YCSトロント トーナメントデッキ

burnpsy

[quote name='Odin el Padre de los Aesir' timestamp='1300177997' post='5074941']
Also Warning/Judgment/7Tools can clash into your Ancient Sacred Wyvern.
[/quote]

That they do... but just double Warning + Judgment didn't really hurt Wyvern that much if I was careful enough with my usage. Adding 2 Seven Tools into the equation probably wouldn't hurt much on that front, especially since I won't draw all 5 in the same duel.

My main concern is the strain on my LP in general. Honestly, I have no idea how to test specifically for a good ratio of Warnings to Bottomlesses, and I have no idea where to fit them in after Batteryman's changes.

First post has been updated with the current build, since I figured I'd need to actually see it in list form. The more I look, the more I'm convinced that there's no room.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='Odin el Padre de los Aesir' timestamp='1300224620' post='5075688']
Neg Book for Malefic Cyber End?
[/quote]

While Malefic End is good, finding 2 more slots for the defenses should take priority over fitting in Malefic End and squeezing something out of the Extra Deck for Cyber End.

If I cut the Seven Tools to 1, I just need one more slot.

[quote name='Odin el Padre de los Aesir' timestamp='1300225483' post='5075711']
Well yeah Malefic Cyber End can be a bad idea since you would need to find room for Cyber End.
Also I would test Swords and Gorz or 2 Reaper over Morph Bind.
[/quote]

Reaper's a waste of Monster Card Zones (I do need all 5 for a few plays), and doesn't stop the opponent from hitting a lone Celfon.

Swords has a time limit but no condition, Bind has a condition but no time limit. Unless the opponent starts flipping stuff face-down or drops Dark Hole, Bind should be fine. The condition hasn't really been much of an issue.

Gorz used to be mained. However, Gorz with Field Spells and Continuous Traps in the deck is a no go.

Also, squeezing in Malefic End isn't necessarily a bad thing, just hard. I'm merely saying that removing 1 or 2 cards for 2 Warning/BTH is more important right now. Trying to force open a slot in the Extra Deck can happen afterwards.

[quote name='Sephiroth_The_Legend' timestamp='1300372319' post='5078750']
have you tested the Machina engine?

with Lighton being a level 1 tuner, you can make easy level 8 synchros with Fortress and i've never seen
fortress to ever be a bad card.....

you'd probably need to re-work the entire deck, but just to give you something to think about maybe even test in future.
[/quote]

Haven't tried it, but it honestly looks like something that will mainly fill up deck slots in an annoying fashion, as well as being rather hard to use with all of the non-existent hands I have.

What exactly would the engine look like? I may be able to squeeze it in here for a test. It's not like I'm not forcing in way too much as-is.

[quote name='.Kowalski' timestamp='1300372672' post='5078754']
3 Machina Gearframe
2-3 Machina Fortress
0-1 Machine Force
[/quote]

So, speaking in bare minimums here for a minute, that's 3 Gearframes and 2 Fortresses. My Thunder Kings will have to be moved to the Side Deck to accomodate for them, but it honestly doesn't look like I need to mess with my build much to test them.

Though I'd need help fitting them in. Any suggestions on stuff to cut?

EDIT: Seph's suggestion includes Lighton abuse, so I may end up needing another Lighton as well. >___>

Sorry for the early bump.

Tested the Machina engine. My consistency probably rose by a good 15% or so. ._.

Also, now that Formula is getting summoned often, Barkion alone won't cut it, although I get the requirements for Barkion pretty often too (for LV6, that is), and its effect is quite good.

Furthermore, the addition on more LV4s when I have Formula being summoned rather commonly actually makes Ally of Justice Decisive Armor's requirements stupidly easy to fulfill. And even if it ends up as just a beatstick, it's a machine. Using Limiter Removal on it is no laughing matter.

I tested everything by shoving everything in and making the deck count become somewhere around 49. After that, I cut corners wherever possible. After that, I ended up with this.

The deck's even better now, but it runs 44/18/15. 43 is too much in the main, 18 is an illegal amount for the Extra. If I side Decisive Armor for opponents with a large LIGHT count, that still leaves 44/17/16, which makes the Side Deck illegal-level big too.

Basically, deck size is now a complete mess after testing. I need help chopping a few things off of here.

@Odin: I can probably cut the Book. But if the testing showed me anything, it's that opening hands with just weak Morphs + support spells are still all over the place.

@Seph: I knew it was just an idea. I'm saying that it somehow worked out well in practice.

I'm considering siding the Book, since it's my only way past certain threats that I can't destroy. In any case, I'll edit Book out of the main when I get to a computer.

As for the Extra... My best bet may be to cut PTD, but I'm worried about only having 3 LV7s. It'll probably be fine in the average duel, though.

Now that I'm at a computer...

I'm siding the Book (well damn, now the [i]Side Deck[/i] is what needs to be cut down to 15).

PTD has been cut, leaving the Extra Deck ratio as follows:

LV2: 1
LV3: 0
LV4: 1
LV5: 1
LV6: 1
LV7: 3
LV8: 4
LV9: 0
LV10: 1 (+1 sided)
LV11: 0
LV12: 1
Fusion: 1 (+1 sided)
Exceed: 0

Deck size is now 43/15/16. I need to cut 3 more cards from the main and 1 from the side. I'll see if cutting a Warning hurts or not. If it doesn't I'll chop it to 1. If I do, I still need 2 cards to cut from the main and 1 from the side. Having exactly 40 is extra important in Morphs, or Celfon's rolls are a little less likely to succeed.

EDIT: Removed a CyDra from the side.
EDIT2: Warning goes to 1 for now.
EDIT3: Gearframe has been chopped down to 1.

[quote name='GenexAllyRemote' timestamp='1300455623' post='5080615']
I don't see how Malefic End can be good for the deck... I would side moon and cut ends to make the deck 42 cards.
[/quote]

You can't always just swarm. Sometimes, you need the raw power. Also, it's an effortless 4000 ATK Machine beater. >___>

[quote name='Sephiroth_The_Legend' timestamp='1300490997' post='5081749']
It's a win condition in itself.

but with Fortress, you don't need Cyber End. Fortress is fairly beefy and is able to remove most threats on his own.

maybe...
-1 cyber end
-1 map

puts you at 41.

and that way

-1 cyber end from extra
[/quote]

Uhh... Have you checked the first post? I'm already at 41.

Also, Map is a 3 or 0 card. And I don't see what the problem is in using both, both are strong Machine beaters and Malefic End can pay the full cost for Fortress if I somehow draw it dead.

[quote name='Sephiroth_The_Legend' timestamp='1300521106' post='5082489']
oh shi- you are too....

i'm just considering the possibility you might dead draw at least 1 of the Maps, making it useless. but your the Morph expert.

well, there's nothing really you can drop then......
[/quote]

The Maps are best when I draw one while I have another. I deliberately destroy them to revive something.

It hurts to not be able to cut something. I'd honestly prefer to have 2 Gearframe, too...

[quote name='Odin el Padre de los Aesir' timestamp='1300528852' post='5082560']
Give Machina Fortress a chant :D
[/quote]

Unlike the other stuff, I'm not searching my Deck/Extra Deck for Machina Fortress as I summon it, so there's no chance to say it.

Archived