YCM Member Brawl

Smesh

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='Smesh' timestamp='1288311497' post='4745951']
I'll get Overdrive.

What should it say?

Also, Dark, do you want to start YMB2 soon?
[/quote]

No, please read the page before the current one. Me and Tainted Black were discussing, and if someone wants to host a YModB (YMB with [b]only[/b] moderators), that would allow for some reaction time for the YCM community. If we have YMB2 [i]right after[/i] YMB1, we'll have generally the same results. I say we have someone else host YModB, and by the time it ends, I can start YMB2 in early December. And it'll end mid-January, if all goes as planned.

So Tainted Black, Ice, Saturn, and every mod is excluded from YMB2. Sorry, guise. D:

[quote name='Dark Link 401' timestamp='1288314169' post='4746067']
We should only start after the finals.

And dayum, my match is close O.o

One vote can either take it to overtime, or make it impossible for me to win.

O>O''

Also, my suggestions:

Just add avatar, and a link to the person's profile on their name.
Not allow other members to fill out forms if the member that needs to fill it out doesn't for some reason.
[/quote]

There are no forms in YMB2. It's literally just profile link, avatar, maybe profile pic, and any relevant name changes (like have in Larxene's battles say that she was Clairex before, or whatever).

[quote name='Smesh' timestamp='1288400364' post='4748210']
Final Round is up.

Dark, you ready for YMB2?
[/quote]

I can start YMB2 any time, really, but I say we wait for the YCM population to settle down a bit and [i]change[/i], so that the results are not duplicated.

If we are doing a YModB, who is hosting it?

[quote name='Dark' timestamp='1288401498' post='4748298']
I can start YMB2 any time, really, but I say we wait for the YCM population to settle down a bit and [i]change[/i], so that the results are not duplicated.
[/quote]

Anywhere from now to a week from now. Your choice.

And I guess Fusion can do it. Just need verifaction from him.

YModB is a pretty quick thing, too, and only serves two purposes. One, so that moderators are actually taking part in this battle-esque rampage that is infesting polls at the moment, and two, so that we can actually have a month grace period between YMB1 and YMB2. Because if we don't have such a grace period, the only thing that'll change is that Ice, Saturn, and Tainted won't be involved, but everyone else will still have the same popularity. Whereas if we wait a month, Clair might (hopefully not, but you never know) die and would not be considered for YMB2, or something stupid like that. YCM is very fickle when it comes to popularity of members.

And besides, it's a few rounds and that's it.

24 --> 12 --> 6 --> 3 --> 1

That's it; only four rounds.

@ Smesh: Two things.

One, I'm unsure why you are rushing YMB2 so much. We definitely want the results to be different, and we might as well wait for a month and view the changes to the forum, which will thus reflect the changes to YMB2. And even if the results are the same, at least we tried.

And two, having YMB2 and YModB at the same time takes popularity away from both of them, I feel. I mean, with all the battle polls in Polls right now, people don't want to take part in three or four different tournaments.

[quote name='Dark' timestamp='1288401983' post='4748335']
@ Smesh: Two things.

One, I'm unsure why you are rushing YMB2 so much. We definitely want the results to be different, and we might as well wait for a month and view the changes to the forum, which will thus reflect the changes to YMB2. And even if the results are the same, at least we tried.

And two, having YMB2 and YModB at the same time takes popularity away from both of them, I feel. I mean, with all the battle polls in Polls right now, people don't want to take part in three or four different tournaments.
[/quote]

You're right. I'm just impatient ><

It really is your call when to start it, since it [i]is[/i] yours.

I don't want to feel as if the entire thing is mine, since although I am running it, it was your idea originally. You definitely should have some say.

I say we wait until the YModB is over, and then play it by ear when we want to start YMB2. I didn't expect to start it in the near proximity, especially since YCM has not changed whatsoever since the start of YMB1 (okay, maybe a [i]bit[/i]).

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1288403112' post='4748379']
I don't care really, I'll host YModB if you want.
I just needa know which mods count and which ones don't.
[/quote]
As of now:

No Umbra
No God KAze
No opa555
No testmod

I can get you both of Shadius' accounts.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1288403470' post='4748404']
He has 2?
How about we just use his main one.
So aside from those, EVERY mod on the modding team is included?
[/quote]
Yes.

Also, he has the one now (AKA his 2 Star account)
And his real one (Lost due to servor errors- no name on the profile)

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1288403741' post='4748424']
Let's just go with the one he's using now.
So there are 24 in total?
Alright, I'll put it up when the last round ends.
How long is that anyway?
[/quote]
No, both >_>

The one he's using now has no mod info/will make him look like a joke.

48 hours.

@ Smesh: Yeah, it won't last for more than three weeks. Don't worry, I don't plan on delaying YMB2 'till next year. xD

@ You All:

I think we should replace some mod with testmod; it would be so cool to have testmod in YModB, and I can think of a few people who'd vote for testmod over some others. =P

Also, Round 1 (24 going down to 12) should be 24 hours, Rounds 2 and 3 (12 going down to 6; 6 going down to 3) should be 48 hours, Round 4 (3 going down to 1) should be 72 hours. Just my two cents.

[quote name='Dark' timestamp='1288404428' post='4748447']
@ Smesh: Yeah, it won't last for more than three weeks. Don't worry, I don't plan on delaying YMB2 'till next year. xD
[/quote]

[s]YCM Awards[/s] I just want the unneccesary ego boost that I strive for for some unknown reason.

And if you replace opa555 with testmod, there are 24.

But testmod and opa don't really matter.

Archived