[AoS] Archetype - Gamets [40/40]

Anbu-of-Sand

Alright, first off, the Effect Monsters:

[b]Villanous Hero:[/b] This name is... weird. Special Summoning conditions are easily met, making this a quite powerful addition. The effect is... interesting, to say the least. Together with the easy summoning, this could make for some hilarious combos. First thing that comes to my mind is Enemy Controller, but I guess there are way more this can be abused with. Don't know if to consider it broken, because it is still limited to the column it's placed in, but with the right support, this effect could go off more than once. It may easily make a whole deck idea on it's own, that's why I would consider it very well done ;) That last effect... I stumbled over the wording a little, but I think it's only a small gimmick. If you hit the right one, however (like a Treeborn Frog), this could come in handy.

[b]Heroic Villain:[/b] Together with the Hero, this could be a little broken. You can easily bring them out during the same turn (maybe consider to make it a Normal Summon or something like that? Or tribute the monster in the selected column for it's Summoning?). On the other hand, his stats aren't that great, makes up for that a little, but is still pretty strong. The effect, however, is interesting... you actually don't need Enemy Controller to abuse the Hero if you have this card :blink:

[b]Enslaved Tester:[/b] Another one that can easily be Special Summoned... if we advance with this pace, X-Sabers can go packing :lol: Actually, I don't like that, but it still makes me laugh. Another great effect that adds itself perfectly to the set. Also, I really dig the name this time... sometimes, I feel like that myself, when I see another unfinished and unpolished game... "Hmm, the game isn't nearly half done, not even Beta worthy... but we need the money, and the people will buy it, so let's just add those last textures and get it out!"

[b]Questionable Helper:[/b] More Special Summoning... I'd turn it down a bit. Having 2 Half-X-Saber-Faultrolls is fine, but 4 is killing it... and I didn't even see the Synchros yet :P Either way, a tricky effect, not really helpful, considering that Upstart Goblin basically does the same, but it still looks funny and certainly fits the name. Not too long ago, I had a conversation (I being Amaterasu from Okami) with such a "questionable helper" (Issun), who just said "You should easily get through here using [color="#FF0000"]your abilities[/color]!" (and yes, it really was colored red). It took me 30 minutes to figure out what to do. Easy... thank you Issun, you really helped me out on that one :blink:

[b]Brains and Brawns:[/b] Yeah, we all need some space sometimes... or why are you CAPITALIZING ONLY each time? Card is okay, reminds me of some Arcana Force monsters, also here both effects can be useful in the right situations. The effect is okay, nothing to particularly like or hate about it, but how picture, name and effect work together, that's definitely something to like :)

[b]Kitten's Teddy Tron:[/b] As we all know, the sole purpose of the internet is sharing pictures of kitties. Thanks for reminding me of that <_< Effect looks solid, especially considering the mediocre stats, making a pretty nice wall of defense. Not much to say about it, for a card in this set, it's pretty basic (which doesn't mean much considering the premise of the set :lol: )

[b]Sky Force Commander:[/b] Very useful and versatile effect, especially with the optional use of Sky Force. Otherwise, very solid stats, looks like a pain to deal with if used properly... I don't know, just a good card, running out of comments :P

[b]Gravity Sphere Generator:[/b] Translates into: "When this card is summoned, return all cards your opponent controls to their hand nand swing with 5000 ATK for the game", at least if I read it correctly. You should consider making the tributing effect "Once per turn", lower the ATK gain to 600 or 800, then the "maintainance cost" isn't really needed ;) Like the idea, but as it is, it looks a [s]bit[/s] broken.

