Doctor Who & things

EHN.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't watched the new season yet and I only watched a few of Season 5. I lost track of the episodes when SyFy stopped programming, but I just got BBC America, so I hope to get back up to speed. I just finished watching End of Time, and it was very satisfying to see the Master on the Doctor's side for once. Now onward to Flesh and Stone!

If you ask me the best Doctor Who episodes are Blink and Waters of Mars.

• 3 weeks later...
So BBC America decided to do a rerun of seasons 5 and 6 so I finally caught up and here's what I think of the episodes so far:

The Eleventh Hour - Matt Smith proved to us that he is capable of carrying Tennant's torch and he did it wonderfully in this episode
The Beast Below - Just a basic episode here, nothing special except for the Star Wars reference.
Victory of the Daleks - The concept of a Dalek ship surviving which then creates more Daleks is getting rather old but at least these Daleks live past one episode
Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone - One of my favorite episodes of the season, so many things that make a Doctor Who episode good were combined (scary enemies, great lighting, hopeless yet determined mood, its what made the Waters of Mars great)
Vampires of Venice - 50 Mins of useless blathering, the 50 min timeslot should've gone to something else
Amy's Choice - One of my personal favorites. Rory's temporary death was sad but at least it helped their relationship survive longer than Rose an Mickey's, poor Mickey. At least he got Martha, who I think is better than Rose.
The Hungry Earth/ Cold Blood - The first half was boring but it picked up rather fast coming towards the second part. I wanted to see the lady die, since this crap was her fault. Rory's death felt tacked on but it was set up well enough for his return.
The Pandorica Opens/ The Big Bang - The first part was really confusing but it made more sense in the second part. I liked this episode but its no way as good as Bad Wolf or End of Time. Also Season 5 was wiped from existence, which means Bob is still alive!!!!

The Impossible Astronaut - The newer seasons tend to have better pilots and this one is no exception. I wanted to see more of Canton and I hope he appears again in the series. They finally explain why the Tardis exploded and they showed us another Time Lord is out there (probably Jenny, who they never got back to)
Curse of the Black Spot - Pirates of the Caribbean Reference FTW. This episode is was fine with until they showed that the Siren was a nurse, which proves that pretty things cannot be evil in Doctor Who. Also Rory dies for roughly 2 minutes.
The Doctor's Wife - I liked this episode as it showed that the Tardis is capable of thinking, and also it likes to be called "sexy", also Rory dies again, although for only 2 mins
The Rebel Flesh - The story was alright, but it felt rather boring at parts, hopefully the second part will be more epic.

Imo, this needed a major bump, especially after recent events.

[spoiler=Watch Ep6 to read this]
We all knew the woman had to mean something, and I think the phrases are what the woman is saying at some point of Amy's stay with her.
[/spoiler]

[quote name='The Holly and the Ivy' timestamp='1307034982' post='5248902']
"I wear a Stetson now. Stetsons are cool." BANG!
[/quote]
[img]http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj56mzlYX31qb6v2ao1_500.gif[/img]

Just saw Almost People and I still haven't taken it all in. I'm sure after seeing how everything comes together in the next few eps everything will click a lot more. As for the swap, I'd say it happened between the first two eps since that really would be the only time for that to have happened.

And i just spoiled next weeks ep for myself. I hate me. At least I only skimmed it, and watching it will always be better then reading.

Just saw Almost People? I just saw ep. 7...

After watching a good man goes to war, I'm like

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ahVM57gI29w/TGvFQGVtTYI/AAAAAAAAA1w/12-Tmub8JkQ/s320/OMG-Face-150x150.jpg[/img]

Watch it and you will see. Holy crap has this half-season come to a climax.

[quote name='The tyrant NEPTUNE' timestamp='1307257855' post='5256176']
Just saw Almost People? I just saw ep. 7...

After watching a good man goes to war, I'm like

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ahVM57gI29w/TGvFQGVtTYI/AAAAAAAAA1w/12-Tmub8JkQ/s320/OMG-Face-150x150.jpg[/img]

Watch it and you will see. Holy crap has this half-season come to a climax.
[/quote]
Curse living in America and them thinking people wouldn't watch during holiday weekend.

And yea when I skimmed the summory that's what my brain felt like. When I actually see it I'm sure my jaw will be doing just that.

