[AoS] Archetype - Gamets [40/40]

Anbu-of-Sand

Here weeeeeee... go!

[b]Creator:[/b] Again, nearly impossible to get out, consider making it 4 in total on the field, so you can even think about summoning this. The effect sure makes up for it, being devastating as hell, but it's a constant problem that this will just linger dead in your hand... well, at least it's a Trade-In target :lol:

[b]Aerial Bombardment:[/b] Interesting time bomb, it's possible to play around it, forcing your opponent to resort to the remaining 2 columns... but I think this "playing" around is a little to hard. At least make them destroyable by card effects, otherwise its a nearly impenetrable wall for 2 turns... and they can be tributed and used for a Synchro Summon, which kinda defies their purpose. Still, card design wise, I sure like it.

[b]Decoy:[/b] Interesting enough, but has next to no impact except for being a free Level 4 that can be used for a Synchro Summon or be Tributed. Not much else to say, the ATK/DEF drain looks fine on paper, but nobody knowing that it's there will attack it, so its unnecessary (and if you activate it during the Battle Phase, it'll trigger a replay... so yeah, useless). So all that's left is Synchro fodder and a wall that you can't get rid of (again). Not interesting, and not really playworthy.

[b]Noisy Thingy:[/b] Another attack absorber? Meh... they don't really need that. It limits your opponent's possibilities further (by now there should be some unbreakable locks, but I could not point them out), but it gets boring if you ask me. You should try to go for some more offensive Traps, something that allows you to strike back, not just defend, because that not only makes the Archetype boring, but also the whole game (face it, burn/stall decks are boring).

That's me for now, Spoon over and out.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what of I can see so far is that you have perfect solid OCG, awesome pictures, creative, balanced, and effective effects for each and every card so far.

I like the whole concept you have going on with the columns, but I have know clue what your talking about, but I'm guessing were the Monster Zone is and the Spell & Trap Zone behind that Monster Zone.. right?

Anyways excellent cards and I couldn't see anything to make this set better than it already is.

If these every get published into official Yu-Gi-Oh Cards; it will be a blast to have them.

10' +Rep (You earn it man.)

I admit I haven't read all of ANY of the effects yet. But I do like the origional effects.

Pics: 9/10 (best pics I've ever seen on YCM, but I wouldn't have made them look like they're video game characters).
Origionality: 9+/10 (VERY origional but there are similar effects like Ojama King).
Overall Coolness: 9/10.

These cards are great. Some are cool. Others are amusing. All are amazing (Out of the cards I've looked at.).

1 rep for you for genorosity.

I mean the generosity of giving away reps for reviews.

Finally there is a post that will actually be continued, and isn't crap. I'm going to try to make this short, as most everything is already rated, so I will only do what i think necessary at the time, All the cards at once. =3 Anyhow, To the rating!

Idea: WONDERFUL idea, I love video games and things that have to do with non-living things becoming living things. 10/10 FTW!

Story: I love reading, and it is fun reading something that has to do with subjects that i love, and a creative minded person. The whole idea is great, so i rate this another 10/10.

OCG: Really, I don't see any OCG errors, leading to another reason why this isn't considered crap. :D Anyhow, 10/10! Flawless man, Flawless.

Monster Cards: Leading to their names, the pictures are awesome. I also see that the pictures/names of these cards are all related to the story, making a HUGE plus. The OCG as i said, Is flawless. So that's a HUGE plus also. Effects and stats aren't really OP'ed or UP'ed. Leading to another plus. Effects are balanced and realistic, they also help out eachother. As a archetype should. Once again, A huge plus. I really believe that these monster cards deserve a HUGE 10/10, as most of these ratings iv'e given out are. Anyhow, Great job on these cards, So thats a big plus on overall, As the cards are the whole reason. =3 :D

Spell/Traps: These really do support the cards as they should. Pictures really, once again, match the names and idea of this archetype. Lovely job. Effects are balanced and aren't OP'ed or UP'ed as i can see. So that's once again a huge plus. OCG, like I said is just a perfect flawless. Which is always good. Anyhow, Love them. Great job my good friend, Great job.

