YCM Member Brawl

Smesh

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='J-Max' timestamp='1288303962' post='4745641']
Egotesticle is a epic word. Rolls off the tounge :P I thought it was a Typo at first. How about a Mod Special?
[/quote]

The first time I used it, a few months back, it [b]was[/b] a typo. But essentially I started using it over egotistical just because it sounds like a bit of a play on words. Ego obviously means being full of oneself, but adding "testicle" makes it seem like the saying "mine is bigger than yours".

[quote name='Tainted Black' timestamp='1288304013' post='4745644']
I see no reason why not. Mods can't be in the normal YMB anyways.

Whaddya say, Dark, Smesh? Maybe Fusion can do that one? Just, all the mods randomized?
[/quote]

Yeah, I refuse to let mods in YMB. That is unfair. D:

Err, I don't really want to handle something as small-scale as that. But someone count the total number of mods and I can make a pseudo-bracket system for that. 16 seems optimal but really short, 20 could potentially work, 24 would be nice.

Former mods included (including the former mods that aren't listed, of which I know a few), we could [i]attempt[/i] to get to 32, but it may be in vain.

If we want to go the 24 route...

24 --> 12 --> 6 --> 3 --> 1

So, four rounds.

And for the person that is dumped, that is the choice of whoever is running the YModB (love the name? good, you shouldn't).

Well, we have 3 Formers (J-Max excluded). Shadius, due to server issues, Umbra, and God Kaze.... That's 28.

I say we cut Umbra, Kaze, Opa555, and Test Mod. The first two for being Ex-Mods, and the latter for being test Mods.

I say keep Shadius, because he did not resign.

4 Rounds is nice.

Do realize that by the time we've finalized moderators for the YModB, the YCMthropology thread will have already convinced YCMaker to moderate some other people, including a CC and RP mod, or something you guys were talking about.

Let's not finalize anything until we are sure within a week's time someone is willing to take responsibility for the YModB. It should be started before the YMB2, just to give people a grace period between YMB1 and YMB2. Since if we let more time pass, the results are bound to be moreso different than if we let a whole two days pass.

I wouldn't say two months sounds about right.

Let's just assume that YModB starts on November 10th.

Four rounds, each round approximately taking two to three days. So think between eight to twelve days. So that would put us around Thanksgiving.

So if we start YMB2 around early December, it'd be finished before mid-January. And between now and the start of December, a lot of things can change in terms of activity and people's perception of many YCMembers.

So a one month grace period seems good enough, and we'd have at least a week (plus) between YMB1, YModB, and YMB2.

We should only start after the finals.

And dayum, my match is close O.o

One vote can either take it to overtime, or make it impossible for me to win.

O>O''

Also, my suggestions:

Just add avatar, and a link to the person's profile on their name.
Not allow other members to fill out forms if the member that needs to fill it out doesn't for some reason.

1. I'm pissed off that despite being constantly active for over 2 years no one submitted me.
2. How the F*CK did Dark Link 401 get this far? The only way that is possible is that Clubs & Orgs [s]wankers[/s] [s]tossers[/s] [s]Alfred's encyclopaedia of English insults[/s] members have block-voted Eastern European-style to get him to Round 4.

EDIT: This means that Dark Link 401 is better AND more famous than:

Dark
Eury
Smesh
Nii-Chan
Armadilloz
WiiOmi
Catman
Mariza-ze
VK
Dane
Judgment Dragon (arguably this site's best TCG player, bar byakk, Crab and Manjoume)
JG.
Twig
J-Max

Clubs & Orgs is too damn powerful.

1. *Shrug* Not everyone got nominated. Time ended.
2. I voted for DL. He's one of my better friends on the site. Besides, I think the betterquestion is... how did I beat Clair/Dark/Get to the Final Round?

EDIT: It means nothing of the sort.
He went against Fusion, and won.
He went against Smesh, and won.
He went against Essence, and won.

The randomizer did it.

[quote name='Tainted Black' timestamp='1288378212' post='4747202']
1. *Shrug* Not everyone got nominated. Time ended.
2. I voted for DL. He's one of my better friends on the site. Besides, I think the betterquestion is... how did I beat Clair/Dark/Get to the Final Round?

EDIT: It means nothing of the sort.
He went against Fusion, and won.
I'll edit with the others.
[/quote]

Overpopular? Favor?

