YCSトロント トーナメントデッキ

burnpsy

Looks really solid as always, but side some Kinetic Soldiers.

Off-topic: Yesterday my friend was playing Morphtronics and he was messing with Map and got 7 counters on it (he was playing versus my friend using my empty jar deck poorly) I forget the exact setup but he also had 2 Radion and 1 Boomboxen and he used Compulsory to get rid of the only monster on the other side. To top it off, he doesn't have the complete deck. He's missing 1 Scopen, 1 Boomboxen, Warnings, Judgment, and 1 Remoten.

edit: also needs to take out books because banlist

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slightly off-topic: I need to get rid of one of my Colossal Fighter chants. Having 2 for it is just... >___>

[quote name='RobotBowtieOfDestruction' timestamp='1297947938' post='5014161']
Looks really solid as always, but side some Kinetic Soldiers.

Off-topic: Yesterday my friend was playing Morphtronics and he was messing with Map and got 7 counters on it (he was playing versus my friend using my empty jar deck poorly) I forget the exact setup but he also had 2 Radion and 1 Boomboxen and he used Compulsory to get rid of the only monster on the other side. To top it off, he doesn't have the complete deck. He's missing 1 Scopen, 1 Boomboxen, Warnings, Judgment, and 1 Remoten.

edit: also needs to take out books because banlist
[/quote]

I'd run Maps if I had the room, myself. I remember getting 12 counters before - it was hilarious.

Space for the Soldiers?

I'll replace the Books with the Smashings I just removed, for now.

[quote name='.Kowalski' timestamp='1297950381' post='5014191']
New banlist solved your Extra Deck problem I guess
[/quote]

Not in the slightest. Now I lack a LV6...

*replaces Goyo Guardian with Naturia Barkion*

Yep, still need to cut something. >___>

Psy do you have the solemn warnings? I like this. Using a single deck over and over builds strong play instincts and that's critical in any tournament. Add your depth of skill to that fact and you're a random threat to be reckoned with.

A mistake I often see in morphtronic decks is that they splash in non morph monsters - you've limited that this time around - when you hit celfon you need to be able to abuse the hell outta him in a hurry. I think it looks simplistic and clean.

I think YCM needs to support you in your efforts either with advice, or trading. It might be a good idea for YCM to sponsor your registration and maybe get you a customized shirt with the site link on it. Just an idea.

EDIT: No, not really. The restoration is quite handy, but not completely needed. Should I toss that?

Queue of cards to add/test:

[list]
[*]Kinetic Soldier (Side Deck)
[*]Morphtronic Map [size="1"][b](NOTE: Previously removed for space, but was quite good)[/b][/size]
[*]Malefic Cyber End Dragon [size="1"][b](NOTE: Tested, but was never drawn)[/b][/size]
[*]Meklord Emperor Wisel
[*]Morphtronic Repair Unit
[/list]

I also still need to cut the Extra to 15.

[quote name='HaouJudai' timestamp='1297976710' post='5014882']
Psy do you have the solemn warnings? I like this. Using a single deck over and over builds strong play instincts and that's critical in any tournament. Add your depth of skill to that fact and you're a random threat to be reckoned with.

A mistake I often see in morphtronic decks is that they splash in non morph monsters - you've limited that this time around - when you hit celfon you need to be able to abuse the hell outta him in a hurry. I think it looks simplistic and clean.

I think YCM needs to support you in your efforts either with advice, or trading. It might be a good idea for YCM to sponsor your registration and maybe get you a customized shirt with the site link on it. Just an idea.
[/quote]

My baby brother pulled one from his free pack when he went to YCS Toronto 2010. He let me have it. So I have the first Warning, but not the second.

The way I set up my Morphs is to make sure that Morphtronic monsters make up more than 1 in every 3.5 cards (in a 40-card deck, that's 11.42 Morphs). 3.5 is the average result of a die roll, so it would give me a rather nice chance of pulling out a Morph. As long as I do that, it honestly doesn't matter how many non-Morphs I run, Celfon will likely get something anyways.

As for the last part of your post... I'm here, asking for their advice. As for the rest, that'll likely not happen.

[quote name='-Dae-' timestamp='1297984394' post='5015145']
Yes...at least as for now...

And be getting ready for if we somehow get a good exceed someday....XD
[/quote]

If we get any good Rank 1, Rank 3, or Rank 4 ones, I'd gladly run it... If space gets found. But that can wait until such a card appears.

