YCSトロント トーナメントデッキ

burnpsy

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1297994749' post='5015558']
Random guess: You're going to suggest something along the lines of lending me a copy, aren't you?...
[/quote]
Nope. I will send you a solemn warning by buying it on ebay and having it sent directly to you. I don't have any ulterior motive other than to support your performance. This may sound stupid but you are a skilled - honorable duelist. I'm impressed. I want to support that.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='HaouJudai' timestamp='1298031575' post='5016180']
Nope. I will send you a solemn warning by buying it on ebay and having it sent directly to you. I don't have any ulterior motive other than to support your performance. This may sound stupid but you are a skilled - honorable duelist. I'm impressed. I want to support that.
[/quote]
This guy is cool.

That's just awesome.

[quote name='HaouJudai' timestamp='1298031575' post='5016180']
[/quote]

[size="7"][b]JAW. DROP.[/b][/size]

I was [i]hoping[/i] for that, but then my mind went into "people aren't that nice" mode.

This has happened to me exactly once before, when someone sent me a copy of Luxury Ball (a PKMN uncommon-rarity staple), but I never expected something like Warning. O.o

Thanks for the offer. O.O

---

In any case, in order to prevent this thread from being justifiably de-railed by that, I tried to test Bind last night. I only drew it twice.

The first time, my opponent killed it with MST in the End Phase, but I was controlling the game's tempo at that point anyways. The second time, I drew it when I had AFD on the field and Lighton in my hand, but I had already summoned that turn. I set it anyways, figuring AFD wouldn't be allowed to stay out for long. Then my opponent summoned Caius and decided to RFP my face-down instead of AFD for some reason.

Something else that I noticed is that I tend to use Lighton to swap my LV7s for LV8s. It's quite astonishing how useful a monster with such a bad effect can be here from just being a Morphtronic.

[quote name='.Kowalski' timestamp='1298047690' post='5016424']
Why do you want Wisel? How many means do you have to summon it?
[/quote]

It's just something I've wanted to try. Now that you mention it, I [i]would[/i] rely on my opponent to summon it most of the time (the exceptions being Dark Hole and TT, and possibly Limiter Removal and Scopen if they don't miss the timing).

Queue Update:

[list]
[*]Morphtronic Map [size="1"][b](NOTE: Previously removed for space, but was quite good)[/b][/size]
[*]Malefic Cyber End Dragon [size="1"][b](NOTE: Tested, but was never drawn; can only be added after Morphtronic Map)[/b][/size]
[*]Morphtronic Repair Unit
[*]Return from the Different Dimension [size="1"][b](NOTE: Previously removed for space, but was quite good)[/b][/size]
[/list]

Just Tested.

Bind is amazing... so far. The only problem I've had with it is when I got Mirror Forced and left with 0 Morphs. I have yet to draw Book since I've dropped it to 1, so I'm questioning whether or not it's still useful, but it probably is. As of the current moment, every single card in the Main Deck has proven its usefulness except for Trunade and Book (although Book was useful @3).

As for my Extra Deck, the only card that I question is Shooting Star, due to the Tuner count of my deck. Its multi-attack effect is completely worthless in here, but not the other effects.

As for the Side Deck... I have no idea if it's good or bad. Like every time, that's the main point I'd like to focus on for changes.

EDIT: Also need a more generic LV6 Synchro.

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1298072607' post='5017340']
EDIT: Also need a more generic LV6 Synchro.
[/quote]

By "More Generic", I assume you mean generic. So, I did some looking up on the wiki, and here's what I got for Level 6s:

ICD
Gaia Knight
Uruquizas
Splendid Rose

Out of those four (I couldn't find any other Synchros that better fit your requirements, save Barkion, which you're running), the only one I'd even think of running is Gaia Knight, and only because (obvious) of his beatstick potential. Splendid Rose doesn't even fit your Deck (but she is generic), Uruquizas takes too long to get his ATK to a decent Level, and ICD's mill is too potentially beneficial to your opponent to consider using. Therefore, I'd say to run Gaia Knight. The question then becomes "What do you neg for Gaia Knight?" I'd say Red Nova, if you don't get it out that often. Otherwise, I don't know what to say.

[quote name='A Veritable Truth' timestamp='1298078385' post='5017507']
By "More Generic", I assume you mean generic. So, I did some looking up on the wiki, and here's what I got for Level 6s:

ICD
Gaia Knight
Uruquizas
Splendid Rose

Out of those four (I couldn't find any other Synchros that better fit your requirements, save Barkion, which you're running), the only one I'd even think of running is Gaia Knight, and only because (obvious) of his beatstick potential. Splendid Rose doesn't even fit your Deck (but she is generic), Uruquizas takes too long to get his ATK to a decent Level, and ICD's mill is too potentially beneficial to your opponent to consider using. Therefore, I'd say to run Gaia Knight. The question then becomes "What do you neg for Gaia Knight?" I'd say Red Nova, if you don't get it out that often. Otherwise, I don't know what to say.
[/quote]

I've actually found that I'd be able to summon Red Nova quite often if I can just get in the habit of fetching RDA more often.