[size="4"][b]Overall:[/b][/size] Well, I really love these overall, A big part is the story and idea. Idea is just a huge part of my life, video games and imagination. Relating to stuff that is awesome, Thats a huge plus. It is very, very awesome that I can see cards like this that aren't riddled with OCG errors and such. Which is nice to get a break once and awhile. Everything leans to the idea, which makes it a REAL archetype. I love archetypes that are really true archetypes. Anyhow, anbu - I love this archetype. GREAT!!!!!!!! Job. 10/10 overall. Considering i rated everything else 10/10. :D Love them, Keep it up. I'll be waiting for more cards. :D

[quote name='Dragon Master Zero' timestamp='1296983599' post='4992383']
150th rep eh? Popular set is popular. (Will work hard to make Spiritual Beasts as popular as well QQ)

Now for the rating. So you finally added some traps. Kinda hard for me to rate them since they make me dizzy (:S). Effects seem pretty controlling and I sure wouldnt want to run into that first trap. For the second trap, I think the first effect should be "After activation, Special Summon this card; it is treated as an Effect Monster Card". "Also, During the second End Phase of when this card was activated.[b](there is a period here.)[/b] Destroy all "Gamet - Aerial Bombardment Tokens" on the field." Other than that, they are pretty good.

Boss monster seems like a pain to see. Drop him, remove cards, lose him to drop more columns, and invunerability to the Field Spell. His summoning conditions make him hard to summon though so thats ok.

8.5/10.
[/quote]
How did they make you dizzy? D: But thank you for ze review.

[quote name='Spoon' timestamp='1296991143' post='4992490']
Here weeeeeee... go!

[b]Creator:[/b] Again, nearly impossible to get out, consider making it 4 in total on the field, so you can even think about summoning this. The effect sure makes up for it, being devastating as hell, but it's a constant problem that this will just linger dead in your hand... well, at least it's a Trade-In target :lol:
[b]Trade-In is the next best thing you can do with the card if you cannot get it on the field.[/b]

[b]Aerial Bombardment:[/b] Interesting time bomb, it's possible to play around it, forcing your opponent to resort to the remaining 2 columns... but I think this "playing" around is a little to hard. At least make them destroyable by card effects, otherwise its a nearly impenetrable wall for 2 turns... and they can be tributed and used for a Synchro Summon, which kinda defies their purpose. Still, card design wise, I sure like it.
[b]Why thank you, and I will consider them being able to be destroyed by card effects, or at the least, not being able to be used as any type of Fodder.[/b]

[b]Decoy:[/b] Interesting enough, but has next to no impact except for being a free Level 4 that can be used for a Synchro Summon or be Tributed. Not much else to say, the ATK/DEF drain looks fine on paper, but nobody knowing that it's there will attack it, so its unnecessary (and if you activate it during the Battle Phase, it'll trigger a replay... so yeah, useless). So all that's left is Synchro fodder and a wall that you can't get rid of (again). Not interesting, and not really playworthy.
[b]Will think about revising it.[/b]

[b]Noisy Thingy:[/b] Another attack absorber? Meh... they don't really need that. It limits your opponent's possibilities further (by now there should be some unbreakable locks, but I could not point them out), but it gets boring if you ask me. You should try to go for some more offensive Traps, something that allows you to strike back, not just defend, because that not only makes the Archetype boring, but also the whole game (face it, burn/stall decks are boring).
[b]I will guarantee you that the Spells will be quite offensive, and the Traps as well.[/b]

That's me for now, Spoon over and out.
[b]Thanks for the review.[/b]
[/quote]

[quote name='♣Master♣' timestamp='1297000070' post='4992589']
So what of I can see so far is that you have perfect solid OCG, awesome pictures, creative, balanced, and effective effects for each and every card so far.