That's it for now.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='Dragon Master Zero' timestamp='1291869331' post='4839394']
Not if my machines reign first >: D When I finish these guys, they will posess an aggressive capability that will crush you!!!!
[/quote]
Not when facing the wrath of Columns!! >:D

[quote name='Spoon' timestamp='1291901610' post='4839680']
Alright, first off, the Effect Monsters:

[b]Villanous Hero:[/b] This name is... weird. Special Summoning conditions are easily met, making this a quite powerful addition. The effect is... interesting, to say the least. Together with the easy summoning, this could make for some hilarious combos. First thing that comes to my mind is Enemy Controller, but I guess there are way more this can be abused with. Don't know if to consider it broken, because it is still limited to the column it's placed in, but with the right support, this effect could go off more than once. It may easily make a whole deck idea on it's own, that's why I would consider it very well done ;) That last effect... I stumbled over the wording a little, but I think it's only a small gimmick. If you hit the right one, however (like a Treeborn Frog), this could come in handy.
[b]Why thank you :)[/b]

[b]Heroic Villain:[/b] Together with the Hero, this could be a little broken. You can easily bring them out during the same turn (maybe consider to make it a Normal Summon or something like that? Or tribute the monster in the selected column for it's Summoning?). On the other hand, his stats aren't that great, makes up for that a little, but is still pretty strong. The effect, however, is interesting... you actually don't need Enemy Controller to abuse the Hero if you have this card :blink:
[b]I have to admit, this card and the above were meant to be a deadly combo.[/b]

[b]Enslaved Tester:[/b] Another one that can easily be Special Summoned... if we advance with this pace, X-Sabers can go packing :lol: Actually, I don't like that, but it still makes me laugh. Another great effect that adds itself perfectly to the set. Also, I really dig the name this time... sometimes, I feel like that myself, when I see another unfinished and unpolished game... "Hmm, the game isn't nearly half done, not even Beta worthy... but we need the money, and the people will buy it, so let's just add those last textures and get it out!"
[b]xD And out swarming X-Sabers FTW!(?)![/b]

[b]Questionable Helper:[/b] More Special Summoning... I'd turn it down a bit. Having 2 Half-X-Saber-Faultrolls is fine, but 4 is killing it... and I didn't even see the Synchros yet :P Either way, a tricky effect, not really helpful, considering that Upstart Goblin basically does the same, but it still looks funny and certainly fits the name. Not too long ago, I had a conversation (I being Amaterasu from Okami) with such a "questionable helper" (Issun), who just said "You should easily get through here using [color="#FF0000"]your abilities[/color]!" (and yes, it really was colored red). It took me 30 minutes to figure out what to do. Easy... thank you Issun, you really helped me out on that one :blink:
[b]Quite the helper you had :P[/b]

[b]Brains and Brawns:[/b] Yeah, we all need some space sometimes... or why are you CAPITALIZING ONLY each time? Card is okay, reminds me of some Arcana Force monsters, also here both effects can be useful in the right situations. The effect is okay, nothing to particularly like or hate about it, but how picture, name and effect work together, that's definitely something to like :)
[b][strike]BECAUSE CAPITALIZATION IS PRO[/strike] Because normally on a card when it would have an optional effect out of 2, it would have the first effect, then OR in capitals, which is why I chose to capitalize the ONLY, seeing it seemed liked the right time to do so. And HOW DARE YOU SAY THEY REMIND YOU OF ARCANA FORCE. THEY SUCK. THESE DON'T. But excluding that 'insult', thank you :P[/b]

[b]Kitten's Teddy Tron:[/b] As we all know, the sole purpose of the internet is sharing pictures of kitties. Thanks for reminding me of that <_< Effect looks solid, especially considering the mediocre stats, making a pretty nice wall of defense. Not much to say about it, for a card in this set, it's pretty basic (which doesn't mean much considering the premise of the set :lol: )
[b]But....kitties are pro D:[/b]

[b]Sky Force Commander:[/b] Very useful and versatile effect, especially with the optional use of Sky Force. Otherwise, very solid stats, looks like a pain to deal with if used properly... I don't know, just a good card, running out of comments :P
[b]Thank you :)[/b]