I only need one LV6, really. I can barely ever actually go for that level to begin with, but it's needed for completeness and those rare occasions. So if I were to add Gaia Knight, it would go over Barkion.

So the real question becomes "Which is better here, Barkion or Gaia Knight?"

[b]Naturia Barkion[/b]
Pros: Nice effect; would be rather abusable if I ran RftDD; can protect my combos from non-Counter Traps
Cons: Only summonable with Remoten + Boarden or Remoten + 3 Celfons without factoring in the Side Deck (both of which are simple enough to do); 100 less ATK

[b]Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth[/b]
Pros: 100 more ATK; Scopen (with Boarden or a few Celfons/Valleys), Formula (with any LV4) and Lighton (with any LV4 + Celfon/Valley) are valid Tuners; gives Colossal 100 more ATK; is a Colossal target (but why would you?)
Cons: No effect; gives Colossal 100 more ATK

...Which of those sound better to you? I'm leaning slightly towards Barkion.

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1298079330' post='5017537']
I've actually found that I'd be able to summon Red Nova quite often if I can just get in the habit of fetching RDA more often.

I only need one LV6, really. I can barely ever actually go for that level to begin with, but it's needed for completeness and those rare occasions. So if I were to add Gaia Knight, it would go over Barkion.

So the real question becomes "Which is better here, Barkion or Gaia Knight?"

[b]Naturia Barkion[/b]
Pros: Nice effect; would be rather abusable if I ran RftDD; can protect my combos from non-Counter Traps
Cons: Only summonable with Remoten + Boarden or Remoten + 3 Celfons without factoring in the Side Deck (both of which are simple enough to do); 100 less ATK

[b]Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth[/b]
Pros: 100 more ATK; Scopen (with Boarden or a few Celfons/Valleys), Formula (with any LV4) and Lighton (with any LV4 + Celfon/Valley) are valid Tuners; gives Colossal 100 more ATK; is a Colossal target (but why would you?)
Cons: No effect; gives Colossal 100 more ATK

...Which of those sound better to you? I'm leaning slightly towards Barkion.
[/quote]
I think Brionac sounds the best. You can dump targets for Junk Box/Repair Unit while clearing the opponent's field. Then OTK with the knowledge that your cards are safe.

EDIT: Giving Colossal 100 Atk is a pro because makes Fish OTK a small amount harder to do.

[quote name='RobotBowtieOfDestruction' timestamp='1298079749' post='5017554']
I think Brionac sounds the best. You can dump targets for Junk Box/Repair Unit while clearing the opponent's field. Then OTK with the knowledge that your cards are safe.
[/quote]

I'd have picked that quite a ways back if my hands had more than 3 cards on a regular basis (and I usually have 1 or 2).

[quote name='RobotBowtieOfDestruction' timestamp='1298079953' post='5017562']
I edited my post. Also, have you tried it?
[/quote]

Here's an idea - I'll test Brionac and whichever one's better between Barkion and Gaia Knight in the Extra, alternating them every duel while deliberately trying to summon them in order to see which one works out better. I'll do that later, but that still makes me need to figure out which is better between Barkion and Gaia Knight.

I just doubt Brionac would be very useful with my small hand count, is all. In every other deck I can think of that isn't Infernities, Brionac wins automatically.

After 5+ test duels with both, I summoned Barkion and Brionac 0 times each. Although I had an opportunity to summon Barkion once, I has an OTK move I could do instead at that point. Testing will continue.

Added summon chants for every Synchro except Barkion, Brionac, Thought Ruler, and Catastor. Most of them are references, ask me if curious.

Queue reminder:

[list]
[*]Morphtronic Map [size="1"][b](NOTE: Previously removed for space, but was quite good)[/b][/size]
[*]Malefic Cyber End Dragon [size="1"][b](NOTE: Tested, but was never drawn; can only be added after Morphtronic Map)[/b][/size]
[*]Morphtronic Repair Unit
[*]Return from the Different Dimension [size="1"][b](NOTE: Previously removed for space, but was quite good)[/b][/size]
[/list]

While testing, I found several times when Map would've helped (e.g. switching positions to get over an Emissary of Darkness Token, plus my opponent killed me by using Rose to destroy my field and attack for game in the same scenario). No such opportunities for the other 3.

Bind continues to be pro. Trunade has proved its useful ness. Book has still not been drawn since being cut to 1. So far, I have 0 bad cards and 1 instance of drawing dead. However, I should note that my win rate seems to be about 60-40.

BUMP

[quote name='Loki el Señor de los Aesir' timestamp='1298197061' post='5020411']
I think you need to be less focussed on it being pure morphtronics, because when you play sams you have so few outs to them in game 1.
[/quote]

The plan was consistency, not necessarily pure Morphs.

In any case... What do you mean by that?

As in, your monster line-up is entirely made out of Morphs (give or take a few cards), this basically means you have less ways to counter things.

Because Morphs have however-many-otks it means you're running alot of them to make sure you can pull off alot of them. This in turn will reduce consistency. This is because you'll be far more likely to draw into the Morphs you don't need. You're only draw engine is cyber valley(?) and that's a terrible engine.

I would seriously think about playing Upstarts/Dualities.

Archived