Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal Sub/Manga Official Discussion Thread

.Nu-13

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, having been exiled from this thread for 3 weeks, I'm back upto date. Have missed a ton of posts in this thread so apologies if I repeat what others have said.

BREAKING NEWS: ZEXAL EPISODES ARE BACK TO BEING EXCITING AND HAVING A PROGRESSING PLOT!!!

ep 33: Didn't like the setup that Tetsuo and Class Rep were personally invited to duel IV. Think them just running into him, 'Hi we're your biggest fans.' 'I'm honoured, then perhaps you would like to duel?' 'For real?' would have felt more natural. But a small point. As for the preceding secne with the brothers, that was nice. It's good when evil isn't a big happy family that all get on.

As for the duel, Tetsuo did ok and his cards aren't terrible. Class reps cards were pointless, might as well have just used Crashbugs than those silly Debugger things since they were identical anyway. However IV... was amazing.

IV's cards are kickass. Creepy puppets really suited him. Given their somewhat strange effects I doubt they'd be released, but come on surely they'd have to release IV's cards if they are releasing s*** like Shobee's. But would be very happy to see Babyface, Scarecrow, Level Cross, and Gimmick Box all hit the OCG (we know Number 15 will eventually). Speaking off No 15, really graphic destruction... nice.

ep 34: Really enjoyed that duel, probably one of my favourites of the series. Very back and forth and some clever play. One detraction was Big Jaws anime-only effect. Confusing and pointless given they could have just used the effect of Hammer Shark, or done something with Downward Current to special summon a monster from hand thats level is equal to the changed level of the monster targeted (confused by that?).

I also liked III, and Tron gets a big pop by doing very little which is cool.

ep 35: Great build up, very creepy and action packed. Yuma was annoying, how can you ignore Kotori like that?

One thing Shuuta, about your photos...

You don't need a magic camera to predict that Yuma will summon Hope.

Looking forward to ep 36.

Also about future eps, Driot and Gauch vs Tokunosuke. Presumably they catch him cheating and deal their own brand of officiating, then they duel Yuma. So Yuma could realistically be losing some Numbers soon, unless the writers have him beat the pair. Which would be a catastrophic mistake. As for them using Photons... I'll wait til I see them before final judgement as I'm very yay and nay on it.

[quote name='Verz Bahamut' timestamp='1324216841' post='5714804']
Right, having been exiled from this thread for 3 weeks, I'm back upto date. Have missed a ton of posts in this thread so apologies if I repeat what others have said.

BREAKING NEWS: ZEXAL EPISODES ARE BACK TO BEING EXCITING AND HAVING A PROGRESSING PLOT!!!

ep 33: Didn't like the setup that Tetsuo and Class Rep were personally invited to duel IV. Think them just running into him, 'Hi we're your biggest fans.' 'I'm honoured, then perhaps you would like to duel?' 'For real?' would have felt more natural. But a small point. As for the preceding secne with the brothers, that was nice. It's good when evil isn't a big happy family that all get on.

As for the duel, Tetsuo did ok and his cards aren't terrible. Class reps cards were pointless, might as well have just used Crashbugs than those silly Debugger things since they were identical anyway. However IV... was amazing.

IV's cards are kickass. Creepy puppets really suited him. Given their somewhat strange effects I doubt they'd be released, but come on surely they'd have to release IV's cards if they are releasing s*** like Shobee's. But would be very happy to see Babyface, Scarecrow, Level Cross, and Gimmick Box all hit the OCG (we know Number 15 will eventually). Speaking off No 15, really graphic destruction... nice.

ep 34: Really enjoyed that duel, probably one of my favourites of the series. Very back and forth and some clever play. One detraction was Big Jaws anime-only effect. Confusing and pointless given they could have just used the effect of Hammer Shark, or done something with Downward Current to special summon a monster from hand thats level is equal to the changed level of the monster targeted (confused by that?).

I also liked III, and Tron gets a big pop by doing very little which is cool.

ep 35: Great build up, very creepy and action packed. Yuma was annoying, how can you ignore Kotori like that?

One thing Shuuta, about your photos...

