not looking forward to it, would have liked (face) Christian as Champion Charisma for a while.

Kitty: Beards like mine and Randys are great, make us look more rugged and smexy.
[/quote]

That's the only bad side to it. :( I like Christian as face too. But I did like the Instant Classic heel on TNA when he worked for that brand.

And ewww beards, that like my number 1 pet peeve, can't stand facial hair. DX On some people they do look decent but Randy looks more dangerous with out it.

[quote name='Kitty' timestamp='1304787488' post='5193514']
That's the only bad side to it. :( I like Christian as face too. But I did like the Instant Classic heel on TNA when he worked for that brand.
[/quote]

I accidently got spoilered on Twitter with this, because of Randy and Joey Styles being jerks and retweeting spoiling hate tweets aimed at him. So I kinda assumed Randy was going heel because that was the logical thing. But since when does WWE follow logic?

Joey Styles used to funny to read the tweets of, but now all he does is advertise Diva shoots and re-tweet Superstars (forced) plugs about WWE films and games, and blindly say how great every RAW is (apparently 2 completed matches in 2 hours to make way for all the non-funny well wishes for Rock is a perfect balance of wrestling and entertainment) Might unfollow him soon.

[quote]
And ewww beards, that like my number 1 pet peeve, can't stand facial hair. DX On some people they do look decent but Randy looks more dangerous with out it.
[/quote]

*Shaves for Kitty* XD

I look more dangerous with IMO, but my sisters hate it.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='AsterikcAde' timestamp='1306185983' post='5227817']
Which do you guys think is really stupid?
WWE planning on getting rid of Wrestling from their name or TNA renaming their company Impact Wrestling?

And here's another fun little question....Which group you think is better? Nexus or the Corre?
[/quote]

WWE would change to what exactly?

Corre, even though Punk is awesome.

Anyway, first comment on here in ages.

Over the Limit, all the matches just felt... slow. Even Sin Cara v Chavo was kinda plodding along a bit.

Randy Orton v Christian definately match of the night. Cena v Miz just ridiculous. "Yeah, I'll give up after one move". :rolleyes:

Raw tonight was pretty good, liking Bourne v Swagger match up hinted at for next PPV (remembers this time last year when Evan beat Jericho). Riley unloading on Miz was good.

However. Majorly annoyed that everything about Kharma got destroyed in about twenty seconds, what the hell was that!? And Bret Hart being a douche of a referee and Lawler being a child was kinda cringeworthy too.

Archived