Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal Sub/Manga Official Discussion Thread

.Nu-13

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Icemare Moon' timestamp='1324250736' post='5715932']
SHOOT GIANT CAMERA LAZER CANNONZ!!!!!

Might have an effect to verify the face-downs of the opponent.
[/quote]

I hope not. We have enough bad Numbers the way it is. Illumiknight, Goldrat, Crimson Shadow, Lucky Stripe, Black Corn, Freezerdon ( IRL one at least ), Terror-Byte, Black Mist, and Giant Killer all aren't worth it or are horrible. Brilliant is ok, just outclassed. So would Syuta count as a Numbers Hunter since he wants to get all of them, or is he just http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BrainwashedAndCrazy

According to Wiki's little article on Numbers Hunters, people possessed by a Number and trying to get more do not count. So he doesn't count because while he wants to collect Numbers, his motives seem to be biased by Number 25, and not his own wishes.

Kaito's motive is to help his brother, and he has never shown any indication that Numbers guide his goals.
Yuma is collecting them for Astral, so he counts.
III, IV, and V are collecting Numbers for revenge against Dr. Faker, and they're similarly uninfluenced by Numbers.

Therefore, they count.

I see. Well then that me say this instead, we know from the spoilers that Kathy makes it to the finals, I doubt Takashi and Tonnsuke will, Tetsuo might make it. Do you think its possible that eventually the rest of Yuma's friends will need to use a Number for some reason? In theory, its a great idea for us to see the other Numbers.

Kathy uses Level 1s - Galaxy Queen
Tetsuo uses a lot of Level 4s- Shock Ruler
Takashi spams Level 3s- Terror-Byte

And Kotori. Is she EVER going to do something besides get kidnapped and be a cheerleader?

Except with stuff like Golem surviving then a Goblindbergh combo he could easily make triple Lv.4s.

He can obviously also go for Galaxy Queen since he can make Tragon, too.

But the writers are lazy fools who don't seem to think that constantly using the same strategy is boring as hell. I mean, it's to the point that I'd literally have a heart attack if Yuma used something besides Hope/Revise (hell, maybe even seeing Revise would cause it at this point), it's just be [i]that [/i]surprising.

Exactly. His stupid Xyz he pulled out of nowhere just matched the stupidity of the episodes they were used in.

I'm obviously talking about him using other Numbers becuase he obviously will never use anything other than Hope and Revise, aand I'm worried he won't ever use the latter again either.

Called it.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1324234565' post='5715284']
My bet is Number 25 can negate effects somehow. Every duel it has appeared in seemed to involve a player having Set cards, but not being able to do anything about it. And Syuta claimed Yuma will Summon Number 39 during Turn 5, and during Turn 6, Focus Force will win him the duel. Considering Utopia's effect, either Focus Force can negate cards somehow, or Syuta has something to bypass that.
[/quote]

[quote name='Hydreigoon' timestamp='1324316751' post='5717240']
So all recent Numbers suck.

Then again, reverse nerf...
[/quote]

Most Numbers are plot devices. They usually get slightly modified, for better or worse, for release. Keep in mind that in the anime, Numbers can only be destroyed by Numbers, so...they can be meh and still be "good" in the anime.

-Number 17 is the same, but it's unclear if the RL restriction on direct attacks when lacking Overlay Units is also in the anime.
-Number 39 is the same, but the RL version is nerfed with the self-destruct clause that definitely does not exist in the anime.
-Number 34 is the same.
-Number 83 is the same.
-Number 61 got nerfed, but the anime version was broken, and the nerfs are reasonable.
-Number 19 got its effect changed a bit. Unclear if it's better or worse.
-Number 56...we never saw it in action, so it's probably the same.
-Number 10 is the same. That is, terrible.
-Number 20 is BETTER in RL. The anime version only affected itself.
-Number 12 is better in RL. It works on all Ninjas for the entire turn, not just itself.
-Number 16 is the same. It's epic.
-Number 11 is the same. It's also epic.
-Number 96 is generic in RL. It's better now.
-Number 30 is better in RL purely because the anime gave it a self-destruct + Burn clause when it's attacked.
-Number 7 is better in RL. It still sucks because it s a Rank 7 with 3 Materials and completely based on luck.

Number C39 can be SSed regardless of LP score, but can only use its effect when your LP is 1000. It's still better than the anime version because it counteracts Number 39's self-destruct, and stealing your opponent's Utopia is fun.

So yeah, seems like the OCG/TCG like reverse nerfing the Numbers.

Kaito is a superhero, even though I'm assuming he just saved the blimp under the orders of Faker/Heartland. I liked this episode.

Also, I just realized that if Yuma really wanted to be good he could do nothing turn one, then let his opponents nearly kill him next turn (Utopia Ray range), and on turn 3 use Goblindbergh/Katetokage combos to get out Utopia, change it to Ray and then unless they have something 3100+ they lose. It's situational, but it's also the anime.

Archived