The Official WWE/TNA Discussion Thread

OmegaWave

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's a rumor that creative is planning to pencil in Christian in the Del Rio vs. Edge World Heavyweight Championship match to make it a triple threat at Mania, hopefully they do because I want to see Christian winning at least one world title in his career, then maybe he can feud with Edge for a while.

[quote name='Kitty' timestamp='1300822165' post='5089777']
OMG MICHAEL COLE WILL YOU PLEASE SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!! /rage.

Well now Raw was fantastic. Randy Orton got owned..... Curse you Punk. >.<
Nice tour bus though. =D

And finally Cena shut up Alex Riley... wish it was Miz.... Oh well Wrestlemania.

And On the Triple H vs Undertaker. I'm thinking that either Shawn Michaels is gonna make a comeback and either screw Triple H or Undertaker (Honestly no one knows what Michaels is planning) or he's gonna do something. But I don't think that the streak will end. So 19-0.
[/quote]

Shawn Michaels won't come back, and the WWE certainly won't ruin his and Triple H's reputations by screwing Undertaker over and costing the streak. He's being inducted into HoF and there are enough legends involved at Mania.

A small part of me wants Miz to win at Mania. I don't like Miz as champion and I do find Cena('s ghostwriter) very charasmatic/funny, but it just becomes too predicatable for Cena to triumph every year.

Lol that Cena's last two title reigns have lasted 23 hours and 23 seconds respectively :lol: (as Tag Champion with Otunga and Miz).

[quote name='Halubaris Maphotika' timestamp='1300822869' post='5089813']
Dolph Ziggler went NUTS in that match... Man I havent seen him this good since..........................................EVER!
[/quote]

Where have you been for the last year?

@Post before that: Cole is not funny... on any level...

DB is quality (but still needs more moves) Sheamus is kinda meh.

Maryse is getting a push, she's hosting NXT with Matt Striker :lol:

[quote name='AsterikcAde' timestamp='1300848526' post='5090860']
There's a rumor that creative is planning to pencil in Christian in the Del Rio vs. Edge World Heavyweight Championship match to make it a triple threat at Mania, hopefully they do because I want to see Christian winning at least one world title in his career, then maybe he can feud with Edge for a while.
[/quote]

It's a ludicrous thing to justify in terms of his right to compete (by that I mean del Rio wins biggest ever Royal Rumble, Edge becomes only the third person to ever retain in Elimination Chamber, then Christian waltzs in after 6 months out), but this is the WWE we're talking about, you're correct, it will be a Triple Threat. Will be a better match because of it.

I heard that Mysterio is gonna leave the WWE after this year's Mania, there are sources that tell that there has been friction between Mysterio and McMahon behind the scenes ever since McMahon refuse to give Mysterio a vacation after he requested to have one that is why he had that World Heavyweight Championship run winning it from Swagger last year to keep Mysterio busy. Yeah, he's gonna leave the WWE maybe that is why they signed Sin Cara, maybe to replace Mysterio in the WWE. This is just speculation, nothing is set in stone yet.

[quote name='NEXUSgrave' timestamp='1300460284' post='5080695']
LOL, that bold part make me laugh so hard I pissed in my pants...but yeah I want to see Punk beat the hell out of Orton. Somehow, not all good wrestle can be a face....I used to love Orton but now his just boring. The writers used the same thing that heel Orton would do and say even though his a freaking face right now. And no MITB? WTF!! and Snooki? arghhhh.....Oh well.....TNA on the other hand is quite enjoyable. Saying that it's predictable, well so is WWE! TNA got something that WWE don't have and WWE have something that TNA don't have.
[/quote]

Orton isn't a face. The reason he's still saying and doing the same things heel Orton did is because he's still heel. Heels can feud with heels, and both him and Punk are heels. As for no MITB, that's because of the MITB ppv, which I agree is bull. And Snookie is for entertainment purposes. Hopefully Team LayCool wins. they actually have talent.

I don't see TNA as enjoyable at all. True, both WWE and TNA have their flaws, but at least WWE is entertaining and uses their new talent. TNA focuses only on their older talent and tends to drive torwards the bigger name stars only. Their storylines are boring and the wrestling itself is the only good thing. Plus, it doesn't have many good superstars, and I'm talking about their real ability, not what the guys in charge make them do.

[quote name='D.Michael' timestamp='1300975904' post='5093360']
Orton isn't a face. The reason he's still saying and doing the same things heel Orton did is because he's still heel. Heels can feud with heels, and both him and Punk are heels. As for no MITB, that's because of the MITB ppv, which I agree is bull. And Snookie is for entertainment purposes. Hopefully Team LayCool wins. they actually have talent.[/quote]

Orton had been a face since the nexus storyline bro but the writer has done nothing to improve his face mic skill. As for the mitb, Vince did say that if the reaction for mitb ppv is weak, he would put it back in mania but I guess he lied again....

Well, Raw....

Our usual host was on holiday so the rest of us were watching it from our seperate abodes and tweeting each other to stay awake... was quite entertaining change actually.

