1 brown mushroom
60 diamonds
4 stacks 63 iron

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='The blazing MARS' timestamp='1308588372' post='5297642']
*Is working on a water slide titled "R.I.P. Water Elevator"*

It features one of my new deisgns where the boat rides in the center of 2 peices of material 4 blocks apart(So it's riding on water with no blocks under it). and I'm trying to make a way to make a boat ride go back up without a water elevator.
[/quote]

I saw a pretty simple design for a post 1.6 "boat elevator" basically its a 3x3 square with an open middle, the boat goes in the middle of the square, then there's a series of the squares on top of each other, you travel up the elevator by clicking into each boat. the only downside is you'll have to reset the boats sometimes as they tend to fall out of place.

here is a quickly made example

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/monkeyboi333/2011-06-23_074623.png[/img]

[quote name='The blazing MARS' timestamp='1308588372' post='5297642']
*Is working on a water slide titled "R.I.P. Water Elevator"*
[/quote]
CAN YOU FINALLY STOP BITCHING ABOUT THIS?! THEY WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO WORK, SO NOTCH FIXED THEM! DEAL WITH IT, FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!

Besides, if you can't think of any way to go up/down easily without water, you're obviously retarded

[quote name='Klavier Gavin' timestamp='1308913806' post='5307205']
CAN YOU FINALLY STOP BITCHING ABOUT THIS?! THEY WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO WORK, SO NOTCH FIXED THEM! DEAL WITH IT, FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!

Besides, if you can't think of any way to go up/down easily without water, you're obviously retarded
[/quote]

I'm not bitching about it. Why fix a bug that players accept as a ingame feature? I worked out a way to get a boat to go up once pistons are out by bouncing the boat up into a block of water, then bouncing it up again until you reach the top.

[quote name='Klavier Gavin' timestamp='1308923592' post='5307329']
You ARE bitching. You keep talking about how hard is to make it work now. It's called bitching. Also, bug is a bug. Even if a good one, it shouldn't exist
[/quote]

I like the new evelvator, it's faster. One set of pistons gets you to the top easy. Old water elevators from layer 1 to 128 took around 15 seconds. This takes like 7 seconds to 1 -> 128, so it's much faster. Though more clicking is required to get it to work

[quote name='Klavier Gavin' timestamp='1308928537' post='5307401']
Piston transportation system can be easily done and started through 1 lever/button/pressure plate :/
[/quote]

I dare someone to make a house that crushes the person when they enter it. Would be hilarious to see. Right now I'm working on another trap...

Archived