Book of Moon

It -IS- a staple. Every deck I have runs it, usually at 2, but now that it's at one...

I don't think it'll be limited for more than a format. I think it's just another way Konami's seeing whether an overused card used in less copies is better for the game. You have to admit that it's one of the useful and versatile cards ever printed.

[quote name='Icyblue' timestamp='1300901777' post='5091641']
I run Enemy Controller over this, but thats because the decks I use would better fit the alternations eh...
[/quote]

Enemy Controller should only ever be used for it's other effect, as a face-up Defence Position card will be unharmed by it. Book of Moon is far superior.

Well, what can I say except what everyone else thinks? Limiting Book of Moon was a terrible idea.

[quote name='Mikhail Tal' timestamp='1300902082' post='5091648']
Enemy Controller should only ever be used for it's other effect, as a face-up Defence Position card will be unharmed by it. Book of Moon is far superior.

Well, what can I say except what everyone else thinks? Limiting Book of Moon was a terrible idea.
[/quote]

As anyone who plays me on DMG will know. I run Decks that either bounce their own cards easily (Temporals/Spirits), or tend to be fragile and could use the extra arm (Frog Barriers/Dungeon Shinato). And the choice of stopping an attack by putting it into DEF or giving me a card before it bounces tends to favor more than Moon.

Truthfully, while I [b]hate[/b] Book being limited, I actually think it was a good idea, ONLY in the sense that it was used in 2 or 3 by almost every deck under the sun and was a little too versatile. With Exceeds coming out and the Priority rule change in the OCG, I think Konami wanted to see how much Book would impact these changes without allowing it to be spammed and an end-all solution to everything. A more controlled environment, if you will. Hopefully, they'll semi- or unlimit it in the next banlist.

Besides, a lot of staples used in 3s get limited or semi-ed to force players to run alternatives and learn new strategies with new or older cards.

[quote name='CDDRodrigo' timestamp='1300890145' post='5091449']
"Troll your opponent. [b]He will flip his table.[/b]"
[/quote]
Well I win.

[quote name='Manjoume Thunder' timestamp='1300902570' post='5091663']
I doubt that you will be saying this once the new priority rule comes into effect in the TCG.
[/quote]
Because Konami slapped us in the face with that new ruling, and then pretty much went:
[img]http://gametechmods.com/../uploads/images/69337Trollface.png[/img]

Book of Moons is a lifesaver in a sticky situation, switching a monster in DEF position while it is selected as an attack target to save yourself from losing life points is one of the things that I utilize Book of Moons for, and if you have two or more Book of Moons in your hand, you can totally abuse Morphing Jar or Morphing Jar #2's effect. Making it a Quick Play is also a bonus, Spell Speed 2 is always beneficial, a very well designed card indeed.

Been wanting to use this pic for a while...
[img]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6940/bookofmoon.png[/img]

Anyways... Cool card is cool. Sad that it is limited. But works to anyone's advantage, since the opponent can only run 1 also. Maybe Zenmeister, or something might be used, and such. Not sure about cards that can Flip monsters face-down, except Book of Eclipse, and that gives the opponent an advantage, so it probably won't be considered.

Archived