You don't need a magic camera to predict that Yuma will summon Hope.

Looking forward to ep 36.

Also about future eps, Driot and Gauch vs Tokunosuke. Presumably they catch him cheating and deal their own brand of officiating, then they duel Yuma. So Yuma could realistically be losing some Numbers soon, unless the writers have him beat the pair. Which would be a catastrophic mistake. As for them using Photons... I'll wait til I see them before final judgement as I'm very yay and nay on it.
[/quote]

I don't think Gauch and Droit have Numbers. I saw a V Jump scan a while back that showed 2 monsters called Photon Butterfly Assassin and Phot Bounce Streaker or something. If they had Numbers, wouldn't those have been showcased instead of 2 Photon monsters?

Question

[quote name='Jord200' timestamp='1324219891' post='5714840']
I don't think Gauch and Droit have Numbers. I saw a V Jump scan a while back that showed 2 monsters called Photon Butterfly Assassin and Phot Bounce Streaker or something. If they had Numbers, wouldn't those have been showcased instead of 2 Photon monsters?
[/quote]

Answer

[quote name='Icemare Moon' timestamp='1324220022' post='5714845']
They want to surprise us with their Numbers?

It's likely they have them, working for Faker and all.
[/quote]

I would actually be very surprised if they didn't have Numbers.

[quote name='Icemare Moon' timestamp='1324220022' post='5714845']
They want to surprise us with their Numbers?

It's likely they have them, working for Faker and all.
[/quote]

Its possible they have Numbers, but I think thats mainly Kaito's job. We know this about the Numbers.

Yuma- 10
Syuta- 1
Kaito- 14 ( at least )
Shark- 1
IV- 1 ( at least )
III- 1 ( at least )
V- 1 ( at least )
Charlie's neice- 1

Thats 30 total. I wouldn't be suprised if Gauch and Droit had 1 Number each, its just with the info we have, it looks like they don't have any. Its possible that Mr. Heartland also has a Number. Tron probably has a couple too. Your probably right though, about them having Numbers.

[quote name='.:Corbenik:.' timestamp='1324081060' post='5711711']
I guess we have wait and see. Although I have a couple of theories:

1. A monster or 2 will have very little stats but able to ss another copy of itself or ss a monster from deck, hand or graveyard spam the field at the same rate as gadget but less cost and possibly without a help of spell And trap. Then the Xyz monster would be at the strength of rank 5-7.
2. Or just a godly Xyz monster rewarded after going through all the trouble of bringing out 5 monsters for it.
[/quote]
well i shouldn't think we have to wait that loing to see what it does, but if anything i wouldn't be surprised if Number 91 ended up broken for being a Sea Serpent

[quote name='Jord200' timestamp='1324220476' post='5714856']
Its possible they have Numbers, but I think thats mainly Kaito's job. We know this about the Numbers.

Yuma- 10
Syuta- 1
Kaito- 14 ( at least )
Shark- 1
IV- 1 ( at least )
III- 1 ( at least )
V- 1 ( at least )
Charlie's neice- 1

Thats 30 total. I wouldn't be suprised if Gauch and Droit had 1 Number each, its just with the info we have, it looks like they don't have any. Its possible that Mr. Heartland also has a Number. Tron probably has a couple too. Your probably right though, about them having Numbers.
[/quote]

I think from what Astral said, Charlie was going to give Lucky Stripe back to Yuma after his neice's operation.

Not that it will ever be summoned. That's one thing I like about Numbers 15 and 32, Numbers that are genuinely going to make recurring appearances. Hope aside we haven't had one of those since... well... we've barely had one, other than the occasional acknowledgement by Astral that Leviath exists somewhere gathering dust.

Imagine Faker and Tron also have Numbers.

Astral was WORRIED that they lent/gave Number 7 to someone else, and Yuma seemed unconcerned about getting it "back".

And Number 15 isn't that likely to return. III, IV, and V seem to have multiple Numbers (my comment about the cards IV was using as darts, one was Number 32, as revealed in episode 34), and it's more likely they'll use one or more of the other ones in their next duels (Tag duel vs Yuma and Kaito). I'm hoping Kaito unveils one or two of his new Numbers in that duel, too.