Anyways, the SaturnPaladin vs Dark Link 401 will end soon. It's pretty much closing in tight. May I post the last round?...

It was close for a while.

Now, I have no way of catching up.

Not only do I not have any more C&O buds, but time is also running out.

And I'm 3 behind.

@Alfred - Well, see, I knew from the start I was horribly lucky.

I started off with a default win
I went against my best friend, and we both have pretty much the same friends, so I'm just lucky some of them picked me over him, but I shot ahead at the end somehow.
I went off against Smesh, a not TOO popular, but still quite popular member. Again, close, but I shot ahead in the end.
When faced with a real challenge, while I put up a big fight, I still am gonna lose.

Also, Alfred, you obviously haven't seen my other 4000+ posts, which happen to come from CC section, and RPs, so I'm not like some C&O Lurker, I just prefer it there.

And, obviously I got this far because I have friends, even ones that will try until the last second to get me in this tourney (I thank Fusion for that, shame I was the one who eliminated him)

And you obviously were not nominated because yours had better people to nominate.

[quote name='Dark Link 401' timestamp='1288379952' post='4747260']
It was close for a while.

Now, I have no way of catching up.

Not only do I not have any more C&O buds, but time is also running out.

And I'm 3 behind.

@Alfred - Well, see, I knew from the start I was horribly lucky.

I started off with a default win
I went against my best friend, and we both have pretty much the same friends, so I'm just lucky some of them picked me over him, but I shot ahead at the end somehow.
I went off against Smesh, a not TOO popular, but still quite popular member. Again, close, but I shot ahead in the end.
When faced with a real challenge, while I put up a big fight, I still am gonna lose.

Also, Alfred, you obviously haven't seen my other 4000+ posts, which happen to come from CC section, and RPs, so I'm not like some C&O Lurker, I just prefer it there.

And, obviously I got this far because I have friends, even ones that will try until the last second to get me in this tourney (I thank Fusion for that, shame I was the one who eliminated him)

And you obviously were not nominated because yours had better people to nominate.
[/quote]

I have little real friends on this site. Having a borderline Autistic level of logic and a schizophrenic temper isn't good for making friends on the internet. But IRL I have a really deep voice and I'm sort of ruggedly good-looking (SORT OF, I said), which means I get friends anyway. And I play Piano and have a ridiculously good memory (I can memorize entire books and recount pages from memory upon naming the page number).

I'm also mainly active in TCG (where most of my friends are) and not many people in TCG venture out to other forums. My popularity massively decreased after I stopped posting in General.

And about Smesh, I never liked him, though his YCMthropology thread is for a good cause. He's like Bono from U2 but far less of a prick - does good things but I dislike him.

But from your post, I gather that most of your posts are in Clubs & Orgs and the RP section, two notoriously secretive (in that they are members and application only) and fraternal sections (from rather in-depth experiences, being in an RP or a Club makes you feel a Mafioso and like the Mafia, clubs can get very violent towards each other (lol Fake Knights).

[quote name='Älfred-Kün' timestamp='1288380525' post='4747279']
But from your post, I gather that most of your posts are in Clubs & Orgs and the RP section, two notoriously secretive (in that they are members and application only) and fraternal sections (from rather in-depth experiences, being in an RP or a Club makes you feel a Mafioso and like the Mafia, clubs can get very violent towards each other (lol Fake Knights).
[/quote]
... wat.

RPs are not like that in any way. They are not secretive, you just have to be up to snuff with your app.

Clubs are not secretive either, just the same as RPs. Furthermore, most clubs are not violent (Not even the FTK anymore. It's a joke). The only thing that IS there is a friendly sort of "Who has the biggest club?" thing going on. It used to be between my club, R.P.820, Club Pikachu, and Organizaion XIII. Now, mine is second place (Due to the original plus a remake due to page glitch), and the Orgy is undeniably first. That's all there is, really.

Also, being in a club/RP does not make you feel special, unless you are a new members. they are just chat boards, basically.

BLACK, AL GAVE ME AN AMAZING IDEA

LET US NOT MAKE APPS FOR RPS, AND INSTEAD ALLOW ANYONE TO JOIN WITHOUT A PLANNED CHARACTER OF ANY SORT. LET THERE BE CHAOS AND DISRUPTION, AT LEAST IT KEEPS US FROM BEING MAFIA.

BEST FAUKIN IDEA

But really, some clubs (the best clubs) usually don't even have an app, you post to join.

Archived