"God did not create the universe" - Stephen Hawking

Catterjune

I love how you guys will bash religious people for "thinking that they're right" and Dark clearly just stated that his opinion the absolute facts are superior to everything and cannot be effected in any way by any other beliefs.

I also love how people will stereotype religious people as being intolerant, yet I seem to be the only one that just wants everyone to get along, where the rest of you keep claiming that your beliefs lack of beliefs need to be held above all else in society.

And before you respond to this calling me a liar, ignorant, an idiot, or whatever, just know that pointless name calling really is redundant, no matter how much you say that your claim is supported by evidence and facts and what-not.

Can any of you please be tolerant of other beliefs? And no, "I'm OK with it as long as it shows no sign of existing" is not tolerance.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I apologize, but I actually misunderstood Godwin's law. From what it seems, it was never properly explained to me, and upon viewing the Wikipedia article I noticed my stupidity. I assumed that Godwin's law stated that the probability of a discussion or reference involving Hitler would approach one, as opposed to a comparison. My apologies.

@ ADHD: lol

The boy is always good for a chuckle.

We may think that we're right with our proof and our observations on the real world and our logic, but we have to respect detrimental thoughts because not doing so will offend somebody.

And making sure to not offend someone is worth a lot more than advancing society and being actually correct about something.

Tony, schools don't work like that. They focus on what's real.

Do you have any idea how arrogant you both sound right now? I never implied that creation should be taught in public schools, nor that global warming should be ignored. Where the hell did you gather that information?

You want us to respect dumb ideas without any basis behind them, but we won't. And the population is ever so slowly sharing our opinion, as those that embrace the logical conclusion seldom turn on it. Once religion becomes less and less popular, there will be less children like yourself convinced to believe in something from birth and the whole radical belief system will no longer have popular opinion to rationalize its behavior.

You want us to respect dumb ideas without any basis behind them, but we won't. And the population is ever so slowly sharing our opinion, as those that embrace the logical conclusion seldom turn on it. Once religion becomes less and less popular, there will be less children like yourself convinced to believe in something from birth and the whole radical belief system will no longer have popular opinion to rationalize its behavior.

Since you clearly show no intention of being tolerant or open minded at all, then forget it. I've tried to respect your beliefs, but if you really think that people shouldn't have religious freedom, then fine. You don't think people should have to respect dumb ideas? Then shove your atheism back up your ass, and gtfo. You insist on shoving your lack of beliefs down the throats of others, and refuse to coexist with anyone who doesn't share your point of view.

If you really are an atheist, if you really don't believe in an afterlife, you shouldn't care what other people think, when they're not even affecting you.

...and the whole radical belief system will no longer have popular opinion to rationalize its behavior.

Please tell me what's so irrational about the behavior of non-extremist religious people.

Since you clearly show no intention of being tolerant or open minded at all, then forget it. I've tried to respect your beliefs, but if you really think that people shouldn't have religious freedom, then fine. You don't think people should have to respect dumb ideas? Then shove your atheism back up your ass, and gtfo. You insist on shoving your lack of beliefs down the throats of others, and refuse to coexist with anyone who doesn't share your point of view.

If you really are an atheist, if you really don't believe in an afterlife, you shouldn't care what other people think, when they're not even affecting you.

Please tell me what's so irrational about the behavior of non-extremist religious people.

Obviously we all want the creation of a militant state where people are reduced to mindless drones in service to Richard Dawkins and using their souls in Satanic rituals to keep Christopher Hitchens from succumbing to cancer.

I believe it should all be taught in public schools but people should choose which road they take. Evolution, Creationism, AAT, Intelligent Disign, etc.

The problem with this is that their are multiple opinions, but only one verifiable fact, so to do that would require modification of the standards for what can be taught in schools. Should we also teach that the Holocaust didn't happen? That the moon landing was a hoax? That some other conspiracy theory I can't think of right now?

Try saying something with content of STFU, ADHD. I'm not going to respect something with no logic behind it. But no matter how many times I go over how respect should be earned you spout the same stupid crap about how arrogant I'm being for calling an apple an apple.

I'm not shoving anything down anyone's throat; I'm just pointing out how dumb the belief is. Forcing your beliefs on others are for the religious to do. Logic works on its own for those willing to listen, so it doesn't need to shove anything down anyone's throat. And I'm not even an atheist, you silly little derp.

I don't care about the passive religious. Notice how I said radical.

"Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular."

We already found out that it was you a page or two back. Try to keep up.

And a course in Creationism would be poor because there is nothing to really learn about it. Since it's a fabricated concept it only comes down to the basic principle of it. God flicked his wrist and made a lot of stuff; it's just what it says on the can.

And a course in Creationism would be poor because there is nothing to really learn about it. Since it's a fabricated concept it only comes down to the basic principle of it. God flicked his wrist and made a lot of stuff; it's just what it says on the can.

Im starting to wonder who the blatantly stupid one is.

Of course you are. You're too much of an idiot to put one and one together and arrive at a conclusion as to what is fact and what is bullshit myth, so you've yet to determine on account of all the evidence compiled in this thread that you're the blatantly stupid one. But don't worry, we already have.

Just let me know if you're wondering anything else, my mentally disabled friend.

We use rhetoric and reasons. You use poor rhetoric and no reasons. I always make a substantial response to any new points you brought up. And I literally shot down every point you brought up against evolution. And ever since you've been repeating the same old thing about tolerance and saying that everything was just as likely to be true and that we could never possibly change your opinion no matter how much evidence we provided.

you want your not going to change my mind so you might as well give up.
And by the way ingorance means refusing to Accept or Tolerate certain Ideas,

You're definitely a troll. No one would be this dumb.

(lets ignore for a moment that, ironically, you didn't even know the proper definition of ignorance)

You can't give reasonable evidence for your claims, so they won't be respected. An apple is an apple.

Archived