Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal Sub/Manga Official Discussion Thread

.Nu-13

[quote name='Pacmanexus' timestamp='1324415943' post='5719666']
Well with Kaito vs. Yuma and Kiryu vs. Yusei didn't just have the protagonist on the verge of losing. The opponent had actually made the final attack in both cases. But whatever, don't really count. Anyway.

Oh, and Shuta is secretly Ishizu.
[/quote]

Which makes it even more idiotic. In the case of Kiryu vs. Yusei, I think it would have been better if Yusei lost and had to some how fight his way out of death's grip and then come back to fight against Kiryu again. Could just be me. Then again, with that cop out, they did have the D-Wheel being weak shown in the earlier stages of the game as well, plus the excuse that it's homemade and was being forced to endure a Shadow Duel could also be used if one really wanted to make that excuse.

I think them doing it with Kaito vs. Yuma was somewhat justified, since there's no doubt someone at Yuma's level would be able to defeat Kaito, but then again, how would it work if Yuma lost all his Numbers, had his soul captured, and Astral died all in episode 14? However, I think the excuse for the duel ending could have been better. I mean, with Yusei vs. Kiryu, Yusei's D-Wheel crashing would obviously make the duel end, becuase a D-Wheel breaking [i]has [/i]to end the duel in a 1v1 situation cause you can't have a Duel with a single person. But really, did Haruto need attention so urgently that Kaito couldn't wait for half a minute for his attack to land and Yuma's loss so he could grab the Numbers?

And Isis is still the best psychic.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the conclusion of Yusei vs Kiryu for some reason. I think Kaito's reason for leaving was contrived, though. Sure, Haruto collapsed and all, I can accept that, but I feel the whole setup was bad.

Kaito knew Yuma had more than 1 Number. This should be the guy he wants to defeat quickly and be done with. Obviously, he couldn't afford the extra minute it would take for Galaxy-Eyes' attack animation and Yuma flying back, and him extracting Yuma's soul with Photon Hand. He sapped Shark's soul pretty quickly in episode 22 so...

It just felt weak.

[quote name='Hydreigoon' timestamp='1324417905' post='5719766']
That would've been the end of the series.
[/quote]
[quote name='Icemare Moon' timestamp='1324417349' post='5719735']
I think them doing it with Kaito vs. Yuma was somewhat justified, since there's no doubt someone at Yuma's level would be able to defeat Kaito, but then again, how would it work if Yuma lost all his Numbers, had his soul captured, and Astral died all in episode 14?
[/quote]

I'm saying they should have made the reason for cancellation better. I know I'm sometimes unclear, but I thought I was pretty thorough this time. =/

[quote name='Hydreigoon' timestamp='1324361753' post='5718600']
Number 66: Kotori's Rage
2 Level 8 Monsters

Once per turn, you can beat the crap out of a "Yuma Tsukumo" on the field.
[/quote]

Anyone have that gif of Kotori slapping Yuma?

And I may be late to the party here, but I'm certain those Music Xyz were made to troll the hell out of us.

[img]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/8365/trollfaceb.jpg[/img]
Yuma: How do I fight non-Number holders without using my Tragon? I know! *trollface*

I hate to be the bearer of bad news (it may already have been posted here before, I have long absenses from this thread...) but...

According to the wikia... Photon Butterfly Assassin is an Xyz monster...

If that is correct (this is wikia after alll so might not be definate) by assosiation you'd think Streak Bouncer will be too.

So no new Numbers garunteed to be on display next week then (still a chance, just less likely).

Major downer. :(

[quote name='Merciful Idiot' timestamp='1324655497' post='5725241']
Unsurprised. They didn't seem like the kind of people to own Numbers. Why would Faker give a bunch of his henchmen Numbers when he could have Kaito safeguarding them?
[/quote]
Because while Kaito hunts the Numbers, these two seem to be his right and left hands. Plus, it would be better to get Numbers revealed this way rather than through some random dude who serves no purpose except for Yuma to collect a Number from.

