[AoS] Archetype - Gamets [40/40]

Anbu-of-Sand

YESSSS! :D :D :D :D Thank you for your opinions on the cards! The Synchros were meant to be the main monsters of the Set, with the Effect Monsters more likely to support / stall until being able to get them out. A +Rep for you Waters, and on that note, 4 new cards will be added ASAP, including a Boss monster!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Anbu-of-Sand' timestamp='1295481306' post='4945523']
YESSSS! :D:D:D:D Thank you for your opinions on the cards! The Synchros were meant to be the main monsters of the Set, with the Effect Monsters more likely to support / stall until being able to get them out. A +Rep for you Waters, and on that note, 4 new cards will be added ASAP, including a Boss monster!
[/quote]

Huzzah!

I look forward to that boss. Now, I don't mean to advertise to you, but if you wouldn't mind taking a look at my newest archtype, it'd be greatly appreciated. It's only in it's beginning at the moment, and i'd just like to get more opinions.

[quote name='waters27' timestamp='1295482148' post='4945555']
I look forward to that boss. Now, I don't mean to advertise to you, but if you wouldn't mind taking a look at my newest archtype, it'd be greatly appreciated. It's only in it's beginning at the moment, and i'd just like to get more opinions.
[/quote]
No worries, PM me a link and it shall be reviewed. Take note though, with exams and all coming up (for me), it might take awhile to get those reviews. New cards added by the way.

[quote name='Anbu-of-Sand' timestamp='1295482234' post='4945563']
No worries, PM me a link and it shall be reviewed. Take note though, with exams and all coming up (for me), it might take awhile to get those reviews. New cards added by the way.
[/quote]

Haha, oh yes, I completely understand. Luckily for me, though, I took a semester off.

As for the boss monster, perhaps the stats are a bit much? Although the Summoning conditions seem to be more difficult than just Tributing. Maybe just increase it's Level? Also, it is already a Warrior-Type monster, and in the effect it says it's also treated as a Warrior-Type monster. I'm sure it's just a typo. Now, the effect... It's good, and thoroughly supports the archtype. It helps your "Gamets" be able to destroy cards in different Columns, even when your Field Spell Card is active, and it has a sweet nuking effect. Good job.

Awesome work as usual. Where did you get the artwork for the Synchros?

Anyways, it's always a pleasure for me to try to comprehend the power of a card. The new cards are just as unique as ever. The boss monster fits it's roll pretty well if I say so, being moderately difficult to summon. Like waters said, the capability of two of these monsters to attack cards in different columns is pretty sweet. I continue to find myself asking how these cards would be used IRL. They is that cool. Only thing im questioning is Rainbow Roulette. Seems pretty powerful to me. kinda reallly powerful, but it's effect is based on luck so I guess thats a balance (or is that a gamble XD).

I give these new cards, an 8.5/10. I hope you will continue to do wat you do.

[quote name='waters27' timestamp='1295482662' post='4945581']
Haha, oh yes, I completely understand. Luckily for me, though, I took a semester off.

As for the boss monster, perhaps the stats are a bit much? Although the Summoning conditions seem to be more difficult than just Tributing. Maybe just increase it's Level? Also, it is already a Warrior-Type monster, and in the effect it says it's also treated as a Warrior-Type monster. I'm sure it's just a typo. Now, the effect... It's good, and thoroughly supports the archtype. It helps your "Gamets" be able to destroy cards in different Columns, even when your Field Spell Card is active, and it has a sweet nuking effect. Good job.
[/quote]
Why thank you, and yes that was a typo, will be fixed ASAP. I'll consider lowering the stats a bit. As well.

[quote name='Dragon Master Zero' timestamp='1295490338' post='4945918']
Awesome work as usual. Where did you get the artwork for the Synchros?

Anyways, it's always a pleasure for me to try to comprehend the power of a card. The new cards are just as unique as ever. The boss monster fits it's roll pretty well if I say so, being moderately difficult to summon. Like waters said, the capability of two of these monsters to attack cards in different columns is pretty sweet. I continue to find myself asking how these cards would be used IRL. They is that cool. Only thing im questioning is Rainbow Roulette. Seems pretty powerful to me. kinda reallly powerful, but it's effect is based on luck so I guess thats a balance (or is that a gamble XD).

I give these new cards, an 8.5/10. I hope you will continue to do wat you do.
[/quote]
I get the Pictures for them through Jazin Kay's Image Archive, and a few other Archives here and there. The Archetype is based on utter control on the Columns, so it can really piss off your opponent when say, they need to destroy the Field Spell, but seeing there is no Spell and Trap Card Zone in line with the Field Spell, their only way to get rid of it is activating one of their own, seeing they are not allowed to use card effects on card's in different Columns. Rainbow Roulette I wanted to make a bit overpowering, seeing it's based on gambling / luck. But thank you for your review. And I guarantee you I'll continue to do what I do.