Kane doing the Santino trumpet... ololololololololololol

All the confrontations were pretty nice, except the catfight in a bar obviously that was cringing.

So Wade Barrett is IC champ now... lol at Kofi being on the Mania poster all year and now not on the card.

My Mania predictions:

Edge, Miz, Undertaker, Randy Orton, Jerry Lawler, Rey Mysterio, Team Snooki, Team Santino, Sheamus

[quote name='Killswitch Engaged' timestamp='1301574216' post='5102318']
Orton had been a face since the nexus storyline bro but the writer has done nothing to improve his face mic skill. As for the mitb, Vince did say that if the reaction for mitb ppv is weak, he would put it back in mania but I guess he lied again....
[/quote]

Orton isn't a face. Just because he's facing Punk, whose a heel, doesn't make him face. The writer have done nothing to improve his face mic skills? Writers don't determine mic skills, the wrestler does. A writer can't determine if a superstar is a good face or not. Orton's career rides on him being a heel. He's one of those guys who couldn't go face. Heel vs Heel feuds can happen, and they do.

[quote name='Bahamut ZERO' timestamp='1301752609' post='5107333']
Thirty three hours until Mania.

Can you dig that, sucka?

PS: Is the Hall of Fame televised? Probably irrelevant as I'm working until 3 tonight but will there be coverage on website, replays, etc?
[/quote]
It is on USA next Monday from 7:00-8:00 P.M.
[quote name='NEXUSgrave' timestamp='1301762412' post='5107913']
Anyone up for prediction?
[/quote]
1st match-Alberto Del Rio
2nd match-John Cena
3rd match-The Undertaker
4th match-Michael Cole
5th match-C.M. Punk
6th match-Cody Rhodes
7th match-Snooki, Trish Stratus, and John Morrison
8th match-Sheamus
9th match-Kane, Big Show, Santino Marella, and Vladimir Kozlov...

I'm only gonna do predictions for the main events of Wrestlemania 27:

-CM Punk Vs. Randy Orton
Winner: Punk, I see CM punk winning because maybe creative has something up their sleeves of CM Punk screwing over Orton, like for example, the referee gets knocked down in the middle of the match, Nexus doesn't come out but a new wrestler, maybe Seth Rollins from the developmental territory of WWE FCW comes in and attacks Orton and "injures" his leg even more, afterwards Punk does the GTS on Orton and gets the pin for the win. Or this could happen, a surprise appearance from Chris Jericho, you know how Orton in the story line punted Jericho in the head and caused him to have another hiatus from the WWE (in reality, he's just taking a business vacation), Jericho screws over Orton on his Mania match against CM Punk which gives him the win against Orton.

-WWE Championship Match: Cena Vs. The Miz
Winner: No Contest, I think the Rock is gonna play a major role in this match, maybe he's gonna attack both Cena and The Miz causing a double disqualification leaving the Rock in the middle of the limelight.

-World Heavyweight Championship Match: Edge Vs. Alberto Del Rio
Winner: Christian, the reason why I say Christian is because maybe Christian comes out and brawls with Alberto Del Rio during the middle of the match where Del Rio's apprentice Brodus Clay interferes in the match and then Teddy Long comes out and makes an impromptu triple threat match for the World heavyweight championship, I think this is how Christian is gonna win the World Heavyweight Championship, Edge spears Del Rio, Christian shoves Edge out of the ring pins Del Rio and steals the win from Edge and becomes the new World Heavyweight Champion, after the match Edge is in disbelief and anger, maybe in Extreme Rules a ladders match between Edge and Christian for the World Heavyweight Championship huh? That sounds nice!

-No Holds Barred: Triple H Vs. The Undertaker
Winner: The Undertaker; 19-0, yeah didn't this match happen already at another Wrestlemania? Anyways, I think this match is going to last about maybe 30-40 minutes of counters, kickouts to finishers and special spots, what I see happening is Triple H tapping to The Undertaker's Hell's Gate submission maneuver and since this is No Holds Barred, maybe The Undertaker wraps the chair around Triple H's neck and does a modified version of Hell's Gate from there and Triple H has no choice but to tap which leaves The Undertaker still undefeated in Wrestlemanias.

So yeah, those are my predictions for this year's Wrestlemania, the other matches are not even worth mentioning, I think they are just fillers so the audience could have that anticipated feeling for the main matches of this event, and I don't care if there's a Money in the Bank PPV now, why did they cut that match from Wrestlemania? I mean to me its like a tradition to have a Money in the Bank Ladder's Match at Mania and now it seems like this year has no spark or flavor to it, man Money in the Bank is the life blood to Wrestlemania! Why would they take it out! I mean last year they had TWO Money in the Banks, the one for Wrestlemania 26 and the one for the self-titled pay per view, I just don't understand the business direction of where Vince is going with this. But anyways, take it or leave it, those are my personal predictions, and if all them do happen....then s***...I'M A SEER!!!

