The Anime-tion Club of YCM

Shadow Zero

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, I can't even recall what the first anime I ever saw was. I want to say it was Pokemon soon followed by DBZ or possibly the reverse order.
Anyway, Toonami and the animes it showed while it was running were what got me into watching anime like DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho and is probably the reason I'm still into it now.

@Black: Nice preemptive shut up. Though I wouldn't really be able to say anything since I saw it too. xD

Oh right, Pokemon.
Okay, scratch what I said, but still, those 2 shows had a major influence on me.
Ton of Pokemon and DBZ action figures when I was little..
I saw a little of Cardcaptor Sakura which I half-loved and half-hated, and also Sailor Moon (I WAS FORCED BY MY FRIEND WHO WAS A GIRL TO WATCH IT SHUT UP)
EDIT: I'm nominating Tom from Toonami in the next YGT.

I really don't know since I watched and had seen a lot of stuff around the same time. Digimon, DBZ, Gundam, and yes I had seen a little Sailor Moon. It was on and I was little. I had no idea what I was watching. Only the first three really effected me now. Another anime with a major role in my life was Yu-Gi-Oh. Yes Yu-Gi-Oh. I came home from school one day and flipped through channels and saw an odd show that for some reason I was drawn too. This was in Kindergarten so whatever looked cool would draw me in. I would watch it everyday after school ever since that day. Well until the scheduling changed and all that other stuff. Though digimon was a Saturday morning thing for me it probaly had the same effect as Yu-Gi-Oh but Yu-Gi-Oh had the card game to go with it. I remember older kids actually playing it at recess...until it was banned for who knows why. Probaly problems with theft or something. Can't blame them. I've had a whole ton of good cards stolen before. Wow, I need to work on keeping track of the subject. I went way off.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1290228970' post='4796919']
Oh right, Pokemon.
Okay, scratch what I said, but still, those 2 shows had a major influence on me.
Ton of Pokemon and DBZ action figures when I was little..
I saw a little of Cardcaptor Sakura which I half-loved and half-hated, and also Sailor Moon (I WAS FORCED BY MY FRIEND WHO WAS A GIRL TO WATCH IT SHUT UP)
EDIT: I'm nominating Tom from Toonami in the next [b]YGT[/b].
[/quote]

Being off for a year is fun because I have no idea what that is.

Now excuse me as I cry in the corner because I miss toonami so much...I know what will cheer me up. Deep fried hamster. :lol:

You mean with the holograms and everything? I agree, and contrary to popular belief the technology for it DOES exist.Unfortunately, you need stuff that is currently military grade, and even then the creation of duel disks apparently has copyright infringement inducing capabilities. People have apparently been sued for their attempts to create dueul disks before on the grounds of said copyright infringement. Personally, I feel that that reasoning for not creating duel disks, and I mean real ones, is bull. <_<

Archived