Alright, let's do this:

[b]Wall of Protection:[/b] I don't know why, but I love that picture :D But is it really worth getting out, as a Level 11(!) monster? The card seems to be vastly different from any other card: It's not treated as a Warrior-Type (while I never got the point of that part), and it's Attribute is LIGHT, not EARTH. Makes it usable with Honest once it was attacked once... but who would use Honest in here :blink: Basically, it's a magnet for everything, and if it's timed right, you can try to somehow trigger your opponent's effects rapidly to decimate their hand and field. Again, it's complicated to predict what impact this could have, what the actualy rulings for this would be (does his effect include continuous effects, and if, would that mean your opponent have to send all his cards of that type to the Graveyard... or something like that? Or just send the card that used this effect, that would reduce the card loss to just 1), but what I can say is, that I don't really like too defensive monsters, especially at that price. Not bad though, the idea of a "Magnet" is fine, but it's still a little confusing.

[b]Rainbow Roulette:[/b] That first effect is... pretty much pointless. +600 ATK at best isn't really much on this high Level anyway, I'd take it out. The second effect is more interesting, somehow reminds me of the Arcane Force cards, it involves a bit of risk, but not as much as you may think it does. If it's successful, take a monster, Synch it away, Tribute it or do whatever you want. If you fail, just give this card to your opponent (or any other useless monster you control... if you already set up for the Synchro Summon, just give him a Tuner and you're all set, and maybe even can inflict some heavy damage if you give it to him in Attack Position). It may be a wasted opportunity, but still wouldn't hurt you very much. With the last effect, however, I have a problem. If you already destroy cards like crazy, what would you want to take over then? Your opponent most likely won't have any monsters left by then, either for one effect or for the other. Up to 6 destroyed cards... too strong, imo, even if one of them is yours. It's the only effect worth getting this card for, and it pretty much sets up for an one-sided field clearance... or do I see some shenanigans with Scraps? :blink: I'd consider making some adjustments, don't really like this card as a whole, the whole concept seems a little out of place here.

[b]Battle Force:[/b] "If the Tuner used for the Synchro Summon for this card was a "Gamet" Synchro Tuner, this card can attack monsters that are in a Column(s) next to this card." I don't really get this sentence... couldn't he do that before anyway? Was there any restriction that the card could only attack cards in the same column as itself? Is it because of "Gamet's Zone of Battle"? Still, this one is waaaay better. Multi-attacker, game-finisher, some Token actions (maybe restrict the use of the Tokens, because of their relatively high Level), and an overall well-rounded card. Maybe a little strong, but that's nothing to worry about. It does it's job well, in a way more simple way the previous two did (or did not).

[b]Creation, the First Gamet:[/b] Again this weird thing I mentioned in Battle Force. Just make them unaffected by this particular effect of "Gamet's Zone of Battle", if it really is that what you're thinking about. Unlike the others (Battle Force and Rainbow Roulette), this one does not really win games. It requires a rather full field, and I doubt you'll achieve that this easily. It's ATK makes it worth keeping around, and the effect is, if the field is indeed that filled, not bad, but I don't think you can bring him out in a reasonable amount of time. I'd consider making him Normal Summonable. Not gamebreaking or anything, too hard to get out... I'd try to tweak him a little in that regard. What I noticed: This would also require a lot of setting from your side. Where are the Traps? :P

Anyway, that's me for now, I hope you can do something with this stream of consciousness,

Spoon over and out.

[quote name='Spoon' timestamp='1295521676' post='4946497']
Alright, let's do this:

[b]Wall of Protection:[/b] I don't know why, but I love that picture :D But is it really worth getting out, as a Level 11(!) monster? The card seems to be vastly different from any other card: It's not treated as a Warrior-Type (while I never got the point of that part), and it's Attribute is LIGHT, not EARTH. Makes it usable with Honest once it was attacked once... but who would use Honest in here :blink: Basically, it's a magnet for everything, and if it's timed right, you can try to somehow trigger your opponent's effects rapidly to decimate their hand and field. Again, it's complicated to predict what impact this could have, what the actualy rulings for this would be (does his effect include continuous effects, and if, would that mean your opponent have to send all his cards of that type to the Graveyard... or something like that? Or just send the card that used this effect, that would reduce the card loss to just 1), but what I can say is, that I don't really like too defensive monsters, especially at that price. Not bad though, the idea of a "Magnet" is fine, but it's still a little confusing.
[b]It depends on the Continuous Card really. If it's sort of a lingering effect, it most likely wouldn't count. It's more for those Once Per Turn / One-Effect Uses / effects you can use repeatedly kind of thing.[/b]