I managed to squeeze in some previously recommended Kinetic Soldiers by removing a Veiler and RftDD from my side.

Queue update:

[list]
[*]Morphtronic Map [size="1"][b](NOTE: Previously removed for space, but was quite good)[/b][/size]
[*]Malefic Cyber End Dragon [size="1"][b](NOTE: Tested, but was never drawn)[/b][/size]
[*]Meklord Emperor Wisel
[*]Morphtronic Repair Unit
[*]Return from the Different Dimension [size="1"][b](NOTE: Previously removed for space, but was quite good)[/b][/size]
[/list]

[quote name='RobotBowtieOfDestruction' timestamp='1297986261' post='5015201']
neg smashing for stuff on list?
[/quote]

The thing is that, while the Books and Smashings look like they're expendable, they were added in because I kept losing to generic beatsticks. I don't think I should remove them unless you can think of another way to stop big beaters from being the death of me.

(inb4MorphtronicBind)

[quote name='RobotBowtieOfDestruction' timestamp='1297986740' post='5015217']
imo smashing wont be that good against random beatsticks. they'll still destroy your guy before you destroy the beatstick next turn. you could put in other protection idk
[/quote]

The issue, in this case, being "what protection is available that neutralizes the threat for more than a turn without hurting me at the same time?" The Smashings are in there because I couldn't find a decent answer. Stuff like T-Roar won't help, since the threat's still there next turn, except I won't have T-Roar then. As you said, stuff like Smashing won't be much good either, since they've already had a stab at me before I can stop their beatstick - but at least it gets rid of it.

So, that pretty much means that I need to find the middle-ground cards - stuff that blocks for more than a turn or stuff that can get rid of opposing monsters during the opponent's turn, all while not hindering me. Stuff like Morphtronic Bind, Dimensional Prison and Enemy Controller come to mind.

Thoughts?

[quote name='RobotBowtieOfDestruction' timestamp='1297988779' post='5015293']
Mostly Dimensional. is bind good?
[/quote]

I honestly only ever tried it when I first started playing Morphs. Its main fault is that your opponent can use effect destruction on your monsters, then Bind does nothing to stop them.

Should I try Bind, or should I just go for Dimensional?

[quote name='legolover09' timestamp='1297990578' post='5015362']
Bind because it is a morphtronic card and your opponent could havea counter for mind, but it is more likely they won't have a counter for morph
[/quote]
FAIL DETECTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you still having Extra trouble/ Too lazy to check. If so, maybe move Ancient Fairy to side? Or is that stupid?

[quote name='Kikoutei Penguin Infinity' timestamp='1297990698' post='5015368']
FAIL DETECTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you still having Extra trouble/ Too lazy to check. If so, maybe move Ancient Fairy to side? Or is that stupid?
[/quote]

The Extra Deck trouble has been solved by giving Life Stream the axe for now.

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1297979249' post='5014976']
...My baby brother pulled one from his free pack when he went to YCS Toronto 2010. He let me have it. So I have the first Warning, but not the second.

The way I set up my Morphs is to make sure that Morphtronic monsters make up more than 1 in every 3.5 cards (in a 40-card deck, that's 11.42 Morphs). 3.5 is the average result of a die roll, so it would give me a rather nice chance of pulling out a Morph. As long as I do that, it honestly doesn't matter how many non-Morphs I run, Celfon will likely get something anyways.

As for the last part of your post... I'm here, asking for their advice. As for the rest, that'll likely not happen.
[/quote]
Allright - if you don't have your second as time gets closer I will take care of it - this would have to be done with your parent's permission and assistance.

[quote name='HaouJudai' timestamp='1297993046' post='5015464']
Allright - if you don't have your second as time gets closer I will take care of it - this would have to be done with your parent's permission and assistance.
[/quote]

Random guess: You're going to suggest something along the lines of lending me a copy, aren't you?

[quote name='Kikoutei Penguin Infinity' timestamp='1297993384' post='5015482']
Without him though, do you need Power Tool?
[/quote]

Aside from Armory Arm shenanigans, PTD isn't needed anymore. And Armory Arm stuff is funny. xD

But what would I put in its place? A second Stardust? A second Rose? Mist Wurm/Trishula? The Fortress Dragon from my side? Cyber End Dragon after squeezing Morph Map and Malefic End into the main?

Archived