Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal Sub/Manga Official Discussion Thread

.Nu-13

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh. On Wiki it says in a close future, and judging by the technology in 5D's that also took place in the future so...

I would like to say same time, but since technology in ZeXal apparently went backwards and the Duel Disks stopped being able to project holograms I'm not sure.

It's probably meant to take place after 5D's, but I would honestly be surprised if there were any refferences to D-Wheels at all.

EDIT: Also there's tons of Exceeds in ZeXal while there are none in 5D's for obvious reasons.

Time in YGO is really confusing. In some games the guy who uses Crystal Skulls in the 1st arc of 5D's is confirmed to be [b]a future Yuuki Judai[/b]. I'm not joking. On the other hand they confirmed Ushio with Goyo is the same Ushio as the one in the original manga and Toho anime. Which means either Ushio is like, a vampire from Cirque Du Freak, or something happened to Judai that made him take age a lot faster than the normal. So yeah, when ZeXal takes place can't be confirmed. ....How many times did I use the word "confirmed" in this paragraph alone...?

Well, ZeXal doen't seem as bad as I thought. Astral's character was better than expected, and Yuma's stupidity is still no match for Judai's. Not to mention, since both GX and 5D's had an arc in which the writers learn how to make good stories and make the ultimate concept "death" (Yubel, Dark Signers) I'm sure ZeXal will have one like that too. Not to mention that IMO so far Ryoga seems the best rival since Kaiba.

O_o wut? Most probably fake

ZeXal happens AFTER 5D's. Why?

1. They have Exceeds which weren't in 5D's, meaning that they got invented later
2. While Duel Disks don't make holograms anymore, they have D-Gazers, which create virtual reality with monster hologram's, enviroment etc.

[quote=Yugioh Wikia]
In a city in the near future, in the [b]Heartland[/b], kids and adults are nuts about Augmented Reality Duels. Augmented Reality Duels are Duels that use D-Gazers and D-Pads, which when the two are used together, on the ground or in the sky, monsters can erupt from buildings and fight each other, it's a Super-Charged Duel!
[/quote]

The one thing I'm happy about with ZEXAL is that Yuma isn't a dueling prodigy like the previous three protagonists.

For those who cbf looking at the wikia

[spoiler=Episode descriptions]
[b]Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL - Episode 001 (Bring It To 'Em!!)[/b]
Set in the near future, Yuma Tsukumo aims to become a future Duel Champion. He's a boy with an energetic and vigorous spirit that takes on whatever comes his way. With "Kattobingu!" as his catchphrase, he keeps challenging everything, believing in himself. However, despite loving Duels, he has the skills of a Grade A Amateur. To say nothing of becoming the Duel Champion, he'll have to obtain the title with a laundry list of defeats behind him.

One day, the Deck of Yuma's friend, Tetsuo Takeda, is taken away from him. The one who did this horrible deed is the #1 delinquent, "Shark". To get Tetsuo's Deck back, Yuma challenges Shark to a Duel. But Shark is so talented at Dueling that he's able to make good use of Exceed Summon, a method of summoning strong monsters, to the point that he's at the level of those who compete in Nation-wide Tournaments! Even though Yuma seems like he should be intimidated by all means, something stirs inside him to fight back, to keep moving towards what's coming.

"Kattobingu daze, Ore!!"

However, against Shark's brutal assault, Yuma repeatedly keeps making amateur mistakes. When he's pushed into a corner, the creepy door that always appears in Yuma's dreams appears before him. He opens this locked door, causing countless points of light to burst out from it. Then when he looks up, a mysterious entity is looking down at him with its arms folded, making him ask "Who are you!?". From that moment on, the newest Legend in Dueling, the one of Yuma Tsukumo, begins.

[b]Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL - Episode 002 (My Name is Astral)[/b]
A mysterious entity appears before Yuma during their Duel, introducing himself as Astral. He tries to give advise for the Duel, but Yuma refuses to listen at all! But when he's pushed into a corner due to the brutal attack of Shark's Number Monster "Revise Dragon", Yuma's strong heart that refuses to give up allows him to begin a counterattack, as he takes Shark on.

[b]Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL - Episode 003 (The Events After The Fact)[/b]
Astral's been unable to leave since Yuma dueled Shark, so, despite his reluctance, he's begun living with Yuma. At an unconvient time, Akari has trouble when her PC she uses as a stay-at-home reporter crashes. When her big scoop is deleted as a result due to Yuma's bumbling, she orders Yuma to find an alternate scoop she can use for another manuscript. When Yuma goes into town, the traffic lights go nuts, causing downtown to fall into chaos. Yuma looks for the criminal who spread the computer virus that caused all this chaos.

[b]Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL - Episode 004 (Turnaround Countdown! The Counter-Measure is Astral!?)[/b]
Yuma challenges Professor Ukyo, who is behind it all. Professor Ukyo notes, that each time he reduces his opponent's Life Points with No. 34 Electronic Computer-Beast Tera Byte, Astral's body weakens, causing him to slowly vanish! To make things worse, the Explosive Virus Time Bomb Ukyo has set is slowly reaching its countdown.

[b]Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL - Episode 005 (Undecided)[/b]
A strange shadow approaches Yuma. Which turns out to be Tokunosuke, a classmate of Yuma's known for his duplicitous tongue. In the morning, Yuma was reprimanded for a prank he pulled in front of the whole class has no memory of causing. As a result, he's been cut off from every one else. Tokunosuke gently says "Let's Duel". With the "Baby Dragon" in his hand and his new Exceed Monster, Yuma might enjoy this duel, but Tokunosuke seems to be planning something.
[/spoiler]

BRING IT TO EM!

Archived