YCM Member Brawl

Smesh

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<_____<

Usually I yell at people for not noticing I am sarcastic. Now I'm going to yell at you for thinking I was sarcastic when I wasn't.

Does my personality dictate that if I am pleased about something, I am not allowed to use a happy-face? Or is that just what you perceive of me?

Does this look better and more sincere to you?:

[i]Yeah, I'll definitely contact him about this, since I would love a similar design for the YMB2.

=/ [/i]

I've seen you use a smily, like, twice. So, I assumed using it twice in a short time = Sarcasm.

That, and I've never known you to give such praises.

EDIT: No... But, removing the smily, or putting it at the end of the sentence, would have...

So just because I am a general ass and pessimist means I cannot be pleased with something? Isn't that a bit of a drastic view?

And how does this

[i]Yeah, I'll definitely contact him about this, since I would love a similar design for the YMB2. =D[/i]

look any different from

[i]Yeah, I'll definitely contact him about this, since I would love a similar design for the YMB2.

=D [/i]

that?

I don't understand how the context of the posts changes if I put the smiley at the end of the sentence as opposed to on a seperate line, and the first could [i]still[/i] be viewed as sarcasm if you really assumed I could not be pleased with anything.

And how does the smiley (even if it does come from me) have anything to do with sarcasm? If you've seen my posts, it is more often than not quite obvious if I am being sarcastic or not. And more often than not, I use :3 and =P quite often to express praise and pleasure, so am I restricted from using =D because I formed a habit in your eyes?

I would like an explanation, good sir.

Well, most people that use smilies use them a lot. Two in a row seemed extreme.

Putting the smiley at the bottom makes it seem like an after note. It's sarcastic, feeling. I've seen people do a whole sarcastic post, and then just put a smiley at the bottom, for teh lulz/making it more obvious.

See above. I've only seen you use those two about... Twice for :[b][/b]3 and a few for =P.

You are not restricted, in any way. I cannot control you, now can i?

[quote name='Fading Black' timestamp='1288733990' post='4757668']
Well, most people that use smilies use them a lot. Two in a row seemed extreme.

[b]Yes, most people. However, when I have ever used smileys in excess? Just because I used :3 and =D to express praise on the worksmanship of the signature does not mean I was being sarcastic, and it was a very blatant assumption made by yourself. "Two in a row" should not count for anything; the fact of the matter is that I use smileys, period. If I didn't use smileys whatsoever, you could make a case. But if my post included seventy =D's and six thousand =P's, you cannot say I was being sarcastic unless the content of the post leaned towards it.[/b]

Putting the smiley at the bottom makes it seem like an after note. It's sarcastic, feeling. I've seen people do a whole sarcastic post, and then just put a smiley at the bottom, for teh lulz/making it more obvious.

[b]Well, you've never seen [i]me[/i] make a sarcastic post, then. Why don't you check out that new thread in General, "My dream girl." Maybe then you'll understand how and when I use sarcasm.[/b]

See above. I've only seen you use those two about... Twice for :3 and a few for =P.

[b]That's your fault for not stalking my posts enough to understand when and where I use smileys, and when they are used in sarcasm (note: not very often).[/b]

You are not restricted, in any way. I cannot control you, now can i?

[b]No, but in your eyes and your perception of me, it seems that I am restricted in the sense that I cannot make a serious post and include a smiley.[/b]
[/quote]

I thought it might very well be... You mentioned it in 2 places...

I've seen you use sarcasm, but I don't put anything past people.

I don't stalk you! HOW HORRID! =/ So, I've not seen a ton of your sarcasm.

Look, I'm as human as the next guy/girl. I made a misjudgement, because I assumed. You know what that does. I was wrong. I am sorry.

Archived