The Anime-tion Club of YCM

Shadow Zero

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='Shadow Zero' timestamp='1289507112' post='4777162']
Also, I think it started right after Aniki joined, or shortly thereafter, because he was watching the duel.
[/quote]
[s]Cool, I ruined a duel.[/s]

What kind of deck do you run Shadow? I might be interested in dueling it.

Oh and guys, leave Black alone about Gurren Lagann. It's a fun show not an "OMG YOU MUST WATCH IT OR YOU'RE NOT COOL AND YOU NEED TO DIE" show. No need to start a conflict over watching an anime, lol.

Eh, doesn't seem to interesting. Actually, I'm pretty much just too lazy to make an account.

I've already watched the anime. Here's a funny story about it. I always thought Gokudera was going to use a revolver since he had those other flames. So I was a bit pi**ed when I saw the spoiler for the next episode and it was going to be a crappy bow. G's Archery? What's more obvious than that? The next day I had to go to camp for a week so I couldn't watch it when it came out subbed. So during that week I actually did some archery and loved it. So I come back and the episode had already been out for a few days so I watched it (this was after fixing the computer that always seems to have something wrong with it when I come back and a few other things that i'm not willing to mention). So since I now liked archery I didn't mind that Gokudera had a bow. Awesome bow by the way. Still would have thought a revolver would be more awesome though.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1289509277' post='4777272']
What is Gurren Lagann about anyway?

And now I hear about Gurren a lot, someone mind telling me?
[/quote]
Basic scenario: People live deep underground in small cities where things are generally dull and depressing. Simon the main character is a digger and all he does is dig tunnels. One day he finds a machine in the ground and a small drill. He has a crazy friend named Kamina who wants to go to the surface of the world. An enormous machine falls in on their city along with a girl who's fighting it. Using the machine they found they kill it and fly out to the surface. From there they decide to liberate the human race from the beast-men who've been oppressing them. Then a lot fun plot complications come up along the way.

The whole things tends to run on Awesome and the Rule of Cool. If you want to watch something entertaining, watch it. Either language works though I personally prefer the dub.

The response from the fanbase has it horribly overhyped. It's a good show and several memes have come of it, mostly anything Kamina says, but I don't believe anything is really worthy of [b]all[/b] the hype Gurren Lagann gets. Like anything overrated, it's good but not "OMG PERFECTION" as some would have you believe.

Archived