[b]Gravity Sphere Generator:[/b] Translates into: "When this card is summoned, return all cards your opponent controls to their hand nand swing with 5000 ATK for the game", at least if I read it correctly. You should consider making the tributing effect "Once per turn", lower the ATK gain to 600 or 800, then the "maintainance cost" isn't really needed ;) Like the idea, but as it is, it looks a [s]bit[/s] broken.
[b]Never noticed how it can swing for a direct 5000 O_o Will edit pronto, most likely for a Stat gain of 1000 to 500, and the Once per turn idea. Thanks :)[/b]

That's it for now.
[/quote]
Thanks for the reviews Spoon :) Hope you'll continue to leave the Archetype's cards reviews until it comes to a complete finish. Also, until further notice, the Archetype might not be updated until Jazin Kay re-uploads the images that were once in the Pixiv Album of his, seeing that's were I get most of my images.

[quote name='~Shadow of Alpha~' timestamp='1292671711' post='4861407']
Gleaming Land Scouter is missing it's type ^^ Will take a closer look at them in a minute :)
[/quote]
Thanks for pointing that out :)

[quote name='Dragon Master Zero' timestamp='1292685285' post='4861750']
Wouldn't it be better if you just said for the Synchro Tuners:

1 "Gamet" Tuner + 1 or more "Gamet" Tuners

Other than that first time I seen a Synchro tuner that needs nothing but Tuner Monsters.
[/quote]
Eh, I wrote down the 2 or more "Gamet" Tuners because I believe one of the X-Sabers had something similar for it's Synchro Material. I believe it was 3 or more EARTH Monsters. But thanks anyways :)

[quote name='Anbu-of-Sand' timestamp='1292692716' post='4861973']
Thanks for pointing that out :)

Eh, I wrote down the 2 or more "Gamet" Tuners because I believe one of the X-Sabers had something similar for it's Synchro Material. I believe it was 3 or more EARTH Monsters. But thanks anyways :)
[/quote]
Actually it was "1 Tuner + 1 or more EARTH monsters".

[quote name='Awesome Ryu' timestamp='1292709828' post='4862754']
Gamet-Portal Transporter's pic is the monster Lok from Duel Masters, but in Yugioh, it's even better. Keep up the good work in your archetype, it's going well!
[/quote]
I'll be honest, I don't really care where I get the images from xP I get them all from Image Archives, ones who most likely find Renders that could be monsters from other Card Games and whatnot, but re-modify them. However, thank you for the motivation :) +Rep for you!

Alright, were did we stop last time?

First of all: I read the story. Did you read Tad Williams' "Otherland"? At the first glimpse I had to think of that when reading it... though it's a totally different story. Anyway, quite a... strange background you got there. No other words to describe it, it's just weird. Centralizing video games under the gouvernment? In only 200 years? No way, you'd need at least 200 [i]decades[/i] to make them even acknowledge video games as art, and don't let me get started on buying them out :P

Okay, onto the cards.

[b]Gleaming Land Scouter:[/b] You'd need to restrict Summoning and Spell/Trap space heavily to have this effect even be acknowledged... synergies with Ojama's anyone? Didn't blow me away like some other effects, a little less useful compared to the other Gamet Synchros (up until now). Maybe make it work in all columns where you have a "Gamet" monster, and instead only affecting Spells/Traps (because if you set a card in the Monster Card Zone, what's the purpose of guessing that?)... eh, you make the cards, not me...

[b]Weaponry Attachment:[/b] I think this card is a little flawed, design-wise. First of all: It cannot be removed from the field. By any means. Not by destruction (through battle), not by returning to hand/deck, not by non-targeting effects, not even by tributing or synchroing. Change it to "by card effects", so that it actually makes sense. And second: If you equip this card to an opponent's monster (because that's the only target possible), why would you not directly send it to the Graveyard if you want to get rid of a troublesome monster? If the battle damage involing that monster would be [i]doubled[/i] (maybe only when you attack it), I could understand it. Still not quite convinced of the card, but maybe I'm missing the point somewhere...

