The Official Metal/Hardcore Thread

~NOiSE~

Never could get into Finch, might check those demos just to see what they're about. 

First three In Flames albums are the best. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1ITKxgnmUI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPbObVABzz4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svxnN6UKyVw

Colony - Come Clarity is usually what I go for when it comes down to In Flames. I cant stand Lunar Strain but The Jesters Race and Whoracle are cool.

I still love Finch, Say Hello to Sunshine was a really fucking great album and Back to Oblivion was good too, What It Is To Burn was good for what its worth.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colony - Come Clarity is usually what I go for when it comes down to In Flames. I cant stand Lunar Strain but The Jesters Race and Whoracle are cool.

I still love Finch, Say Hello to Sunshine was a really funking great album and Back to Oblivion was good too, What It Is To Burn was good for what its worth.

I dig In Flames later stuff too but I just think they watered down their sound quite a bit with Colony and Clayman. The songs started becoming more formulaic around then, Anders started using his clean vocals more, and the band just became much more overall accessible. They're good but don't provide the same feeling I get from the more death metal-influenced stuff. And c'mon, Lunar Strain had Mikael Stanne on vocals! Reroute to Remain up to now are a different story altogether lol

I dig In Flames later stuff too but I just think they watered down their sound quite a bit with Colony and Clayman. The songs started becoming more formulaic around then, Anders started using his clean vocals more, and the band just became much more overall accessible. They're good but don't provide the same feeling I get from the more death metal-influenced stuff. And c'mon, Lunar Strain had Mikael Stanne on vocals! Reroute to Remain up to now are a different story altogether lol

Colony and Clayman were anything but watered down way more melodic and catchy yes but not watered down. Lunar Strain will always be the one In Flames album that I cant stand though their newest album seems like its shaping up to be a miserable load of shit. I dont like Mikaels vocals on In Flames and I cant stand the folky forest nonsense thrown all over it, the production is also really bad, it doesnt fit at all with the melodies whatsoever. Never listened to Subterranean but I doubt id like it.

Also speaking of new In Flames they have made another bad song

Anders cleans sound fucking horrible on this one

I just don't think Colony is very interesting compared to the ones before it. I'm actually going to listen to Clayman today because it's been awhile. I think Lunar Strain rules though, Mikael's vocals and lyrics are always great and it's one of the first real melodeath albums with great riffs and solos. Subterranean might work for you, you should check it.

My copy of Atoma shipped today, so stoked.

I just don't think Colony is very interesting compared to the ones before it. I'm actually going to listen to Clayman today because it's been awhile. I think Lunar Strain rules though, Mikael's vocals and lyrics are always great and it's one of the first real melodeath albums with great riffs and solos. Subterranean might work for you, you should check it.

My copy of Atoma shipped today, so stoked.

Imo his vocals sound very poor and forced on Lunar Strain, thank goodness he left for Dark Tranquillity. It was one of the first melodeath albums so its melodies are way less developed. Colony and Clayman were the albums where the band really did what they were always trying to do in the 90s whereas the albums before that they were still trying to figure out what to do of course Whoracle and The Jesters Race are still enjoyable but Lunar Strain has always been a no go for me, its just so grating for me to listen to it. Id rather hear In Flames being melodic at the forefront than to hear them trying to be more Death Metal which they were so obviously trying to get away from doing. Ill still look into Subterranean someday but I just dont think theres as much in their earlier stuff for me that other people get from it.

Ill probably download a leak of Atoma sometime when im in the mood for melodeath.

idk. i just found this while f*cking around on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmNYbbmgdbI

Doesnt sound too bad might check out the whole thing sometime else.

Been listening to this a lot today. The live and acoustic songs suck hard but the 5 original songs rule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlkEwVLGgLU

The compilation EP thingy is called If We Could Only See Us Now.

I've seen that comp before but I didn't know there were any original tracks on it, I'll have to check those.

Saw The Dillinger Escape Plan the other day on their final tour. Cult Leader, Car Bomb and O' Brother all opened, it was awesome. I bought the last two Car Bomb album along with a t shirt and a hoodie. Their new album is sick.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1-eJsVehlPU

Still can't funking embed videos with my phone lol

I've seen that comp before but I didn't know there were any original tracks on it, I'll have to check those.

Saw The Dillinger Escape Plan the other day on their final tour. Cult Leader, Car Bomb and O' Brother all opened, it was awesome. I bought the last two Car Bomb album along with a t shirt and a hoodie. Their new album is sick.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1-eJsVehlPU

Still can't fucking embed videos with my phone lol

I never got the chance to see TDEP, fuck.

Listened to Cult Leader once dont have anything against them but I dont remember them leaving a big impact on me. Car Bomb are great but I havent listened to the new one yet. Heard of O'Brother but never listened to anything theyve done.

Listened to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gKWm4jX2Ww

Try doing [ media ] *insert link here* [ /media ] without the spaces, that works on my phone.

for some reason videos aren't showing up at all for me. no ones.

boysetsfire is alright, i guess.

edit: these two show up fine...... ?????

Same thing is happening to me if you delete the HTTPS from the link all videos will show up idk why this is happening but yeah i think there is a problem with the site not us....

for some reason videos aren't showing up at all for me. no ones.

boysetsfire is alright, i guess.

edit: these two show up fine...... ?????

lol nice, I'm actually listening to Phobocosm right now, they'll be opening for Ulcerate on Thursday. 

Also opening for them is 

Same thing is happening to me if you delete the HTTPS from the link all videos will show up idk why this is happening but yeah i think there is a problem with the site not us....

probably the site.

lol nice, I'm actually listening to Phobocosm right now, they'll be opening for Ulcerate on Thursday. 

Also opening for them is 

that's really cool. and of course the place they're touring that's closest to me isn't selling tickets. depending on the time i might be able to make the one on the 22nd though. nope. age limit. oh well.

Ive got two Phobocosm albums (Deprived and Bringer of Drought) and that Zhrine album, listening to Zhrine right now I got addicted to it from the first track alone. Will listen to Phobocosm some other time.

Yeah the site has been funking up with tons of glitches and bugs all over the place. funking hell. Least it was better than it was in mid October when the site went completely batshit.

so i watch This Exists on youtube and recently saw the one where he called out Last Sacrament (it was about microtonal music) and I gotta say.. it's pretty good.

Dang, these guys are based two hours away from me and I'd never heard of them until now. I'm really into weird atonal sheet like this so I dig them, don't really think they take full advantage of microtonal aspect of their music that they advertise though. Think they could benefit from using it more, like Jute Gyte. 

Archived