I like the whole concept you have going on with the columns, but I have know clue what your talking about, but I'm guessing were the Monster Zone is and the Spell & Trap Zone behind that Monster Zone.. right?

Anyways excellent cards and I couldn't see anything to make this set better than it already is.

If these every get published into official Yu-Gi-Oh Cards; it will be a blast to have them.

10' +Rep (You earn it man.)
[b]Why thank you, and a Rep to you to.[/b]
[/quote]

[quote name='Spellcaster2000' timestamp='1297003916' post='4992679']
I admit I haven't read all of ANY of the effects yet. But I do like the origional effects.

Pics: 9/10 (best pics I've ever seen on YCM, but I wouldn't have made them look like they're video game characters).
Origionality: 9+/10 (VERY origional but there are similar effects like Ojama King).
Overall Coolness: 9/10.

These cards are great. Some are cool. Others are amusing. All are amazing (Out of the cards I've looked at.).

1 rep for you for genorosity.

I mean the generosity of giving away reps for reviews.
[b]Why thank you.[/b]
[/quote]

[quote name='†Marksman†' timestamp='1297005921' post='4992772']
Finally there is a post that will actually be continued, and isn't crap. I'm going to try to make this short, as most everything is already rated, so I will only do what i think necessary at the time, All the cards at once. =3 Anyhow, To the rating!

Idea: WONDERFUL idea, I love video games and things that have to do with non-living things becoming living things. 10/10 FTW!

Story: I love reading, and it is fun reading something that has to do with subjects that i love, and a creative minded person. The whole idea is great, so i rate this another 10/10.

OCG: Really, I don't see any OCG errors, leading to another reason why this isn't considered crap. :D Anyhow, 10/10! Flawless man, Flawless.

Monster Cards: Leading to their names, the pictures are awesome. I also see that the pictures/names of these cards are all related to the story, making a HUGE plus. The OCG as i said, Is flawless. So that's a HUGE plus also. Effects and stats aren't really OP'ed or UP'ed. Leading to another plus. Effects are balanced and realistic, they also help out eachother. As a archetype should. Once again, A huge plus. I really believe that these monster cards deserve a HUGE 10/10, as most of these ratings iv'e given out are. Anyhow, Great job on these cards, So thats a big plus on overall, As the cards are the whole reason. =3 :D

Spell/Traps: These really do support the cards as they should. Pictures really, once again, match the names and idea of this archetype. Lovely job. Effects are balanced and aren't OP'ed or UP'ed as i can see. So that's once again a huge plus. OCG, like I said is just a perfect flawless. Which is always good. Anyhow, Love them. Great job my good friend, Great job.

[size="4"][b]Overall:[/b][/size] Well, I really love these overall, A big part is the story and idea. Idea is just a huge part of my life, video games and imagination. Relating to stuff that is awesome, Thats a huge plus. It is very, very awesome that I can see cards like this that aren't riddled with OCG errors and such. Which is nice to get a break once and awhile. Everything leans to the idea, which makes it a REAL archetype. I love archetypes that are really true archetypes. Anyhow, anbu - I love this archetype. GREAT!!!!!!!! Job. 10/10 overall. Considering i rated everything else 10/10. :D Love them, Keep it up. I'll be waiting for more cards. :D
[b]Thank you for the review, do so appreciate it.[/b]
[/quote]
Reps to all!! Only 10 more posts until new page / new cards....which I should work on >.>

-Edit- I owe Dragon Master Zero and Spoon 2 Reps, I have reached my 'quota' for the day.

"Monsters cannot declare an attack the same turn they activate their effect(s). Monsters cannot activate their effect(s) the same turn they declared an attack."
this is redundant, only one of these statements is needed (on the field card)

but they are a pretty good set, didn't read all of them, but they are nice

[quote name='Boss Z' timestamp='1297040239' post='4994155']
"Monsters cannot declare an attack the same turn they activate their effect(s). Monsters cannot activate their effect(s) the same turn they declared an attack."
this is redundant, only one of these statements is needed (on the field card)

but they are a pretty good set, didn't read all of them, but they are nice
[/quote]
I see. Well thank you for the short comment. Your Rep will be given ASAP.