[quote name='Halubaris Maphotika' timestamp='1301781072' post='5108976']
And just what the hell do you mean by that...?
[/quote] Well, I feel like the other matches are just fillers like a build up to the main attractions, the four matches that I gave predictions for, I mean half of the matches made in this year's Wrestlemania is was penciled in the last moment so it felt rushed and the other matches to me really had no build up (except for the Cole Vs. King match which is a waste of time because why would you pay to see an announcer get his ass kicked by a washed up old man? The only upside to that match is Stone Cold as Special Guest Referee which adds some "flare" to the match), other than that I felt that the other matches except for the ones I listed to predict had no real story line value or major build ups if you get my drift, I felt that half of the matches are just booked to fill in the spots you know?

[quote name='AsterikcAde' timestamp='1301788544' post='5109181']
Well, I feel like the other matches are just fillers like a build up to the main attractions, the four matches that I gave predictions for, I mean half of the matches made in this year's Wrestlemania is was penciled in the last moment so it felt rushed and the other matches to me really had no build up (except for the Cole Vs. King match which is a waste of time because why would you pay to see an announcer get his ass kicked by a washed up old man? The only upside to that match is Stone Cold as Special Guest Referee which adds some "flare" to the match), other than that I felt that the other matches except for the ones I listed to predict had no real story line value or major build ups if you get my drift, I felt that half of the matches are just booked to fill in the spots you know?
[/quote]
Woops im srry I took what you said the wrong way...

[quote name='Halubaris Maphotika' timestamp='1301789028' post='5109213']
I cant wait for sin cara to debut...
[/quote]I think he's gonna debut after Wrestlemania maybe to replace Mysterio as the masked luchadore because there are rumors going around that Mysterio is gonna leave the WWE after Mania, but if the rumors are wrong then I would like to see a Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio feud maybe Rey as the heel for the very first time in his WWE career? That would be awesome, or creative can pair Sin Cara and Mysterio as a tag team and win the Tag Team Championships from Slater and Gabriel. Who knows?

[quote name='AsterikcAde' timestamp='1301789624' post='5109234']
I think he's gonna debut after Wrestlemania maybe to replace Mysterio as the masked luchadore because there are rumors going around that Mysterio is gonna leave the WWE after Mania, but if the rumors are wrong then I would like to see a Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio feud maybe Rey as the heel for the very first time in his WWE career? That would be awesome, or creative can pair Sin Cara and Mysterio as a tag team and win the Tag Team Championships from Slater and Gabriel. Who knows?
[/quote]
Rey mysterio has promised he wont retire until he has lasted lo9nger in the WWe than The Undertaker has... And Sin Cara is Debuting on the Monday after Wrestlemania...

I was... kinda disappointed with Mania... it wasn't bad but there were many cringe moments and stuff. Probably because my first PPV was Wrestlemania 25 my expectations were too high.

Pissed Sheamus v Daniel Bryan was dark match, still might do it proper on Raw tonight instead.

Cody Rhodes v Rey Mysterio was really good. Tag match was pants, but there was some nice comments I heard Vince say about Santion, something like 'Every time Santino performs he scores a home run, he deserves a Wrestlemania moment'. So good on him.

Freaking epic end to Orton v Punk.

Backstage stuff, especially Zack Ryder (this man MUST be on TV more often) was hilarious, Rock and Mae Young was disturbingly funny ('inappropriate May, honestly anyone else could have walked round that corner, anyone else...) Stone Cold. Good confrontation.

Good ol' JR on commentary was cool. Cole v Lawler was kinda entertaining, shouldn't have reversed decision though. Booker T took the stunner amazingly well with the spray. Think Lawler will leave tonight.

Trips v Taker was just big crash after big crash. Hells Gates was a pretty decent way to end, with Trips slowly losing grip on the sledgehammer...

Then it died in the last two matches.

I have to say, Wrestlemania BOMBED...(in a bad way), at least I made one prediction right, Triple H did tap out to the Hell's Gate and lost to Taker making him still the undefeated champ of Wrestlemania. The other matches were way too short or not as expected (especially The Del Rio and Edge match, I mean the First Match really? The Corre Vs. Big Show, Kane, Kofi, and Santino match should be the opening match since it only lasted 1 minute and Christian not being in that match to make it a Triple Threat is just....*shivers in disgust*....WHY WASN'T HE IN THE GOD DAMN MATCH!?) But the only good two matches worthy of mentioning is CM Punk Vs. Orton and the Taker Vs. Triple H match, those two matches are main events in my opinion, I just don't get why the gimmick intergender's match came after the Taker and Triple H match, it's just a punch to the gut to the real wrestling fans right there.

Hopefully next year's Wrestlemania is better, did you guys heard the news? The main event for next year's Wrestlemania is The Rock vs. John Cena and I think the next Wrestlemania opponent for the Undertaker will either be Goldberg or Sting, I really want Sting to wrestle the Undertaker just for one night, he should really put his personal feelings for Vince aside and just do business with The Undertaker, so what if you're gonna job to the Undertaker! You're making history for the business right? Anyways, Wrestlemania 27 sucked!

Archived