Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal Sub/Manga Official Discussion Thread

.Nu-13

not bad for a first episode, actually enjoyed it , the En-visualizer (or w/e they were called) were pretty cool (tho looked like those glasses from Starforce games)
Exeed summons were cool, hopefully the protagonist will become more experienced in dueling than he is now , i mean c'mon saying out loud that you placed a Trap card xD?!

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='.Kowalski' timestamp='1302555821' post='5131364']
Fun fact: The trap Ryoga used was supposed to be called "Poseidon Wave", but it was called "Zeus Breath" in Anime, because of recent events in Japan
[/quote]
I'm...not quite sure I should lol.

I believe we are experiencing the positive aspect of low expectations - it's hard to be disappointed.

Ooh, ooh, also, I confirmed my suspicion that Revise Dragon is actually (or also) ReVice Dragon, seeing as its attack is Vice Breath.

[quote name='Dr. Cakey' timestamp='1302557106' post='5131415']
I believe we are experiencing the positive aspect of low expectations - it's hard to be disappointed.
[/quote]

Terrible logic.

You're making the assumption that the people who posted had low expectations in the first place.

Not speaking for anyone else here, I expected a decent pilot episode. What I got was a decent pilot episode.

[quote name='Yin' timestamp='1302538273' post='5130809']
Good now stop spamming and begin the discussions
[/quote]

I'll be obliged to.

first off, it's seem this series also similarity of environment like GX as being in school though but it's seem to be more of your everyday school than just duelling academy? Next is that the time of the series, it's look like it advances maybe a littler further than the ones we seen in Z-one's alternative future (for example) though it's seem pretty sci-fi although it's a bit too colourful like it's a cybernetic "heart" land (signified on the heart part xD) unlike all other series being quite moderate of sceneries.=_=

Next it the technology, the means from the wikia saying that it become augmented reality duel is that with the d-gazer it's like seeing things in another layer of the dimension, while monsters appears, they can create artificially damages to the surroundings until the duel the end which it's seem cool though this actually seem to be easier to make than actual holograms themselves (because you use a high tech glasses to see things like that) it's could be that they made it like so they don't disturb society with sounds of explosions and attacks that it would scare them? i can only guess that someone file a complaint in the series otherwise we would still be seeing the hologram instead.
Which you rather have? 'live" monsters? or seeing monsters through a glasses like they're ghost in different layer of the dimension?

But other features they come with the D-gazer is the screens to show level and the stats a bit more realistically as the add a video screen to see your opponent's face closer to communicate better but i think that would be useful IRL if we're standing far apart that is but in the past 3 series they never needed it but then again it's not that realistic that we would able to hear the opponent well if there a lot of noises surround us like a stadium with roaring crowds or in turbo duel, the sound of the wind brushing out our hears pretty loud. This show a duel with a level of a realistic way of communicating i guess. but showing something like in this series... what is Konami implying with this D-gazer though?

any opinions about the technology? right now this all just from the first episode i've watched.

EDIT: dammit.. this recent posts link screw up again... =_=

The show (I watched the raw version) seems interesting...

[spoiler=spoiler]Basically I'm guessing the necklace he wears was given to him by his grandfather who was some digger guy who gave it to his grandma...or his mom and he was his dad....anyhoo.....all the maincharacters have weird hair.[/spoiler]

All right, well, my first impressions are thusly:

-Looks like a series I can watch, and enjoy. Subs would be nice, but from what I can see, it's going to be decent.

-I like the technology aspect and the sort of implication of virtual reality. This makes more sense than how characters and things would experience damage in regular duels in past series.

-Shark's a complete and utter bastard. Seriously, no clue what he was saying, really, but I can see he's a major jerk.

-They're...a bit too over-the-top with their gestures and stuff in duels. Once I adjust to that, it'll be okay.

-Revise Dragon is badass.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1302577940' post='5132480']
All right, well, my first impressions are thusly:

-Looks like a series I can watch, and enjoy. Subs would be nice, but from what I can see, it's going to be decent.

-I like the technology aspect and the sort of implication of virtual reality. This makes more sense than how characters and things would experience damage in regular duels in past series.

-[b]Shark's a complete and utter bastard.[/b] Seriously, no clue what he was saying, really, but I can see he's a major jerk.

-They're...a bit too over-the-top with their gestures and stuff in duels. Once I adjust to that, it'll be okay.

-Revise Dragon is badass.
[/quote]

According to Zexal Manga yes he is...he firstly make a beat on Tetsuo for his Deck...then conviced Yuuma to tell him what his most important Item...just to take it and destroy it...He is pro at dueling having reached national level championship and can't stand Yuuma's Dream of being pro duelist as he sees it as....I can't remeber his exactly words but was somethng like...stupid...as he sees it as a bad thing of sorts

well it's a good think it didn't make me want to beat him up lol. this episode seem to show a story between a weaking being bullied by a bully but perhap that was a bit similar to the first series but they take it to the next level because in first series, Yugi wasn't known to be weak though thus having a spirit inside of him but he was more of lacking confident at first. Yuma was known to be a champion of losing which isn't something to be proud of. lol
so basically he made noobish mistake during the duel, it goes to show he is actually a weakling at first, then the thing you know that he be getting a training of some kind to overcome those delinquents well i guess that how the story will go. lol

Archived