Mmm, suprah Boss Monster. As hard as Mr. Gamet Master to actually get out onto the field, i'm thinking it'd be completely worth it. He's basically used to piss off your opponent to no end, having them not be able to use columns would add to the number of cards in their hand, leabe their field less protected, etc. I wouldn't mind just using him for his last effect so I could LOLOL at my opponent. Very cool card, and seems like he's worthy of his master-title.

[quote name='waters27' timestamp='1297132430' post='4996428']
Mmm, suprah Boss Monster. As hard as Mr. Gamet Master to actually get out onto the field, i'm thinking it'd be completely worth it. He's basically used to piss off your opponent to no end, having them not be able to use columns would add to the number of cards in their hand, leabe their field less protected, etc. I wouldn't mind just using him for his last effect so I could LOLOL at my opponent. Very cool card, and seems like he's worthy of his master-title.
[/quote]
Well it would be a shame to had one my cards, especially a boss monster, to be utter crap, no? Haha, I kid. Anyways, thank you for the review, and a rep goes to you.

[quote name='Anbu-of-Sand' timestamp='1297132609' post='4996436']
Well it would be a shame to had one my cards, especially a boss monster, to be utter crap, no? Haha, I kid. Anyways, thank you for the review, and a rep goes to you.
[/quote]

I wouldn't expect it to be utter crap. ;)

And yeah, +rep to you, as well. And I feel guilty for asking, but could you take a peek at the "Spunky Soldier" thread of mine? It's been rather... void of useful comments for a week or so. Would be much appreciated, like always.

[quote name='waters27' timestamp='1297133252' post='4996467']
I wouldn't expect it to be utter crap. ;)

And yeah, +rep to you, as well. And I feel guilty for asking, but could you take a peek at the "Spunky Soldier" thread of mine? It's been rather... void of useful comments for a week or so. Would be much appreciated, like always.
[/quote]
Will do so ASAP. To be honest, I was waiting for it to reach 10 or so cards, so I can give it an Archetype review as a whole instead.

[quote name='Anbu-of-Sand' timestamp='1297133329' post='4996473']
Will do so ASAP. To be honest, I was waiting for it to reach 10 or so cards, so I can give it an Archetype review as a whole instead.
[/quote]

Ah, well, i've been told that too many cards in a thread discourages people, which makes sense. Too many cards can be daunting. So I decided to hold off until I get more comments.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[b]Trojan Fist:[/b] The image is quite stunning, that's the first thing I noticed. For the effect, it's definitely unique, but maybe it's just because it's still early in the morning, but I can't quite figure out how it's supposed to work with the rest of the set, maybe you can enlighten me?

[b]Hiding:[/b] That picture actually made me laugh :lol: The effect is pretty useful, but situational and requires quite a setup, which in the end, balances it out just enough, even though it potentially removes 3 of your opponent's monsters from play. Maybe the effect/attack shouldn't be negated, and it just goes through, but with the same consequences... so on the other hand, the name of the card then would be kinda stupid. Keeping it as it is might be the best solution after all, maybe nerfing it just a little.

[b]Release:[/b] I wish they'd do that with Diablo III <_< It's missing a "to the Graveyard" in the first sentence. Solid stuff, very versatile and fitting, nothing to complain about.