I also just saw The Almost People (Curse BBC America and their delay), and I have to say, the second part made a lot more sense than the first part, except I can never understand why the Real Doctor couldn't stay back and kill Jennifer instead of the flesh staying back and killing himself.

I also saw the Lodger, and I loved it. Craig has to be one of my favorite characters in Doctor who so far.

Demons run when a good man goes to war
Night will fall and drown the sun
When a good man goes to war

Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and the dark will rise
When a good man goes to war

Demons run, but count the cost
The battle's won, but the child is lost

Can't wait to see what happens next.

[quote name='Y2Jgrave VS the WORLD' timestamp='1308129050' post='5284689']
[center]so I was wondering

[spoiler='spoiler']since river song's the baby does that make her the one in the space suit who killed the doctor in episode 1 of season 6?[/spoiler][/center]
[/quote]

Now let's piece together that, shall we?

The girl in the astronaut suit was able to regenerate, so she was Time Lord like River

The girl in the astronaut suit had several pictures of her life, one of those was Amy as her mom, this further leads to the girl being River

In "Flesh and Stone" the Clerics said that River was in jail for killing "a great man, a hero to many", now from the first episode, someone in an astronaut suit killed the Doctor, that person was put into an astronaut suit by the Silence. While Amy was checking the girls home, Madame Kovarian was spying on her. Also, in "A Good Man goes to War", the Clerics said that they stole Melody to use her as a weapon against the Doctor. This leads to the speculation that the Silence and the Clerics are working together, meaning that Melody is the girl in the Astronaut suit, and more than likely is the person who kills the Doctor. And for that matter, when the Doctor investigated the Astronaut, he said he knew it personally, although that could be anyone in his travels.

This all leads up to the assumption that the girl in the astronaut suit was indeed River, and this girl is the same person who killed the Doctor. Of course Moffat predicts that we will guess this, so there might be another plot twist upcoming.

Also I believe that the Doctor's death will be rather recent instead of 200 years in his timeline. Mainly because, if you watched any of the old series, the Doctor claims to be 1000 years while in this series, he says its 900. So either he finds back his real age, as the Time War may have affected his mind, or he just plain forgets, and estimates.

[quote name='OnSlaUghT' timestamp='1308142569' post='5284892']

The girl in the astronaut suit was able to regenerate, so she was Time Lord like River

The girl in the astronaut suit had several pictures of her life, one of those was Amy as her mom, this further leads to the girl being River

In "Flesh and Stone" the Clerics said that River was in jail for killing "a great man, a hero to many", now from the first episode, someone in an astronaut suit killed the Doctor, that person was put into an astronaut suit by the Silence. While Amy was checking the girls home, Madame Kovarian was spying on her. Also, in "A Good Man goes to War", the Clerics said that they stole Melody to use her as a weapon against the Doctor. This leads to the speculation that the Silence and the Clerics are working together, meaning that Melody is the girl in the Astronaut suit, and more than likely is the person who kills the Doctor. And for that matter, when the Doctor investigated the Astronaut, he said he knew it personally, although that could be anyone in his travels.

This all leads up to the assumption that the girl in the astronaut suit was indeed River, and this girl is the same person who killed the Doctor. Of course Moffat predicts that we will guess this, so there might be another plot twist upcoming.

Also I believe that the Doctor's death will be rather recent instead of 200 years in his timeline. Mainly because, if you watched any of the old series, the Doctor claims to be 1000 years while in this series, he says its 900. So either he finds back his real age, as the Time War may have affected his mind, or he just plain forgets, and estimates.
[/quote]

oh. my. f***ing. god.

you are officially my favorite member.

And if you guys remember, River says:

'I killed a man.'

[center][quote name='OnSlaUghT' timestamp='1308142569' post='5284892']

[/quote]

exactly what I have in mind though it would be predictable just like other shows I watched like Supernatural and The Mentalist which seem to be transparent but they deliver us with some rather [b]omg plot twist[/b]...and doctor who always does the same.

[quote name='Welche' timestamp='1308200481' post='5286901']
Previous Doctor was better.
[/quote]

David Tennant was great but Matt Smith is doing a great job. Plus I really like the witty style of the current reincarnation of the Doctor although the only thing that disappointing with the 11th doctor that he never really show his dark side that he was so hype to be while the 10th doctor gets angrier every week. Plus the 10th doctor have some really cool enemy like the Beast
[/center]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived