• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I suppose I should review this list completely:

[quote name='March 2011 list']
Forbidden:
Goyo Guardian [b]Good, but I don't think it really matters at this point.[/b]
Cold Wave [b]Finally![/b]
Mass Driver [b]This is fine until the Blazing MARS is released. If it is released with its current effect, I think I'd rather ban the infinite summoning combos.[/b]

Limited:
Honest [b]This will give me more room for Aliens in my Alien deck.[/b]
Dandylion [b]I was thinking limiting Lonefire, but this is fine as well.[/b]
Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow [b]Konami getting Blackwing users to troll less.[/b]
Book of Moon [b]Really, Konami!? The Excess monsters' effects don't look that good anyway! The only reason I could understand this is if every Exceed monster has a negative effect if it has 0 Overlay Units and flipping an Excess monster facedown really does remove its Overlay Units.[/b]
Gateway of the Six [b]I'd rather see it banned, but maybe it won't be so disastrous at 1.[/b]

Semi-Limited
Card Trooper [b]Fine at 2 since Derp can't pull out 2 more.[/b]
Archlord Kristya [b]Yeah, I kinda felt this was rather powerful. I'm sure only being at 2 won't hurt Fairy decks too much, though.[/b]
Spirit Reaper [b]Isn't this better than Marshmallon? Isn't Marshmallon at 1?[/b]
Debris Dragon [b]Wow, TWO hits to Dandy Debris decks. Then again, semi-ing generally doesn't mean too much, so I would have rather seen Lonefire limited.[/b]
Royal Tribute [b]Has Konami ever been this preemptive before, or is Necrovalley decent tech in OCG?[/b]
Overload Fusion [b]Chimeratech Overdragon OTK just became twice as consistent.[/b]
Megamorph [b]Not sure about this, actually.[/b]
Solemn Warning [b]I haven't seen this in action, but this looks more like Haou's "it's at 3 in every deck so Konami hit it" Konamilogic than anything.[/b]
Icarus Attack [b]This was only hit because [s]it helps Blackwings get around Consecrated Light[/s] Blackwings are the top deck and uses it.[/b]

Unlimited:
Chaos Sorcerer [b]What the... I can't even begin to describe how horrible this is.[/b]
Demise, King of Armageddon [b]Demise.dek is back, so hide your spells, hide your traps, and hide your monsters 'cuz he's nuking everything out there.[/b]
Snipe Hunter [b]I never really liked this guy....[/b]
Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier [b]This has no business being off the list until Symbols is on the- oh wait, Mass Driver is on the list instead. Well, you can still always have a Dewloren on the field.[/b]
Gold Sarcophagus [b]Generally too slow anyway. With Exceeds possibly making the game faster, this card might be used less anyway.[/b]
Skill Drain [b]BeastMachineSkillDrain.dek just became fun again.[/b]
Ultimate Offering [b]Oh god, Exceed Gadgets.... I'm betting this will be limited/banned in September.[/b]
[/quote]

Fish might get even more pro with Exceeds.

[quote name='Manjoume Thunder' timestamp='1298057070' post='5016698']
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110123220615/yugioh/images/thumb/8/87/EffectVeilerDP10-EN-R-1E.png/300px-EffectVeilerDP10-EN-R-1E.png[/img]

Sup
[/quote]
Not much :D

[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090503064537/yugioh/images/thumb/f/fb/Koa%27kiMeiruGuardianRGBT-EN-C-1E.png/300px-Koa%27kiMeiruGuardianRGBT-EN-C-1E.png[/img]

veiler is my worst enemy this format - flipping flaming fairy!!!

OK, time for an epic rant about Book of Moon:

Why did Konami need to limit it? It can be used in all decks. It can do more things on its own than 3 other cards combined. It's the most versetile card in the game. But the problem with the limit it...it isn't limitable! That might be the best thing about it. It's an amazing card, good enough to run @3 in all decks that have space, but it's perfectly balanced! And no, Konami, Exceed monsters are not a reason. Synchros die to CED, but you didn't hit that. Konami, what is wrong with you?

Synchros get trolled by Book of Moon just as much as Excess - Debris Dragon -> Dandylion/whateverLOLBOOKOFMOONONDEBRIS and Dandy is sitting there completely vulnerable. Anyway, it's one-word commentary on each entry on the list time!

Forbidden:
Goyo Guardian [b]Good, but where did this come from?[/b]
Cold Wave [b]But I [i]like[/i] Cold Wave[/b]
Mass Driver [b]Finally. But what caused Konami to suddenly do this?[/b]

Limited:
Honest [b]Apparently, Honest wins gaemz.[/b]
Dandylion[b] Nonononononono[/b]
Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow [b]We both know you're only Limiting this because Blackwings are owning in the OCG, not because this is actually the problem card.[/b]
Book of Moon [b]0/10, Konami. 0/10.[/b]
Gateway of the Six [b]Fine, whatever. Good enough.[/b]

Semi-Limited [b]Semi-Limit doesn't mean anything. It just means that Konami thinks the card is really good, but can't find a reason to Limit it. Only exception is Malicious.[/b]
Card Trooper [b]I was just thinking I wanted more of him...[/b]
Archlord Kristya [b]wat[/b]
Spirit Reaper [b]Fine, I guess...[/b]
Debris Dragon [b]wat[/b]
Royal Tribute [b]wat[/b]
Overload Fusion [b]u trollin?[/b]
Megamorph [b]u trollin[/b]
Solemn Warning [b]Who uses three anyway?[/b]
Icarus Attack [b]We both know you're only Limiting this because Blackwings are owning in the OCG, not because this is actually the problem card. [/copypasta][/b]

Unlimited:
Chaos Sorcerer [b]Wait...this was Unlimited before...right?[/b]
Demise, King of Armageddon [b]srsly?[/b]
Snipe Hunter [b][i]Thank[/i] you[/b]
Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier [b]The Tiger King is now relegated to Swords loops rather than OTKs, so fine.[/b]
Gold Sarcophagus [b]Cool[/b]
Skill Drain [b]When's the last time I used a deck with Skill Drain...I think it was my Vayu deck when Oppression was @3.[/b]
Ultimate Offering [b]Normally I wouldn't care, but the moment I heard the words "Exceed Gadgets" I got very afraid. 4 Exceeds, 1500 Life Points, one turn.[/b]

[quote name='Manjoume Thunder' timestamp='1298106790' post='5018395']
wat

enjoy your gadgets wannabes

because that's exactly what BWs are atm
[/quote]
oshi i thought debris dragon was under limited. scratch that.

also Blackwings are still very much stable, they just need a way to effectively recycle Kalut. Because that was by far the biggest hit.

also I meant Fish OTK is looking good and Plant Synchro was fading away.

[quote]also I meant Fish OTK is looking good[/quote]

sorry misread it

[quote]and Plant Synchro was fading away.[/quote]

and tbh some people who have more experience with the Chaos version than me say that the deck got better.

[quote]also Blackwings are still very much stable[/quote]

I don't really know what will happen to Blackwings. I've only played a couple of games vs them but won both easily.

[quote][...] Kalut [...] was by far the biggest hit.[/quote]

it does make blizzard plays less consistent :(

btw Samurai are still alive and kicking. And evn if they don't do anything significant at the beginning of the format I am sure that Landoise (sp?) and Dojo would make them on of the top decks.

[quote name='Kikoutei Penguin Infinity' timestamp='1298063049' post='5016966']
OK, time for an epic rant about Book of Moon:

Why did Konami need to limit it? It can be used in all decks. It can do more things on its own than 3 other cards combined. It's the most versetile card in the game. But the problem with the limit it...it isn't limitable! That might be the best thing about it. It's an amazing card, good enough to run @3 in all decks that have space, but it's perfectly balanced! And no, Konami, Exceed monsters are not a reason. Synchros die to CED, but you didn't hit that. Konami, what is wrong with you?
[/quote]
How is that a rant about Book of Moon?

[quote name='Thor el Señor de los Aesir' timestamp='1297908360' post='5013314']
[center][font="Century Gothic"]
Unlimited:
Chaos Sorcerer
Snipe Hunter
Ultimate Offering[/font][/center]
[/quote]
[center][img]http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/captainfalcon-yes.gif[/img][/center]

[quote name='Thor el Señor de los Aesir' timestamp='1297908360' post='5013314']
http://manjyomethunder.twoday.net/stories/14638233/

[center][font="Century Gothic"]Forbidden:
Goyo Guardian [u]Fail.[/u]
Cold Wave [u]Yes. Just yes.[/u]
Mass Driver [u]...*Sigh* Konami...[/u]

Limited:
Honest [u] -.- Great way to kill LIGHT decks Konami.[/u]
Dandylion[u] Mostly only run@1 anyways.[/u]
Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow [u] Why this and not shura?[/u]
Book of Moon [u] NO SAPPORT DO NOT WANT [/u]
Gateway of the Six [u]But I run six sams ):[/u]

Semi-Limited
Card Trooper [u]LOLNAMI STRIKES BACK[/u]
Archlord Kristya[u] Fairies are going to get hit now[/u]
Spirit Reaper[u]lol.LOL.LOL.[/u]
Debris Dragon[u] Finially.[/u]
Royal Tribute[u] Meh. [/u]
Overload Fusion [u]This for ban. Not semi-limit.[/u]
Megamorph[u] LOL?[/u]
Solemn Warning[u] DO NOT WANT[/u]
Icarus Attack[u] Wow. Blackwings arn't making enough moniez now?[/u]

Unlimited:
Chaos Sorcerer
Demise, King of Armageddon
Snipe Hunter
Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier
Gold Sarcophagus
Skill Drain
Ultimate Offering[/font][/center]

Enjoy Fish OTK for another format guys.
[/quote]

:blink: In short: Why is Goyo getting the axe? I rarely even see it played.

Archived