[AoS] Archetype - Gamets [40/40]

Anbu-of-Sand

[quote name='forteller' timestamp='1291168262' post='4821539']
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1792/190750x.jpg
Lore:
This card is also treated as a Warrior-Type monster. You can Special Summon this card when you control 1 Level 5 or higher "Gamet" monster. Once per turn, when a card effect in any Column would target or affect a "Gamet" card(s) you control, you change the target / make the card affect this card instead. If the card is not in the same Column as this card, the card's effect is negated, and the card is destroyed. This effect can only be used while you control at least 1 other "Gamet" monster in a Column next to this card.

Lmao holy cow this card is a beast!!!!!
so lets see its put a stop on anything that targets or Affects????? op no card does that much protecting. this effect stops everything????
Dark hole
Light Vortex
Mirror Force
come on dude thats just not right
Unless im misunderstand the word affects which i dont think i am
i saw u tried to balance it with the last effect but idkj if it really works because with the first effect the cool special summon condition the last effect would be rather null and void
That is true when you think about it, but even though the card may be somewhat overpowering, I think the whole once per turn part balances it out from complete overpowers. Although like Heroic Villain I believe, I will consider changing it a bit to balance the card.[/b]

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/6536/190750s.jpg
This card is also treated as a Warrior-Type monster. You can Special Summon this card when 1 of your opponent's Columns are full. Once per turn, you can increase your opponent's Life Points by 1000. When this card is removed from the field, you can draw 1 card, OR make your opponent remove from play 1 card in their hand, OR increase your Life Points by 1200 for every 1000 Life Points your opponent gained by this effect.

This is a really cool effect btw but this card can be put in a mist valley deck and get hyper abused as you can get this effect by returning it to your hand and still summon it again i a little too much id say. u should just make it when is sent from field to grave because anything esle would be fair with this kind of effect.
[b]That is true how it can be abused quite easily, but what you have is the old version of the card. Just moments ago I edited it so it had the same Special Summoning requirements as the Enslaved Tester. So even though it still can be used in a Mist Valley Decks, or any sort of Deck for that matter, you will have to run at least 1 other Gamet monster to get this on the field without wasting a Normal Summon / Card Effect.[/b]
[/quote]
Once again, thank you for the reviews :) +Rep for you!

[quote name='Ayasato-chan' timestamp='1291168434' post='4821549']
^ Mirror Force, Dark Hole and friends don't specifically target anycard, so this wouldn't apply.
[/quote]
But they do [b]affect[/b] a card, which the Enslaved Tester can also work with. If that part wasn't clear though, I'll be sure to add some sort of ruling to it.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='Ayasato-chan' timestamp='1291168434' post='4821549']
^ Mirror Force, Dark Hole and friends don't specifically target anycard, so this wouldn't apply.
[/quote]

But it says or affects???
or im i confusing myself
affects (looks up)
Affects:
to act on; produce an effect or change in: Cold weather affected the crops.

yeah so wouldnt this card stop dark hole since dark hole "affects" monsters???

[quote name='forteller' timestamp='1291168576' post='4821556']
ok but its effect still stacks dont forget that once per turn make it broken who care about waiting two turns [b]when next turn you can tribute the selected monster to take control of another in two turns.[/b] plus even if you select a monster that is later sent to the graveyard according to this cards effect you would still get it?
[/quote]
That part I don't think is true. Seeing you will still have to wait until the End Phase to get it, and you won't have time to fetch another one. And yes, you would still get it even though it would be sent to the Graveyard. I will reconsider once again.

[quote name='forteller' timestamp='1291168732' post='4821560']
But it says or affects???
or im i confusing myself
affects (looks up)
Affects:
to act on; produce an effect or change in: Cold weather affected the crops.

yeah so wouldnt this card stop dark hole since dark hole "affects" monsters???
[/quote]
Yes, yes it would.

Only 2 rates, yet a shizload of comments D: I gotta start working on the next 4 cards soon.

[quote name='Ayasato-chan' timestamp='1291169045' post='4821576']
... I retract my statement. If Enslaved Tester can negate things that encompass the whole field, that's a bit much. I'd tone it down to specifically targetting a card.
[/quote]
Once again, will consider. And not things that target the whole field, just cards that would target "Gamet" cards you would control specifically. So it wouldn't be able to negate cards such as Solemn Judgement, Dimensional Fissure, etc. That is, if the card isn't targeting a "Gamet" card. And don't forget, the effect only negates / destroys if the card isn't in the same Column as the card, even though this may seem hard, after your opponent faces this card, they most likely will choose to activate their more important cards in the same Column as this card.