[quote name='Icemare Moon' timestamp='1324654653' post='5725214']
You're the one who always seems to revive threads. Why is that? xD

And I'm saddened by them being Xyz, they should have had Numbers.
[/quote]

Two days without a post on a stickied thread is hardly reviving. I'm surprised this thread goes so long.

Anyway, its just something I happened to discover whilst making Photon support (plug: [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/272003-verz-bahamut-support-photon/"]http://forum.yugiohc...support-photon/[/url]) and thought you'd like to know.

[quote name='Merciful Idiot' timestamp='1324655497' post='5725241']
Unsurprised. [b]They didn't seem like the kind of people to own Numbers. Why would Faker give a bunch of his henchmen Numbers when he could have Kaito safeguarding them?[/b]
[/quote]

Really, they didn't? They aren't just any henchmen (although if they lose to Yuma then they will become that in my mind). They are his two most trusted aids, and rank higher than Kaito who is, fairly apparently, just being used for his brother and will get screwed over in the near future.

[quote name='Jord200' timestamp='1324655849' post='5725253']
I knew they wouldn't have Numbers. If they did, you would think Dr. Faker's team would have more than 14 of them.
[/quote]

When did anyone explicitly say Faker and co have 14? Have seen people totting up from clues in the show that Kaito has at least that many, didn't know Heartland or anyone had confirmed it. Although given what Gauche said to Kaito in ep 26 about replacing him as a Numbers Hunter, perhaps they haven't been actively hunting them at all and have just left that to Kaito while been doing other stuff.

Also, sure this is old news, but Fuya returns in ep 45. Seems odd, but I like Fuya. Shame Gauche will crush him.

Ps: What I hope for ep 37-38, Tokunosuke gets the 'beat us or your disqualified' bit from Driote and Gauche. Yuma does the [s]stupid[/s] noble thing and takes his place in the match. Driote and Gauche beat him. Toku does the honourable thing and says he was the one who cheated, he should be (and is) disqualified. Ends Toku's unneccessary further continuation in WDC, Yuma and Astral have another 'we have to get stronger to fight our enemies' moment of doubt (possibly Cathy could be the one to reignite his kattobingu) and puts Driote and Gauche over as major antagonists. Done and done.

Yes Konami I am available to offers. :)

I know this is far fetched, but do you think Fuya might get a new Number? Or his he going to be a one time thing again? Also, something tells me Kaito is going to quit helping Dr. Faker soon. There's another thing we have yet to think about. The free wish. We can imagine some of them.

Yuma- Possibly meeting Dr. Faker and then dueling him, or making Mr. Heartland look for a cure to Haruto's "illness". Or he would just be content with winning.
Shark- As long as he beats IV, he doesn't care.
III,IV, V- most likely something that will help them get revenge, or in IV's case, cause more suffering for people. Mainly Shark.
Kaito- that Dr. Faker tell him the truth about why he wants the Numbers.

On a side note, I found this a while back, its speculation of the deck from the Duel Lodge.

String Devil Muzumuzu Rythim
Drum Devil Tenten Tempo
Brass Devil Mellowmellow Mellody
Magi Magi Magician Girl
Kuribolt
Come Back!
Darklon
Clean Barrier Clear Force
Purpriest
Voltage Summon
Giant Killing
Double Defender
Runaway Explosion
Command of the Sword
Overlay Buster
Overlay Banish
Minimum Guts
Drop Exchange

I understand Magi Magi and to a certain extent Kuribolt ( since everyone and their grandma runs at least 1 Xyz in the anime ), but why on earth would Yamikawa want to steal this deck?

[quote name='Icemare Moon' timestamp='1324870225' post='5729606']
Okay. I love how the anime site I'm mainly using never has the newest ZeXal subs, so I switch to another, the next week a different one has it up first. =/ It's getting a bit amusing and tedious, honestly.
[/quote]
Its all according to who is subbing it. Zexal has gone through, like, 4 subbers.

Archived