Doctor Who & things

EHN.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Silence were great, but Moffat made one big mistake: he made them talk. No voices not only makes them scarier, but when they did speak it was in a cliché "evil deep voice". Nice concept about forgetting them as soon as you look away, I imagine he got that from the Angels. Fantastic episode, and I watched The Hand of Fear and Genesis of the Daleks again in honour of Elizabeth Sladen's death. Tragic.

Agreed, very tragic, great shame.

Watching part 2 in about 2 hours, hope it is a nice ending to the first episode TBC.

What particularly strikes me is:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMcNf7_gIwQ]0:05[/url]

[quote name='Evil Hero Neos' timestamp='1304176796' post='5178840']
Agreed, very tragic, great shame.

Watching part 2 in about 2 hours, hope it is a nice ending to the first episode TBC.

What particularly strikes me is:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMcNf7_gIwQ]0:05[/url]
[/quote]

OMG NAZIS

By the way, did anyone else notice the fact that Nixon's presidential guard captain was black? For the sake of historical consistency that shouldn't have happened - America was still almost entirely racist then, most grocers wouldn't have employed a black man, let alone the CIA.

[quote name='Mikhail Nekem'evič Tal' timestamp='1304181260' post='5179057']
By the way, did anyone else notice the fact that Nixon's presidential guard captain was black? For the sake of historical consistency that shouldn't have happened - America was still almost entirely racist then, most grocers wouldn't have employed a black man, let alone the CIA.
[/quote]
From TV Tropes
[quote]
Nixon actually did have at least one black Secret Service agent.
[/quote]

Yea.....

My friend showed me the show a while ago and only recently have I gotten into it and damn is the show good. The kick off to the new season was just jaw dropping and the Silence really creeps me out.

[quote name='Bassa' timestamp='1304234844' post='5181187']
[spoiler=Spoilers]
I don't understand that Little Girl regenerating.
[/spoiler]
[/quote]
Spoilers

But um yea, time to speculate.
[spoiler=speculation]
The little girl is more then likely a time lord, as such the farther will be the Doctor. Since Amy is said the be pregnant and while it the girls room a picture of her holding the baby is shown it is possible that the she is the mother.
[/spoiler]

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1304235983' post='5181207']
Spoilers

But um yea, time to speculate.
[spoiler=speculation]
The little girl is more then likely a time lord, as such the farther will be the Doctor. Since Amy is said the be pregnant and while it the girls room a picture of her holding the baby is shown it is possible that the she is the mother.
[/spoiler]
[/quote]

[spoiler=Possible spoiler?]
I was having the same thought, especially when Amy mentioned 'time heads' or whatever in the Tardis.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Alexis Rhodes' timestamp='1304238683' post='5181254']
Its s*** the series is split into 2 part, half in spring up untill June then the rest starting from September.
[/quote]

[img]http://files.sharenator.com/fuuuuuuuu_CANT_BE_UNSEEN-s349x263-132486-580.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Bassa' timestamp='1304237627' post='5181231']
How is that a spoiler? It was just on the episode. Everyone has seen it...
[/quote]
Only not everyone has. The ep just came out and since people might come here to just talk about the series itself and see something like that it will spoiler that major shocker.

[quote name='Crab Helmet' timestamp='1304396656' post='5185366']
[spoiler='Spoiler']I thought it was pretty heavily implied that the little girl was Amy's daughter.

It would be great, though, if the little girl were actually Jenny's daughter, making her the Doctor's granddaughter, and turned out to be Susan. I know that makes no sense since Susan was able to describe Galifrey and presumably grew up there, but still.[/spoiler]
[/quote]

[spoiler=Spoiler]
Agreed, they have yet to come back to Jenny, who will hopefully return at some point.[/spoiler]

Although, on the topic of returns, I hope to see Elizabeth I come back at some point, unless it has already happened and I have missed it.

Am I the only one who got bondage vibes off the scene where Amy was strapped into a chair? Moffat does quite a bit of fanservice if you look at the first series with Smith. Lots of damsel in distress stuff, it gets repetitive.

Also, I heard that the mid-season finale will feature a massive cliffhanger. Oh goody.

Archived