[b]Rainbow Roulette:[/b] That first effect is... pretty much pointless. +600 ATK at best isn't really much on this high Level anyway, I'd take it out. The second effect is more interesting, somehow reminds me of the Arcane Force cards, it involves a bit of risk, but not as much as you may think it does. If it's successful, take a monster, Synch it away, Tribute it or do whatever you want. If you fail, just give this card to your opponent (or any other useless monster you control... if you already set up for the Synchro Summon, just give him a Tuner and you're all set, and maybe even can inflict some heavy damage if you give it to him in Attack Position). It may be a wasted opportunity, but still wouldn't hurt you very much. With the last effect, however, I have a problem. If you already destroy cards like crazy, what would you want to take over then? Your opponent most likely won't have any monsters left by then, either for one effect or for the other. Up to 6 destroyed cards... too strong, imo, even if one of them is yours. It's the only effect worth getting this card for, and it pretty much sets up for an one-sided field clearance... or do I see some shenanigans with Scraps? :blink: I'd consider making some adjustments, don't really like this card as a whole, the whole concept seems a little out of place here.
[b]I will remove the first ATK boosting effect. I will also think about changing the last effect, seeing even if you get a 6 by luck, it could be quite devastating.[/b]

[b]Battle Force:[/b] "If the Tuner used for the Synchro Summon for this card was a "Gamet" Synchro Tuner, this card can attack monsters that are in a Column(s) next to this card." I don't really get this sentence... couldn't he do that before anyway? Was there any restriction that the card could only attack cards in the same column as itself? Is it because of "Gamet's Zone of Battle"? Still, this one is waaaay better. Multi-attacker, game-finisher, some Token actions (maybe restrict the use of the Tokens, because of their relatively high Level), and an overall well-rounded card. Maybe a little strong, but that's nothing to worry about. It does it's job well, in a way more simple way the previous two did (or did not).
[b]Gamet's Zone of Battle is what would have restricted it from attacking monsters in other Columns.[/b]

[b]Creation, the First Gamet:[/b] Again this weird thing I mentioned in Battle Force. Just make them unaffected by this particular effect of "Gamet's Zone of Battle", if it really is that what you're thinking about. Unlike the others (Battle Force and Rainbow Roulette), this one does not really win games. It requires a rather full field, and I doubt you'll achieve that this easily. It's ATK makes it worth keeping around, and the effect is, if the field is indeed that filled, not bad, but I don't think you can bring him out in a reasonable amount of time. I'd consider making him Normal Summonable. Not gamebreaking or anything, too hard to get out... I'd try to tweak him a little in that regard. What I noticed: This would also require a lot of setting from your side. Where are the Traps? :P
[b]Will be tweaked. And I plan adding Spells and Traps when I finish all the monsters. There's only 1 more monster to go, so it should be up soon.[/b]

Anyway, that's me for now, I hope you can do something with this stream of consciousness,

Spoon over and out.
[/quote]
Thanks for the reviews and a +rep for you. Will do some tweaking most likely after school.

[b]Reading The Spell Card First Really Helped Me Understand The Effect.. [/b][b]

Creation, The First Gamet [/b]

[b]Name & Picture: 14/15[/b]
Not as 3D as some of the other pictures, a decent sort of name, its all good here.

[b]Creativity: 13/15[/b]
Unusual Summoning requirements, creative way of avoiding the field cards massive field stalling. Quite original although the actual effects themselves aren't exactly inspired, the way their applied definitely is.

[b]OCG: 13/15 [/b][color="#000000"]([/color][u][i]wouldn't that be[/i][/u] means don't bite my head off if I'm wrong)
This card is also treated as a Warrior-Type. [u][i]wouldn't that be[/i][/u][b][i] [/i]This card's Type is also treated as Warrior.[/b] [color="#0000ff"][i][u]?[/u][/i][/color]
[color="#0000ff"]Summon[b]ed
[/b]one = [b]1
[/b]your side of the field [u][i]wouldn't that be[/i][/u][i] [/i][i] [/i][b]your field [/b][u][i]?[/i][/u][b]
[/b]that [s]that[/s][/color]
[s][color="#0000ff"],[/color][/s]

[b]Balance: 20/25[/b]
It seems a bit OP in my opinion, given the restrictions of the field card, it wouldn't be hard to get 2 monsters on the same column on both sides of the field, does it include the spell and trap zones? Either way 4000 is generous, however if it does then it is somewhat harder to summon and therefore more balanced.. at least it doesn't have any sort of card effect immunity, but it breaks the boundaries of the field card and given how strict they are, it may be slightly overkill, in my opinion.