--Edit-- Is my avatar not showing up for you 2? Also, 4 more posts until 4 new cards that I have yet not made D: It's going to be an Effect Monster and 3 Synchro Monsters.

[quote name='Anbu-of-Sand' timestamp='1291168982' post='4821571']
That part I don't think is true. Seeing you will still have to wait until the End Phase to get it, and you won't have time to fetch another one. And yes, you would still get it even though it would be sent to the Graveyard. I will reconsider once again.

Yes, yes it would.

Only 2 rates, yet a shizload of comments D: I gotta start working on the next 4 cards soon.
[/quote]

Thinks the 4 new cards get a 7/10 beacuse while the ideas and OCG are awesome the cards themselves are a little too usable and make the Acrhtype completely unstoppable i some cases.
all this set need is a card that stop or limits youe opponents attacks and it would be the most evil set ever even more annoying than a stall deck(and thats saying something.)
!!!! (notices that field spell kinda limits attacks) WOW this is just too much
lol i really like your ideas though there ur rate buddy :)

Cant wait for new cards

Villainous Hero: Its a balanced card and the pic is nice 10-10
Heroic Villain: It's kind of like the other card Villainous Hero, so the rating of this card is the same 10-10 (I suspect Fusion?)
Enslaved Tester: The pic kind of doesn't fit into this cards name, but I understand the "treated as a Warrior-type monster" effect. 8-10
Questionable Helper: Lol, this card kinda looks like Mr. Popo from Dragonball Z. It really doesn't fit the Warrior-type monster, which it is treated as, so, 9-10

There you go!
Keep up the good work!

[quote name='Awesome Ryu' timestamp='1291212194' post='4822261']
Villainous Hero: Its a balanced card and the pic is nice 10-10
[b]Thank you.[/b]
Heroic Villain: It's kind of like the other card Villainous Hero, so the rating of this card is the same 10-10 (I suspect Fusion?)
[b]Thank you once again, and no there will be no Fusion Monsters, but perhaps I will.[/b]
Enslaved Tester: The pic kind of doesn't fit into this cards name, but I understand the "treated as a Warrior-type monster" effect. 8-10
[b]Why thank you for a third time.[/b]
Questionable Helper: Lol, this card kinda looks like Mr. Popo from Dragonball Z. It really doesn't fit the Warrior-type monster, which it is treated as, so, 9-10
[b]I understand, and thank you.[/b]

There you go!
Keep up the good work!
[/quote]
Thanks for the reviews, hope you'll continue to give this Archetype's card's Reviews until it comes to a complete finish.

I really enjoyed browsing through these cards! Reading the effects was almost like reading a really good book that makes you want more and more after every chapter! And I love the concept & theme, and you're absoulutly right, colums have been greatly forgotten and I LOVE that you brought them back into the spotlighht with a new amazing set! Can't wait to see more ;) If you would like more detailed ratings, just ask ^_^

[quote name='GladiatorBeastAleksander' timestamp='1291506261' post='4829669']
I really enjoyed browsing through these cards! Reading the effects was almost like reading a really good book that makes you want more and more after every chapter! And I love the concept & theme, and you're absoulutly right, colums have been greatly forgotten and I LOVE that you brought them back into the spotlighht with a new amazing set! Can't wait to see more ;) If you would like more detailed ratings, just ask ^_^
[/quote]
This was all great to hear. I really do appreciate feedback like this. Detailed ratings are appreciated, but either way helps me improve and / or motivates me to keep on going :) I hope you will continue to rating the card's in this Archetype until it comes to a complete finish. +Rep for you! The Archetype is almost half way done!!!!

[quote name='Anbu-of-Sand' timestamp='1291506577' post='4829677']
This was all great to hear. I really do appreciate feedback like this. Detailed ratings are appreciated, but either way helps me improve and / or motivates me to keep on going :) I hope you will continue to rating the card's in this Archetype until it comes to a complete finish. +Rep for you! The Archetype is almost half way done!!!!
[/quote]

Thanks! Everyone needs a little someone to brag about them ;) Can't wait to see the rest! :D

[quote name='GladiatorBeastAleksander' timestamp='1291507085' post='4829697']
Thanks! Everyone needs a little someone to brag about them ;) Can't wait to see the rest! :D
[/quote]
I can't wait either :) I say this because I'm just making the cards as I go along.
Also, thank you for the Rep, but think you can give me Rep on the threads first page as well?
It's just to make it easier for me to keep track on how many Reps / People like my Archetypes. :)
Thank you in advance!!