[b]Restart:[/b] Interesting and innovative idea, that last condition might not even be needed, just stoping a whole chain dead in it's track (maybe add a "neither player can chain to this card" or something like that) is already pretty powerful, that last effect just makes it a bit confusing... but in the end, why not keep it, the card's well designed overall, nothing to complain about it either :)

[quote name='Spoon' timestamp='1300621113' post='5084738']
[b]Trojan Fist:[/b] The image is quite stunning, that's the first thing I noticed. For the effect, it's definitely unique, but maybe it's just because it's still early in the morning, but I can't quite figure out how it's supposed to work with the rest of the set, maybe you can enlighten me?
[b]To be honest, it wasn't really made to work for most / majority of the Set. It was mainly made just for annoyance, stall, and a bit of burn. It can work with some of the other monsters / cards in the Archetype though. Otherwise, it's pretty much just for a tech / side deck, depending on how you want to run this Archetype.[/b]

[b]Hiding:[/b] That picture actually made me laugh :lol: The effect is pretty useful, but situational and requires quite a setup, which in the end, balances it out just enough, even though it potentially removes 3 of your opponent's monsters from play. Maybe the effect/attack shouldn't be negated, and it just goes through, but with the same consequences... so on the other hand, the name of the card then would be kinda stupid. Keeping it as it is might be the best solution after all, maybe nerfing it just a little.
[b]I'll think about it nerfing it someway or another. And even though it does have the potential to remove 3, they all have to be next to that monster and have the same Level, so at most, this would remove only 1 or 2 monsters. Three would be quite rare, but quite the play to see in a Duel.[/b]

[b]Release:[/b] I wish they'd do that with Diablo III <_< It's missing a "to the Graveyard" in the first sentence. Solid stuff, very versatile and fitting, nothing to complain about.
[b]Icwutudidthar ;) Thank you, and will fix ASAP.[/b]

[b]Restart:[/b] Interesting and innovative idea, that last condition might not even be needed, just stoping a whole chain dead in it's track (maybe add a "neither player can chain to this card" or something like that) is already pretty powerful, that last effect just makes it a bit confusing... but in the end, why not keep it, the card's well designed overall, nothing to complain about it either :)
[b]Good to know :)[/b]
[/quote]
Thank you for your review Spoon, a rep goes to you :) And if you need a review, just let me know :) I hopefully plan on finishing this Archetype by the end of Spring Break so I can immediately go onto the next. Reason is, I have something really fantastic to come when I finish making [b]7 Archetypes[/b]. Not that '7' is a hint or anything....actually, I guess it can be a hint, but not really a good one :P

The 4 new cards are perfect as well as the rest.

I'm telling you man; I can't think of how to help you out cause you got this all!

But I will provide help by commenting.

I really do like the card concept of the effects having to due with columns; I've never seen any thing done like that. So it's unique to me, very unique.

10'

Perfect Job.

[quote name='♠>:Stick-Man:<♠' timestamp='1300788493' post='5089141']
The 4 new cards are perfect as well as the rest.

I'm telling you man; I can't think of how to help you out cause you got this all!

But I will provide help by commenting.

I really do like the card concept of the effects having to due with columns; I've never seen any thing done like that. So it's unique to me, very unique.

10'

Perfect Job.
[/quote]
Tahnk you very much Stick Man, please, have this Rep in return :)

i never comes with those cards idea, manipulating column of your opponent is very original. :D

,speechless just awesome..no OCG Errors, also all effects is balanced, creative. A+ For You

as for a new Spell and Trap i personally love this "Gamet Tactic - Hiding from the Boss":)

[quote name='Maha Guns' timestamp='1300805305' post='5089440']
i never comes with those cards idea, manipulating column of your opponent is very original. :D

,speechless just awesome..no OCG Errors, also all effects is balanced, creative. A+ For You

as for a new Spell and Trap i personally love this "Gamet Tactic - Hiding from the Boss":)
[/quote]
Why thank you for the review, and a rep goes to you. I hope you will continue to review any more cards that will be added to this Archetype in the (near) future, which isn't that much, with only 2 pages left until completion :)

[quote name='The Twizzler' timestamp='1300829880' post='5090039']
I LOVE the cards. They are AWESOME!!!
[/quote]
Thank you for the short yet motivational review, and a rep goes to you :)

[quote name='Maha Guns' timestamp='1300846056' post='5090767']
okay, ill keep an eye to your archetype,.:)
[/quote]
Good to know as well :D

Archived