With the assumption that the spell & trap zone is included, it still gets a fairer good score, balancing is the hardest part and some people proabably wouldn't think it OP at all, so I'll be fair.

[b]Playability: 29/30
[/b]In the context of the set, very playable, Special Summoned using what I assume is a colomn effect the whole set operates on, with insights of being able to move slots around from the card etc, it can be very useful, and for this set, clearly a must have card. If it does include spell & trap card zones, maybe a tad hard to get out, otherwise no queries.

[b]89/100

Top Class Card.
I'll add another review quite soon. [/b]

[quote name='Thermatic' timestamp='1295666913' post='4949934']

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><div id="refHTML"></div>

ugh.. I'm sorry about that ^ the forum hates it when I edit posts.

Thanks Anbu. ;)
[/quote]
No worries.

[quote name='pyrowiz23' timestamp='1295670443' post='4950117']
Awesome cards + stunning graphic. definite 10/10! :D
[/quote]
Why thank you.

Just a few more posts until a new thread and some new cards....which I should start working on.

[font="Verdana"][b]Hey Anbu, great set you have going on here. So, the monsters are based off of video games huh? Pretty cool idea. ^^ I was wondering if you'd add Megaman into the set. Y'know, since he's part of the whole "video game" characters thing[/b][/font].

By the way, there's one set that I'd really love for you to check out. ^^

Set Name: Deck The Halls
Set Link: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/233891-decking-the-halls-ycm-style-3535/

[quote name='Grand_Hokage_Tsunade' timestamp='1296334389' post='4971932']
[font="Verdana"][b]Hey Anbu, great set you have going on here. So, the monsters are based off of video games huh? Pretty cool idea. ^^ I was wondering if you'd add Megaman into the set. Y'know, since he's part of the whole "video game" characters thing[/b][/font].

By the way, there's one set that I'd really love for you to check out. ^^

Set Name: Deck The Halls
Set Link: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/233891-decking-the-halls-ycm-style-3535/
[/quote]
Thank you for the short, yet motivational review :) I'll do my best to give a review ASAP.

From what I've read, the idea seems solid. It's alot better than that Senet crap Konami made.

Gamet's Zone of Battle should've had a self-protecting effect but it's fine.

The Boss monsters are balanced because of their Summon Conditions.

The Tuners are both balanced.

I haven't had a chance to read them all, but I'm sure they're as good as those I've read so far.

[quote name='Archelaus' timestamp='1296961135' post='4991531']
From what I've read, the idea seems solid. It's alot better than that Senet crap Konami made.
[b]Konami had quite the idea going on, but just stopped going with it.[/b]

Gamet's Zone of Battle should've had a self-protecting effect but it's fine.
[b]Eh, I found it unneeded. Seeing the only way to get Gamet's Zone of Battle of the field once is on is if it's replaced by another Field Spell, and seeing hardly any Decks in the current Meta use Field Spells, this just makes it pretty much invulnerable.[/b]

The Boss monsters are balanced because of their Summon Conditions.
[b]Yup, nothing makes a boss more balanced then (near impossible) Summoning Conditions! :D[/b]

The Tuners are both balanced.
[b]Good to hear.[/b]

I haven't had a chance to read them all, but I'm sure they're as good as those I've read so far.
[b]That's also good to hear.[/b]
[/quote]
Thank you for the review, and a +Rep goes to you.

[quote name='Anbu-of-Sand' timestamp='1296965200' post='4991705']
That my friend, was my 150th Rep. I really do appreciate it.
[/quote]
150th rep eh? Popular set is popular. (Will work hard to make Spiritual Beasts as popular as well QQ)

Now for the rating. So you finally added some traps. Kinda hard for me to rate them since they make me dizzy (:S). Effects seem pretty controlling and I sure wouldnt want to run into that first trap. For the second trap, I think the first effect should be "After activation, Special Summon this card; it is treated as an Effect Monster Card". "Also, During the second End Phase of when this card was activated.[b](there is a period here.)[/b] Destroy all "Gamet - Aerial Bombardment Tokens" on the field." Other than that, they are pretty good.

Boss monster seems like a pain to see. Drop him, remove cards, lose him to drop more columns, and invunerability to the Field Spell. His summoning conditions make him hard to summon though so thats ok.

8.5/10.

Archived