[b]Fallen Avenger:[/b] I'd consider the effect overpowered and would limit it, if possible, either by only making it work when send to the Graveyard for a Synchro Summon (which would still be pretty powerful) / Synchro Summon of a Gamet Monster (which would also be powerful, but I guess not overpowered) or by only returning that card to the Extra Deck... or a non-Synchro Gamet to your hand. Otherwise: I like the concept of Synchro Tuners, the Summoning conditions balance it out a little (maybe I was wrong after all and it isn't as powerful as I thought... but still... (I'm using a lot of elipses (or whatever the word for that is) today (and a lot of parenthesis too))), and yeah, the core concept is alright. Why does this guy look like a friggin Transformer?

[b]Portal Transporter:[/b] That effect, however, is nice. Pretty useful if you ask me, not too fancy, but for a Level 2 Accel Synchro Tuner, it should be more than enough for the complexity :P Not much to say about it, I like it.

That's it for today, Commander Spoon signing out.

[quote name='Spoon' timestamp='1292796434' post='4865394']
Alright, were did we stop last time?

First of all: I read the story. Did you read Tad Williams' "Otherland"? At the first glimpse I had to think of that when reading it... though it's a totally different story. Anyway, quite a... strange background you got there. No other words to describe it, it's just weird. Centralizing video games under the gouvernment? In only 200 years? No way, you'd need at least 200 [i]decades[/i] to make them even acknowledge video games as art, and don't let me get started on buying them out :P
[b]Yes, in under 200 years. And no, I did not read that Otherland book of yours. Yes, I somewhat wanted it to be strange. No, other words to describe it.[/b]

Okay, onto the cards.

[b]Gleaming Land Scouter:[/b] You'd need to restrict Summoning and Spell/Trap space heavily to have this effect even be acknowledged... synergies with Ojama's anyone? Didn't blow me away like some other effects, a little less useful compared to the other Gamet Synchros (up until now). Maybe make it work in all columns where you have a "Gamet" monster, and instead only affecting Spells/Traps (because if you set a card in the Monster Card Zone, what's the purpose of guessing that?)... eh, you make the cards, not me...
[b]I thought at first that having this being able to be used in Columns next to it as well (at the least), would although fit the Name / Picture, make the card a bit to powerful, seeing it is a Level 5. I will reconsider though.[/b]

[b]Weaponry Attachment:[/b] I think this card is a little flawed, design-wise. First of all: It cannot be removed from the field. By any means. Not by destruction (through battle), not by returning to hand/deck, not by non-targeting effects, not even by tributing or synchroing. Change it to "by card effects", so that it actually makes sense. And second: If you equip this card to an opponent's monster (because that's the only target possible), why would you not directly send it to the Graveyard if you want to get rid of a troublesome monster? If the battle damage involing that monster would be [i]doubled[/i] (maybe only when you attack it), I could understand it. Still not quite convinced of the card, but maybe I'm missing the point somewhere...
[b]Hm, now that you mention it, it does seem like a bit of a hassle. But then again, it can be removed from the field through it's own effect, but yeah, I most likely change it to by other card effects, other because then this card's effect would slightly have no use. The cards main effect, although questionable, is to be a bit, 'flexible'. Sure the most obvious thing to do is to send that monster to the Grave immediately, but others would like to toy around with the monster, not letting it attack directly, halving the damage it gives, etc.[/b]

[b]Fallen Avenger:[/b] I'd consider the effect overpowered and would limit it, if possible, either by only making it work when send to the Graveyard for a Synchro Summon (which would still be pretty powerful) / Synchro Summon of a Gamet Monster (which would also be powerful, but I guess not overpowered) or by only returning that card to the Extra Deck... or a non-Synchro Gamet to your hand. Otherwise: I like the concept of Synchro Tuners, the Summoning conditions balance it out a little (maybe I was wrong after all and it isn't as powerful as I thought... but still... (I'm using a lot of elipses (or whatever the word for that is) today (and a lot of parenthesis too))), and yeah, the core concept is alright. Why does this guy look like a friggin Transformer?
[b]Perhaps I'll add when the card is sent from the Field to the Graveyard for a Synchro Sumon? Somewhat more specific, although it still lets you trigger the effect during your opponent's turn. Or perhaps if I change it to a Level 4 or Lower....might reconsider the effect a bit. And don't ask me about the image, ask Jazin Kay, that's where I got it :P[/b]