Tech Genus: Videogame Style. XD

I think these are some really good cards. They would make your opponent think even harder when dueling against them; get his cards in the wrong spot and gg. I especially like the fact that they are videogame-based. They also employ a mechanic that has been touched apon but never abused, making them even more original.

The style of play that these monsters have is, IMO, more of a war-based one, one side against another with these cards having the home advantage. Seems to me with that Field Spell Card that this game gets even more interesting. The monsters have control-based effects that can be crippling when used correctly. I'd hate to face these cards (know what, I'd LOVE to face them) cuz they know how to take control of a duel fast. Seem like a fun set of monsters to go against.

Their effects seem pretty balance for the most part and the card art fit the archetype as well. I took a look at these cards and, a few seconds later, wished they were real.

Rating:
Art: 10/10
Effects: 10/10
OCG: 9.5/10 (Gravity Sphere Generator got 1 too many 'increase')
Uniqueness: 9.5/10 (I think I seen an archetype somewhere around here that did a similar thing. They were the Flux archetype. They still didn't have this much control I think)
Overall 9.9/10

Nice job man. I got the motivation to perfect my newest archetype now ^_^

[quote name='Dragon Master Zero' timestamp='1291521445' post='4830197']
Tech Genus: Videogame Style. XD
[b]Now that you think of it....that's kinda true xD[/b]

I think these are some really good cards. They would make your opponent think even harder when dueling against them; get his cards in the wrong spot and gg. I especially like the fact that they are videogame-based. They also employ a mechanic that has been touched apon but never abused, making them even more original.
[b]Why thank you, it's what I'm going to make my goal now when making Archetypes, choosing a concept that hasn't been used / hasn't been used in a certain way. The video-game based idea was because I found a decent amount of pictures that looked like they were pulled from a video game. The Column idea just came to mind and seemed to fit the pictures quite well.[/b]

The style of play that these monsters have is, IMO, more of a war-based one, one side against another with these cards having the home advantage. Seems to me with that Field Spell Card that this game gets even more interesting. The monsters have control-based effects that can be crippling when used correctly. I'd hate to face these cards (know what, I'd LOVE to face them) cuz they know how to take control of a duel fast. Seem like a fun set of monsters to go against.
[b]To be honest, they ARE somewhat war-based. The Spells and Traps are going to have war-like tactics that will help the Gamets, like placing a decoy, hiding from the enemy (to wait for that one moment they are wide open for an ambush), etc.[/b]

Their effects seem pretty balance for the most part and the card art fit the archetype as well. I took a look at these cards and, a few seconds later, wished they were real.
[b]I wish all the cards I made were real, the closest thing are Custom Card Games help throughout the Forum, but I don't think all of them would be accepted. Even if there were to be a Ban List for the Custom Card Games, they never accept the slightest of overpowering cards.[/b]

Rating:
Art: 10/10
Effects: 10/10
OCG: 9.5/10 (Gravity Sphere Generator got 1 too many 'increase')
[b]Thank you for noticing this.[/b]
Uniqueness: 9.5/10 (I think I seen an archetype somewhere around here that did a similar thing. They were the Flux archetype. They still didn't have this much control I think)
[b]I have seen them as well, just never knew they were about Columns until I checked the thread out.[/b]
Overall 9.9/10

Nice job man. I got the motivation to perfect my newest archetype now ^_^
[b]That is really good to hear.[/b]
[/quote]
Thank you for your review. I hope you will continue to give the card's in this Archetype reviews until it finally comes to a complete finish. +Rep for you!

Excellent, this set just keeps getting better and better!
I've been watching it since my first comment and every card makes me want these IRL more and more.
The new additions are some high powered support and really make the set competitive.
As last time, all the art is amazing and fit each card perfectly.
I'm not too good with in depth reviews, sorry.
10/10
Amazing
+rep for you

[quote name='Nazryl' timestamp='1291853932' post='4838886']
Excellent, this set just keeps getting better and better!
[b]That's good to hear :D[/b]
I've been watching it since my first comment and every card makes me want these IRL more and more.
[b]That sounds good to hear as well.[/b]
The new additions are some high powered support and really make the set competitive.
[b]That again, is good to hear xD[/b]
As last time, all the art is amazing and fit each card perfectly.
[b]It's what I aimed for :) I get the card effects from ideas by looking from the images itself.[/b]
I'm not too good with in depth reviews, sorry.
[b]No worries :)[/b]
10/10
Amazing
+rep for you
[b]Why thank you sir.[/b]
[/quote]
Thank you for the review, I hope you will continue on giving this Archetype's cards reviews until it comes to a complete finish. +Rep for you!

Archived