Number 32 is almost definitely returning, though.

Kaito was at least 14, and the episode preview with Haruto says that Kaito is exhausted from Number hunting, so he probably claims a few more.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1324231790' post='5715198']
Astral was WORRIED that they lent/gave Number 7 to someone else, and Yuma seemed unconcerned about getting it "back".

And Number 15 isn't that likely to return. III, IV, and V seem to have multiple Numbers (my comment about the cards IV was using as darts, one was Number 32, as revealed in episode 34), and it's more likely they'll use one or more of the other ones in their next duels (Tag duel vs Yuma and Kaito). I'm hoping Kaito unveils one or two of his new Numbers in that duel, too.

Number 32 is almost definitely returning, though.

Kaito was at least 14, and the episode preview with Haruto says that Kaito is exhausted from Number hunting, so he probably claims a few more.
[/quote]

Then Yuma is more idoitic than I give him credit, since he should know by now what damage Numbers tend to do and who is after them.

Kaito is desperately overdue for development. Haruto has been for ages.

[quote name='Jord200' timestamp='1324233434' post='5715263']
My guess is Kaito will have anywhere from 18-22 Numbers by then. So, any ideas on what Number 25 does?
[/quote]

Same generic burn, piercing, or double attack effect that most one-shot villians cards have?

Although it is the first Rank 6 Number so I'm lead to believe.

Don't see how they can design a Number like that given their backstory as Astral's memories. They have digital camera's in Astral World?

My bet is Number 25 can negate effects somehow. Every duel it has appeared in seemed to involve a player having Set cards, but not being able to do anything about it. And Syuta claimed Yuma will Summon Number 39 during Turn 5, and during Turn 6, Focus Force will win him the duel. Considering Utopia's effect, either Focus Force can negate cards somehow, or Syuta has something to bypass that.

[quote name='Verz Bahamut' timestamp='1324234380' post='5715281'] Then Yuma is more idoitic than I give him credit, since he should know by now what damage Numbers tend to do and who is after them. Kaito is desperately overdue for development. Haruto has been for ages. Same generic burn, piercing, or double attack effect that most one-shot villians cards have? Although it is the first Rank 6 Number so I'm lead to believe. Don't see how they can design a Number like that given their backstory as Astral's memories. They have digital camera's in Astral World? [/quote]

Numbers base their appearance off something their orginal owner desires, and base themselves to go with their deck. Syuta is a reporter who wants to be famous and a get a big story. So his Number is a giant camera.

Shark wanted more power, and he uses a WATER deck that summons Rank 3s. Revise.

Kittano is a computer teacher who is an excellent hacker as well. Giving Terror-Byte the abilty to take control of opponent's monsters. Since he didn't have any evil intesions is most likely why Terror-Byte returns monsters and has 0 ATK.

And so on.

@evilfusion thats probably what it does. I had thought mabye it had multiple attacks with would cause Hope to use all of its Overlay Units at once, then be destroyed.

True. Fuya wanted to please his mother and protect Robin's image, so Number 83 became his mother, as well as the character of Galaxy Queen from the show. Number 61 is brutal and destructive, likely demonstrating Rikuo's gang personality, and Kaio's Number 19 supports Number 61 while being the defensive, passive version.

Number 56's holder probably wanted money, so Goldrat is not only Golden, but has an effect that lets you trade a card in hand (to the Deck) for another draw. Like money transactions.

Big Eye likely demonstrates Jin's "seeing eye" ability.

Yeah, its just the appearance thing. Maybe I missed something about the Numbers as being part of Astral, but I thought... ah never mind...

Just strikes me as weird that something that originated from Astral/Astral World should look like something from Yuma's world, even if the cards only took form when they got to Yuma's world. Then again I guess we still know very little about Astral World.

Well, some of them may seem to have memories based on them, too. Galaxy Queen gave Astral a memory of his birth or whatever. Number 96 gave a memory/premonition of the world being destroyed. And we know how destructive and evil Number 96 is. Apparently Number 17 had the memory that...he needs all the Numbers for his full memory...weird, but that was also the first Number to appear.

Archived