[b]Portal Transporter:[/b] That effect, however, is nice. Pretty useful if you ask me, not too fancy, but for a Level 2 Accel Synchro Tuner, it should be more than enough for the complexity :P Not much to say about it, I like it.
[b]Thank you.[/b]

That's it for today, Commander Spoon signing out.
[b]See you tomorrow on the battlefield Commander.[/b]
[/quote]
Thanks for the Reviews Spoon :) Hope you'll continue to leave some for the Archetype until it comes to a very end, which I think you most likely will :P seeing the Archetype is almost done. +Rep for you! And 9 more posts until new cards!!

[quote name='Grand_Hokage_Tsunade' timestamp='1293138443' post='4877789']
Hey Anbu, great cards. ^^ Only 20 more and you'll be done by the end of the year! :lol:
[/quote]
YES CNC :D And thank you :3 I don't think by the end of the year though, seeing I'm going to only update 4 cards per new Page, and with the lack of reviews here and there, and with Jazin Kay wiping out his whole Pixiv Archive, it all depends on the CnC I get and when Jazin Kay adds most / some of his Pixiv images back as well. Anyways, thank you for the CnC, hope you'll continue to give reviews until the Archetype comes to a complete finish. +Rep for you!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Anbu-of-Sand' timestamp='1293754841' post='4897754']
Legal Bump. Can't update monsters as much, seeing the last 3 monster images were in the Pixiv File of Jazin Kay's Archive, but with him deleting it, I'm at a loss for ze monsters, might resort skipping the last 3 (synchro) monsters and go straight for the Bosses / Spells / Traps.
[/quote]
But on a side note, I have found the images for one of them in YGO 5D's (the user's) Archive, which means I need to wait for Jazin Kay to update, or hopefully, somehow give me the other 2 images. The weird part though, I don't remember what this third image looked like xD I just remember the first and second.

I just don't want any of the people who have reviewed this to think it's well, dead.

[quote name='Anbu-of-Sand' timestamp='1294287912' post='4914948']
But on a side note, I have found the images for one of them in YGO 5D's (the user's) Archive, which means I need to wait for Jazin Kay to update, or hopefully, somehow give me the other 2 images. The weird part though, I don't remember what this third image looked like xD I just remember the first and second.

I just don't want any of the people who have reviewed this to think it's well, dead.
[/quote]
I know exactly what you mean. I just felt some inspiration but one of the best folders in the world is gone T.T I believe in Jazin though so i shall be patient. For my newest set's sake.

Btw, these are some pretty versatile and colorful and there are so many of them, so many strategies. I like ^_^

[quote name='Dragon Master Zero' timestamp='1294289496' post='4914994']
I know exactly what you mean. I just felt some inspiration but one of the best folders in the world is gone T.T I believe in Jazin though so i shall be patient. For my newest set's sake.

Btw, these are some pretty versatile and colorful and there are so many of them, so many strategies. I like ^_^
[/quote]
Why thank you :) And I am well, trying to be patient for him to upload some more Pixiv images, but at the least, I'm going to use some 'default' images if you will, from an Archive here.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Anbu-of-Sand' timestamp='1295392842' post='4943597']
If no one replies after this, I'll sadface.
[/quote]

I can't have that.

It's been a while since i've looked at this thread, and Christ, there are so many more cards. I think you already know that i'm not one for individually rating cards (moreso because I can't find the time, and I haven't played the game in so long, that I can't compare the meta, etc.), so I did skimed over them all, but I paid close attention to the Synchro Monsters, mostly. They're my favorite monsters of the Set; i've always liked lower-leveled Synchro Monsters and Synchro Tuners, and the ones you've created seem both versatile and useful. And I love the fact that you've kept to the "video game" theme.

Also, +rep for you. Now put a smile on.

Archived