"God did not create the universe" - Stephen Hawking

Catterjune

We shouldn't have to confirm such an obvious statement. All logic points to how silly the concepts of God worshipped on Earth are.

At any rate, reasons have been littered throughout the thread. Go find them and stop making posts with no legitimate content in them whatsoever already. You're about 0 for 6 at this point.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We shouldn't have to confirm such an obvious statement. All logic points to how silly the concepts of God worshipped on Earth are.

At any rate, reasons have been littered throughout the thread. Go find them and stop making posts with no legitimate content in them whatsoever already. You're about 0 for 6 at this point.

This is exactly what I told you not to do. If I didn't think what I said was stupid before, why I would I know? You say not to make posts with no legitimate content, yet you make a post as simple as

"I am an atheist. Religion sucks. You are an idiot," even though it's quite obvious you're atheist, think I'm stupid, and don't like religion. Why don't you go back through the thread and look at how you've been posting the same s*** over and over.

For the last f***ing time, I'm not trying to argue against your viewpoint as an atheist. I'd love it if we could all just keep to ourselves and enjoy the freedom we have to practice religion or not practice religion as we see fit. But you insist on starting a fight. Tell me, are you against the building of the ground zero mosque because it was cause more religious practice?

it's quite obvious you're atheist

Yeah, proof that you haven't been reading what I said once it got a bit to large for you. I've given reasons throughout and I'm not going to say them just for you to ignore them and repeat this all over again.

I've said this so many f***ing times in the same thread now. Get it through your thick skull and don't try to respond with "you haven't proved anything" and "just love all religions and respect our choices you filthy atheist". I'm not going to respect something because someone believes in it. Unless you can give me some level of validity in your religion I will not say that it's great of you to base your life off of a 9000 year old fairytale.

And I haven't been trashing on the right to freedom of religion. As I've said(to be expected when I'm regurgitating points you're too lazy to look at) religion is dying on its own. Shame it won't be entirely gone for another generation or two, though.

@Dark: If anyone had the time to make it, a play alternating between a past with religion and future without it would be pretty cool.

Love? Filthy atheist? You really did misunderstand me. I never expected you to respect the theory itself. No one is forcing you to think any better of it, you can ridicule it as much as possible. By respect, I meant that you need to accept the fact that people really do believe the s*** they talk about, and no amount of "scientific evidence" is going to change that.

And Dark, you've complained multiple times about religion having a negative effect on your life, but going out of your way to attack it is not going to help.

So the final debate is this then:

"We work by science, facts, and supported evidence. We also find your personal belief(s) to not be plausible. Please keep them to yourselves."

"We believe in a higher power. A personal belief, that by the law of the Constitution shall not infringe upon your civil rights. Therefore, while we practice our own beliefs, we respect (most of us) what you shall hold true."

"Well, I'm a radical, and regardless of your SCIENZE, Bible is fact."

Sound about right? I can accept science. Without a doubt. Hell, without it, I wouldn't have gotten as I have today. And I for one agree that scinece and religion should stay separate. While my religion can't be proven, science can, which is why it's taught as fact. What I don't understand--cuz I hear this a lot-- is the whole "one bad apple ruins the bunch".

Really? I'm not a radical dumbass that I can't see right from wrong, law from theory, belief from fact. I don't want to be associated with religious radicals who think "God flipped Iceland's flag upside down to symbolize evil". I think it's those same people who don't know God like I know Him. And to say your a Christian and go off on some trip like that, you might as well be burned at the stake. You're a false prophet and an idiot. /rant

Love? Filthy atheist? You really did misunderstand me. I never expected you to respect the theory itself. No one is forcing you to think any better of it, you can ridicule it as much as possible. By respect, I meant that you need to accept the fact that people really do believe the s*** they talk about, and no amount of "scientific evidence" is going to change that.

And Dark, you've complained multiple times about religion having a negative effect on your life, but going out of your way to attack it is not going to help.

Then you're arguing against nothing. I already do what you're trying to tell me to do. Everything I said was done only when inquired to do so and provoked. Quit being dumb man.

Then you're arguing against nothing. I already do what you're trying to tell me to do. Everything I said was done only when inquired to do so and provoked. Quit being dumb man.

See? We have no real problem. I've been trying to resolve this from the beginning.

@Revenant Black

+1 for actually getting it.

• 3 months later...

We human beings have learned so much yet know so little. Is it possible that our desire for GOD is just a desire to explain what we dont know and a desire that we are not alone in the universe? And is it possible that if there is a creator he wouldnt likely look human?

We human beings have learned so much yet know so little. Is it possible that our desire for GOD is just a desire to explain what we dont know and a desire that we are not alone in the universe? And is it possible that if there is a creator he wouldnt likely look human?

He was human once we humans have the potential to become divine... The man we call "God" in the Christian religion was once a human who understood this principle and became divine.... He created the earth and the beings in it *except us humans* we have the power to create our own reality...

He was human once we humans have the potential to become divine... The man we call "God" in the Christian religion was once a human who understood this principle and became divine.... He created the earth and the beings in it *except us humans* we have the power to create our own reality...

not what i meant but if god created life who created god in christianity

not what i meant but if god created life who created god in christianity

As I said before God was once human... In understanding the truth the Humans have Divine potential he harnassed this power and created earth... However when the humans came to his planet he did not want them to understand the same principle and grow more powerful than him so he created Jesus to spread christianity around... However Jesus ended up preaching about the one principle he didnt want him to teach and beyond that is unknown...

But Identity is right.

A lie told often enough becomes the truth.

Furthermore, the minimum amount of people needed to create an universe are two: a creator, and a believer.

An universe sustained by just 2 people may not live long.

On the other hand, one with 2 billions...

*Pardon the lack of love~ ;3

Archived